PDA

View Full Version : If the Presidential Candidates were Campers...

ftwildernessguy
07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
what do you think they'd camp in? I've been thinking about this one a lot lately.

Obama - he's an Airstream guy. I can just picture him coming out the door early in the morning with a steaming cup of coffee, waving like he's getting off a campaign bus. He just wouldn't know how to dress for camping - probably wearing snazzy pants with a crease and Italian shoes and a sweater around his shoulders like some yuppy.

McCain - he would have an old pop up, like an old Coleman. This guy could dress the part - plaid shirt, blue jeans, but Lugz boots, not Crocs like Pete would wear. The kicker - in the next site would be the Prevost he and his wife really sleep in.

Nader - the perpetual Green Party candidate. He would be in an old tent, but it would have to be made of hemp. He would arrive in an old Chevy station wagon, or maybe a Corvair (not!). Ralph doesn't have to worry about what to wear - his normal, unkempt look fits in anywhere in the woods.

des1954
07-29-2008, 03:32 PM
To be sure,,,none of them would camp in my Itasca or your Kiwi. Why??? Cause we're both smart enough not to invite any of them in!!:lmao:

Where is Richard Nixon when you need him???

AuburnJen92
07-29-2008, 03:35 PM
can't we take all of them, shove them into a popup, close the popup, and send them to siberia?

that would work for me...

ram101
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Obama would have to have someone there to hook up and drive for him. I met the guy while I was working, shook his hand and all. The guy's hand was so limp and soft. I did not detect a muscle anywhere in it. I know the guy shakes hands all the time so he wouldnt be lookin to give a firm shake but come on at least let me know your a man!!! :rolleyes:
Just by shaking his hand I would say he has never worked a day in his life. I felt all icky after it too. :sick:

Colson39
07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
This thread is going to get soooo nasty...lol. Ugh, politics :P

2goofycampers
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Neither of them would be caught dead in a camper unless it was for a photo opp.

Colson39
07-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Presidents can camp too, just ask Theodore Roosevelt...lol ;)

Minnie's Mate
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Obama would have to have someone there to hook up and drive for him. I met the guy while I was working, shook his hand and all. The guy's hand was so limp and soft. I did not detect a muscle anywhere in it. I know the guy shakes hands all the time so he wouldnt be lookin to give a firm shake but come on at least let me know your a man!!! :rolleyes:
Just by shaking his hand I would say he has never worked a day in his life. I felt all icky after it too. :sick:
Not only are there no muscles in his handshake, there's no backbone in his spine.

You're right...I'm sorry I couldn't help myself...and by the way, I own an Airstream and resemble ftwildernessguy's description too much, except I have a firm handshake and I'm a died in the wool Republican with a picture of Ronald Regan over my bed. But I guess you could tell.:rolleyes:

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Not only are there no muscles in his handshake, there's no backbone in his spine.

You're right...I'm sorry I couldn't help myself...and by the way, I own an Airstream and resemble ftwildernessguy's description too much, except I have a firm handshake and I'm a died in the wool Republican with a picture of Ronald Regan over my bed. But I guess you could tell.:rolleyes:

when the change gets here, you'll not feel that way about him. change changes everything.

BigDaddyRog
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
I say we put all in an over-formaldehyded fema trailer, lock the door from the outside and board the windows(Yeah, right...a fema trailer with windows??) and push it down a steep hill, pump a couple of .22s into the tires as it rolls away and take bets on who's the first to talk his way out of it before it rams into a gas station pump filled with $4/gal gas and bursts into flames.

RvUsa
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I like that one Rog!!! Very creative, very well thought out. :lmao::lmao:

My questions is, are these 2 jokers the best this country has to offer? Come on people, give me someone I want to vote for, not just "have" to vote for, because I like the other less!

Born 2 Fish
07-29-2008, 05:19 PM
when the change gets here, you'll not feel that way about him. change changes everything.

your right about that,,,when the change gets here, thats all that'll be left,
is the change ( .cents ) .

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 05:23 PM
your right about that,,,when the change gets here, thats all that'll be left,
is the change ( .cents ) .

Frank, It's change you can believe in.

Born 2 Fish
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I think Oprah,,I mean Obama,,would have a camper that would resemble a sardine can,,but it wouldn't be made in America,,and it wouldn't have any labels on it at all. And it certainly wouldn't be sport'n an American flag.

Still work'n on a camper for the old guy.

Colson39
07-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I told you guys this was going to get ugly ;)

Us3
07-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Come on people, give me someone I want to vote for, not just "have" to vote for, because I like the other less!

Sadly this is how I feel too. I see bumper stickers every day that say "Anyone but ....." and yet very very few "Vote for ....." Sad sad

Pirate-Jeff
07-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't think either is going to Disney world. the Gov couldn't afford it:rotfl2:

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 06:45 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Various%20stuff/waaambulance1.jpg

It's going to be a long 8 years. I give McCain a little pass, he was kept in a cage for 5 years or whatever. Frankly, I don't see why being a Senator gives you the right to run for President. It's not like you actually run anything as a Senator, you sit and vote.

Maybe after India and Vietnam take all our IT jobs, they'll outsource the President there.

Born 2 Fish
07-29-2008, 06:51 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Various%20stuff/waaambulance1.jpg

It's going to be a long 8 years. I give McCain a little pass, he was kept in a cage for 5 years or whatever. Frankly, I don't see why being a Senator gives you the right to run for President. It's not like you actually run anything as a Senator, you sit and vote.

Maybe after India and Vietnam take all our IT jobs, they'll outsource the President there.

And it's only my opinion, but I think people should certainly have more senate experience than just 143 days to run for pres.

Colson39
07-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Personally, I like someone that isn't mucked in Washington. Not that I necessarily would vote for Obama (still undecided), but haven't people for years been complaining about how "inside Washington" most politicians are now a days? I have to admit it's kind of nice to see someone from "outside" Washington get the chance.

Then again, most Presidents don't make decisions anyways, their advisors do. The question isn't how much experience Obama has, it's how much his advisors would have ;)

Pirate-Jeff
07-29-2008, 07:16 PM
And it's only my opinion, but I think people should certainly have more senate experience than just 143 days to run for pres.

When did McCain get to 143 days ?

ntsammy5
07-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Here's what I think:

"He's passe. Nobody cares about Mickey anymore. There are whole batches of Mickeys we just can't give away. I think we should phase him out."
- Roy Disney, Walt Disney's brother, 1937

des1954
07-30-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm a died in the wool Republican with a picture of Ronald Regan over my bed. But I guess you could tell.:rolleyes:

Gatordad is a beer drinking, over-the-hill, college student - with picture of Al (NTSammy5) over his bed!!:scared1: :lmao:

des1954
07-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Then again, most Presidents don't make decisions anyways, their advisors do. The question isn't how much experience Obama has, it's how much his advisors would have ;)

That's why I liked Richard Nixon! He surrounded himself with brilliant people,,,, well except those who planted the bugs - they weren't too smart. He did nothing more than any other president (questionable methods of spying on others) only he got caught.

