PDA

View Full Version : My appologies....

BigDaddyRog
07-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I want to take a second and appologize for my recent run of negativity, and general all around bad mood that has obviously made its way to the board.

I usually do everything I can not to let real life get to me, but Ive been getting some hard, fast balls and striking out everytime Im up to bat lately. Ive attempted to keep my posting to a minimal knowing how angry I am at the world right now, but its made its way through despite that somehow.

Im sorry.....I really am. I'll do my best to be as nice and sunshiney as I was before (Of COARSE I was nice and SUNSHINEY!!!!), and if Ive offended anyone...I hope you can forgive it.

RvUsa
07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
You've been negative? I didn't even notice. I just thought you were like me and hated everybody equally all the time! Hey man, you have let me chew your ear off on many occasions, if you ever need to gnaw on someones, I am here if ya need it.

Gatordad
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I want to take a second and appologize for my recent run of negativity, and general all around bad mood that has obviously made its way to the board.

I usually do everything I can not to let real life get to me, but Ive been getting some hard, fast balls and striking out everytime Im up to bat lately. Ive attempted to keep my posting to a minimal knowing how angry I am at the world right now, but its made its way through despite that somehow.

Im sorry.....I really am. I'll do my best to be as nice and sunshiney as I was before (Of COARSE I was nice and SUNSHINEY!!!!), and if Ive offended anyone...I hope you can forgive it.

suck it up big boy and pass the rumple.

PolynesianPixie
07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I'd noticed you've been....not around as much, but I certainly haven't been offended by anything you've said! Panty comment and all! :laughing:

So what's up? Why the world haten'?

Hey, I'll take some of that Rumple....

disney4dan
07-24-2008, 11:47 AM
"some times your the Louisville slugger baby, some times your the ball"

Here's hoping the slow pitch game starts soon.

RvUsa
07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
DAN :worship::worship::rotfl2:

3gr8kids
07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey BDR - don't be hatin' - it's all good (or will be soon!)

One thing I always try to remember when life is being really su*ky, my mom always tells me - "eat your vegetables". No, wait, that's not it. "Shoveling the snow before it stops snowing is like cleaning your house while the kids are still growing". No, wait, that's not it either. Hmmmm, how 'bout "if He sends you to it, He'll get you through it"?

Pass the rumple this way :)

Eeyore'sthebest
07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Not sure what's going on but hope things get better soon!

And I'm jealous, I'm not allowed alcohol after my surgery. :mad: I should have had yours!
Pass my share of rumple to Rog.

jrandtysmom
07-24-2008, 12:18 PM
I didn't notice you were being negative - sometimes life does that to ya and you need an outlet, where better than here. ;) I was gonna use :goodvibes but I really don't like that one - what is it anyways?:confused3

ntsammy5
07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I didn't notice any negativity - I just figured you were busy - and were tied up with Gina being on the mend!

NO, not tied up WITH Gina, but tied up BECAUSE Gina was on the mend. You know what I mean.

Gatordad
07-24-2008, 12:22 PM
I didn't notice you were being negative - sometimes life does that to ya and you need an outlet, where better than here. ;) I was gonna use :goodvibes but I really don't like that one - what is it anyways?:confused3

a woman after my smiley hating heart!

jrandtysmom
07-24-2008, 12:29 PM
a woman after my smiley hating heart!

:confused3

Gatordad
07-24-2008, 12:32 PM
:goodvibes I detest

Just Beachy
07-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I didn't notice any negativity. :confused3 Only that you weren't on here as much as you had been. Just figured you were busy. Sorry to hear things are not so "magical" lately. I hope it gets better for you real soon. :flower3: Your humor is missed!!

Gatordad
07-24-2008, 12:40 PM
alright, this leaves me no choice but to get out the candle and the bottle rockets.....

ntsammy5
07-24-2008, 12:41 PM
:goodvibes :hug: :grouphug:

PolynesianPixie
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM

Shiny happy people

SCGal
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Shiny happy people

laughing

jrandtysmom
07-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Shiny happy people

:rotfl:

Gatordad
07-24-2008, 01:34 PM

do you need time alone with Rog?

VACAMPER
07-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Tie a knot and hang on. Life will get better.

DisneyBishops
07-24-2008, 03:04 PM
don't apologize, just join the 401 Keg Plan. Then you will be fine. Just start investing asap and you will feel much better

77ed
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
don't apologize, just join the 401 Keg Plan. Then you will be fine. Just start investing asap and you will feel much better

I second that. :drinking1

LONE-STAR
07-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Well I have been so offended by you Rog that you have taken my Disney joy away and now I don't even want to camp at FW. Oh wait that is the price of diesel:rotfl2: not you . Hope things start going your way and your DW's knee gets better.:hug:

BigDaddyRog
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys...like I said, Ive tried not to let it get onto the boards. But Think some of it may have come across anyway.

For those asking what the problem is, its mainly financial....Im just not used to this economy failure. I didnt think it would affect me because of thebusiness Im in...but that was idiotic of me...when the flow of the American dollar gets slow...I guess the first thing to cut back on is partying in places your wives and girlfriends dont want you to be in the first place!!! Im used to getting through the door at work and having to fight my way through a crowd to get to my booth...now I walk in and I can hear the creek of the door echo through the place we've been so dead lately. Scarry, but football seasons about to start, so that should brighten things up a bit.

Thanks again for accepting my appology, or at least not paying attention to my brooding!!!

