PDA

View Full Version : Brit listeners

Sapper383
07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Just a quick post to satisfy my curiosity. How many listeners to the podcast are there in the UK? All the Disney fans I know in South Wales have never heard of the podcast. What do you think?

wishspirit
07-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Massive UK DIS Unplugged fan! Not Welsh i'm afraid, i am English born and bread.

Not enough people know about the podcast!

There are others of us around, but not many of us stay up till 3am for the chat! (Thats just me! :lmao:)

MenashaCorp
07-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Massive UK DIS Unplugged fan! Not Welsh i'm afraid, i am English born and bred.

Not enough people know about the podcast!

There are others of us around, but not many of us stay up till 3am for the chat! (Thats just me! :lmao:)

When you're not down with a chill, of course... ;) How's that health? You chatting tonight? :banana:

disneyholic family
07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
i'm even further east than the UK and the chat's even later at night for me (or earlier in the morning, depending how you look at it)

razster
07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Avid DIS unplugged fans here in the glorious city of london.

Not well known enough yet in the UK butwe are self appointed ambassadors for the the DIS in general.

Hopefully we keep spreading the word more and more uk visitors will benefit from this tremendous resource and community.

The Razsters

wishspirit
07-23-2008, 07:43 PM
When you're not down with a chill, of course... ;) How's that health? You chatting tonight? :banana:

I am in perfect health, if a bit of a runny nose, however i AM CHATTING TONIGHT!

I don't have to work untill 1pm tomorrow, so i am up for a bit of DIS live chat! :cool1:

BRobson
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
A scottish listener here :goodvibes well more like a DIS addict :thumbsup2

alebisi
07-23-2008, 10:26 PM
does Italian listeners count too :) :) :) :) , In my city no one knows about the Dis, but I'm managing to get them know about it
Wish--> same here, I manage to stay up until 4.30:goodvibes

astrodrummergirl
07-24-2008, 01:07 AM
Another London listener here! I agree, not enough people from the UK know about this podcast, I'm usually sitting, usually giggling, in the corner at work on my lunch breaks listening to it.

~Fisharefriends~
07-24-2008, 02:20 AM
another Uk listener here, live in berkshire, which is to the west of london however with 2 kids never manage to stay up lae enough for chat!!

UKMark
07-24-2008, 04:01 AM
Kent listener here :thumbsup2

Pinky166
07-24-2008, 04:30 AM
Another UK listener.....Gotta love the DIS!!! :cloud9:

Andrew*A
07-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Just a quick post to satisfy my curiosity. How many listeners to the podcast are there in the UK? All the Disney fans I know in South Wales have never heard of the podcast. What do you think?

I'm a Brit listener and also from South Wales.

kat777
07-24-2008, 07:25 AM
:goodvibes

luke
07-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Brand new listener from the UK here, got an iPhone the
other week so started looking for podcasts, great how it streams direct from the net to the iPhone thru quicktime.

Gonna have a good listen thru the back catalogues too

Soopafly
07-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Londoner here and have been listening for over a year now and still loving the podcast (and boards obviously). Trying to find the time to call in and leave a voicemail as we dont hear enough brits on the podcasts ;)

jns
07-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Ireland here
even got a e mail read out

Amora
07-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Am I the only one?:confused:

calypso*a*go-go
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
A big "hello" to all our international friends. :goodvibes

Which one of you is the person that listens to the podcast while driving a truck in the middle of the night? :car:

pdmac
07-25-2008, 04:29 AM
Hi

Not a big 'poster' but huge fan of the site and huge fan of the podcast!!

We live in Blackpool, Lancashire

Peter Lisa Carly & Bethany

disneyholic family
07-25-2008, 04:59 AM
there are lots of brits on the dis UK board, though i've only seen a few wandering around the podcast forum...

i'm an american, living in israel, but on the dis i hangout in the UK...the UK trip planning board that is...
it's the most useful for me....i've learned lots of good things there....great tips and tricks for travelers from overseas.....

peanut1967
07-25-2008, 05:34 AM
hi, from lances...Bury

taramasalata
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey there,

I'm a UK listener, and I've never even been to DisneyWorld but am going in 2010.

Athough I do know rather a lot about it.

