PDA

View Full Version : Pinkerbell's TR-5/18/09-WP-Whitehall Room-Sago Cay Point *More Wedding Pictures*

Pages : [1] 2

Pinkerbell1983
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Pinkerbell1983 Planning Journal - Wedding Pavilion - Whitehall Room - May 18th 2009

Hi

I'm very excited to finally start my planning journal!!! I am 24, from the Uk and have been with my boyfriend for 8 years and we've been engaged since May (although I did start planning the wedding before this!)

I first visited Disney World in 2003 and fell in love!!! After seeing the wedding Pavilion, I realised I wanted to get married there and began looking at weddings on the internet, although it wasn't til april this year that I decided that i was definatley getting married here (luckily my boyfriend agreed, he loves Disney a much as me!!!) Since we had already planned a trip to disney next may anyway, we decided to combine it with a wedding.

So the date is May 18th 2009 at 5pm. Im soooo excited!!!!!!

I talked to my coordinator and because I wanted an outdoor area for my reception, he suggested the Whitehall room and patio at the grand floridian. I love this room and also like the idea of being able to walk over to the reception from the ceremony.

Everyone elses pj's have helped me loads while i've been planning so thats why i thought i'd start my own. I don't really have any plans set in stone yet, but I've already booked randy chapman after all the wonderful recomendations from you guys. My colour theme is going to be yellow, but I haven't seen many yellow disney weddings so Im unsure of flowers etc, can anyone help?

kayleighnik
07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi!

We've started our PJ's at the same time...but you're getting married a lot sooner than I am! Congratulations on your engagement and....WOW...you've got it booked already?! :thumbsup2 Thats fantastic!

I think I've got a yellow inspiration board on my laptop *looks* Here you go! I don't know if it'll help much, but it might give you a few ideas :wizard:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129/kayleighnikwedding/yellow.jpg

I'm from the UK as well...so I'll be looking forward to reading your PJ!

Can't wait to read more :yay:

Kayleigh

Pinkerbell1983
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Oh wow, thats so helpful and some of those things are soooo lovely!!!
I've not booked yet, only 'tentatively'!!! i cant pay a deposit until 18th of septemeber as i want a ballroom, its so frustrating to wait for, I'm worried about a conference or something taking my date. Although I suppose if that does happen, there are loads of other great places to have a reception.

Where abouts are you having yours? Are youhaving yellow colours too?

Where abouts in the UK are you from? have you done a site visit or anything?

kayleighnik
07-23-2008, 05:28 PM
I won't be getting married until 2012 :( And I'm from the East Midlands, you?

I'm having black, pink and white/silver, but I had the yellow board in my wedding folder from when I was looking around :thumbsup2

I haven't done anything yet, apart from just looking, but I've got a rough idea of what I'd like...I'm just about to post about it in my PJ :) I'd like to do a site visit though...maybe DF and I will be able to if we manage to go on holiday next summer *fingers crossed*

Kayleigh

Pinkerbell1983
07-24-2008, 02:53 AM
kayleighnik I am from Sheffield, so not that far really!!!!

Just thought I'd post a few pics on what i've decided so far...

This is my ring
http://site.netaya.com/itemimages/4wf354pj125-00.jpg

This is my dress, its a justin alexander one and I didn't like it the first time I put it on but it def grew on me and now I love it!!!!
http://www.enzobridal.com/8196_JA_569x600_op_400x422opp.jpg

I want my table centerpieces to look something like this, I borrowed this idea from someone elses thread (I hope they don't mind!) I just think they are really beautiful!!!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/05/Floating_wedding_candles.jpg

Or maybe something like this?
http://xf6.xanga.com/250d874179c32136723849/z100313198.jpg

I want my bridesmaids in yellow knee length dresses but I haven't found any that I really love yet.

Does anyone know the prices for the cylinder centerpieces? Do prices and things come with your planning kit?

orangetiggs
07-24-2008, 03:30 AM
congrats from another uk bride,

We have the pavilliona dn white hall room. we originally booked ariels and contracted at 12 months out and then I wanted to change.