Anyone ever been to the capitol? The acoustics are such that when standing in a particular spot under the dome, you can hear someone whispering on the other side of the room. That's how many politicians got their inside information before electronics!

I was mortified that Nixon did not receive the respect due a president for his funeral. I know his service and the location of his service were his wishes, but the news media really down-played it, and that's what I found disrespectful.

stky6
07-30-2008, 07:24 AM

popcorn::

big kahuna1
07-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Obama is nothing but a commercial...a celebrity. He has absolutely no substance whatsoever. He stands for absolutely nothing. Oops, I forgot, he stands for hope and change. The man cannot even speak, umm, er, ah, umm, ummm, umm, er, ah, ummm, umm, unless it is written in front of him or on the teleprompter. The ONLY thing he stands for and is known for is being the MOST LIBERAL SENATOR IN THE COUNTRY, period. He is not qualified and scares the crap out of me that people will vote for this guy. And we think the war is expensive? I seriously think people are finally seeing him for what he is...shallow and hollow.

Oh, to get back on post. The only camper Obama may set foot in is a Prevost...and even then I doubt it as he thinks he is beyond even that.

Mccain camped out for 5 1/2 years already and I think he is done camping.

Nader is not worth commenting on and has probably never even set foot outdoors anyway.

tellnotails
07-30-2008, 08:05 AM
obama/prevost...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o

DisneyBishops
07-30-2008, 08:10 AM
doesn't matter who we elect pres. Until we clean out both houses of Congress, it will never get better or change.

We need to look closely at the running mates of both men. The running mates might just be running the country soon.

The pres can't do much except start wars.

big kahuna1
07-30-2008, 08:27 AM
doesn't matter who we elect pres. Until we clean out both houses of Congress, it will never get better or change.

You're absolutely correct. Can you say TERM LIMITS?

RNmomnFL
07-30-2008, 09:13 AM
On another board I frequent a poster took Obama's mug (for his avatar) and the caption was changed from HOPE to NOPE. I just have to laugh every time I see that.

big kahuna1
07-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Nobama 08!!

PanFanAL
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
This is kinda how I feel about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VQ8pgySec4

ftwildernessguy
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Honest to God, I just wanted to know what kind of campers you guys thought they would have if they camped.

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Being that McCain's wife owns the Bud dealership in PHX, I think he'd have a pretty nice beer flowing system.

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 10:52 AM
This is kinda how I feel about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VQ8pgySec4

AMEN, that was my point! I loved that movie. LOL

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Nobama 08!!
:thumbsup2

Colson39
07-30-2008, 12:09 PM
My main concern with McCain is if he'll even last the 4 years. Considering he just had ANOTHER biopsy just 2 days ago, it's a rather big concern. In the end, with McCain, I think it will depend on who he picks for VP. Cause there is a good chance that guy could become President. I also have fear of another war mongerer in the White House. No thanks.

My main concern with Obama is that I believe he is smart and sincerely wants to do good, but that his lack of experience causes him to slip up at times and say stupid stuff. I don't believe half the crap the news says about him, that is just fear mongering. I also don't like that other than the Iraq War Issue, he hasn't seemed to take a huge stand on anything. Presidents should have convictions, they should not pander (although they all do). I do believe Obama would bring change because he hasn't been in Washington long enough to become entrapped, but I don't think all of a sudden we're all going to be living in mansions either.

Then again, McCain hasn't really taken a stand on much either. Actually, McCain has basically fallen off the face of the earth. I used to think that was a good idea, just let them attack Obama, but now I'm starting to think that it's hurting him.

I've always been a McCain fan, but I think the McCain I was a fan of years ago is not the same McCain he is now. I think he's become too Washington, he's no longer a "maverick", he just kind of goes with whatever people tell him. I also don't believe he is nearly as smart as Obama.

DisneyBishops
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
with the secret service around you would get no where near the beer system

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I'd like to think I'd be inside the beer drinkers circle of trust.... although I'm a Miller Lite guy.

Escape Artist
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
The last two presidents were both Washington outsiders and look how well that turned out! :eek:

I like McCain as a senator, but not as a president. And if he has health problems, he could linger for a loooooooong time with our country in crisis before he buys the farm.

Obama doesn't have much experience, but he sure seems to be getting an education during this election process. Did anybody else see "Obama Mia" on Jay Leno the other night? Hysterical!!!!!

I'm personally very worried about the Supreme Court becoming more conservative. I really like balance, and it's starting to swing too far to the right, so that'll be a big factor in my vote.

As far as the candidates and camping? I want them to stay home!!!!! If they came to FW, they'd probably end up taking over the whole campground for security purposes, and then the candidates would probably move out of their "donated" Prevosts becaues they're too primitive, and go stay in a suite in the Grand Floridian and eat at Victoria & Alberts. They'd probably stop by the campground for a photo op.

But what I'd love to see is either of the potential First Ladies handle a week in a popup with four kids of widely varying ages, hot/cold/rainy weather, and have to cook every meal and dump gray water! Now *that* would be funny!!! And how their dh's handle it might help me decide how to vote in November. :confused3

Sue in Texas

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
with the secret service around you would get no where near the beer system

:sad:

jrandtysmom
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Nobama 08!!

love it :thumbsup2

auntie
07-30-2008, 01:38 PM
If I were gonna sit around a campfire with either one of them..I guess I'd probably go with McCain. I do remember after 9-11..and not knowing why the hell our city was burning and our neighbors weren't returning home, that I watched him on Jay Leno. He had the knowledge and the abilitity to communicate to the American people what had happened..who had done it and why. I remember thinking at that time, he would proably make a good president, he had an understanding and grasp of the situation that most of us just didn't have back on that day. That being said...I have differences with both candidates regarding immigration and health care.
However...
Who ever can find that ******* Bin Laden and hang him from the top of the Empire State building would get my vote. :thumbsup2 I'll even buy them a camper! I don't care who they are, or what party they belong to. Just seems to me, that you don't hear much about that murderer anymore..it's as if the guy gets a free pass on blowing up an American City and murdering 3,000 people who did nothing but go to work that day. In all this time we haven't been able to find him. REALLY... :sad2:

Colson39
07-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Don't you know Bin Laden is in Iraq??? lol, j/k :P

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
The previous post got deleted, so now it doesn't make sense, so ignore this one.

big kahuna1
07-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Don't you know Bin Laden is in Iraq??? lol, j/k :P

If he was in Iraq he high tailed it outta there when Bush took office and went hiding in some worm hole somewhere to die a slow death of Kidney disease. May he die in pain.

Colson39
07-30-2008, 03:19 PM
I think we should watch offending anyone's political views in this thread, and not resort to calling anyone names. (this isn't to you Steve).

Otherwise this thread will be locked mighty quick :)

Rhonda
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
This is a friendly reminder that it's ok to express your opinion about the candidates, and what you like or don't like about them. But, please refrain from attacking other people for their opinions.