The podcast is what keeps me going. :surfweb:

Becx N Gav
07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Add 2 more to the count :thumbsup2
Started listening beginning of the year and we're slowly catching up with the older ones :thumbsup2

DH usually remind me it's on (bless him :goodvibes ) but got a bit confused when they switched days :confused:

We love the pod cast but don't know any proper Disney fans :confused3. We'll have to start converting people over to 'the Magic Side' :rotfl:

astrodrummergirl
07-25-2008, 04:12 PM
We'll have to start converting people over to 'the Magic Side' :rotfl:

Tell them we have cookies, then they'll definately come!

Joseph Carter
07-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Im a Dis obsessive from London and Cornwall Uk. I live in London 10 months out of the year. I LOVE DISNEY

BRobson
07-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Maybe if we ask the crew really nicely they could schedule a time for an international podcast chat :hug: Pretty Please :hug:

paulasillars
07-26-2008, 02:20 AM
I'm English by birth (Middlesex) but am now a New Zealander, I've been in NZ most of my life.

Kristina
07-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Don't forget me :wave:! I am an American living in Sweden and I love love love the podcast ::yes::! I also visit the UK board a lot since I have to travel from all the way over here, plus my dbf is an Englishman from Chester. We will be visiting the World in Nov/Dec. for 15 nights woohoo :yay:!

jharrowell
07-26-2008, 04:04 AM
Another South Wales listener here!

I'm from sunny Chepstow. :)

Button
07-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Another Berkshire lassie. Dreaming that one day I can move from Rainy Reading to Funtime Florida. Someone give me a visa.......pleeeeease

astrodrummergirl
07-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Another Berkshire lassie. Dreaming that one day I can move from Rainy Reading to Funtime Florida. Someone give me a visa.......pleeeeease

Oooh, you're not too far from me! :yay:

Sorry for the probably unnecessary outburst.

Cyrano
07-26-2008, 08:08 PM
A scottish listener here :goodvibes well more like a DIS addict :thumbsup2

Ditto :goodvibes :thumbsup2

cornish pixie
07-27-2008, 04:11 PM
yep we are podcast listeners from sunny Cornwall and avid Dis board fanatics.
We have learnt so much from these boards and share all the great info with all our friends and anyone who we hear mention that they are planning a trip to Florida:goodvibes :goodvibes
Cornish pixie

Becx N Gav
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM

Tell me about it! I would so love to live in the states (I promise to work hard and give back to the community - something I'm less inclined to do in this country)
I got all excited when I heard Canada was looking for immigrants - until I saw that neither DH or myself was in the right field of work :confused3 :sad1:

Oh well, we're gonna keep trying to get out of the country :wizard:

The most recent e-mail show was so funny, it just feels like they're in your living room :lmao:

Can't wait for the next show :surfweb:

les2425
07-27-2008, 05:19 PM
add 2 more to the count from newcastle upon tyne.
i been to the world many times 1991,1997 when my sister got married at cypress gardens, 2004,2006 and hopefully 2010 when i am on are honeymoon.
disneyland paris 2005,2007. i forgot to add it will be bev's first time the world won't she have fun :goodvibes :cheer2: :rotfl2:

les & bev uk

Button
07-28-2008, 04:16 AM
I got all excited when I heard Canada was looking for immigrants - until I saw that neither DH or myself was in the right field of work :confused3 :sad1:

I did the same, sucks doesn't it. Darn working in a boring old office. :sad2:
Wouldn't a visa be the best Year of a Million Dreams...

Brer_Claire
07-28-2008, 04:31 AM
I'm a UK listener all the way down on the sunny Isle of Wight!!!

Button
07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm a UK listener all the way down on the sunny Isle of Wight!!!

Hey you, I'm orginally from Southampton have great memories of IOW. x

Ann B
07-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Listening from Edinburgh here!

Sapper383
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
There is obviously a lot of UK interest in the show. Has anybody had a voicemail read out on the show? I was thinking of leaving one but was wondering what is the easiest/cheapest way of calling the US. Also do you think they will be able to understand a Welsh accent?

UKMark
07-29-2008, 06:07 AM
I use Skype to call Disney. Much cheaper than BT :banana:

Brer_Claire
07-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey you, I'm orginally from Southampton have great memories of IOW. x

In the words of the song..."It's a small world after all!!!!" :thumbsup2

I love your Westie by the way, very cute :)

Claire xx

arielrocks
07-29-2008, 01:58 PM
west sussex listener here!

cherry-pops
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm listening from Norwich, Norfolk, UK. :)
I listen to the podcast on my journey to and from work and sometimes during my lunchbreak. I download it via iTunes onto my mobile phone. I love it! Much better than the thumping music the teen behind me has turned up so loud that the whole bus can hear it! It puts me in a shiny, happy place on the dull commute to work. :)

astrodrummergirl
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
There is obviously a lot of UK interest in the show. Has anybody had a voicemail read out on the show? I was thinking of leaving one but was wondering what is the easiest/cheapest way of calling the US. Also do you think they will be able to understand a Welsh accent?