We originally picked the cylinders as well but I have recently had a change of heart that they would not be the look i wanted so changed them!!

We are also haveing a dessert party at uk lower

Pinkerbell1983
07-24-2008, 03:40 AM
I quite fancied a dessert party too but they told me that they were stopping them as they were in view of the public :sad1: Guess I'm just too late!!!!
They said I could have one indoors but I thought there would be no point to that so Im staying in the Whitehall room and hopefully we'll be able to see wishes from there.

I also looked at ariels and the attic but the Whitehall room is just so pretty and I love that it has an outside area. I can't wait to see your wedding pics!!!

I've just made an appointment to order my wedding dress on saturday!!!! Yeh!!!! cant wait!!!! :yay:

orangetiggs
07-24-2008, 03:48 AM
yes I'm not sure how much of wishes you can see from the patio as there is the monorail track and some trees if I remember right.

I didnt know they were stopping dessert partys, I know there are brides that have them booked for next year

Pinkerbell1983
07-24-2008, 04:19 AM
hmmm maybe it's a really recent thing then? and if its already booked, they can't really stop it

orangetiggs
07-24-2008, 04:24 AM
not sure i'm sure others can answer it better.

You will have a great day no matter what

Pinkerbell1983
07-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Right, just thought I'd post a few more details about my wedding.

I fly out on the 11th of may which is exactly a week before the wedding. I am staying at the highlands reserve villas (i've stayed here 3 times before and I love them!!!). There will be about 24 guests and we're all on the same flight which is very exciting, think I'm gonna make em all wear t-shirts with their roles on!!! although some aren't very happy with this idea, dunno why? :confused3

I would love cinderella's coach for the wedding but I just don't think my budget will stretch quite that far, so think I'm just gonna use a limo. Does anyone know if the limo will pick us up from the villa's?

I am having four bridesmaids - my sister (MOH), my two best friends and my niece (who will be more of a flower girl since she will only be 22months!) I also have a three year old nephew who will be included some how, but not sure as what at the mo!

I have randy chapman booked and rev. jimmy johnson booked. I don't know if anyone has used him for a disney wedding but I attended a wedding at cypress grove in 2003 and he was really nice. Everything else, floral etc, will be done by disney.

I'm just in the process of deciding whether to have a buffet or a sit down meal. How much room does the buffet take up?

I'm hoping my reception will go on unitl midnightish, I think I have to pay for extra hours, right? then everyone will be staying for the wedding night on disney property (this is how im getting my room requirements!)

I leave florida on 25th May :sad1: and hopefully am going to have a little party when I come home, for grandparents and people who couldn't make it.
Apart from knowing (thinking) what centerpieces I want, I don't have any other plans just set.
But I'm very excited to start making them when I've got my contract signed!!!

:cutie:

PRPrincess1081
07-24-2008, 05:24 AM
hmmm maybe it's a really recent thing then? and if its already booked, they can't really stop it

Congrats!!! I am getting married on April 20, 2009 just a month before you I am doing SBP as well as Whitehall but I have book the Dessert Party..so I am not sure why they told you they are stopping them...interesting

And I have yet to sign my contract I sign it in Aug

Pinkerbell1983
07-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Hmmmm maybe I need to ask again *** thats very annoying!!!

Have you started a planning journal? I hate this waiting time, I'm so scared Im not gonna get my date, is it just me? The coordinator told me that they can't take the pavilion now its "pencilled in" but maybe the whitehall room.

PRPrincess1081
07-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Hmmmm maybe I need to ask again *** thats very annoying!!!

Have you started a planning journal? I hate this waiting time, I'm so scared Im not gonna get my date, is it just me? The coordinator told me that they can't take the pavilion now its "pencilled in" but maybe the whitehall room.

I do have one but just posted a few details I started off with an Escape and changed it last week to a wishes since I was adding so many extras I decided Wishes it is..not sure how to post the link to my PJ...LOL

Pinkerbell1983
07-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Yeah I originally started out wanting an escape but when I added the costs up and more people started wanting to come, I decided wishes made more sense. And now I'm very pleases I swapped!!!

