PDA

View Full Version : Chat

Yvet
07-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I know chat is every wednesdayevening (for you).

But not for me.... :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Nope for me it's around 2.30 am and because i've to work the next day (otherwise i would be there even at that time) i can't join the chat.

Is there a way that al the really important things (like cruisethings and announchments) could be posted on the boards????
So that way, i could enjoy that also (and lots of european listeners with me)....

I know it's a huge lot of work, i don't expect a list of exact words and lines but more a brief list with just the announchment and the story behind it.

Hope that this is somewhere possible.....

I think maybe it is a task that not only the podcastcrew could do but also participants of the chat....

MenashaCorp
07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
I feel your pain, Yvet. I asked about some of the in-jokes from last week and was told "What happens in chat stays in chat" (A play on Las Vegas' marketing campaign slogan that has become part of our slang "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas").

It is possible to save a transcript (and I tried last night) but once the room closes (I discovered to my chagrin) the opportunity to save the transript does as well.

Part of people's hesitation no doubt stems from the fact that the stream-of-consciousness nature of the chat allows/encourages people to say things they wouldn't actually dare to post in a more static/permanent format such as in a thread.

Last week involved trivia and prizes, but I think that will be the exception rather than the rule. :goodvibes

kab407
07-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I"m embarassed by my awful spelling/typing during chat that I don't need to see it in print. Sometimes I question the time I spent obtaining a higher education.

WaltD4Me
07-24-2008, 12:25 PM

Nope for me it's around 2.30 am and because i've to work the next day (otherwise i would be there even at that time) i can't join the chat.

Is there a way that al the really important things (like cruisethings and announchments) could be posted on the boards????
So that way, i could enjoy that also (and lots of european listeners with me)....

I know it's a huge lot of work, i don't expect a list of exact words and lines but more a brief list with just the announchment and the story behind it.

I think maybe it is a task that not only the podcastcrew could do but also participants of the chat....

I know it stinks. I work 2nd shift, so I can't always make chat and I'm always wondering what I missed, but honestly, it's alot of fun, but it's not alot of information. I think any information that is given out mostly winds up on the boards that night though because we get booted out of chat and then go on the boards to discuss it further.

Yvet
07-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi, i really don't need a script from the chat.
So don't be afraid that it will be a good laugh because somebody makes grammarmistakes.....

It's more that i also would like to know what kind of podcastcruise sectrets there are told for example that the suites are taken bij the podsquad, that was told on the podcast but normally that information does not comes out otherwise and that kind of information is the thing i'm looking for....

MenashaCorp
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM
It's more that i also would like to know what kind of podcastcruise sectrets there are told for example that the suites are taken bij the podsquad, that was told on the podcast but normally that information does not comes out otherwise and that kind of information is the thing i'm looking for....

Nothing of that sort that I recall from last night. Kevin had a grey shirt, likes pirouette cookies and Avenue Q (who doesn't!!)

John hinted he had a secret but the chat room strangely closed before he could reveal it.... Hmmm.....:confused:

kab407
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Kevin's Mom and Dad are going on the cruise!

wildeoscar
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
I always miss the best chats, so check my schedule... if I can't make it, someone will win a prize.

kab407
07-24-2008, 01:44 PM
I always miss the best chats, so check my schedule... if I can't make it, someone will win a prize.

It's all about priorities. ;)

luna99
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM

wait! they give prizes away in chat? I've only gone in once or twice but can never keep up.. it was fun though one night when julie and I discovered we like the same kind of music for the most part! :music:

tinkbutt
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I totally forgot!!! I was thinking today was wednesday!!! DARN IT!!!

wildeoscar
07-24-2008, 05:58 PM
wait! they give prizes away in chat? I've only gone in once or twice but can never keep up.. it was fun though one night when julie and I discovered we like the same kind of music for the most part! :music:

yeah, there has been, um... a podcast cruise given away (ursula got that one) and once in a while Pete popps in and bang ya get to pick a number.