I did leave a voicemail, but they haven't played it, which they should, because I'm desperate for a T-Shirt so my Dole Whip master plan will work!

I used skype, the actual call cost me 6p, but I had to buy 11.50 of credit, I'm sure I'll eventually burn that off.

randomdisney101
07-29-2008, 04:40 PM
another brit here and the first brit to choose a number aswell :) thanks podcast crew anyone from west yorks?:dance3:

Button
07-29-2008, 05:26 PM

I had an email read out. How excited was I???:banana:

Becx N Gav
07-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I had an email read out. How excited was I???:banana:

That's so cooool :thumbsup2

I can never think of anyhing to say :confused: I think I've been on the Dis too much, I just seem to be able to remember tons of Disney related info but never useful stuff like the date or what I'm doing in the evening :lmao:

Button I do agree it sucks so much not being in the right job for Canada, if I could go back in time ......

DH is in IT and the job front is satuarted with IT skilled people :sad1: If we never get to live in America I would at least like a holiday home there.

Oh, good luck to any UK Disers that call/mail the show :cool1: I love how they love our accents, it makes you feel special :cloud9:

andrewilley
07-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Another Brit here. From a quite pleasant bit just north of Birmingham. ("Birmingham" does NOT rhyme with "joint of ham" by the way, it's more "hm" than "ham" - LOL!)

Andre

Becx N Gav
07-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Another Brit here. From a quite pleasant bit just north of Birmingham. ("Birmingham" does NOT rhyme with "joint of ham" by the way, it's more "hm" than "ham" - LOL!)

Andre

Bur-ming-hm

wishspirit
07-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Bur-ming-hm

Anyone else laugh a bit when they heard Julie pronounce 'Devonshire?', maybe that just me, but Americans saying English place names always makes me giggle. I think we should give them a list of difficult ones to try and say on the podcast!

Hmm, how do you think they would pronounce Lewes?

luke
07-31-2008, 06:51 PM
worcestershire, or Leicestershire are my favourites, tho we Brits are probably just as guilty - Maryland anyone? ;)

andrewilley
08-01-2008, 04:27 AM
worcestershire, or Leicestershire are my favourites, tho we Brits are probably just as guilty - Maryland anyone? ;)

I love Leicestershire too - it always seems to come out as "Lie-kes-ter-shy-er". For the Americans reading this, the correct pronunciation is "Less-ter-sheer" (for some reason lost in time!). Gloucestershire is another one (it should be "gloss-ter-sheer").

Maryland? I've always pronounced it as "Mary-land" - should it be something like "marry-land" then?

I also love that Dione Warwick can't pronounce her own name. :) (the UK town of Warwick is pronounced as "worr-ick")

Andre

luke
08-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Maryland is said more like 'marilyn' I think, Arkansas is another one I'm sure most of us get wrong too :)

Becx N Gav
08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Ha! And those are more national places, I lived in a village Cogenhoe (pretty much only the locals know the correct pronunciation) which you say Cook-no (Cook meaning look out, noe meaning hill - look out on the hill!) so you can tell if people are local or not :lmao:

Even Towcester is a bit tricky you say Toaster:cool1: :thumbsup2

I do hope they read these out :rotfl2:

BRobson
08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Edinburgh was a toughie for them if I recall :hug:

andrewilley
08-01-2008, 09:47 AM
The biggest challenge would almost certainly be:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch

This is a real Welsh town, and its name translates as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave".

So go on Julie, that's your challenge from the UK for this week. :)

Andre
(and no, I can't say it either!)

Becx N Gav
08-01-2008, 03:56 PM
The biggest challenge would almost certainly be:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch

This is a real Welsh town, and its name translates as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave".

So go on Julie, that's your challenge from the UK for this week. :)

Andre
(and no, I can't say it either!)

I'd pay for the team to go to DLRP if they managed to say that :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Disclaimer: not really (wish I could afford that)