I just copy and pastes the address bar into the edit signiture bit (that doesn't sound very helpful! sorry)

kayleighnik
07-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Your dress and ring are gorgeous!

Could you combine the two centrepieces maybe? Use different heights for the cylinders, and yellow flowers with the candle on the top?

As for BM dresses, have you tried Alfred Angelo's UK website, as you can get several knee-length dresses, and have them in the colour 'sunshine'. There's some gorgeous ones on there.

Or there's Dessy.com. They have *a lot* of knee-length dresses, and you can have them in the colour 'buttercup'. I'm thinking of a few dresses from here - might have to order them waaaaaaay in advance so they don't get discontinued though :thumbsup2

princess:

Pinkerbell1983
07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Think that's what i'll do, have yellow flowers and different sized cylinders. Or maybe the gel filled cylinders with the lights in?

Does anyone have a pic of these? I've heard about them but never seen them.

kayleighnik
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
I think this is what you mean...though these have confetti in them

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129/kayleighnikwedding/gelcp.jpg

Kayleigh

Pinkerbell1983
07-29-2008, 04:42 AM
Hi

Just a little update, I've been looking at what kind of cakes to get.

I like this one, but in yellow kind of colours.

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/attachments/trip-reports/23507d1180627148-mickeymcfizzles-disney-wedding-vacation-trip-report-cake2.jpg
and maybe with an extra layer but I couldn't find a pic.

But DF wants one with the castle on top *** he says its more 'disney'!!! think I may have to let him have his way seeing as I'll be picking everything else!!!

These are some of the bm dresses I like
http://www.dcnearlyweds.com/watters.jpg
but in yellow obviously
http://www.netbride.com/bridesmaid/dresses/mori-lee-933renee.jpg

All the bridesmaids are gonna wear different dresses, but all in the same colour and maybe material.

kayleighnik
07-29-2008, 09:06 AM
I love the first BM dress...it'll look great in yellow :thumbsup2

Lynn5700
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi!! The first BM dress is gorgeous!!!!

My wedding dress was by Justin Alexander too!!!

Pinkerbell1983
07-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I think I like the first one as well, maybe I'll go with all three in that style!!!!

Lynn5700 I had noticed before how pretty your dress was, I just like all the Justin Alexander ones!!! And I LOVE your flowers!!! I want mine exactly the same but in yellow, I just think they are gorgeous!!!!!

kayleighnik
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I think I like the first one as well, maybe I'll go with all three in that style!!!!

Sounds great - the good thing about those dresses is that they'll look good on more or less everyone, no matter the shape or size etc!

Kayleigh

Pinkerbell1983
07-30-2008, 05:41 AM
Some other bits I've seen whilst browsing here and on the internet.
http://www.hotref.com/category/22/double-heart-place-card-holders_2229_r.jpg
I really like these for place name holders. Does anyone know if Disney charge for bringing in your own things for the table? I'm gonna let them do the centerpieces and the petals and stuff, I just wanted to be able to buy a few things myself.

Or maybe these...
http://www.for-bridal-showers.com/images/fairy-tale-place-card-holders.jpg
I've seen these on a few other peoples PJ, they are so pretty and perfect for Disney I think!

I also wanted some of these sprinkled around the petals, just to make it extra sparkly!
http://www.blissweddings.org.uk/resources/_wsb_358x268_Swar+Diamonds.jpg

I really like Lyne5700's bouquet, so I think I'm gonna have one like that but in yellow with some crystals added.
http://www.foreveryourwedding.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/yellow-rose-bouquet.jpg
Sort of like this but MUCH bigger!!!!

:sad1: Im just stressing at the mo *** I'm just finishing uni in a few weeks and trying to get a job, the only problem is, the job situation is looking quite poor at the mo and I may only be able to get part time hours, so this means ALOT of saving for the wedding!!
Does anyone have any tips on saving money and staying close to the minimum?
I'm also worried about a convention taking my date!!! How often doe sthis happen, it's been on my mind since I 'tentatively' booked! :sad2: What happens if it does, do I just pick another reception venue?

kayleighnik
07-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Does anyone have any tips on saving money and staying close to the minimum?