wishspirit
07-24-2008, 06:37 PM

I have exactly the same problem. I was lucky last night that i could actually stay up for the first hour as i didn't have to go to work till the afternoon. However that will be my last for a while. I HATE missing out on the 'in' jokes! :sad1:

Stevegriswold
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
hum chat does not seem to be working for me

UrsulasShadow
07-24-2008, 09:24 PM
The only night that chat is reliably there, is Wednesday evenings. I don't know why, but it seems to be closed every other scheduled night. Maybe not so many show up?

calypso*a*go-go
07-24-2008, 11:03 PM
One bit of info that was released in last night's chat was that there are 250 people booked for the cruise thus far...wonder how many more will still sign up!

disneyholic family
07-25-2008, 02:46 AM

yup - i can't manage the podcast chat either - it's at 4 in the morning my time.....i often stay up until 2 in the morning when i'm on deadline, but 4 AM is pushing the envelope...

It's more that i also would like to know what kind of podcastcruise sectrets there are told for example that the suites are taken bij the podsquad,

i guess you mean the walt and roy suites....
they haven't taken all the suites as i have a one bedroom (midship).....

Yvet
07-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes i ment the Roy and Walt suites...

But heey i want to look in a one bdr suite also..
So maybe i'm allowed to take a sneek peak in yours when we are on the cruise :)

disneyholic family
07-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes i ment the Roy and Walt suites...

But heey i want to look in a one bdr suite also..
So maybe i'm allowed to take a sneek peak in yours when we are on the cruise :)

of course you're welcome to visit....and not just for a peak....

we stayed in the walt suite on our last cruise and it's really really really really nice...
but the one bedroom is also nice.....and it's a whole lot easier on the pocketbook ;)

Yvet
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM
That's a date you have there.....
I hope that i want to leave your room again, we stay in a cat 12;) ;)

calypso*a*go-go
07-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Could be worse Yvet -- I'll be in a Cat. 11 with four people (two of them teenagers)!

georgemoe
07-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Here is the schedule for the other weekly chats as posted on the Budget board. Not sure which ones actually happen on a regular basis. I'll be checking into the DVC chat tonight.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1840468

disneyholic family
07-27-2008, 06:22 PM

Could be worse Yvet -- I'll be in a Cat. 11 with four people (two of them teenagers)!

it doesn't matter what category your stateroom is, they're all nice and in any case, regardless of what category your room is, everyone is entitled to everything...all the facilities...
and no one spends all that much time in the room anyway...

Yvet
07-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Oh no, cat 12 is great.
It's good enough for us, we stayed in a cat 12 last may and we loved it.
We don't need that much room because we're there just to sleep and changing clothes.

I just ment that because we are in cat 12 wich is much smaller then a 1bdr suite (ofcourse otherwise nobody would pay the extra costs for a 1 bdr suite) maybe when we visit the one bdr suite we never want to leave again......

wildeoscar
07-29-2008, 08:40 AM

mmmmm teen agers... what size locker do they take?

DVCsince02
07-29-2008, 09:34 AM
mmmmm teen agers... what size locker do they take?

:rotfl:

Speaking of catagories, we upgraded to a 5 from a 10. After all, it is our anniversary.....:love:

disneyholic family
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh no, cat 12 is great.
It's good enough for us, we stayed in a cat 12 last may and we loved it.
We don't need that much room because we're there just to sleep and changing clothes.

I just ment that because we are in cat 12 wich is much smaller then a 1bdr suite (ofcourse otherwise nobody would pay the extra costs for a 1 bdr suite) maybe when we visit the one bdr suite we never want to leave again......

in truth, there's never really any reason to spend more for a room - be it at WDW or on the cruise...
and normally i tend to be very frugal - excessively frugal...
but for some reason, i love to splurge when it comes to vacations....on things like concierge suites (in WDW and hotels wherever we stay)....and on ships...
silly i know...and stupidly extravagant....my little vacation vice........

disneyholic family
07-31-2008, 01:47 PM
the truth is, the podcast cruise was just remarkably timed since i have to be in tampa for a conference at the end of that week...
but it would probably make more sense to take the cruise the following week...
i wonder if that is one of the 4 day cruises with 2 stops at CC....
but probably there aren't any suites left on that cruise...
maybe i'll call DCL to see....