Thank you! :)

jrandtysmom
07-30-2008, 03:46 PM
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I'm with ya! I don't see where that happened but OK.

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
It's all my fault, I wanted to drink the president's beer. I'm sorry.

jrandtysmom
07-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Isn't it always your fault Gatordad? Wait....Is that considered a personal attack?

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
You cannot personally attack the Gatordad. As someone once told me, and I forget, you need a brain to feel pain. Plus you are alright in my book.

ntsammy5
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
IT'S ALL PETE'S FAULT!

Rhonda
07-30-2008, 04:02 PM

:lmao:

It's not anybody's "fault". This is just one of those hot topics, that tend to get out of control sometimes. Since Scott and I can't be here every minute, it's just good to put in a reminder once in awhile. :)

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
I gave him 3 days, 1 day ago, he can't get in trouble yet, he has 2 more days!!

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
IT'S Pete's fault, He's a witch, burn him anyway.

g8trmom1
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM
My main concern with McCain is if he'll even last the 4 years. Considering he just had ANOTHER biopsy just 2 days ago, it's a rather big concern. In the end, with McCain, I think it will depend on who he picks for VP. Cause there is a good chance that guy could become President. I also have fear of another war mongerer in the White House. No thanks. .

Since when is skin cancer a death sentence? Cancer of the skin is the most common of all cancers in the United States. Both basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas have a 95 percent cure rate when detected and treated early. The president is always watched closely by his Physician. I would hardly call McCain a walking timebomb. I've seen perfectly healthy individuals who were alot younger drop dead of a heart attack or a brain aneurysm.

auntie
07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
McCain also does have a mother well into her 90's.
Bye the way Hilary will be close to the same age as McCain in 8 years...which is why I'm betting she never had too much to say about McCains age either. If she gives it another go..she'll be around the same age in 8 years as he is now.

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 05:10 PM
my vote is for Sean Hannity. He should run for president. I love his talk show.

tellnotails
07-30-2008, 05:17 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/photomickey/mccain-diapers.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb5/roscoe7455/Obama.jpg

auntie
07-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Now that's just wrong...funny:lmao: ...but wrong!

ntsammy5
07-30-2008, 06:13 PM
THE IRISH - SUCH CLEAR THINKERS

Leave it to the Irish to cut through the crap and make the whole issue crystal clear...

Thoughts from across the pond.

An email from Ireland to the brethren in the States...a point to ponder despite your political affiliation:

'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a pants wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can't keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate "Mc" terminology married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lord's name are ye lads thinking over there in the colonies

Colson39
07-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Since when is skin cancer a death sentence? Cancer of the skin is the most common of all cancers in the United States. Both basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas have a 95 percent cure rate when detected and treated early. The president is always watched closely by his Physician. I would hardly call McCain a walking timebomb. I've seen perfectly healthy individuals who were alot younger drop dead of a heart attack or a brain aneurysm.

Quite a few people have concerns about his health, and I am one of them. I just mentioned the melanoma, that's just part of it.

Age has always been a factor in Presidential politics.

seabee
07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
There is no way, no matter what party they are from, I would vote for someone who can't put his hand on his heart for our national anthem, can't wear a flag pin on his lapell, until there is an uproar about it, and who's own wife has admitted to not liking our country. My husband fought, and lost a lot for this country and if Obama wins I am soooo happy he is no longer active duty. I would not be able to show my respect to that man. He is in no way fit to be Commander and Chief.

And I'm sorry if I offend, but please, whether or not you agree with what your pastor spews off at the mouth about, you stayed a member of that church for 20 years. I know if I didn't agree with the teachings and beliefs of my church, I would find another one?......

I feel that people just forget these issues. The only thing we really hear about with McCain is that he is old. Well, I would much rather have an old guy who has somewhat of a clue in office, rather than a guy that can't even show proper respect for the country he wants to run. I too am scared that this guy might be voted in. He may be bringing "change" but I don't think it is the change we really want.

Phew, I've said my peace, I'm done.

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 07:21 PM
There is no way, no matter what party they are from, I would vote for someone who can't put his hand on his heart for our national anthem, can't wear a flag pin on his lapell, until there is an uproar about it, and who's own wife has admitted to not liking our country. My husband fought, and lost a lot for this country and if Obama wins I am soooo happy he is no longer active duty. I would not be able to show my respect to that man. He is in no way fit to be Commander and Chief.

And I'm sorry if I offend, but please, whether or not you agree with what your pastor spews off at the mouth about, you stayed a member of that church for 20 years. I know if I didn't agree with the teachings and beliefs of my church, I would find another one?......

I feel that people just forget these issues. The only thing we really hear about with McCain is that he is old. Well, I would much rather have an old guy who has somewhat of a clue in office, rather than a guy that can't even show proper respect for the country he wants to run. I too am scared that this guy might be voted in. He may be bringing "change" but I don't think it is the change we really want.

I could not have said it better. My father and grandfather sacrificed for this country and so did your husband. It is not easily forgotten with me, ever.

ntsammy5
07-30-2008, 07:23 PM
This is a simple election - there are two clear choices - only one is the right decision

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 07:41 PM
:thumbsup2 There is no way, no matter what party they are from, I would vote for someone who can't put his hand on his heart for our national anthem, can't wear a flag pin on his lapell, until there is an uproar about it, and who's own wife has admitted to not liking our country. My husband fought, and lost a lot for this country and if Obama wins I am soooo happy he is no longer active duty. I would not be able to show my respect to that man. He is in no way fit to be Commander and Chief.

Colson39
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM

Here is my response, because I feel a lot of stuff is spun out there for Obama.

1) This should clear up a bit about the hand over the heart thing.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

I do have to agree that I see a lot of people that do not put their hand over their heart during the national anthem, only during the Pledge of Allegiance. He is a Presidential candidate however, so he should do it ALL the time (this isn't something he always does).

2) The flag lapel thing was his statement against the Iraq war. He probably could have chosen a better way, but he isn't not wearing the flag because he is not patriotic.

3) Michelle Obama never once said she didn't like our country. She did say:

“For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” she told a Milwaukee crowd today, “because it feels like hope is making a comeback.”

I think it was extremely stupid of her to say, but this is also a woman who when she went to college had her white roomate's mom have her moved out of the dorm because she didn't "want her white daughter staying with a black girl". I don't know what Michelle Obama has gone through in her life, but perhaps she's just proud that a "black man" (I still hate that people don't refer to him as mulata or half white or whatever, he's not just black) is running for President. In all honesty, I believe that was her intention. Not for a second do I think Michelle Obama hates the US.

4) The McCain old thing is an issue because, well, he is old. He would be the oldest President ever, and like I mentioned above, people do have concerns with people's age. That being said, that alone shouldn't cause him not to be President. I could end up voting for McCain, but his age will definitely play a part.