- some banks have a 'save the change' system where, if you buy something on your card for £5.75 (or whatever price) they round it up to the nearest pound and put that in a saving account :thumbsup2
- get an isa account and earn interest whilst you save - nationwide have good isa's and saving accounts, but you might need to have a current account with them (even if you don't use it much)
- save up all your loose change...empty your purse of loose change every couple of days...it soon adds up!
- take advantage of buy one get one free etc!
- join up to points earning sites such as ipoints and toluna and receive gift certificates etc such as amazon vouchers
- enter competitions in magazines such as take a break and chat!! you never know...could win something!
- buy store own brands instead of top brands
- direct debit a set amount of money each month into a saving account, even if its only £50...something is better than nothing :thumbsup2

- do things like invitations etc yourself. we were going to buy ours, and with extras like placecards, save the dates etc, it would have come to over £1500 for the ones we wanted. Now we've decided to make our own and its coming in well under that for a larger quantity
- buy things on ebay etc instead of bridal stores where the prices are sometimmes ridiculous!

Im just stressing at the mo *** I'm just finishing uni in a few weeks and trying to get a job, the only problem is, the job situation is looking quite poor at the mo and I may only be able to get part time hours, so this means ALOT of saving for the wedding!!

I know the feeling = :scared1: Firstly, congratulations on finishing uni! I'm going in September...the amount of debt I'll be in by the time I'm 26/27 (when I'll be qualified as a lawyer) is freaking me out. I have no idea how I'm going to save up for our wedding. I'll only be able to get part time hours whilst I'm studying.
Something will come along. Keep scouring the papers, or go on jobcentreplus and see if you can find anything there.
Maybe if you have a talent, such as playing an instrument etc, you could teach? I'm a genealogist, and am getting paid for researching other people's family trees. It's just an idea :thumbsup2

Oh, and I LOVE the bouquet - it'll look beautiful. The sparkle is great, as are the placecards - I've seen those, they're fantastic for a disney wedding!

:wizard:

december14disney
07-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Just wanted to say welcome!!

Pinkerbell1983
07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Kayleigh, you are so logical and helpful!!!!

I am just in the process of opening an isa to save money for the wedding, and hopefully we'll be getting help with most of it.

I just got an email from my coordinator about the magic kingdom phoot session with a phone number on to arrange it so gonna be doing that later. Its so exciting!!!

kayleighnik
07-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Kayleigh, you are so logical and helpful!!!!

Anything to help a dis-bride...especially a UK one!

I am just in the process of opening an isa to save money for the wedding, and hopefully we'll be getting help with most of it.

ISA's are great. I know that with a couple of banks you can earn 5%, even 6%. If you saved £3,600 (the maximum...or is it £3,700) in a year, then 5% is an extra £180 you didn't have! And even more if you both get one! That'll pay for plenty of little things! :thumbsup2

I just got an email from my coordinator about the magic kingdom phoot session with a phone number on to arrange it so gonna be doing that later. Its so exciting!!!

Thats great!! I think I'm gonna do an Epcot photo session :lovestruc

DISNEY*lover
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Wow! You're right! We do have a lot of the same things picked out. :) We have similar taste. I love your ring. I wanted a solitaire ring but he got me something different (I still love it of course). BTW, that dress is stunning! I can't wait to see it on you!! ;)

Pinkerbell1983
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi all

I've not updated in a week, been job stressing instead of wedding planning! :sad1: But I have had chance to lull over a few ideas.

I've decided I want flower centerpieces now instead of cylinder ones (think I want more of a summery wedding) so I've picked out these for inspiration
http://www.bloomeryweddings.com/blog/images/heinzhall2.jpg
But with more ivory colored roses.

I still can't decide whether to go with the Magic Kingdom portrait session, I just dunno if it's really worth the money? :confused: I think they look great, but I just keep thinking of other things I can spend the money on.

