PDA

View Full Version : Maure' & Jake's Vow Renewal PJ-DCL wedding on CC-2013-Wedding colors and other things

Flurbee
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Well, after many months lurking on this site, I have finally decided to start my own PJ...YAY!!!:cool1: This is all new to me, and I have never done anything like this before, so hope it all goes well, and at least somebody out there is entertained.:lmao:

HOW WE MET

Jake and I actually met through my mother and his sister. My mother and his sister both go roller skating at the same place on Wednesday nights, and somehow started talking about us and how we should meet. Well, since my mother doesn't have the best track record when it comes to setting me up with people, she told me about Jake, but I chose to ignore her. I had given my phone # to my mother to give to Jake's sister to give to Jake. (Sound like junior high??:rotfl: ) Well, he didn't call me, and I decided that if he couldn't even call me on the phone, how would we ever talk in person??! Finally I told my mother to just get me his # and I would initiate the calling if I so felt the urge..Which, by the way, I did not, at least until the jerk I was dating at the time stood me up, and in a fit of rage at all men, I decided to call this Jake person, and see if he would also blow me off and fit into my definition of what I thought all men were at that point. (JERKS!!!) So, I called. He did not answer so I left a voicemail, totally convinced that he would NEVER call me back. BUT, about 2 hours later, he did....and the rest, as they say, is history. We talked for about 2 hours on the phone, arranged to meet in person the next day, and have been together ever since. It was pretty automatic, like we just knew we were right for each other. That was on April 29, 2006. In July of 2007 we were engaged, and then we got married on September 24, 2007.

Here is a picture of us
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Christmasetc040.jpg

I hope that works.....

Originally we were going to wait and do the real wedding at Disney World. That has always been my dream, Disney is my favorite place!! Jake likes Disney, but is definitely not the fanatic that I am. Well, we were living together, and I knew my parents really weren't into it, so we decided to make it official and then go ahead and do a VR at Disney. I am going to post this and make sure that my pic came up.

Flurbee
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Ok, so that worked....YAY!!

Here are some pics of my engagement ring:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Jamilaswedding088.jpg
IMG]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Jamilaswedding089.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Jamilaswedding090.jpg[/IMG]
Here is the matching wedding band:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Jamilaswedding092.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Jamilaswedding093.jpg

Flurbee
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Ok, I don't know why those middle pics didn't post, but I guess you get the idea....Here is a picture of both my rings together...

IMG]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Christmasetc045.jpg[/IMG]

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/Jamilaswedding097.jpg

Ok, ok, enough with the rings....:) I guess an obvious question would be why are we doing a VR so soon? Well, when we got married in September, we just went to the JP, nobody else was there, and we didn't have a reception or anything. I really wanted to chance to have my dream wedding where I have a wedding dress, bridesmaids, my dad walk me down the aisle, and all of our friends and family there. I know some people don't get it, but I know all of you lovely disbrides will understand where I am coming from...:goodvibes I guess you can just call us the backwards couple...:lmao: We got married first, but now are doing all the things you do before you get married, like we just had "engagement pictures" taken, I am going to have a wedding shower, etc. Well, I am going to go try and post a link to this in my signature. Next time I will get into all of my wedding plans.....:)

JoJo1980
07-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Hello there! Welcome to this part of the boards - you'll love it here :grouphug: Your rings are lovely, very pretty :goodvibes

Theres nothing wrong with the way round you're doing things, at least you'll have the nerves out of the way and you can just concentrate on having an amazing time :banana: We originally were going to do something similar - just get married here in the UK at a register office with just the parents and then do all the pretty stuff in disney a week later in the form of a vow renewal. My planner told me that its more common than people think and that they deal with that situation all the time :thumbsup2 We've now switched things around so that our actual wedding is going to be in disney and we're doing something special when we get home - still got to figure out what though :surfweb: Sometimes I wonder whether we've made the right decision but I'm the most indesicive person in the world so its probably just me over stressing!! :laughing:

I can't wait to hear more about your plans popcorn::

Flurbee
07-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for being the very first to reply on my thread!!! :banana: I am glad that we are not the only ones going about things this way....:) I promise I will have more updates soon!!!

DisneyBrideToni
07-25-2008, 08:07 PM
I just had a thought for you. What if your DF's Step-mother did a reading and then the mothers did the candles?

padisneyfour
07-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Welcome and looking forward to hearing more of your plans!:goodvibes

Flurbee
07-25-2008, 11:28 PM
Toni,

I like that idea too.....we will have to see, I am still going back and forth between the sand ceremony and the unity candle... I will have to ask my planner if they have any suggestions...:goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
07-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Toni,

I like that idea too.....we will have to see, I am still going back and forth between the sand ceremony and the unity candle... I will have to ask my planner if they have any suggestions...:goodvibes

Yeah the planners have all the ideas!!! My planner is great!

I am so glad you started your PJ! Your ring is gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to follow your PJ!

Lynn5700
07-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi!! Welcome to the boards!!!! your rings are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Flurbee
07-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Thank you everyone!! You girls are so sweet!! I had this irrational fear that I was going to do a PJ and nobody would read it....:lmao: I promise I will get to the planning very soon!! OH, and can someone tell me how to multiquote?? I think that might come in handy on here...:)

AuroraBorealis
07-27-2008, 02:02 AM
Beautiful rings! I love the leafy filigree (is that the right term?) on the band part.