In the end, it's sad that in this day and age we have forgotten the issues. I feel like the Presidency has become a tabloid race, no one talking about anything to do with policy, but about prayer notes taken out of walls, about fear mongering of someone being Muslim (which even if he was, who cares, I thought Freedom of Religion was one of the tenants of this country), about stuff that will never affect you and me.

What will affect us is economic policy, foreign policy, taxes, social programs, etc... Yet I never hear anyone talking about that kind of stuff (in general), it's always "Did you hear Obama was a Muslim?" or "Did you hear McCain slipped up on talking about Iran".

auntie
07-30-2008, 07:46 PM

I remember thinking the same about his church affiliation. I have in fact changed churches..and denominations because I wasn't comfortable with what was being taught in the church I was raised in. It wasn't easy.., but I couldn't be a part of something that I didn't believe was right. It was the best thing we ever did, and we have been members of our current church for 20 years. I do remember getting up and walking out of our old church knowing that I was a Christian and didn't want to give up my faith, but figured I needed to find a Church or denomination whose values and beliefs reflected my own. It can be done. I wasn't running for office either.
While I think he is probably a nice man...I don't think he has the experience that the country needs during this time of turmoil.
That's not to say I agree with everything McCain stands for either..because I don't. I greatly disagree with him on health care, and immigration. Only given that these are our only two choices..I'll go with the "old guy"...whose lived through times that the young one has only read about in text books.

I also heard him say that he will chase Bin Laden to the gates of Hell. I truly hope if there is only one promise that he's able to keep...that's the one.
And yes, I know he's not in Iraq. Never thought he was. I hope he bombs the livng hell out of Afganistan until he finds the murdering ******* and makes him pay. Forget about rebuilding the pile of rocks that it is...just get him.. Then hand him over to us in NY...we'll let the FDNY take him first..then NYPD, then Port Authority...after that we'll give him to the MOTHERS, FATHERS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS and children of all those souls who rained down as ash in our city that terrible day.

Colson39
07-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately we can't just bomb entire countries full of innocent people into nothingness just to get one man. It's a shame though that Osama has never been caught.

Personally, I think he's already dead. I think he was taken out years ago, but the US wasn't able to prove it, so Al Qaeda keeps on putting out fake tapes from him. I believe we would have heard a lot more from him if he actually were alive, I remember all the tapes that would be released from him way before 9/11, and the guy was constantly rambling on. If he were still alive, it wouldn't be hard for him to continue to do the same, yet we rarely hear anything, and when we do, it's very non-specific or iffy at best.

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Amen sister, preach on.... (sorry couldn't resist), just wanted to lighten the mood, we are all friends here well, most of us, don't let this get us all riled up.

So let's see, the camping board vote would be about 40 to 3 hmmm campers seem to be a conservative bunch... LOL Who knew?

Colson39
07-30-2008, 07:56 PM
lol John, I pretty much figured that the board would be conservative, that's not much of a stretch.

P.S. Don't count me in those 3, I might very well still vote for McCain. I have lots of issues with both candidates, and I consider myself much more independent than anything (I don't believe in welfare, I believe in the death penalty, I don't support illegal immigration, yet I also don't like some of the stuff I see come out of the Republican party (too much hate and fear at times)).

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
I like to think of myself as an independent republican.... LOL I like to think for myself, not along a simple party line.

I have said it before, I don't like either, I think this country needs to give us better to choose from. But of the 2, I am voting McCain, the lesser of 2 evils in MHO.

Just my 2 cents.

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
freedom of religion or not christians are not trying to kill Americans. Muslims are.

Colson39
07-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I see where this is headed, I'll leave this post to you guys now, have fun :)

auntie
07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately we can't just bomb entire countries full of innocent people into nothingness just to get one man. It's a shame though that Osama has never been caught.

Personally, I think he's already dead. I think he was taken out years ago, but the US wasn't able to prove it, so Al Qaeda keeps on putting out fake tapes from him. I believe we would have heard a lot more from him if he actually were alive, I remember all the tapes that would be released from him way before 9/11, and the guy was constantly rambling on. If he were still alive, it wouldn't be hard for him to continue to do the same, yet we rarely hear anything, and when we do, it's very non-specific or iffy at best.

Hmmm..... interesting statement. "Innocent people into nothingness". I recall vividly 3000 innocent people being blown up into nothingness on Sept. 11th.

I for one, don't give a rats behind if the entire country is blown to bits trying to find Osama...or his body if he's dead.(which I don't think he is) Not one bit. I'll sleep at night just fine...better than I have since the murdering ******* blew up the city.

Just my opinion...guess you can tell I've got some pretty strong feelings when it comes to this. Comes from smelling the smoke of your city burning..and seeing grown men cry trying to find their boys in a pile of rubble. It doesn't matter if your boy is a man...he's always your boy. Then reading obituaries for over a year in our local papers. Now we deal with the illness and death that ground zero workers are experiencing. Guess I'll have to excuse myself from this part of the discussion. I just want someone to get the guy...I don't care who. I want someone to say "YOU DON'T DO THIS TO AMERICA"...

tellnotails
07-30-2008, 08:22 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o208/J3R3MY1972/McCain.jpg

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l420/Chiefmaster_photos/obama_bush.jpg

2goofycampers
07-30-2008, 08:59 PM
I never have liked the whole Republican & Democrat thing, I think it is very divisive to the country. Making 2 USA's. United we stand - divided we fall. The best person for the job should be President.

auntie
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I never have liked the whole Republican & Democrat thing, I think it is very divisive to the country. Making 2 USA's. United we stand - divided we fall. The best man for the job should be President.

Or...WOMAN. I'd sure like to see that one day. ;)

seabee
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
I never have liked the whole Republican & Democrat thing, I think it is very divisive to the country. Making 2 USA's. United we stand - divided we fall. The best man for the job should be President.

I completely agree. John for President!:cheer2:

2goofycampers
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Or...WOMAN. I'd sure like to see that one day. ;)

Thanks I fixed that, you are correct.

seabee
07-30-2008, 09:07 PM

I guess we really aren't going to get much "CHANGE" are we?:lmao:

2goofycampers
07-30-2008, 09:08 PM
I completely agree. John for President!:cheer2:

When he gets bored, his moderators can take over.:lmao:

BigDaddyRog
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Hmmm..... interesting statement. "Innocent people into nothingness". I recall vividly 3000 innocent people being blown up into nothingness on Sept. 11th.

I for one, don't give a rats behind if the entire country is blown to bits trying to find Osama...or his body if he's dead.(which I don't think he is) Not one bit. I'll sleep at night just fine...better than I have since the murdering ******* blew up the city.

Just my opinion...guess you can tell I've got some pretty strong feelings when it comes to this. Comes from smelling the smoke of your city burning..and seeing grown men cry trying to find their boys in a pile of rubble. It doesn't matter if your boy is a man...he's always your boy. Then reading obituaries for over a year in our local papers. Now we deal with the illness and death that ground zero workers are experiencing. Guess I'll have to excuse myself from this part of the discussion. I just want someone to get the guy...I don't care who. I want someone to say "YOU DON'T DO THIS TO AMERICA"...
:thumbsup2 AUNTIE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Oh My LORD!!!!!! We are in serious trouble, folks!!!

seabee
07-30-2008, 09:11 PM
With of course fringe benefits for his closest and dearest friends.:thumbsup2

auntie
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I guess we really aren't going to get much "CHANGE" are we?:lmao:

Probably not...