So, I don't 'officially' have to sort out my room block yet but I just wanted to start the ball rolling so I picked the hotels I'm gonna chose - Grand Floridian (where us and probably most of the guests will be staying), maybe the Polynesian ( DF parents want to stay here), Port Orleans and All Star Sports. Since I've never stayed on Disney property I have absolutely no idea what any of these hotels are like, but I think these look really nice, what do you guys think?

E.T.A. How far are each of these resorts from the Grand Floridian, and can you get a taxi?

kayleighnik
08-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I've only ever stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and...I love it! The pool is great, the grounds are peaceful, you can enjoy a lovely boat ride to Riverside (or you can walk) or to Downtown Disney and its not too big :thumbsup2

Love the centrepieces - they'd look fantastic with yellow roses!

You could look at a map of Walt Disney World maybe, one where it shows where all the hotels are, to see how far etc they are? You could get a taxi, or you could use the bus system (might take a while) or monorail where there is one...

For my room blocks, I'm thinking of POFQ, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Pop Century :thumbsup2

Pinkerbell1983
08-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I fancy the polynesian too, but you don't get 30% discount so it actually works out more than the gf. Think I'm still gonna use it tho *** DF's mum has her heart set on it.

I'm nearly exactly 9 months out now so I should be starting things very soon, I;m getting very impatient! :hourglass

And I've just been offered a full time job when I finish uni :yay: so thats it, mega expensive wedding here I come! Although I'm sure DF doesn't see it like that! :confused3 :lmao:

IndyBride
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Great ideas so far!! Beautiful dress! Can't wait to hear more details. Have you seen Caryndisneydiva's PJ? She had the most beautiful yellow rose bouquet. Her pic is in the flora thread.

kayleighnik
08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Congratulations on the job! :banana:

9 months - it'll go quickly!!

Pinkerbell1983
08-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Great ideas so far!! Beautiful dress! Can't wait to hear more details. Have you seen Caryndisneydiva's PJ? She had the most beautiful yellow rose bouquet. Her pic is in the flora thread.

Yeah I have seen it, I think its gorgeous and its so big! I might have to 'borrow' the for inspiration if she doesn't mind!

Pinkerbell1983
08-13-2008, 05:54 AM
Congratulations on the job! :banana:

9 months - it'll go quickly!!

Thanks Kayleigh! :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
08-13-2008, 06:06 AM
Hi guys

I really need help with my bm dresses, I let them pick and they all wanted similar ones. I just wanted your opinion on how well they went together.

http://www.partydressbyclaudette.com/welcome/images/stories/bridesmaid%20morilee.jpg
This is my moh dress
http://www.rayliadesigns.com/uploads/8665Z_D.jpg
http://www.rayliadesigns.com/uploads/8305Z_8307Z_D.jpg
and these are the bms (its the shorter one)

The bm will be in yellow with ivory sashes and the moh in ivory with a yellow sash, what do you think?

kayleighnik
08-13-2008, 08:46 AM
They'll look great together and I like the idea of having them the same colour with the MOH's being opposite! :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
08-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Hi

So I can't really do any planning until the 8 month mark, seeing as everything is going to be done by Disney. I'm not even having invites as a way to save money (my dress was VERY over budget!). I'm just getting very excited about being asked for room block info and stuff, as that shouldn't be too long. I know some brides have been asked before this point, but I dunno :confused3 I guess every coordinator works differently!

So, so far I have Randy Chapman booked, Officiant booked but not paid yet, and beaute speciale booked. As well as the flights and villa.

This is how I'm hoping the day will go

4:45pm - Arrive at wedding pavilion
5:00pm - Get married - Wooo Hoooo
6-6:30pm - Photo's with everyone
6:30pm - Pre reception/our photo's
7:30pm - Buffet/plated meal) still undecided
9:00pm - Dancing the night away til midnight hopefully!

What do you guys think? Are the times about right?
I am hoping to watch wishes as well from the patio, but I dunno what time its on in May.