This might be a dumb question, but how do you pronounce your name? :blush: I've never seen it before.

To multi-quote, click on the little icon with the quotation marks and plus sign to the right of the "Quote" button. Click on this for each post you want to quote and then hit "Reply."

pixiemama3
07-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Congrats and best wishes on the planning also welcome and the rings are very pretty ...

disneychickforever
07-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi Maure'. I hope I didn't freak you out by IMing you after we haven't talked in such a long time.

Love to see that you started your PJ! I can't wait to see all your plans for your magical day. :goodvibes:

Flurbee
07-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Beautiful rings! I love the leafy filigree (is that the right term?) on the band part.

This might be a dumb question, but how do you pronounce your name? :blush: I've never seen it before.

To multi-quote, click on the little icon with the quotation marks and plus sign to the right of the "Quote" button. Click on this for each post you want to quote and then hit "Reply."
Thank you so much!! :) My name is actually french, and the easiest way to tell people how to say it, is to say that it rhymes with hooray....
Thanks for the info on multi quoting-as you can see, I am trying it out right now!!!
Congrats and best wishes on the planning also welcome and the rings are very pretty ...

Thank you!!

Hi Maure'. I hope I didn't freak you out by IMing you after we haven't talked in such a long time.

Love to see that you started your PJ! I can't wait to see all your plans for your magical day. :goodvibes:

No, you didn't freak me out at all!! We were actually eating dinner, and I left the computer on the whole time!! I promise I will get to the plans soon, hopefully maybe even tonight!! :)

figmentfan814
07-28-2008, 09:19 PM
:dance3: I'm so excited that you started a PJ :cool1: :banana: :yay:

I think it's great that you're getting your dream wedding. I have a friend who got married where her husband was from in a small ceremony and then did a big wedding in MI on their 1st anniversary.

I love your ring set, is that in filigree style?

Flurbee
07-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, I am back...sorry I haven't posted anything on here in so long!!! I promise I will get to the wedding planning soon....part of the problem is that my dad borrowed my camera this week while he and my mom are on vacation, so I can't really post any new pics just yet.

I guess that I CAN tell you guys that we just recently got our date!!! June 22, 2009. This was very exciting to me, I felt like I waited so long just to get the date squared away, and now I have to wait until October to sign my contract!!! I am so dang excited, I just want to get things MOVING....you know?? Anyways, luckily we got the ceremony we wanted (10 AM) and the reception where we wanted (St. James room, BW). I didn't really care what ballroom it was in, just wanted the reception at the BW. It sounds like it will be nice, there is a patio off the ballroom and that is where the cocktail hour will be.

Oh, I just remembered that I DO have some pictures in photobucket from our "engagement picture photo shoot".

Here are a couple of my favorites:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/05910006.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk228/Flurbee/05480039.jpg

There are more, but I will post more later....

Ok, on to some other news.....I guess I will just blurt it out, cause I really want to get some people's opinions on this....I just found out that I am pregnant!!! This is very exciting news to us, although it is rather unexpected and a little sooner then we had planned. I am about 6 weeks along, which makes my due date around March 23. Here is the thing: I really feel in my heart that I still want to go through with the Disney wedding. Even though I know it will be a little harder with a 3 month old, I still think it is possible. I just feel like if we say we are going to wait, that we will never do it. We won't have the money, we won't have the same people committed, and I just don't see it happening down the road. And I dont' want to regret that I never did it when I had the chance. Does that sound really stupid??

Anyways, I just had to find out what some of you girls think about this situation....Let me know....Next time: wedding planning, I promise!!

Flurbee
07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
:dance3: I'm so excited that you started a PJ :cool1: :banana: :yay:

I think it's great that you're getting your dream wedding. I have a friend who got married where her husband was from in a small ceremony and then did a big wedding in MI on their 1st anniversary.

I love your ring set, is that in filigree style?

Thanks....I guess it was about time I got around to starting this...:rotfl: Not to sound dumb, but really have no idea if my ring is in filigree style...:lmao: All I know is that when we saw it we loved it..I remember the title of the ring was called Antique....We actually changed the center stone, it was set with a round diamond, but I wanted princess cut, so we had them change the prongs and picked out a different diamond....I really love it!!! :yay:

december14disney
07-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Just got caught up again and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Do what your heart says and have your wedding...I bet it will be even MORE special with the new baby because he/she will be a PART of it.

MariaLovesJon<3
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Congratulations on the new prince or princess! Having them there for your DFTW will make it all the more special and magical for you! :goodvibes

disneychickforever
07-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Aw! Congratulations Maure'! I'm so happy for you:flower3: That's just so awesome and such great news.
I kind of wish I was still moving to PA now, so I could help out with anything if you needed it:(. But I'm sure you'll still have loads of help.
Best of luck, and here is my wish for a healthy happy baby! :dance3: :cheer2: :grouphug: :hippie: :banana: :flower3:

PS. I forgot to mention, I think you should go on with the VR! You're right, it's a once in a life time thing. Don't worry about the inlaws! We all have your backs here on DIS

29apr00
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Congrats on teh baby!!