Only no matter who wins and who looses there will a peaceful transfer of power. There won't be any military take overs or rioting in the streets. Sure there are bound to be dissapointed people from one camp or the other..but life as we know it will go on. This is what seperates us from so many other countries where a vote is meaningless. While I'm not overly enthused by our choices, I will vote and thank those who fought and protected my right to do so.

BigDaddyRog
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
:thumbsup2 JOHN FOR PRESIDENT TOO:thumbsup2

seabee
07-30-2008, 09:23 PM
You are quite right Phyllis, we are very lucky to live where we do. Even with all our issues, and problems-it could be much worse. I lived overseas for several years and life is much different. I think a lot of the problems we have today stem from everyone forgetting how good we actually have it. And what goes into us keeping life the way it is.

seabee
07-30-2008, 09:24 PM
:thumbsup2 JOHN FOR PRESIDENT TOO:thumbsup2

What a ticket that would be!!

John and Phyllis for Co-Presidency!!!

seabee
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Can I park my camper on the front lawn of the white house? Now that would be one heck of a site pic.:thumbsup2

2goofycampers
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
John - "a camper in every driveway".

Phyllis - "we have to find a cure for teenage boys flatulence".

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

auntie
07-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Can I park my camper on the front lawn of the white house? Now that would be one heck of a site pic.:thumbsup2

Now wouldn't THAT be something. The front lawn of the white house turned into full hook ups..no...what was I thinking...it's the WHITE HOUSE! It would have to be preferred hook ups..complete with cable! :thumbsup2

Don't forget...Tina's 5th wheel rental would have it's own permanent site too!:rotfl: We couldn't have her towing from Fl. all the time. :laughing:

Us3
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM

auntie
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
John - "a camper in every driveway".

Phyllis - "we have to find a cure for teenage boys flatulence".

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh man..you are right about that::yes:: ..I would definetly have to get some smarty pants scientist types workin' on that right away. I'm figuring this problem with the ozone layer and global warming is probably a direct result of teenage boy flatulence to be sure! Gotta be! Anyone who lives with one knows that. You see....yet another reason for woman in the white house. To tackle these really important issues that effect our everyday lives.:laughing:

seabee
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/jimpecoy/untitledcopy.jpg

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
vote for gatordad, he's over 35 and will invite our enemies to drink beer.

BigDaddyRog
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
As a 40yr old male...I must say...my flatulence potency has definately improved with age......Teens may be able to do it more often, but experiance proves that ONCE CAN BE ENOUGH if done properly!!!

3gr8kids
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
THE IRISH - SUCH CLEAR THINKERS

Leave it to the Irish to cut through the crap and make the whole issue crystal clear...

Thoughts from across the pond.

An email from Ireland to the brethren in the States...a point to ponder despite your political affiliation:

'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a pants wearing lawyer, married to a lawyer who can't keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer who goes to the wrong church who is married to yet another lawyer who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate "Mc" terminology married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lord's name are ye lads thinking over there in the colonies

'nuf said.

again, 'nuf said :thumbsup2

too funny!

2goofycampers
07-30-2008, 09:50 PM
ONCE CAN BE ENOUGH

Parsimonious with the flatulence, are we? ;)

auntie
07-30-2008, 09:56 PM
As a 40yr old male...I must say...my flatulence potency has definately improved with age......Teens may be able to do it more often, but experiance proves that ONCE CAN BE ENOUGH if done properly!!!

We are talking about farting here right?...
:rotfl:
I mean with that statement..I'm just makin' sure. :rolleyes1

auntie
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM

That is too funny! :rotfl:

Ahemm...I'm thinking though...maybe it should be "Phyllis and John"...I mean..I'm just sayin'...:rolleyes1
Not that it matters. (that is woman speak for...IT MATTERS!) :rotfl:

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
You guys crack me up. From voting for a president to teen farts. :lmao: well actually its not that big of a difference.

Disney Campers
07-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Only on the camping board does a political thread progress into a discussion about flatulence and Napoleon Dynamite, speaking of dynamite anyone watching the Criss Angel mindfreak show, its live at the beach

auntie
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM
You guys crack me up. From voting for a president to teen farts. :lmao: well actually its not that big of a difference.

EXACTLY..it really wasn't much of a stretch.:rotfl:

seabee
07-30-2008, 10:09 PM

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Uh, well, um, I would like to um, thank all of you who, um, ah support my candidacy.

I think my first act as president would be to convert the mall at the washington monument into a campground, and the reflecting pool into a giant wave pool and lazy river.... WITH FREE CABLE AND WIFI!

Thank you and God Bless America!

jrandtysmom
07-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Uh, well, um, I would like to um, thank all of you who, um, ah support my candidacy.

I think my first act as president would be to convert the mall at the washington monument into a campground, and the reflecting pool into a giant wave pool and lazy river.... WITH FREE CABLE AND WIFI!

:worship: :worship: We're not worthy! :worship: We're not worthy:worship:

stky6
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
If Who ever can find that ******* Bin Laden

They just need to get the Student Loan past due payment collectors on him, they'll find ya anywhere. :thumbsup2

des1954
07-30-2008, 10:37 PM

But....but.... do you "approve" this message?

I say, we need to clean our own homes in order to clean up the Office of the President.

By that I mean, each voter should educate themselves on their local representatives,,, be it a senator, congressman, county commissioner, mayor,,,, what ever the office.

Often time the incumbants get elected over and over and over again because people think "Well my life has been okay with Joe Plotnick in the office. I'll vote for him again!" Just look at Robert Byrd (serving since 1959) Ted Kennedy (serving since 1962), Strom Thurman (serving since 1954)...just to name a few! This is freaking rediculous for people to hold the same office for 40-50+ years!!

People do not see that most long-term imcumbants are the cause of the problems. Politicians all scratch each others backs and most politicians are involved with huge corporations on some level!!! Ever hear the term "pork barrel"?

If this country wants to effect a change in the US Government, the place to begin is in your own jurisdictions. Term limits on all elected offices might be a good place to start.

Until we get the "good ol' boys" out of the congress and senate, there will be no change no matter who gets elected for president.

This is MY message & I approve it! :thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Does that mean that I am a candidate? The nurse told me that I had to take laxatives all week and let all the air the pumped in out, so I am a PRIME candidate, based on your qualifications you have mentioned of course...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

surgery does WONDERFUL things to you....:scared1:

jrandtysmom
07-30-2008, 10:50 PM
But....but.... do you "approve" this message?

I say, we need to clean our own homes in order to clean up the Office of the President.

By that I mean, each voter should educate themselves on their local representatives,,, be it a senator, congressman, county commissioner, mayor,,,, what ever the office.