LONE-STAR
07-24-2008, 04:56 PM
I heard on the radio that the adult entertainment places where tacking a hit do to the fact that a lot of truckers stop there and since all there extra cash is going in the tank. It aint going anywhere else.

Gatordad
07-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys...like I said, Ive tried not to let it get onto the boards. But Think some of it may have come across anyway.

For those asking what the problem is, its mainly financial....Im just not used to this economy failure. I didnt think it would affect me because of thebusiness Im in...but that was idiotic of me...when the flow of the American dollar gets slow...I guess the first thing to cut back on is partying in places your wives and girlfriends dont want you to be in the first place!!! Im used to getting through the door at work and having to fight my way through a crowd to get to my booth...now I walk in and I can hear the creek of the door echo through the place we've been so dead lately. Scarry, but football seasons about to start, so that should brighten things up a bit.

Thanks again for accepting my appology, or at least not paying attention to my brooding!!!

Cheer up my brother...... times will get better.

Escape Artist
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Hey, brood away. You're allowed to be human, too.

There's a lot of brooding about the economy going around these days, but I'm glad there's a light at the end of your tunnel.

Sue in Texas
...trying...to...resist...using a smiley, but I love this one :goodvibes and I mean it!

stacktester
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Rog, hopefully things will get better. It's tough on everyone.

Us3
07-24-2008, 05:46 PM
:hug: Hang in there my friend!

ntsammy5
07-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Rog, sorry to hear that. I think we're all in for a rude awakening. I hope it gets better for you soon.

clkelley
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Here's thinking about you and hoping things get better!!

ftwildernessguy
07-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Rog, if I was in the Big Easy right now, I'd head right in and do my part to fill the place. Just don't tell FWGirl. I'll deny everything. The economy is a roller coaster, Rog. It's got nowhere to go but up. Things will loosen up again.

Born 2 Fish
07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Okay Rog, since everyone claims they didn't notice any negativity from you, if it will make you feel any better, I'll chew your butt out for you ! :rotfl2:
Oh heck,,I reck'n I'll forgive you ,,as long as you have plenty of those "Hannah Montanna 3-D glasses" for all of us.

Dude,,you need to take a day an go fishing. My neighbor (farmer) is round 65-70, says he has seen this economy like this 3 times, bout every 20 years,,and I agree with him, no place to go but up. Hang in there buddy.:thumbsup2

BigDaddyRog
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Dude,,you need to take a day an go fishing. ...

Frank...ya know...I REALLY DO!!!!!!! I havent casted my line since Disney...I was thinkin today that I live around so many great little fishing spots, right here in my area and I RARELY ever go anymore...and its the PERFECT solution to my self-loathing blues right now...a 12 pack and couple of hours behind a reel would likely do me wonders.

Oh yeah...I did go once since disney, to Tickfaw but didnt get out till late afternoon and that just aint fishing. I might take my gear to work with me tonight and stop somewhee on the way home in the morning.

auntie
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
I haven't been around as much myself...Siatica, and sitting for any length of time aggravates it, so I've not spent too much time at the computer lately.
However, I hadn't noticed you being negative Rog. You're pleasant and light hearted. :wizard: (and I don't care who hates that smiley...I LIKE IT!) Think of it as the economy fairy! Hey..it's a Disney board, you can have these things. :sad2: You've often lifted the spirits of many on the board. As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to apologize for..and keep in mind, we don't mind returning the favor. This economy is hitting everyone pretty hard. We're worried, we don't remember seeing things this bad before. So...although I don't have any words of wisdom for ya...you've sure got alot of company if that helps any.:hug:

AuburnJen92
07-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Hang in there Rog...we're there for ya! You definitely have had some stuff to be aggravated at...

Let's hope we all get out of this pickle soon.

OK GRUMPY
07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Rog you know how to make us laugh! the Economy really SUCKS! And this stuff I get to listen to all day about how its not going to change until middle of 2009. How the barrel of oil can go down and not gas. But give it 24hrs after the barrel goes up and gas is up at the pump. I hope it all turns around SOON! Hang in there Rog go fishing! Sounds Good! :wizard:

2goofycampers
07-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Sorry for your blues, we are all feeling this bad economy in some way so we know how you feel. We need to invest in a gas station [that's where all our $ is going]. And a liquor store [ that's where you go to forget about where all your $ is going]. :grouphug:

kc5grw
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Hang in there Rog. Sorry to here things are so slow for you. Hopefully things will pick up for you soon.

seabee
07-24-2008, 09:58 PM
"Shoveling the snow before it stops snowing is like cleaning your house while the kids are still growing".

Pass the rumple this way :)

:rotfl: I love that saying, I'm going to use that. And it is so true!

BDR-You'll make it through. I always say you don't get handed more then you can handle. Sometimes I think my cup is overflowing, but something always comes around to wipe it up. I hope that life becomes a Bounty papertowel for you soon.

Please forgive my awful metaphors-we are at a campground, it is POURING, and I just finished getting us set up. Hang in there Rog, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

bradisgoofy
07-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Rog, there isn't anybody here, who reads your posts on a regular basis, that's going to be offended. WE know you, and understand, you are who you are, and we wouldn't want it any other way. :thumbsup2

TheFlame
07-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Rog, there isn't anybody here, who reads your posts on a regular basis, that's going to be offended. WE know you, and understand, you are who you are, and we wouldn't want it any other way. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

:hug:

momoffive
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
AH don't feel bad. I'm not one of the "regulars" but I visit almost every day for my daily dose of anti-depressants. With the jokes, light hearted banter and everybody's camaraderie...who needs the real things? I too hope things turn around.
Loretta:goodvibes

disney4dan
07-25-2008, 05:21 AM
Well Rog, I'm hoping the economy picks up for you soon, just remember to count the blessings you have. You've got a fantastic family around you and a huge country to go chase your dreams in. As bad as we think it is, there are many out there risking life and limb to get into this country still.