I think you should go on with the VR. It'll be like this will be the official start of your life as a family together!! What a perfect way to celebrate!! Go with what you want!

Can't wait to read more about it!

figmentfan814
07-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I agree you should definitely go on with the vow renewal because like you said if it doesn't happen now odds are you won't ever get around to it. Next year will be full of all kinds of celebrations for your family. Congratulations!

Sounds like our rings are the same filigree is just another term for the antique style from a certain period of time :goodvibes

Btw- I love the picture on the beach. Is that Lake Erie? I usually can spot one of the Great Lakes when I see them coming from MI. Of course, watch now that I said that I'm wrong!

AuroraBorealis
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Congratulations!!!!

You should totally go ahead with the VR! You've got your dates and dream locations and you'll have your new baby to celebrate, too. I can't imagine a more perfect time for a dream VR.

ClemsonGirl
08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi! I just got caught up on your PJ! Congrats on the big news! :goodvibes I agree, you should definitely go with the VR if you feel up to it! It will be even more special :)

DisneyBrideToni
08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh my goodness I just flew over here when you said you had news on my PJ.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BOTH REASONS!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

First I am so excited for you and your DF for your baby!!!!! and for your date!!!!

Wow how exciting for you! Now you have to have a baby PJ!

I am so super happy for you two!!! I can't wait to hear more news and follow along with your wedding planning and pregnancy! :banana:

Oh and by the way I love your pictures!!! You two are so cute! :cutie:

Flurbee
08-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Just got caught up again and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Do what your heart says and have your wedding...I bet it will be even MORE special with the new baby because he/she will be a PART of it.

Congratulations on the new prince or princess! Having them there for your DFTW will make it all the more special and magical for you! :goodvibes
Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement, I really appreciate it!! I agree, it will be MORE special with our new baby.

Aw! Congratulations Maure'! I'm so happy for you:flower3: That's just so awesome and such great news.
I kind of wish I was still moving to PA now, so I could help out with anything if you needed it:(. But I'm sure you'll still have loads of help.
Best of luck, and here is my wish for a healthy happy baby! :dance3: :cheer2: :grouphug: :hippie: :banana: :flower3:
PS. I forgot to mention, I think you should go on with the VR! You're right, it's a once in a life time thing. Don't worry about the inlaws! We all have your backs here on DIS
Thank you!! I feel the love!!!
Congrats on teh baby!!

I think you should go on with the VR. It'll be like this will be the official start of your life as a family together!! What a perfect way to celebrate!! Go with what you want!

Can't wait to read more about it!
Thanks again. I am glad everyone is so supportive on here!!
I agree you should definitely go on with the vow renewal because like you said if it doesn't happen now odds are you won't ever get around to it. Next year will be full of all kinds of celebrations for your family. Congratulations!

Sounds like our rings are the same filigree is just another term for the antique style from a certain period of time :goodvibes

Btw- I love the picture on the beach. Is that Lake Erie? I usually can spot one of the Great Lakes when I see them coming from MI. Of course, watch now that I said that I'm wrong!
No, you are absolutely right!! We live in Erie, Pa. and our pictures were taken on the peninsula.
Congratulations!!!!

You should totally go ahead with the VR! You've got your dates and dream locations and you'll have your new baby to celebrate, too. I can't imagine a more perfect time for a dream VR.

Hi! I just got caught up on your PJ! Congrats on the big news! :goodvibes I agree, you should definitely go with the VR if you feel up to it! It will be even more special :)
Thanks!!
Oh my goodness I just flew over here when you said you had news on my PJ.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BOTH REASONS!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

First I am so excited for you and your DF for your baby!!!!! and for your date!!!!

Wow how exciting for you! Now you have to have a baby PJ!

I am so super happy for you two!!! I can't wait to hear more news and follow along with your wedding planning and pregnancy! :banana:

Oh and by the way I love your pictures!!! You two are so cute! :cutie:

Thank you so much Toni!! I can't even keep up with this PJ, let alone a baby PJ!! :lmao:

disneychickforever
08-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Yay Maure's back :)

How are you feeling?

Flurbee
08-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Hello everyone. I know it has been like forever since I have been on here. I wasn't feeling well for awhile and we had a little scare, but everything is ok with baby and me!!! We have come to a hard decision though. Jake and I have decided to postpone the disney wedding for 2 years. This was, as I said, a hard decision to come to, but one that will be best for us in the long run. We are in no way cancelling the wedding, it will still go on, but it will be in June of 2011.

So, while this is disappointing that I have to wait longer now, there are some positive aspects. This gives my guests more time to save up money to go to Florida. It also gives us time to save up more money to do some extra things with the wedding, like a DP and having Mickey and Minnie at the reception!! Which is exciting!! Also our little boy or girl will be able to have a more active role in the wedding as the flower girl or ring bearer. Another plus is that 2 of my cousins just had babies and their babies will be older and more able to enjoy Disney World. So, in the end, while I HATE to wait, it will be a better decision all around. And we didn't make our deposit yet, so that is a good thing.