So does anyone have any opinions on whether a buffett or plated meal would be best? I'm leaning more towards a buffet, as I think there would be more choice.

IndyBride
08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Hi guys

I really need help with my bm dresses, I let them pick and they all wanted similar ones. I just wanted your opinion on how well they went together.

I think they all look very nice together. They are similiar enough that it won't look like they just grabbed something out of their closet. Of course, I had my girls pick whatever they want too!! :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I think they all look very nice together. They are similiar enough that it won't look like they just grabbed something out of their closet. Of course, I had my girls pick whatever they want too!! :goodvibes

I wouldn't expect any different with your good taste!! :rotfl:

I just found this gorgeous pic, and I want my tables to look exactly like this
http://www.myweddingflowerideas.co.uk/wedding_table_idea/flower_arrangement_table_idea_4_e.jpg
Do you think if I show this pic to the disney florist they will be able to do it? I just think it looks beautiful with the candles and flowers.
I just wondered, because im getting married at 5, will it be quite dark for my reception? I want the candlelight to look really effective.
What do you guys think that the pearly stuff is at the bottom of the vases?

kayleighnik
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
The table setting is gorgeous! Not sure what the pearly stuff at the bottom is...could be those glass beads you can get? I'm sure Disney florist would be able to do it - they must be shown pictures all the time :thumbsup2

Apparantly, in May, the sun sets about 8:15pm.. :goodvibes

Kayleigh x

tiggerrifficheidi
08-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Great PJ! I love your latest centerpiece idea! It will be so simple and beautiful!

Pinkerbell1983
08-19-2008, 11:44 AM
The table setting is gorgeous! Not sure what the pearly stuff at the bottom is...could be those glass beads you can get? I'm sure Disney florist would be able to do it - they must be shown pictures all the time :thumbsup2

Apparantly, in May, the sun sets about 8:15pm.. :goodvibes

Kayleigh x

Thanks again Kayleigh!!! Your a star!!! What are you studying at uni again? All things to do with disney and florida? You know everything!!!! :thumbsup2

Great PJ! I love your latest centerpiece idea! It will be so simple and beautiful!

Hope so, thats the look i'm going for, simple and beautiful!

Pinkerbell1983
08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
I think I'm gonna have this dress in ivory for my flower girl
http://www.perfumeriver.co.uk/prodimages/large/SO7REDRL.jpg
She will be 22 months, and I think she's gonna wear wings and have a flower wand, because I doubt she will be old enough to understand where to throw rose petals, and I thought this way she could just wander around where she wanted, looking pretty! :cutie:

kayleighnik
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Your flower girl would look gorgeous in that dress! Its so cute! :goodvibes

Thanks again Kayleigh!!! Your a star!!! What are you studying at uni again? All things to do with disney and florida? You know everything!!!!

:hug: Thanks - anything to help! I'm gonna be studying Law - if there was a Disney/Florida course, I'd be the first to sign up! :thumbsup2

Pinkerbell1983
08-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Ha ha ha me too!!!:rotfl:

auntpunkin
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I thought I'd come over to your PJ for a visit...I love your table/centerpiece idea! That is going to be so classy! You are so much futher along than I am in chosing dresses. I haven't even looked at bridesmaid dresses but I really like the way your MOH and BM's are opposite. Your plans look beautiful so far!! :thumbsup2

As far as resort choices go, my favorite resort is the Wilderness Lodge. There is a boat launch directly to the Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom. The best part is the theming, it really feels like your in a luxury cottage on the lake. I've stayed at Carribean Beach also, I think they have the best food court area. I would stary there again, no problem!