Some of us older folks will remember the late 1970s and the double digit inflation. Check out the Jimmy Carter "Malaise speech" sometime. 18% interest rates on normal mortgages? 14 to 18% interest on car loans? Anyone else remember this? I don't like $4 a gallon either, but I remember how much it hurt to fill up at $1 a gallon when wages were a lot lower. I also remember wondering what kind of job was going to be available when I started my family.

I hope things start looking brighter for ya Rog, and I hope the fish keep biting and the beer stays cold.:thumbsup2

terri01p
07-25-2008, 05:39 AM
:hug:

des1954
07-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Rog.... You're okay in my books - bad mood, good mood, any mood!! You're okay!!:thumbsup2

We all go thru crap & it's gotta spill over sometime. Just ask me!! If ya need a person to vent at... bring it on!! I'll exchange sarcasm with ya any day & will never get offended!! That's what friends do for each other... and I consider you my friend!:lovestruc

des1954
07-25-2008, 06:52 AM

Big Gay Al's Camp!!! (South Park)

des1954
07-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Let's hope we all get out of this pickle soon.

Pickle??? Did someone say PICKLE???

http://poopylickles.com/images/picklecp.gif

3gr8kids
07-25-2008, 07:36 AM
I believe that pickle took dancing lessons from my DH :rotfl:

ntsammy5
07-25-2008, 07:44 AM

ROAR!

HappyCamper87
07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Don't get to be here as much as I would like but BDR...

You're ACES in my book! :cool1:

Sure hope you're feeling better soon...

Hey where's the Rumple?

BigDaddyRog
07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
LOLOLOLOL....whew...man, I needed THAT!!!:lmao:

Thanks to all you guys....its nice to know ya understand. And now that I think about it....most of you guys' lives are almost as screwed up as mine right now..........and ya know misery loves company!!! Ya'll are THE PERFECT bunch to be falling through the cracks with:thumbsup2

Gatordad
07-25-2008, 12:45 PM
can we close this please. There's obviously nothing wrong with Rog. He just lost the magic.......

LONE-STAR
07-25-2008, 12:55 PM
can we close this please. There's obviously nothing wrong with Rog. He just lost the magic.......

:rotfl2:

BigDaddyRog
07-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Hah...I havent lost the magic....its just covered in crap right now!!!

I agree...lock her up, and again..thanks kids!!

Pirate-Jeff
07-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Rog I am giving you -15 points for the appologie you didn't need to make.

Cheer up and go fishin

you could have had my week Jury Duty.

Lets see they pay you $20.00 per day, Parking is $10.00 per day lunch is $15.00 average at the court house for the worst food on the planet sodas are $3.00 coffee is 3.65 for a cup the size of a bathroom dixie cup. the stomach cramps and gas pressure from the mistery lunch is unbeleavable. You can't bring in any food, not enough time to go out and get lunch and after you sat there all day everyday all week they didn't pick anybody for a Jury. If they did by Friday we would have hung the poor guy for J walking. What a waste of time. oh yea there were about 200 of us there and they told us we could have internet/computer access but I couldn't bring my PC I had to use thiers than they only had 4 PCs that were working. I am so hot about it now I'am starting to make up new 4 letter words. I got a go cool off before I brake something. maybe I'll go to the camper and go fishing alone <'(((><

PS: they will send us the checks in about 6 months and they are taking out-Get this TAXES

AuburnJen92
07-25-2008, 09:35 PM

He can have some of my percaset!:cool2:

clkelley
07-26-2008, 07:15 AM

Good stuff inn't it :-) I promise I'm only taking 1 a day now though.

BigDaddyRog
07-26-2008, 09:43 AM
I have a bottle full of percs......Gina doesnt take hers. And I ALWAYS FINISH what I start...so I figured its best for me NOT TO START takin em!!!!

AuburnJen92
07-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a bottle full of percs......Gina doesnt take hers. And I ALWAYS FINISH what I start...so I figured its best for me NOT TO START takin em!!!!

:goodvibes

RNmomnFL
07-26-2008, 06:53 PM

Before this thread goes poof I wanted to tell you that I didn't get any negative vibes from your posts that things weren't peachy. So, you must have been hiding it pretty well. I, for one, am glad that you reached out for support and can empathetically (is that a word LOL) offer it, as we're in the same boat. (Here's to hoping it's not the Titanic LOL). Not to hijack your post, but our family has been tightening our belts to no avail...we're at the point financially that I am interviewing next week for a second part-time nursing job and will be sending the youngest to daycare/preschool as a consequence. We didn't want to do that but we need the money. I'm grateful that I have this opportunity for even healthcare isn't insulated from the slowdown...less people retiring, changing jobs equals less open positions. That being said, I'm with you on looking forward to the start of the 2008 football season...cue Hank: Are you ready for some football?

ftwildernessguy
07-27-2008, 05:55 PM

Percocet.

I hate that stuff - it makes me puke.

tinah159
07-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Percocet.

Me too! I like Morphine

BigDaddyRog
07-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Me too! I like Morphine

:scared:

I do just fine with Rumple!!!

AuburnJen92
07-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Percocet.

Hey, I take what they give me!

Gatordad
07-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

BigDaddyRog
07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Rumple...fresh breath with a kick.