I will still continue on with the PJ, it will just be really long now!!:lmao: I am glad I will have more time to plan and get ideas from everyone on here. Let me know what everyone thinks about this.

Flurbee
08-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Yay Maure's back :)

How are you feeling?

I am feeling pretty good...I actually am out of town right now, but had to post my update since I haven't been on in so long. Let me know what you think.

DisneyBrideToni
08-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Aww I am sorry you had to postpone your wedding but at least it will still happen. I am sure the time will fly by and it will be really wonderful to have your son or daughter in it!!!!! I think that will be so much better for you all. I will follow along with you PJ no matter how long it takes.

:thumbsup2 Also, I really want to hear about your pregnancy!!!!!

disneychickforever
08-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I am feeling pretty good...I actually am out of town right now, but had to post my update since I haven't been on in so long. Let me know what you think.

I think that it'll work out great. It'll be awesome to have your little son or daughter in the wedding! Please keep us posted though with the wedding and the pregnancy! I definitely want to hear more :).

Goldeelox9
09-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Congratulations Maure'....I am happy for you!

Sorry you have to postpone, but it will be worth it!

figmentfan814
09-02-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry you have to postpone it, but in the long run at least you're still getting your DFTW :bride: Looking forward to hearing your plans as they come together. I know I only had a year and looking back, I wish that I would've had more time, so you're really lucky in that respect. Plus, it will be so exciting to get your own place :yay:

Mama of Indybride
11-02-2008, 01:15 AM
I followed you over here from Toni's PJ...

This next few months will fly by, and the next few months after that with your sweet little baby will fly by.

And you will have all of those sweet little ones at your wedding and in your wedding pics forever!

plus the advantage of moving of FIL prop! :goodvibes

I will subscribe and share your journey to VR with you!

Flurbee
04-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Hello all.....I am finally back and posting on my thread!!! I know it has been a really long time and I just want to first of all say how sorry I am to not have been on here in so long.

Unfortunately we did end up losing the baby at the end of September. It took me a really long time to come to terms with this and feel a little bit better and I just couldn't bring myself to type it out on here. But, I am definitely feeling alot better now, and have realized that everything is in God's plan and His timing. I also believe that our little one is in heaven and we will be reunited one day.

So, we are still going ahead with the plans for the wedding in June of 2011. I am still really excited!! I know I have been a real slacker at updating this PJ, but I plan to really get on track now. I just hope all of my loyal followers have not dropped off and given up on me....:lmao:

More to come!!!

figmentfan814
04-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm so sorry that you ended up losing the baby; I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you :hug:

I am looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans though as things continue to unfold :goodvibes

Flurbee
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm so sorry that you ended up losing the baby; I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you :hug:

I am looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans though as things continue to unfold :goodvibes

Yay!!! Someone posted on my thread!! I thought I had lost all of my followers...:lmao: Thank you for your kind words....it was really hard, but I have realized that things happen in Gods timing, so I have found some peace with that. :hug: I promise I am going to post my wedding plans, at least what I have so far, very soon....Sorry I have been such a slacker at this....Hopefully you are not the only one who follows my PJ....hahaha

DisneyBrideToni
04-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Again, I am so sorry you lost your baby but I am so glad you have decided to start planning again!!! I can't wait to hear everything!

polynesianbride
05-01-2009, 05:11 PM
YAY MAURE! So glad you're posting again! Again, so sorry about losing your baby... what a roller coaster this has been for you! I am glad you're back to planning your wedding- June 2011 will be here before you know it!

Flurbee
05-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Again, I am so sorry you lost your baby but I am so glad you have decided to start planning again!!! I can't wait to hear everything!

Thanks...:) I promise I am not going to slack off this time!!

YAY MAURE! So glad you're posting again! Again, so sorry about losing your baby... what a roller coaster this has been for you! I am glad you're back to planning your wedding- June 2011 will be here before you know it!

I know, I can't wait for it to get here!! Thanks for the kind words...I will be posting soon!

polynesianbride
08-08-2009, 03:32 AM
OK girl I know you've got some updates- spill it!

Flurbee
11-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Hello all!!! I finally decided to get my butt in gear and get going with the PJ! I am sorry I have been such a slacker with this, but it has been really hard since our computer got fried, and we haven't had the money to get a new one yet.

Well, I guess I will start with the news of the day! I am pregnant again! Yay!!! :cool1: We are very excited, and are still planning on going ahead with the wedding plans. This time will be different then before because the baby will be about a year old when we have the wedding and last time the baby would have only been a couple months old, so that is a big difference. I am due on July 1.