Yvet
08-01-2008, 06:33 AM
For us the cruise itself is splurging.....

We go every year to WDW in May.
Last may we did a cruise (DCL Western) and stayed 3 weeks in a vacation home.
We also go in Dec 2008 for another 3 weeks and then again in may 2009 and again a cruise (the podcast cruise).
We also are planning to go to California and WDW for 2.5 weeks in October 2009.

If we splurge in spending more money on a "better" cat room on the ship, we have to let go another vacation....
Because i know myself.........
It's not only the room you have to pay for, we spend a lot of money on souvenirs, photo's and lots of other things on the ship.
I buy my clothes for the whole year when i'm at WDW.

So i'm no we are splurging ourselves with a lot of vacations........

But i like it a lot that other people do it different (otherwise there would be only cat 12 onboard) because i can take sneak peakes in the most beatifull rooms.......

calypso*a*go-go
08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Keep up the good work Yvet -- the U.S. economy thanks you!!! :thumbsup2

disneyholic family
08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
For us the cruise itself is splurging.....

We go every year to WDW in May.
Last may we did a cruise (DCL Western) and stayed 3 weeks in a vacation home.
We also go in Dec 2008 for another 3 weeks and then again in may 2009 and again a cruise (the podcast cruise).
We also are planning to go to California and WDW for 2.5 weeks in October 2009.

If we splurge in spending more money on a "better" cat room on the ship, we have to let go another vacation....
Because i know myself.........
It's not only the room you have to pay for, we spend a lot of money on souvenirs, photo's and lots of other things on the ship.
I buy my clothes for the whole year when i'm at WDW.

So i'm no we are splurging ourselves with a lot of vacations........

But i like it a lot that other people do it different (otherwise there would be only cat 12 onboard) because i can take sneak peakes in the most beatifull rooms.......

that's wonderful that you can take so many trips!!!!
it's so far for us and takes forever and a day (and then some) to get to the states..
until a few years ago, the most time we could take was one long trip in the summer..
the past few years, i've had to travel back and forth to detroit (helping my mom and sister when they had their cancer treatments), but that was on my own..
i did travel several times with my daughter for her auditions at WDW, which was lots of fun..
and she and i were just at WDW in november (we had to be in detroit, so the two of us popped down to WDW for 9 days)...
that time we stayed at the ASMu and had a grand time.....

if we lived in the states we'd go several times a year...when my kids were toddlers we lived in the states and went down about 3 times a year......and then we especially did it on the cheap....got an inexpensive offsite 1 bedroom with a kitchen so i could cook for the kids....and we enjoyed that too....we always enjoy WDW, no matter where we're staying.........

by the way, as for buying lots of clothes in the states - my husband's clothes are only bought in the states....he's 6'7" tall (2 meters exactly) and the only place i can find clothes that fit him is in the states.....so we buy everything for him there.....everything from head to toe...

DVCsince02
08-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Reminder.... It's chat night!

wishspirit
08-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Can't stay up for chat tonight, hope you have a great time tonight! As soon as i get back to Uni, i will be chatting much more!

BRobson
08-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I wish I could stay up and chat - but I need to go to bed :confused3

disneyholic family
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I wish I could stay up and chat - but I need to go to bed :confused3

my head is spinning....

i woke up at 4:30 am (my time) which is 9:30 pm eastern time...
how exciting - i jumped out of bed and headed straight for the chat room...
but the most i could manage was 5 minutes.....way way way way way way way too fast for me....

so now i'm off to bed......though i feel like i just took 20 uppers....maybe a cup of tea first....