Colson39
07-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Hope stuff takes a turn for the better Rog, it's definitely tough out there. Glad to see you "back"! :)

djblu883
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:flower3: :hug: :hippie:

BigDaddyRog
07-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Awww...thanks Blu!!

TheFlame
07-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Hey Rog!

Whatever did you do to think anyone was mad or upset with you and why aren't you in the bed?

Flame

BigDaddyRog
07-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Well...EVERYTHING I do has the potential to piss SOMEONE off, or some religion, or politician, race, creed or color, or board moderator!!! I have a pretty abbrasive personality, if ya havent noticed.

I work nights....on my nights off like this.....Im sitting here in my house wide awake at 2:30 am, everyone else is snoring. So, here I sit...alone and bored stiff....so I look up goofy crap on the internet like keyword "brains" on you tube...just to see what pops up!!! or keyword "puke" on photobucket...its a great way to waste time. I think Im gonna go type in "burning hair" on google and see what I get!!!

bradisgoofy
07-29-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm with ya brother. 3rd shifter unite!

BigDaddyRog
07-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Results of "Burning Hair" on google...

This is typical of what I expected to find:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/7e796f07.jpg

This is really cool looking, but, typical none the less:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/e63b5a6f.jpg

The next photo, well.....I just wasnt expecting this! Ya just NEVER know what may pop up:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/b798fd2f.jpg
Im pretty sure this is not the proper procedure for frying bacon!!!! The internet is sooo cool!

Mornin Brad!!!!

Boomer1
07-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your business concerns BDR. I can sympathize with you. In 2005 we closed our business and let me tell you the last two years before we closed were horrible. I hope things pick up for you. But let me tell you after we closed I wondered why we hadn't done it earlier. We have managed quite well since then, some belt tightening but all extra stuff that really didn't matter anyway. I have returned to school to retrain as a nurse and this summer am working at the local hospital.( working a 12 hour night shift tonight:surfweb: ) Lots of nursing jobs here RNmom, hospitals are already trying to lure student nurses two years before we graduate. All the best to you BDR, keep posting, you always give me a laugh.:cool1:

ftwildernessguy
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your business concerns BDR. I can sympathize with you. In 2005 we closed our business and let me tell you the last two years before we closed were horrible. I hope things pick up for you. But let me tell you after we closed I wondered why we hadn't done it earlier. We have managed quite well since then, some belt tightening but all extra stuff that really didn't matter anyway. I have returned to school to retrain as a nurse and this summer am working at the local hospital.( working a 12 hour night shift tonight:surfweb: ) Lots of nursing jobs here RNmom, hospitals are already trying to lure student nurses two years before we graduate. All the best to you BDR, keep posting, you always give me a laugh.:cool1:

Congratulations at being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel, and turning a bad situation around into something positive for you. RN careers are still strong, and there are many opportunities both clinically and administratively for nurses.

RvUsa
07-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Jim, WHAT DO YOU DO? It has been asked before, but you avoid the question, I think you are in health care in some form.... LOL

You are an enigma my friend! LOL

PS whats on the **** tube today?

Ooops, can't say ****, so I will substitute Tv!

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Jim sells rare flowers, like the egyptian tulip.

You can't say **** on the board or **** or ***** or ** or ******** ****** *****

ftwildernessguy
07-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Jim, WHAT DO YOU DO? It has been asked before, but you avoid the question, I think you are in health care in some form.... LOL

You are an enigma my friend! LOL

PS whats on the **** tube today?

Ooops, can't say ****, so I will substitute Tv!

Right now I am sitting behind a very messy desk writing on the computer.

I haven't watched much TV lately - the weather has been too good. I did watch a good movie on DVD last weekend that would do well for an online play by play - Semi Pro with Will Ferrel. That guy is hilarious.

RvUsa
07-29-2008, 09:20 AM
He's an enigma I tell ya, an ENIGMA!!

2goofycampers
07-29-2008, 09:38 AM

He doesn't want us asking for FREE advice. Remember we are a parsimonious bunch. :rotfl2:

BigDaddyRog
07-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Dangit Denise.....you reminded me that Ive been forgetting to use that word everyday!!!!

Its obvious that Jim is a CEO of a very serious, stuffed shirt corporation....that has nothing to do with being a military trained medical doctor who rivals Hawkeye in every sense in the matter of cornball humor and posessing an all around lighthearted and good attitude. Hawkeye had his distillery, FWGuy has his Kungalooshery.

AuburnJen92
07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious

2goofycampers
07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious, parsimonious

translated:

cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.

Jen sounds like a bird.:rotfl:

tungpo1
07-29-2008, 04:01 PM

No worries Rog if someone really gets offended by having fun on this forum they should dig a hole and stay there. I have something for the cry babies

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Various%20stuff/waaambulance1.jpg

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Ron,

You are alright in my book. It's a small book

BigDaddyRog
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
but it has very colorful pictures!

RvUsa
07-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Lots and lots of pictures, no words just pictures :lmao::rotfl2:

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 04:41 PM
little words.

see the fort, see the cart see ron ride the cart at the fort

AuburnJen92
07-29-2008, 04:51 PM
translated:

cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap.

Jen sounds like a bird.:rotfl:

I just didn't want him to forget again.:lmao:

g8trmom1
07-29-2008, 05:27 PM
So do we we feel we are in a recession, or as my mom says, a depression?

Or are we just whining for nothing since prices are supposed to go up?

All I know is I pay 4.20 cents for a gallon of milk, and that's nuts.