I do have my very first update. Back in October, DH and I went to Disney for his birthday. It was loads of fun!! While we were there I had arranged to meet with Heidi Pickert, who was our wedding consultant when we were going to have the wedding in 2009. We set up a time to meet, so one morning, we headed over to Franck's and talked to her about our wedding plans. The minute we walked in there was this HUGE wedding cake in front of us, I mean, it must have fed 700 people!! Heidi was very friendly and just asked us basic questions about what we were looking for and our budget, etc. I had wanted to look at some other venues for the reception, so we started out by looking at pictures on the big screen in her office of different locations. It was really cool, she just dragged the pics from her computer screen onto this other big screen on the wall with her mouse. I had never seen anything like that. The wonders of technology. :lmao:

The location we were going to use for the reception before was a ballroom at the Boardwalk. We looked at those pics again, and we just weren't feeling it. I had asked to look at The Attic, so we looked at pics of that. While I like the attic, I just didn't think it would work that well with my theme, plus you can't have a DJ if you use the attic. So, that was out. I had also wanted to look at the living seas salon in Epcot. We looked at those pics, and again, it just didn't match the feel I was going for. I like it alot, but my colors are pink and Chocalate brown and everything in there is dark wood and navy blue. Plus, Heidi told me that you can't use chair covers there, plus you cannot use an outside photographer inside Epcot. Since we really want to use Misty, that was out. For some reason, I decided to ask about the cost of using the Grand as opposed to a ballroom in a different resort. I had remembered that before it was going to cost $5000 more to use the Grand's ballroom as opposed to the Boardwalk's ballroom and that is why I had chosen that instead. Well, I was pleasantly surprised by the response. Disney has changed their pricing. Before, the Grand was the most expensive place to have your reception, they charged more per person to have it there then say, the boardwalk. Now, it's a flat rate for the reception, no matter what resort you have it at. It just depends on what time your reception is, so obviously a dinner reception is more per person then a brunch reception. Plus it depends on what menu you choose to use. But there is no difference in price between the different resorts. When Heidi told us that , we asked to look at pics of the Grand ballroom. That was it!!! I was immediately drawn to it, I loved the way it looked, and my colors would look good!!

After we got done looking at pics, we went for our site visits. First we went over to the Grand, but they were having a conference, so we just kind of got to peek in, but I got the general feel for the room and the coloring. We were able to look at the Whitehall room and patio, which is where we will be having our cocktail hour. We also walked over and looked at the wedding pavilion and bride's vestibule. Then we drove the back way into Epcot to look at locations for the dessert party!! That was so cool!!! We ended up parking behind France and going in this big gate, and there we were in France! So cool!!! We looked at Uk lower and France lower for the DP. We ended up picking UK lower since you can have a minimum of 25 people there, but to use France lower you have to have a minimum of 50.

Unfortunately, I did not take many pictures on this excursion, I just have a couple shots I took in the wedding pavilion which really aren't that great. Sorry...I don't know what I was thinking...:confused3

Well, that is my update. I still have to figure out how to get pics on here without my own computer. I think I might have to put my pics on a CD-Rom and then load them into photobucket that way and then onto here....if anyone has any other ideas, let me know.....Hope someone out there is reading this!!!

lpizzuro123
11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah - so glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about all you have been through in the past few months but that is so great hearing about your new little baby and all your new wedding planning.

Just wanted to give you a sneak peak of what your DP might look like from the UK Lower. This is where ours was last November and it was the perfect place.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/e2d43814.jpg

Linda

Flurbee
11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Linda,

Thanks for reading!!! It definitely looks like the UK lower is the perfect place-that picture is gorgeous!!! Were you able to have an outside photographer at your DP? If not, did someone else take that pic?

Flurbee
11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Can someone tell me how to change the title of my thread?? I have no idea how to do that?? :) Thanks...

lpizzuro123
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Misty was our photographer and that photo is hers. Our wedding was prior to you not being allowed to have outside photographers for in park events. Misty was great but I would not pass up the chance to have a DP just because you have to use a Disney Photographer. I know some brides are thinking about this. Yes the photos of the DP are important to us but having the DP was more important. If you event is outside the park - maybe have an outside photographer for that portion and then have a Disney photographer for the DP.

I cannot help you with changing your title but I am sure someone will be along soon to assist you.

Linda

Flurbee
11-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks Linda!! I guess that is probably what we will do...we really want to have Misty do our wedding, and then we will just use a Disney photographer for the DP.....or just have our friend who is a photographer who is in the wedding just take some shots with her camera.

honey2741
11-22-2009, 03:43 PM
You can edit your title by clicking on the button "edit." Then click on the "advanced" button and you can change your title there. It took me forever to figure this out awhile ago. :goodvibes

figmentfan814
11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm so excited to see that you're back. It was so great to meet you and Jake when you were up in Michigan :cool1:

How exciting that you were able to meet with your planner again. I agree with Linda, don't forego your DP just because of the photographer. The package Disney offers for the DP only seems pretty reasonable and you can't pass up fireworks shots on your wedding day!

polynesianbride
11-23-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm so glad you're posting again Maure! How exciting that you got to meet with your planner again and so cool that the ballroom at the Grand will work for you now! I love Misty's work so I'm excited you're going with her too! Congrats on everything!

lpizzuro123
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Just as an FYI - which I am sure you know - fireworks photos are really difficult to get. We had to stand perfectly still during most of IllumiNations for Misty to get her shots. Depending on the type of camera your friend has - I am not sure how the photos will turn out. You might want to go with the Disney photographer - since they shoot fireworks - hopefully they will know the best way to do it. Not saying anything against your friend - but sometimes when you use a friend - you might not be happy with the results.