Often time the incumbants get elected over and over and over again because people think "Well my life has been okay with Joe Plotnick in the office. I'll vote for him again!" Just look at Robert Byrd (serving since 1959) Ted Kennedy (serving since 1962), Strom Thurman (serving since 1954)...just to name a few! This is freaking rediculous for people to hold the same office for 40-50+ years!!

People do not see that most long-term imcumbants are the cause of the problems. Politicians all scratch each others backs and most politicians are involved with huge corporations on some level!!! Ever hear the term "pork barrel"?

If this country wants to effect a change in the US Government, the place to begin is in your own jurisdictions. Term limits on all elected offices might be a good place to start.

Until we get the "good ol' boys" out of the congress and senate, there will be no change no matter who gets elected for president.

This is MY message & I approve it! :thumbsup2

I like it! :thumbsup2 Are you on the ballot for November?:cheer2:

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Does that mean that I am a candidate? The nurse told me that I had to take laxatives all week and let all the air the pumped in out, so I am a PRIME candidate, based on your qualifications you have mentioned of course...:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Deb is hereby appointed my campaign manager!

des1954
07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Deb is hereby appointed my campaign manager!

I proudly accept!!! I'd be glad to have someone who is smart, witty, and most importantly....a DIS-CAMPER as President of these United States!!
(Just don't expect me to tally votes....I am a Floridian, you know:lmao: )

auntie
07-30-2008, 10:59 PM
YOUR campaign manager...I thought we were "CO"-Presidents...what happened to that "my friend"? (I got that from McCain..how'd you like it:lmao: )

seabee
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM

hhmm, I think you should be posting in the "Alternative Energy" thread!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_11.gif

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Everyone knows a woman can't be president.... OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!

Just kidding, I am loopy on cheap wine and playing mobster all day.... LOL

You my friend can have the whole thing, it doesn't pay enough to make it worth my time. :)

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:04 PM
I am a birth certificate carrying Floridian, can I be in charge of counting CHADS!:lmao:

auntie
07-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Everyone knows a woman can't be president.... OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!!

Just kidding, I am loopy on cheap wine and playing mobster all day.... LOL

You my friend can have the whole thing, it doesn't pay enough to make it worth my time. :)

Yeah..well that's true too..the money isn't all that great. But think about the POWER...:wizard:
and the abuse there of...we could have a great time with that!

auntie
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I am a birth certificate carrying Floridian, can I be in charge of counting CHADS!:lmao:

HIRED! As long as you count them for John and I. :thumbsup2

Disney Campers
07-30-2008, 11:15 PM

only the hanging chads, the chads in the bottom of the ballot box don't count, i'll volunteer to drive the yellow ryder truck from Miami to DC for the re-count broadcast live on CNN

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:15 PM
OF COURSE I WILL!

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM
only the hanging chads, the chads in the bottom of the ballot box don't count, i'll volunteer to drive the yellow ryder truck from Miami to DC for the re-count broadcast live on CNN

nope, I only count on FOX NEWS:happytv:

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 11:17 PM
whats my job? I want a job.:sad1:

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 11:17 PM

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
gatordad wants to be the intern.;)

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:24 PM
but he is a GUYewwwww!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

auntie
07-30-2008, 11:25 PM

How about....Press Secretary:mic: ...You will keep everyone well informed as to the rantings and ravings of the co-presidents. :laughing:

RvUsa
Shouldn't he be celebrating his birthday for a couple more minutes?

VACAMPER
John better watch out.:lmao:

Gatordad

I was voting for Phyllis.

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 11:26 PM
How about....Press Secretary:mic: ...You will keep everyone well informed as to the rantings and ravings of the co-presidents. :laughing:

They way your ranting tonight, i'm not sure i can keep up.:lmao:

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:27 PM

if you are the intern, i am staying away from you then...ewww

especially if you are changing your name to monica

Disney Campers

You can be the one responsible for the whole chad counting process and later elected to the House of Representatives for 1 term

auntie

Do we REALLY want to go down this road?....:scared1:

I had been thinking more along the lines of Secretary of State.

State of Drunkeness that is!:rotfl:

Intern.?..that's an interesting thought.

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 11:28 PM

they're co-presidents so your going to be busy.

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 11:29 PM
huh huh ... .huh huh huh, she said "go down".... huh huh (my best beavis)

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 11:30 PM
You can be the one responsible for the whole chad counting process and later elected to the House of Representatives for 1 term

so, are you saying i'm in charge of Deb and Jen? That means they're allowed to drink heavily while counting chads. Yes, I approve.

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:32 PM
so, are you saying i'm in charge of Deb and Jen? That means they're allowed to drink heavily while counting chads. Yes, I approve.

(in my best valley girl accent) Kewl, totally!

auntie
07-30-2008, 11:33 PM
huh huh ... .huh huh huh, she said "go down".... huh huh (my best beavis)

OH GOD...your drunk...you should resign immediately. :rolleyes1

Disney Campers
07-30-2008, 11:34 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PSMAG/1115575~Bevis-and-Buthead-I-am-the-Great-Cornholio-Posters.jpg

AuburnJen92
07-30-2008, 11:37 PM
OH GOD...your drunk...you should resign immediately. :rolleyes1

now, come on, he did admit quite a while ago that he was starting on a bottle of wine, it was not a secret....;)

auntie
07-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, folks this candidate is going to bed. Wait..that didn't sound right. :eek: I mean to sleep. Yep..you know what I mean..I've been on here too long. :sad2:
Thank you for you votes..and God Bless America!:thumbsup2

VACAMPER
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Have fun in bed auntie:lmao: I out for the night too folks.

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 11:41 PM
As a responsible politician, I have not had fun in bed in years.....

BigDaddyRog
07-31-2008, 01:20 AM
God...I LOVE you idiots!!!!

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 01:29 AM
I am no where near this funny in person.....

des1954
07-31-2008, 06:17 AM

As long as they aren't "hanging" Chad's. Too gruesome!:eek:
"Dimpled" Chad's could be cute, though!

tellnotails
07-31-2008, 06:34 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii237/joshtedeschi/facebook%20pictures/Obama_change.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/photomickey/McCain-excite.jpg

DisneyBishops
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
whoever said politicians aren't smart. Remember John Kerry, he married a woman who owns Heinz and is worth around 500 million bucks. McCain married a beer dist. who is probably worth more than 500 million, and just think all the free beer he can drink. These guys may not be brilliant but they sure know how to marry.

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Honest to God, guys, I just wanted to know what kind of camper you thought they'd have.

I am amazed at how this took off last night. I just don't have time today to read all the responses. I did see mention of McCain's cancer, and I am pretty positive he had melanoma, which has a much poorer prognosis than either squamous cell or basal cell, although it is no longer the death sentence it was some 25 years ago thanks to earlier detection and treatment.

Gatordad
07-31-2008, 09:26 AM
McCain's wife is rich, but Heinz is wealthy.