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 05:30 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Various%20stuff/waaambulance1.jpg

that's milk, not nuts.... and i'm using the waambulance in every post.

Rhonda
07-29-2008, 05:45 PM

I know. I paid $2.49 for a 1/2 gallon of skim milk at Target yesterday. That would be $5.00 a gallon!! That's ridiculous.

I guess we should all just read this book:
http://www.kevininscoe.com/pub/stop_whining_and_get_a_life.jpg

Shannone1
07-29-2008, 05:46 PM

I know...isn't it crazy !! I've also seen sliced cheese for $4-$5 for a package with less than 10 slices. I didn't really pay much attention to grocery prices before...if I needed it, I bought it. But now that we are tightening the belt straps a little...everything is so darn expensive !! I was going to get some fresh cherries last week and they were $6 a pound :scared1:

g8trmom1
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I know...isn't it crazy !! I've also seen sliced cheese for $4-$5 for a package with less than 10 slices. I didn't really pay much attention to grocery prices before...if I needed it, I bought it. But now that we are tightening the belt straps a little...everything is so darn expensive !! I was going to get some fresh cherries last week and they were $6 a pound :scared1:

I never paid much attention either to prices until last November and I started clipping coupons and watching sales, I never realized how you could save by using them during a sale. But now I notice the coupons are starting to die down in the sunday paper or are for the same items week after week.

Rhonda
07-29-2008, 05:58 PM
But now I notice the coupons are starting to die down in the sunday paper or are for the same items week after week.

I've noticed the same thing. I told DH to save the coupons for me from last Sunday, and there were only a couple of puny pages. Nothing even worth keeping. :(

Us3
07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I've noticed a hugh increase in the grocery bill too. Even my quick run to the store for milk, oj, apple juice, coke zero, bread and a few small items...the bill is close to $100!! :eek:

I know, I know...i hear the waaaambulance coming now!:upsidedow

Colson39
07-29-2008, 06:09 PM
When is the price of beer going to come down?? That's one product I can buy that will make me forget about the prices of all the other products...lol.

AuburnJen92
07-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I never paid much attention either to prices until last November and I started clipping coupons and watching sales, I never realized how you could save by using them during a sale. But now I notice the coupons are starting to die down in the sunday paper or are for the same items week after week.

ok, so I am not the only one noticing that...i thought it was the drugs...:eek:

loveDmouse
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I've noticed the same thing. I told DH to save the coupons for me from last Sunday, and there were only a couple of puny pages. Nothing even worth keeping. :(

I hardly ever find anything in the coupons. :sad2:

Everything is so high. We have to eat so they got us. A gallon of milk is $4 here. There is no sense in that. I think I need to get my own cow. Then I can get my milk and maybe the cow will help cut the grass. Although that would be a lot of poop to scoop.

RvUsa
07-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I have said this before, but I will repeat it, next time you buy a gallon of milk, think of the poor dairy farmer that brought you that milk. My neighbor is one, and I talk to others, ( I live in the boonies you know) the price that they are paid for milk has GONE DOWN numerous times in the last year or so. The companies that transport and package the milk have told them that their prices have gone up, and that they will pay less for the milk. Add to that the price of fuel, and feed that the farmers are paying has gone up dramatically!

When the farmers pack up and go out of business, because of the fuel prices etc, what are you gonna eat? Think about it.

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
I've noticed a hugh increase in the grocery bill too. Even my quick run to the store for milk, oj, apple juice, coke zero, bread and a few small items...the bill is close to $100!! :eek:

I know, I know...i hear the waaaambulance coming now!:upsidedow

because you asked for it, lol.

Colson39
07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
We'll call in the calvary ;)

http://charitygovernance.blogs.com/charity_governance/images/farm_aid_board_11_2.jpg

RNmomnFL
07-29-2008, 07:45 PM
OMG. Does Willie Nelson ever change? Had the pleasure of seeing him in concert 21 years ago at the OH State Fair. He looks the same in that pict. as he did back then. I was just a teen and now at 40 am wishing I could age as gracefully.

Colson39
07-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Yea seriously, he must be smoking something crazy ;)

Always loved Willie Nelson, a true to heart country kind of guy.

homebrew2
07-29-2008, 08:53 PM
OMG. Does Willie Nelson ever change? Had the pleasure of seeing him in concert 21 years ago at the OH State Fair. He looks the same in that pict. as he did back then. I was just a teen and now at 40 am wishing I could age as gracefully.

That's what clean livin will do for ya.:lmao: ;)

Millermouseketeers
07-29-2008, 09:00 PM

Good news, $3.00 a gallon for 2% at Wal-Mart today! Can we freeze it!

terri01p
07-29-2008, 09:51 PM
I paid 6.00 for not even a half gallon of ice cream, it was so small but yet I still bought it...boy I was one desperate fat chick. :scared:

Born 2 Fish
07-30-2008, 05:22 AM
Good news, $3.00 a gallon for 2% at Wal-Mart today! Can we freeze it!

Yes you can freeze it. When I was a kid, there was NOTHING that my mother didn't freeze ! She'd stock up on everything at sale price n freeze it,,,including milk.

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Does it taste the same after it is froze, or does it taste like melted ice cream...... LOL

ftwildernessguy
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Ol' Willie looked like crap 20 years ago, so I guess he still looks like crap?

ftwildernessguy
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I have said this before, but I will repeat it, next time you buy a gallon of milk, think of the poor dairy farmer that brought you that milk. My neighbor is one, and I talk to others, ( I live in the boonies you know) the price that they are paid for milk has GONE DOWN numerous times in the last year or so. The companies that transport and package the milk have told them that their prices have gone up, and that they will pay less for the milk. Add to that the price of fuel, and feed that the farmers are paying has gone up dramatically!