Linda

Ann117
11-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I just found your PJ. I grew up in Erie I just recently moved closer to Pittsburgh. My parents still live in Erie. I can not wait to hear more about your plans. Congratulations on the Baby!

Flurbee
11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
You can edit your title by clicking on the button "edit." Then click on the "advanced" button and you can change your title there. It took me forever to figure this out awhile ago. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for this information!!! I haven been wondering this for awhile!! :)

I'm so excited to see that you're back. It was so great to meet you and Jake when you were up in Michigan :cool1:

How exciting that you were able to meet with your planner again. I agree with Linda, don't forego your DP just because of the photographer. The package Disney offers for the DP only seems pretty reasonable and you can't pass up fireworks shots on your wedding day!

I was just thinking about Frankenmuth the other day, it was so fun meeting you guys!! We will definitely have to do it again soon! I agree, we really need fireworks shots on our wedding day!!

I'm so glad you're posting again Maure! How exciting that you got to meet with your planner again and so cool that the ballroom at the Grand will work for you now! I love Misty's work so I'm excited you're going with her too! Congrats on everything!

Thanks Adelia!! We are excited about the Grand too!!

Just as an FYI - which I am sure you know - fireworks photos are really difficult to get. We had to stand perfectly still during most of IllumiNations for Misty to get her shots. Depending on the type of camera your friend has - I am not sure how the photos will turn out. You might want to go with the Disney photographer - since they shoot fireworks - hopefully they will know the best way to do it. Not saying anything against your friend - but sometimes when you use a friend - you might not be happy with the results.

Linda

I totally agree with you. I think we will end up going with the Disney photographer. I know she has a really fancy camera, but I am not sure how it would do with fireworks shots. Plus, since she is in the wedding, I don't want her to miss out on everything cause she is too busy taking our picture!!

I just found your PJ. I grew up in Erie I just recently moved closer to Pittsburgh. My parents still live in Erie. I can not wait to hear more about your plans. Congratulations on the Baby!

Ann-so glad you found my PJ!! That is so cool you grew up in Erie. I will definitely keep the plans coming!!

polynesianbride
04-29-2010, 01:11 AM
Hi Maure! Just checking in and wondering how plans are going? Hope all is well!:hug:

Flurbee
02-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Hello hello!!! I cannot believe it has been so dang long since I have posted anything on this pj!!! If I didn't lose any followers before, I am sure they are all gone now!!! :lmao: I am sorry I haven't been on here in so long....it had been so long, I had to read through the entire report to see what I had said!

Well, many things have happened since I last posted, the biggest being that I had TWINS!! :banana::yay: It was totally a surprise when we had the first sonogram and the girl told us there were 2 in there...:scared1: I actually thought that she was kidding, and when I realized she wasn't I almost flew off the table!! :rotfl2: So, anyways, we had a boy and a girl....Avery Jewel and Alexander Brooks were born on June 14 2010. Needless to say, I have been pretty busy since then!!!

I promise I will post pics of them soon, as soon as I remember (or someone reminds me how to do that!) :lmao:

About the wedding....I really need to change my ticker, cause that is way off! I am determined that come hell or high water we are going to do this DFTW one way or another!! We were still good to go with the same plans, except we were going to switch from June to December, cause DH likes Disney in December. Well, it was almost time to sign the contract, and my dad ends up telling me that he doesn't think he is going to be able to afford it, and doesn't want me to sign anything if he is not sure he will have the $ when the time comes....:sad2: I totally understand where he was coming from, but just kind of upset that AGAIN we are having to postpone this thing!

So, I started looking into Escape weddings, as a cheaper option then the wishes. I was thinking that I could make that work, but did not like the fact that they don't budge on the amount of people you can have. It's 18 and thats it!! I ended up having a phone consultation with Michelle and she basically told me that after I added on the reception, and all the other things I wanted, that it was going to come close to the cost of a wishes wedding with way more limitations!! Then, I started thinking about a DCL wedding....I had never thought I would want to do this before, so I automatically just forgot about it, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea....I had remembered reading Lisa's TR, and I am friends with her on FB so I sent her an email with some questions, and am thinking that this is really what we want to do!!

There are 3 times that we could do it, cause one of my best friends, who is in the wedding, is a teacher. So,she can do it the week between xmas and New Years, spring break or summer. We are looking at 2013 and I am really excited about going on the Disney Dream!! Just trying to figure out which of those times would be the cheapest to sail....I really think this will be better for us in the end. I really had wanted the big FTW, but now that we have the babies, I think a smaller ceremony with friends and family is all we need. It will technically be for our 5 year anniversary. It will be nice too, cause DD and DS can be the flower girl and ring bearer. Plus having dinner with friends and family every night on the cruise is like having 3 receptions!! So, this is where we are at now....It is getting late now, but I will try and remember how to post pics on here tomorrow!! Night all...hope somebody is still reading this!!!

Mindyjoy
02-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Woohoo, I love reading about DCL weddings! :goodvibes

Flurbee
02-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Yay!!! A follower!! :cool1::banana:

PixieDust1969
02-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi- I am an elementary school principal and understand you not wanting to have your friend who is a teacher need to take off. The times we are out of school are always peak times for Disney. I opted to get married on a 3 night cruise in November because it was less expensive for all of my guests and after hurricane season was over. I could do it with only taking off a Thursday and Friday. Just something to think about... We are going to wait and do our honeymoon over Spring Break.