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 09:28 AM

Heinz is rich and thick.:rotfl2:

Disney Campers
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Honest to God, guys, I just wanted to know what kind of camper you thought they'd have.

I am amazed at how this took off last night.

I think Nader would probably have one of them there Green Briar Vans pulling a trailer, Obama's wife probably would not want to be seen in a campground much less an RV, and McCain would probably have one of them luxury GMC coaches.

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/American/GM/Chevrolet/Corvair/1965%20Chevrolet%20Corvair%20Greenbriar%20Van%20f3 q.jpg

big kahuna1
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM

EAT HUNTS!:scared1:

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
EAT HUNTS!:scared1:

I won't even dignify that with a response. :sad2:

On a different note, after I was laying in bed last night, not sleeping again, I was thinking about the Morgan Spurlock show, 30 days.

It made me think, anyone who wants to have a public office, president of the us, senate, house, governor etc, should have to live for 30 days like the people they are governing.

Lets face it, what do any of them know about being a normal american? They are all rich fat cats who come from money, or have money, and have no grasp of what it is really like.

Do like Morgan did, put them in some city somewhere with $100 in their pockets, let them live on a minimum wage job at mcdonalds etc, make them pay for their own gas to get to work, on their minimum wage job. Lets see minimum wage is what $6 ish, x 40 = $240, fill up a normal car what $60, that leaves you what $150 week after taxes to live.....

I think they would all have just a little more respect for the people who pay their big fat pork barrel paychecks!

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 11:27 AM

On a different note, after I was laying in bed last night, not sleeping again, I was thinking about the Morgan Spurlock show, 30 days.

It made me think, anyone who wants to have a public office, pous, senate, house, governor etc, should have to live for 30 days like the people they are governing.

Lets face it, what do any of them know about being a normal american? They are all rich fat cats who come from money, or have money, and have no grasp of what it is really like.

Do like Morgan did, put them in some city somewhere with $100 in their pockets, let them live on a minimum wage job at mcdonalds etc, make them pay for their own gas to get to work, on their minimum wage job. Lets see minimum wage is what $6 ish, x 40 = $240, fill up a normal car what $60, that leaves you what $150 week after taxes to live.....

I think they would all have just a little more respect for the people who pay their big fat pork barrel paychecks!

Boy, that's telling it like it is, John. I find it interesting that the laws they pass seldom effect them at all, too. Even when healthcare reform was being actively discussed during the Clinton administration, congress was exempting its members from any legislation that would be passed that affected their health coverage.

seabee
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM

It made me think, anyone who wants to have a public office, president of the us, senate, house, governor etc, should have to live for 30 days like the people they are governing.

Excellent idea. The candidates are so out of touch with what is really going on with the regular people.

This is why I nominated John and Phyllis-they would whip this place into shape. Or we would be so hopped up on kungaloosh that we wouldn't care!
I nominate Jim as Head of Mixery(a newly established seat on the cabinet)

ftwildernessguy
07-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Excellent idea. The candidates are so out of touch with what is really going on with the regular people.

This is why I nominated John and Phyllis-they would whip this place into shape. Or we would be so hopped up on kungaloosh that we wouldn't care!
I nominate Jim as Head of Mixery(a newly established seat on the cabinet)

Well, we wouldn't have to wonder what the candidates were camping in, anyway.

big kahuna1
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
EAT HUNTS!

I guess I'll have to eccsplain so here. The above was in response to the Heinz comments so instead of eating Heinz...eat hunts...catsup that is.

Who the heck would buy Heinz catsup anyway knowing Gumby is connected to it by way of marriage. EWW!!!:scared1:

PanFanAL
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Anyway, Heinz bought out Hunt's a decade or so ago. So, they get the money either way!

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
I live near Pittsburgh, it is against the law to even say that other kind of condiment, heinz will always be in my house..... LOL

big kahuna1
07-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Well now what do I do for catsup?:confused3

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Well now what do I do for catsup?:confused3

Make your own. ;)

big kahuna1
07-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I live near Pittsburgh, it is against the law to even say that other kind of condiment, heinz will always be in my house..... LOL

If you knew where she "donated" most of her money you would'nt.

I did a little research and could not find anywhere where Heinz owns the Hunts Ketchup. Hunts is owned by ConAgra Foods so I will continue to give my ketchup money to them and not Gumby's wife.:thumbsup2

auntie
07-31-2008, 02:23 PM

I would LOVE to see that. I want anyone who thinks we should welcome illegal aliens to come to my town and LIVE there. See what effect this has had on our local economy and the tremendous burden it has been for our school district. Our school taxes are based on single family occupancy homes...only there are those homes being rented out to illegal immigrants with many families occupying one home. The town can't afford to pay more inspectors to handle the increase in violations. Even when they are reported..they simply move to another home, and the process starts again. It's a vicious cycle. The school has to pay to educate those children occupying these single family homes. Only the tax rate for the school is based on a single family occupying that home..yet 4 or 5 families may be occupying it. This is a tremendous burden for the local districts. I mean..they have a "one tissue" policy in our district. Can you imagine..if your kid sneezes and needs to go to the nurse..it's one tissue..then use your sleeve I guess. :sad1: We pay $8,000 a year in taxes..and it's only going up. It makes those of us who do own single family residences and moved here so our kids would have a better chance at a good education wonder what the heck is our government doing. Now, I don't mean to sound heartless...and I feel for those who came here...but why is it that MY community is the one to suffer because of it. Seems like the rich folks in Washington, or Albany can afford to be sentimental and welcome everyone with open arms. They have illegal immigrants mow their lawns and serve them in their restaurants, or clean their homes. Then they go home...to my town. They don't have them living next door, with five families. I think they might have a different tune to sing if that were the case.
I'm not sure what the answer is..and again, I don't mean to sound heartless..but the only way around this is to move..and we will probably do just that when my youngest finishes high school. Only that doesn't really solve anything, it just leaves the same mess for someone else. That is a shame because my husband was raised here, and his mother, and grandmother before him.

des1954
07-31-2008, 02:23 PM

I did a little research and could not find anywhere where Heinz owns the Hunts Ketchup. Hunts is owned by ConAgra Foods so I will continue to give my ketchup money to them and not Gumby's wife.:thumbsup2

Look at the time-line for Con-Agra Foods. It all began in 1861 with Gilbert C. Van Camp.....of the Van Camp Pork & Beans fame! YaY!!! I LOVE Pork & Beans! Just don't strike a match after I've had 'em!!:lmao:

For those who are even remotely interested...

http://www.conagrafoodscompany.com/corporate/aboutus/company_history_timeline.jsp

Gatordad
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
As much as it pains me, I do like Heinz better. Hunts catsup is like Hydrox cookies. If your mom brought either home, it's ok to punch her in the nose.

RvUsa
07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey Phyllis, tell us how you really feel!!! LOL Calm down sister, you are gonna have a stroke! Maybe you need to step away from the computer and go eat some mexican food, I bet there are some good places in your area.....

I am sorry, I couldn't resist.