When the farmers pack up and go out of business, because of the fuel prices etc, what are you gonna eat? Think about it.

Don't let em fool ya, John. I have a bunch of relatives that are dairy farmers and they have more money than they let on.

stky6
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM
When the farmers pack up and go out of business, because of the fuel prices etc, what are you gonna eat?

Feeds a family of four for two days :thumbsup2
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m360/stky6/8poundnumber1.jpg

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Good point, but are you going to be able to afford the gas to take the boat out?? :lmao::lmao:

stky6
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Good point, but are you going to be able to afford the gas to take the boat out?? :lmao::lmao:

The kids can row :lmao:

RvUsa
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

BigDaddyRog
07-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Attaboy!!!!!

Gatordad
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
No way. that fish is giving me the Malocchio

Born 2 Fish
07-31-2008, 05:17 AM
Feeds a family of four for two days :thumbsup2
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m360/stky6/8poundnumber1.jpg

The kids can row :lmao:

I love this guy ! He's got it all figured out!
Food,,fun,,entertainment,,exercise,,fuel effcient,,I tell ya he's got it all !

PrincessNana
07-31-2008, 05:42 AM
I saw Willie at a Back Roads concert about 2 years ago and he still looks the same!

2goofycampers
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
I saw Willie at a Back Roads concert about 2 years ago and he still looks the same!

Pickled & smoked.

Born 2 Fish
08-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Smothered, scattered, mangled, dangled, strangled, and spaghettied.

I let it fly in the breeze,gets caught in the trees,
a home for the fleas in my hair.
A home for the fleas, a hive for the buzz'n bee's....

Ain't real sure bout them lyrics,,it's been a long time ago.

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 03:42 PM
There aint no word
that cant be heard
for the beauty and the splendor and the wonder of my HAIR
HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR...

Growing, flowing....
Loooong as I can grow my hair

Wow....I havent heard that since I was like 10...and I think I still know every word!!!

Born 2 Fish
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
That was one of the biggest hits that came out that year,,and the only hit the Cowsills (think thats how to spell it?) ever had. They were like the answer to the Osmonds. ( thats why they never made it:rotfl2: )

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 04:11 PM
My brother, 8 yrs older than me....had a great .45 collection, that was one of my favorites in it. That and...

I dont like spiders and snakes
But that aint what it takes
to love me
Like I wanna be loved by you

which might possibly have been one of the stupidest songs ever written, but it was bouncy.

Of coarse "Convoy" and "The Streak" were right up there too.

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Pickled & smoked.

You nailed it!!

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 04:39 PM
That was one of the biggest hits that came out that year,,and the only hit the Cowsills (think thats how to spell it?) ever had. They were like the answer to the Osmonds. ( thats why they never made it:rotfl2: )

Didn't they have another song---Indian Reservation??? or something like that. I hate to date myself, but I'll probably have to pull out my old records and check out all their songs now.

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 04:50 PM
My brother, 8 yrs older than me....had a great .45 collection, that was one of my favorites in it. That and...

to love me

which might possibly have been one of the stupidest songs ever written, but it was bouncy.

I"m trying to remember that song. Was that By Melanie---the song about roller skates?? And of course, Convoy and The Streak were BIG Hits back then which inspired all kind of foolishness. As a matter of fact, The Streak had a big impact on my high school graduation.

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Brand New Key?

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Brand New Key?

That's it! Is it the same song? I'm not good on the lyrics.

Gatordad
08-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Didn't they have another song---Indian Reservation??? or something like that. I hate to date myself, but I'll probably have to pull out my old records and check out all their songs now.

Wasn't that Paul Revere and the Raiders?

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 05:16 PM
That's it! Is it the same song? I'm not good on the lyrics.

Oh....I understand now...man Im slow.
NO...not the same song...Jim stafford did Spiders and Snakes.
Heres a video:
Spiders and Snakes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUIycfWjW-k)

Here's Melonie's Brand New Key:
Brand New Key (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFknAdVvNM)

Born 2 Fish
08-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Brand New Key?

I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key....

Yes , I believe it was Paul R.,,not positive tho.

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 05:25 PM

Absolutely not!!! I know all their songs (I Think) and I just saw them in Branson.( That's where old music groups go to give their kids jobs) I still have the Twinkie Paul Revere (the original band member--not from "one if by land....hope I have my history right) threw into the audience.

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Oh....I understand now...man Im slow.
NO...not the same song...Jim stafford did Spiders and Snakes.
Heres a video:
Spiders and Snakes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUIycfWjW-k)

Here's Melonie's Brand New Key:
Brand New Key (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFknAdVvNM)

My DH finally returned my call and he thinks it was Jim Stafford also. I guess I shouldn't have skipped his show when we were in Branson.

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry PNan...........

Indian Reservation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMQbedCZj0&feature=related)

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry PNan...........

Indian Reservation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMQbedCZj0&feature=related)

I would have responded sooner, but I was enjoying the video. They were all still so young. I can't believe I got them confused with the Cowsills! I jjust saw them perform that song in Branson. My only excuse is its been a bad summer. (Can you believe how young Jim Stafford was in that video? I think I remember that from The jim stafford show)

BigDaddyRog
08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Ya really wanna weaken some brain cells? YouTube "Run Joey Run", "Billy Dont Be a Hero" "The Night Chicago Died" and "Seasons In The Sun"...you might be able to find links to all of them on the same page!!!! Man...as much great music came out of the 70s...they had some real crap too, didnt they.....whats sad is I know the words to all those songs...if only I could delete all that from my memory and use the empty space for evil world domination!!