Congrats on twins! I am sure you are always busy!! Do you want to get married on the ship or on Castaway Cay?

Flurbee
02-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi- I am an elementary school principal and understand you not wanting to have your friend who is a teacher need to take off. The times we are out of school are always peak times for Disney. I opted to get married on a 3 night cruise in November because it was less expensive for all of my guests and after hurricane season was over. I could do it with only taking off a Thursday and Friday. Just something to think about... We are going to wait and do our honeymoon over Spring Break.

Congrats on twins! I am sure you are always busy!! Do you want to get married on the ship or on Castaway Cay?

Yeah, that's the problem about those times!!! They are always more expensive cause all the kids are out of school. I will have to look into that more and see what she could actually get off...I seem to remember she only gets 2 personal days, so I don't know if she would want to use those for the wedding, and I don't want to assume that she would use them for me!! Although if it was a weekend, it might work....hmmm...something to think about....Thanks for the congrats!! :goodvibes I am pretty busy, although they are really good babies, and I am very blessed! :love: I would like to get married on Castaway Cay, I think it is so pretty....the only thing is I would also like to have a sand ceremony and I think that is more likely to happen if we were doing the VR on the ship....just from reading others PJs....

Flurbee
02-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Ok, so originally I had always wanted my wedding colors to be pink and chocolate brown...I just really like that color combo....Now, I am wondering if that will go with my new tropical island wedding.....I kind of feel that when you are getting married on a tropical island, you automatically have a tropical theme whether you want it or not....:goodvibes I know that the pink will go fine, but I am wondering whether I should switch the brown or what...I am not really thinking about for my flowers, cause I can just have mostly pinks for my bouquet. But do you think that I could still utilize pink and brown for other wedding projects and not have it look out of place? Like welcome bags, favors, etc.? What does everybody think? :confused3 Anyone, anyone??

I also talked to my dad yesterday, cause I really didn't want to start planning and doing all kinds of wedding related "stuff" if in the end he couldn't commit to the $ and we would have to postpone...AGAIN.....But, we had a long talk, and he has agreed to paying for the wedding part, and when the time comes, maybe a little more!!! :banana::banana::yay::yay::dance3:

So, now I can feel free to plan away!!! I have all kinds of ideas from other peoples PJ's running through my head and I really need to sit down and get them down on paper.....I would like to go over the the DISign boards and ask someone to design us some sort of logo for our wedding that we can make into stickers to go on the welcome bags, magnets, and I don't know what else....Maybe something with our names and our wedding date on it in our colors....?? Like on Mickey heads or something.....this is why I am not a DISigner!! :lmao: Also, just a random question: Does anyone know how to make a tshirt if you get a DISign?? How do you get the disign from the computer onto the tshirt? Probably a really dumb obvious question, but I have no clue.....Well, hope someone reads this and responds to my weird questions.....:)

Sccrmnky2005
02-14-2011, 11:43 AM
I think that Pink and brown will still fit in with your tropical wedding. As brown/tan is a netural color and can work with lots of things, Brown/Tan are the colors of shells, bamboo and many other things.

Here is a picture I took at a bridal show a few weekends ago, that I loved so much I took a picture! If I was doing a tropical wedding this would be my inspiration!!! :cloud9:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m578/mandysmagicalmemories/DSC_9932.jpg
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m578/mandysmagicalmemories/DSC_9933.jpg

I also think pink, brown and touches or green, so you can add lots of tropical leaves and such would be so pretty!

Also if you google searchpink and brown tropical wedding there's lots of fun ideas. Also love the pink brown and teal colors that are pictured on google!! Well... I might be biased as I'm having brown and teal:goodvibes

Mindyjoy
02-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I agree with Amanda, pink and brown are totally acceptable for a beach wedding! Remember the event should reflect you as a couple and regardless what the wedding mags and TV shows may tell you, there are NO RULES, and your day should be whatever you want it to be!!!! :thumbsup2

Flurbee
02-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys....I tend to agree with you!! Wow, those pics you took were neat, Amanda!!! Definitely had a tropical feel there....I will definitely do a google search and see what I can come up with.....

Flurbee
02-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Amanda,

I started reading your PJ and can't see any of your pics that you have posted?? :headache: Do I need to update my photobucket or something?

figmentfan814
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I am so excited to hear about your plans. I definitely understand needing to work around the school schedule. I am glad I teach at the college level because our breaks are a lot better and I can arrange my schedule (take certain semesters and/or days of the week off.) A cruise wedding will be so great! Are you wanting to do it on Castaway Cay or on the boat? I know I have seen some vow renewals on the ship itself, but of course Castaway Cay is so beautiful!

You are going to need to fill me in even more when we meet at Disney in a couple of weeks :yay:

Jilian
02-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Congrats on your babies! Twins, wow! I think it is great that you are getting the wedding you've always wanted. My H and I have a similar story and we're planning a 5 yr VR @ the swan/dolphin for next year. I say go with whatever colors you like best. My sister got married last year and did a beach wedding and she chose brown and blue (close to a tiffany blue) with some pinks and oranges worked in. It looked great.