Pete, I forgot all about hydrox cookies, YUCK, and I don't care where the money goes from my one measely bottle of ketchup (not catsup). I WANT MY HIENZ 57!

big kahuna1
07-31-2008, 03:09 PM
The moral compass of this country is disappearing... ketchup bottle by ketchup bottle. This is a sad day in history. Just think what you are teaching our yute...that you are not wiling to sacrifice taste and then therefore support a company that supports communist/marxist groups in this Country. Sad indeed. I for one will not let my moral compass stray...until I try Heinz again and see if it really does taste better.:rolleyes1

g8trmom1
07-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Phyllis, tell us how you really feel!!! LOL Calm down sister, you are gonna have a stroke! Maybe you need to step away from the computer and go eat some mexican food, I bet there are some good places in your area.....

Pete, I forgot all about hydrox cookies, YUCK, and I don't care where the money goes from my one measely bottle of ketchup (not catsup). I WANT MY HIENZ 57!

I've also learned that I cannot buy anything but Helmann's mayo...as per Pete. Also, it's a known fact that his meal will be ruined if a restaurant serves Diet Pepsi instead of his beloved Diet Coke...

big kahuna1
07-31-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm a Coke person myself. Crown and pepsi just ain't right!

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Phyllis I feel your pain. We are directly affected everyday by illegal immigrants. We are in the housing construction industry. Prices for our profession should be 1/2 again what we are getting. Try bidding a job against someone who has no business expenses such as;

pays no income taxes
pays no workmans comp. ins.
pays no liability ins.
pays no disability ins.
pays no health ins.
pays no commercial vehicle ins.

And all of the other insurances we pay on personal items.

Gatordad
07-31-2008, 03:32 PM
I've also learned that I cannot buy anything but Helmann's mayo...as per Pete. Also, it's a known fact that his meal will be ruined if a restaurant serves Diet Pepsi instead of his beloved Diet Coke...

Dukes is good mayo....

As for diet pipsi, I wouldn't drink it if it were free.

tellnotails
07-31-2008, 03:33 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/GUINNESS_WENCH/Bumper%20Snickers/take_my_word.gif

lucy_love
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't read the entire thread but..

we need another FDR, he pulled us out of the depression and turned us around. He is one of my favorite presidents :)

I'm moving to Canada! haha j/k but that's what a lot of people joke about here in Gainesville because no one is really happy with either candidate.

and a fun little trivia fact:
Charlie Crist is gay and the only reason he recently got engaged was because he might be running under McCain and it looks better if he is engaged. :thumbsup2

Rhonda
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
Did you guys know that Heinz ketchup says "refrigerate after opening" but Hunts doesn't? (or maybe it's the other way around.)

Anyway....just a little catsup/ketchup trivia for you. :)

Gatordad
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
not that there's anything wrong with that.

lucy_love
07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Did you guys know that Heinz ketchup says "refrigerate after opening" but Hunts doesn't? (or maybe it's the other way around.)

Anyway....just a little catsup/ketchup trivia for you. :)

I noticed that too and i always wondered why restaurants keep it out on the table when it says to refrigerate it :confused3

BigDaddyRog
07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Hunts really IS pretty bad...but now that I know Hienz is funding the communists...Hunts doesnt seem so horrible!! Cant do anything but Kraft mayo...doesnt Kraft make a ketchup?

Rhonda
07-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Hunts really IS pretty bad...but now that I know Hienz is funding the communists...Hunts doesnt seem so horrible!! Cant do anything but Kraft mayo...doesnt Kraft make a ketchup?

I like dipping my fries in ketchup and mayo mixed together! :lovestruc

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 05:26 PM

Frank does too. He puts mayo on everything.

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 05:28 PM

I have also heard that Target donates to some unsavory places. Ever heard of this? or know what they donate to?

ntsammy5
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Don't use ketchup much myself.

I'm totally disenchanted with EVERY elected official from BOTH parties.

If they were campers they'd all take your rigs and sleep in those while they drink your beer.

Gatordad
07-31-2008, 05:32 PM
I have also heard that Target donates to some unsavory places. Ever heard of this? or know what they donate to?

you calling Tiger Woods, unsavory???? Thems fightin words

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 05:34 PM
you calling Tiger Woods, unsavory???? Thems fightin words

Who is that? :rolleyes1

auntie
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM

I'm not really riled up about it..I mean we live it every day. I guess at this point I'm more disgusted than anything else. I'm sorry..I'll have to take it to the angry thread..only I saw some optimism over there...and thought it totally inappropriate! LOL! :laughing:
John...I'm not sure you're fit to govern...you aren't taking these issues very seriously:sad2: ...Oh..wait, I'm sorry, that means you are TOTALLY fit to be president!:rotfl2: Carry on! :thumbsup2

Rhonda
07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
http://sites.target.com/site/en/corporate/page.jsp?contentId=PRD03-001811

Born 2 Fish
07-31-2008, 06:20 PM

:thumbsup2 YES !!!a woman after my own heart People think I'm crazy for doing that,,my son likes it too. Denise thinks it's sick.

VACAMPER
07-31-2008, 06:23 PM
I haven't read Rhonda's link yet but i do know they have the Target House in Memphis for families who children are being treated at St Judes to live in while they are there. Free of charge. My friend stayed there with her son for months. Most of those families could not afford a second mortage or rent to be able to stay there for treatment.

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 06:52 PM
As long as they aren't "hanging" Chad's. Too gruesome!:eek:
"Dimpled" Chad's could be cute, though!

as long as they come in pairs:lmao:

AuburnJen92
07-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Also, it's a known fact that his meal will be ruined if a restaurant serves Diet Pepsi instead of his beloved Diet Coke...

Um, Chris will do this as well. I for one, will drink neither.

des1954
07-31-2008, 07:31 PM
I will drink whatever diet cola is on sale at Publix - including Publix brand. I do not have a cultivated diet cola palate.

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 07:34 PM
http://sites.target.com/site/en/corporate/page.jsp?contentId=PRD03-001811

It looks harmless enough to me.

Rhonda
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
It looks harmless enough to me.

That's what I thought too. But, maybe there's "behind the scenes" stuff that they don't put out there. :confused3

Being from Minneapolis, I'm a big Target fan! I never worked there, but have friends that do, and of course I love to shop there!! :goodvibes

big kahuna1
08-01-2008, 08:09 AM
It is not Target...it is Target'.

tellnotails
08-04-2008, 07:12 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r237/frogspace/Obama.png

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/Kravitz_bucket/SAVEIB%2008/bush_mccain_400.jpg

RvUsa
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
So what are you trying to say with those pictures, that Obama has to pee, and McCain and Bush are "special" friends? :lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Gatordad
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
McCain is actully telling Bush to stay the ()*^*(&^&* away from my campaign.

Minnie's Mate
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
... McCain and Bush are "special" friends? :lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Yes, can't you see McCain copping a feel in the first and third one on the top row! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Died in the wool Republican here...with a sense of humor.