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Ya really wanna weaken some brain cells? YouTube "Run Joey Run", "Billy Dont Be a Hero" "The Night Chicago Died" and Seasons In The Son"...you might be able to find links to all of them on the same page!!!! Man...as much great music came out of the 70s...they had some real crap too, didnt they.....whats sad is I know the words to all those songs...if only I could delete all that from my memory and use the empty space for evil world domination!!

Its not all bad knowing all the words. My kids had to listen to me sing all those songs up until they went to college. Guess what they picked for their fine arts course in college-----History of Rock & roll. They both aced it!!!

des1954
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Ya really wanna weaken some brain cells? YouTube "Run Joey Run", "Billy Dont Be a Hero" "The Night Chicago Died" and "Seasons In The Sun"...you might be able to find links to all of them on the same page!!!! Man...as much great music came out of the 70s...they had some real crap too, didnt they.....whats sad is I know the words to all those songs...if only I could delete all that from my memory and use the empty space for evil world domination!!

How about the worst song of all...

"Yummy, yummy, yummy, I got love in my tummy."

How about the best song of all....

"Why don't we do it in the road?" (Beatles White Album)

....No one will be watchin' us--- why don't we do it in the road?

Born 2 Fish
08-01-2008, 06:57 PM
A little further back;

"One Eyed Purple People Eater"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Of course you know that Alvin and the Chipmunks are making a comeback!

Born 2 Fish
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
How bout the band "1910 Fruit Gum Co." ,,,,
song..."2525"
" In the year 2525 if man is still alive,if woman can survive" etc.

PrincessNana
08-01-2008, 07:06 PM
How bout the band "1910 Fruit Gum Co." ,,,,
song..."2525"

Zager and Zager---wow, I'm really too old with not enough to do!

des1954
08-02-2008, 05:15 AM

This was the #1 song August 2, 1969.

For other top hits...

http://www.joshhosler.biz/numberOneInHistory/08/0802.htm

2goofycampers
08-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Wasn't there a song "Chewy".

g8trmom1
08-02-2008, 11:49 AM

Sounds like the music on Pete's IPOD..the kids know and enjoy so many of these songs... How 'bout "Magic" by Pilot:

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so
It's magic, you know
Never believe, it's not so

Never been awake
Never seen a day break
Leaning on my pillow in the morning
Lazy day in bed
Music in my head
Crazy music playing in the morning light

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
It's magic, you know

I love my sunny day
Dream of far away
Dreaming on my pillow in the morning
Never been awake
Never seen a day break
Leaning on my pillow in the morning light

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
It's magic, you know

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
It's magic, you know

reminds me of when I was a carefree 8 year old!!!:goodvibes

BigDaddyRog
08-03-2008, 08:30 AM
reminds me of when I was a carefree 8 year old!!!:goodvibes

I distinctly remember singing

Muskrat Suzy, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug in muskrat land
In the evening
Its pretty pleasing

and

Im on the
Top Of The World
Looking
Down on creation
and the only explanation I can find

and, what may be the most painful memory of my morning bus rides to school in 1st grade

Up...Up and waaaay
in my beautiful
my beautiful balloooooon

For the love of ABBA......these memories are embarrassing!!!:scared:

lisa8200
08-03-2008, 08:41 AM

Absolutely not!!! I know all their songs (I Think) and I just saw them in Branson.( That's where old music groups go to give their kids jobs) I still have the Twinkie Paul Revere (the original band member--not from "one if by land....hope I have my history right) threw into the audience.

If this had been music trivia and only the lyrics given, I would have gotten this one wrong. While I know that Paul Revere and the Raiders did it, my first exposure was a Hardcore Punk band called Il Repute and the name was Cherokee Nation.
You always remember your first, even if the second was doing it before them.:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

lisa8200
08-03-2008, 08:46 AM

to love me

Stupid ???? Maybe but, he did also did Wildwood Flower ( or weed ).. OK, maybe that doesn't help the case but, it seemed to touch so many.:smokin:

g8trmom1
08-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I distinctly remember singing

Muskrat Suzy, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug in muskrat land
In the evening
Its pretty pleasing

and

Im on the
Top Of The World
Looking
Down on creation
and the only explanation I can find

and, what may be the most painful memory of my morning bus rides to school in 1st grade

Up...Up and waaaay
in my beautiful
my beautiful balloooooon

For the love of ABBA......these memories are embarrassing!!!:scared:

I loved the Capt and Tennille!!
What about

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
And the thought of lovin' you is getting so exciting
Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

and of course my all time favorite, Shawn Cassidy!!

AuburnJen92
08-03-2008, 12:12 PM
y'all are making me wanna go turn the jukebox on...

Gatordad
08-03-2008, 12:33 PM
You have a jukebox?

AuburnJen92
08-03-2008, 01:03 PM
1974 Seeburg STD160

des1954
08-03-2008, 02:47 PM
1974 Seeburg STD160

Okay...I'm officially jealous!!! Has it been converted to CD's - or still original vinyl?

I grew up behind the Wurlitzer Juke Box plant in North Tonawanda, NY. The lobby had 10 or 12 different working juke boxes on display & one guard in particular would let us kids come in & have our own private dance party!! Ahhh....those were fun, care-free days!

des1954
08-03-2008, 02:56 PM

to love me

"My Ding-a-Ling" was right up there with stupid songs.