Flurbee
02-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I am so excited to hear about your plans. I definitely understand needing to work around the school schedule. I am glad I teach at the college level because our breaks are a lot better and I can arrange my schedule (take certain semesters and/or days of the week off.) A cruise wedding will be so great! Are you wanting to do it on Castaway Cay or on the boat? I know I have seen some vow renewals on the ship itself, but of course Castaway Cay is so beautiful!

You are going to need to fill me in even more when we meet at Disney in a couple of weeks :yay:

Thanks Vanessa!!! Glad to see you over here, wasn't sure if you still got on the boards or not! Yeah, too bad my friend doesn't teach college level...she teaches 5th grade. Oh well, I will work around it, I really want her to be a part of our special day. Yeah, I am really excited about the cruise wedding!! I never even gave it a 2nd thought before, but now I feel it's the best thing for us...I want to do it on Castaway Cay....it is sooo pretty there!! :goodvibes

Congrats on your babies! Twins, wow! I think it is great that you are getting the wedding you've always wanted. My H and I have a similar story and we're planning a 5 yr VR @ the swan/dolphin for next year. I say go with whatever colors you like best. My sister got married last year and did a beach wedding and she chose brown and blue (close to a tiffany blue) with some pinks and oranges worked in. It looked great.

Thanks!! Yeah, thats what we said when we found out it was twins...:lmao: I am glad someone understands where I am coming from with this....alot of my DH's family have the attitude like this is stupid, you are already married, etc....but I feel, why shouldn't I get to have a wedding? I deserve a special day too dammit!! :lmao: I am going to keep my original brown and pink, I like those the best....I do like the brown and blue together, that is pretty too! Thanks for following along. :)

Flurbee
02-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Ok....can someone give me a quick reminder of how to post pics on here??? I haven't done it in sooo long and I haven't had time to get on here and play around with it....:confused3 Also, does anyone know about the tshirt question I asked in my previous post?

lea007
02-16-2011, 05:35 AM
Regarding the tshirt question. if you supply any tshirt printing company with a jpeg they will print them onto them for you. Just do what you want in something like photoshop supply them the file and they will print from that. Hope this helps.

lea007
02-16-2011, 05:44 AM
So, now I can feel free to plan away!!! I have all kinds of ideas from other peoples PJ's running through my head and I really need to sit down and get them down on paper.....I would like to go over the the DISign boards and ask someone to design us some sort of logo for our wedding that we can make into stickers to go on the welcome bags, magnets, and I don't know what else....Maybe something with our names and our wedding date on it in our colors....?? Like on Mickey heads or something.....this is why I am not a DISigner!! :lmao: Also, just a random question: Does anyone know how to make a tshirt if you get a DISign?? How do you get the disign from the computer onto the tshirt? Probably a really dumb obvious question, but I have no clue.....Well, hope someone reads this and responds to my weird questions.....:)[/QUOTE]

I can help you with any logo design etc as i am a graphic designer. I not be able to start it for at least a week due to just designing my own wedding stuff but will happily help. I've done a few designs for disbride on her. If you look on this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2523377&highlight=logos

it may give you some ideas as well on what you want. Just pm with details etc.

Flurbee
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I am back!! I know I haven't posted anything on here in awhile, but at least this time I have a good excuse!!! I was at Disney!!:donald:::MinnieMo:mickeyjum....Yay!!!! DH and I went for a little vacay away from the babies and we just got back Sunday....it was really hard to leave the babies and we missed them alot!!!:sad1: Our next official Disney trip will be for the wedding, and they will be with us!! I can't wait to take them there!!!:yay:

So, while we were at DW, we did get to meet up with a couple other disney brides...Figmentfan814 (Vanessa), and SpaceRangerQueen(Becky)...it was really fun! As soon as I load up the pics I will post some on here....I still need to play around and remind myself how to do that.....

Lea, I would totally be interested in having you disign some things for us!!! That would be awesome! I will be PMing you soon!

figmentfan814
03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
:goodvibes I can't wait to hear even more of the plans as they unfold. It was so much fun visiting with you and Jake during the trip. I uploaded a couple of pictures of us on Facebook. Photobucket is the site that I always use when I upload pics for the boards, that has always been pretty easy to use. Let me know if you need any help with your newsletters too :thumbsup2

Flurbee
03-16-2011, 10:55 PM
:goodvibes I can't wait to hear even more of the plans as they unfold. It was so much fun visiting with you and Jake during the trip. I uploaded a couple of pictures of us on Facebook. Photobucket is the site that I always use when I upload pics for the boards, that has always been pretty easy to use. Let me know if you need any help with your newsletters too :thumbsup2

Thanks Vanessa!!! I really need to get on with things for the wedding....We had so much fun too!! I saw our pics on FB!! :goodvibes I had used photobucket a long time ago when I first started my pj, so I hope I can still get on!! I will definitely be taking you up on the newsletter help, I read through your newsletters on our drive home, they are definitely going to be a big help!! Thanks again for bringing them.