On another note.....

Jim Stafford used to perform on weekends at a bar on St. Armand's circle in Sarasota in the early 70's. We'd catch him as often as we could. The guy is an incredible entertainer, which is why we weren't surprised when he made it big. One of these days when I get some time and some $$$, I'd like to go to his dinner theatre in Branson.

AuburnJen92
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Okay...I'm officially jealous!!! Has it been converted to CD's - or still original vinyl?

I grew up behind the Wurlitzer Juke Box plant in North Tonawanda, NY. The lobby had 10 or 12 different working juke boxes on display & one guard in particular would let us kids come in & have our own private dance party!! Ahhh....those were fun, care-free days!

OMG! Why on Earth would I convert it to CD? There is something about hearing the scratching of vinyl that makes it real to me. I was a little nervous in '04 when it had to sit in the heat for 29 days of no electricity, but it survived unharmed and all the computers went kaput, go figure...

My 4yr old knows what it means to sound like a broken record. Yes, I am very proud of that, thank you! ;)

My dad went and got "Little Black Egg" (had to get it from NYC) and put it in the Jukebox so he could listen to it when he comes by. I have it still on quarters and have yet to empty it. I plan to use the quarters to buy a toy when the box is full. It will most probably be another waverunner so we can have a pair. Every time I hear an old 70's or 80's tune that I haven't heard in a while, I go and put it in the jukebox and listen to it.

I got it off a guy in Orlando back in the late 1990's for 600 bucks. He was a pinball/jukebox repair guy and I really have never had a problem with it beyond replacing needles. I have regular maintenance, like getting in there and scrubbing it down with an eraser on contact points, but it is an awesome machine and I have always loved Seeburg jukeboxes.

I remember when we were kids there was a pizza joint that had a jukebox and it was the only time my mom would let us play this particular song that had a cuss word in it and say it out loud. The I-95 song. What a classic! It is in my jukebox. I don't play it for CJ though. He is not quite old enough yet.

AuburnJen92
08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
It looks like this, minus the dollar bill changer on the left, I have changer as a separate part, but later realized the model I had didn't support the changer...

http://www.retrorock-it.com/Pages/JukeGallery/images/seeburg-STD160-Vogue.jpg

Gatordad
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm jealous.

clkelley
08-03-2008, 06:07 PM
That is a beautiful machine!!

Born 2 Fish
08-03-2008, 06:11 PM
"My Ding-a-Ling" was right up there with stupid songs.

On another note.....

Jim Stafford used to perform on weekends at a bar on St. Armand's circle in Sarasota in the early 70's. We'd catch him as often as we could. The guy is an incredible entertainer, which is why we weren't surprised when he made it big. One of these days when I get some time and some $$$, I'd like to go to his dinner theatre in Branson.

Gott'a love that Chuck Berry ! That is if you can excuse his umm, ahh, not so cool ways wit'da wemen.:rotfl2:

ntsammy5
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow! That's a classic, but the ones I remember go back to this:

http://www.jukeboxlondon.co.uk/images/W2000.jpg

Can you still get vinyl record for it?

Gatordad
08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/funny-pictures-intervention-cat-keeps-you-from-drinking.jpg

Gatordad
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
How is Gina feeling?

des1954
08-04-2008, 05:07 AM
OMG! Why on Earth would I convert it to CD? There is something about hearing the scratching of vinyl that makes it real to me.

OMG is right! I know people do that - but I don't know why other than "purity of sound" & convenience.

In answer to Al's question - yes you can still get vinyl, but mostly from people selling their collections. I don't know if 45's are still being produced.

What I find amazing is that you can still get needles for it.

Born 2 Fish
08-04-2008, 06:34 AM
GOING CAMPING !!!!!
Sorry everybody can't go with us,,but we'll be back Friday.
SO LONG !!

VACAMPER
08-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Bye, we'll miss you. or at least Denise. lol Have a good time. Catch the big one.

Gatordad
08-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Frank is ok, Denise too..... but they won't be missed because they are camping, and we are all jealous.

PolynesianPixie
08-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you!!!!!! I hope you catch a big fish!:yay:

VACAMPER
08-04-2008, 09:19 AM
We need to start a thread. I think they're celebrating 28 years together this week.

AuburnJen92
08-04-2008, 10:13 AM
OMG is right! I know people do that - but I don't know why other than "purity of sound" & convenience.

In answer to Al's question - yes you can still get vinyl, but mostly from people selling their collections. I don't know if 45's are still being produced.

What I find amazing is that you can still get needles for it.

Yes 45's are still being produced and they cost a small fortune and yes they are still making needles and they cost a small fortune. I have these collection habits that cost small fortunes. like CAMPING, JUKEBOXES, TRAINS, CHILDREN (YES, I INCLUDE CHRIS), COMPUTERS (WELL THAT IS CHRIS), MY CAR, GOLF CART, WAVERUNNER THAT SITS IN THE GARAGE...

ok i am depressing myself...i need to stop...

AuburnJen92
08-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you!!!!!! I hope you catch a big fish!:yay:

We want to see pictures of the BIG FISH!

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Happy nanaversary

2goofycampers
08-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Happy nanaversary

Thanks, Good luck getting you new position.

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 10:27 PM
thank you much, i'm not too good at these waiting games.

PolynesianPixie
08-10-2008, 12:09 AM
thank you much, i'm not too good at these waiting games.

Waiting sucks