I've taken a taxi from WL to the Poly, it was something like $7...the Poly and GF are really close to the WL. Taxi's are available everywhere, it's just a matter of how far your room is from the taxi stand. The All Star resorts are the furthest from where you want to be. I look here for resort photos: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/gallery.htm
and here's a pretty good overview of where everything is:
http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_Disney_World_Resorts/Walt_Disney_World_Map.jpg

My planning session should be right around your wedding date! I'm looking forward to hearing all of your plans, I'm sure they will help me with mine!! :cheer2:

Pinkerbell1983
08-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I thought I'd come over to your PJ for a visit...I love your table/centerpiece idea! That is going to be so classy! You are so much futher along than I am in chosing dresses. I haven't even looked at bridesmaid dresses but I really like the way your MOH and BM's are opposite. Your plans look beautiful so far!! :thumbsup2

As far as resort choices go, my favorite resort is the Wilderness Lodge. There is a boat launch directly to the Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom. The best part is the theming, it really feels like your in a luxury cottage on the lake. I've stayed at Carribean Beach also, I think they have the best food court area. I would stary there again, no problem!

I've taken a taxi from WL to the Poly, it was something like $7...the Poly and GF are really close to the WL. Taxi's are available everywhere, it's just a matter of how far your room is from the taxi stand. The All Star resorts are the furthest from where you want to be. I look here for resort photos: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/gallery.htm
and here's a pretty good overview of where everything is:
http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_Disney_World_Resorts/Walt_Disney_World_Map.jpg

My planning session should be right around your wedding date! I'm looking forward to hearing all of your plans, I'm sure they will help me with mine!! :cheer2:

Oh $7 is great, I don't think anyone would mind paying that!! and I'll definately take a look at the wilderness lodge, I hadn't really thought about staying there, but I guess it is close!

Pinkerbell1983
08-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Help!!!!!!!

I really don't know where to stay the night of the wedding, I was all on for the Grand Floridian but after checking out the photos, I'm not so sure how much I like it. It will be convienient to stay there since this is where the reception will be, but its no problem hiring a limo for us to stay somewhere else. I also want somewhere with biggish rooms, as thats where myself and 4 bridesmaids will be getting ready.

Any ideas???

PRPrincess1081
08-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Help!!!!!!!

I really don't know where to stay the night of the wedding, I was all on for the Grand Floridian but after checking out the photos, I'm not so sure how much I like it. It will be convienient to stay there since this is where the reception will be, but its no problem hiring a limo for us to stay somewhere else. I also want somewhere with biggish rooms, as thats where myself and 4 bridesmaids will be getting ready.

Any ideas???

I am staying at the disney contemporary - tower magic kingdom view its even on my contract so instead of a standard room I get the tower magic kingdom view woohoo :banana:

kayleighnik
08-22-2008, 11:15 AM
What about AKL or the Polynesian? I'm probably going to chose the Polynesian! :thumbsup2 The GF isn't really my kind of style...:goodvibes

tiggerrifficheidi
08-22-2008, 11:31 AM
We're going to do a Honeymoon Room at the GF, but for our Escape wedding in Jun, we stayed at the Villas at WL. Don't know if they'll comp you that night, but you can ask...or one of the other Villas. There's a spa bath!!!

Pinkerbell1983
08-23-2008, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup2

I think I'm gonna look at the Contemporary, Polynesian and WL as they are all close to the WP and we'd be able to get there in the limo.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from them?

tiggerrifficheidi, are the villa different and bigger than normal rooms?

I've just heard someone saying you can rent a ballroom out at the GF to get ready in, I may look into that as well, because then I don't have to worry about checking in early or anything either. Choices, choices...

tiggerrifficheidi
08-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the help guys! :thumbsup2

I think I'm gonna look at the Contemporary, Polynesian and WL as they are all close to the WP and we'd be able to get there in the limo.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from them?

tiggerrifficheidi, are the villa different and bigger than normal rooms?

I've just heard someone saying you can rent a ballroom out at the GF to get ready in, I may look into that as well, because then I don't have to worry about checking in early or anything either. Choices, choices...

We got ready in our room at the Villas at WL. We were able to walk from the villas through the main lodge of the WL (which was really fun in my dress!). The limo was at the front, and we were at the Poly for our wedding at Sunset Pointe in 5 minutes. It's super close.

The 1BR Villas are the only ones I've stayed in and they are bigger. They have a kitchen area, which was nice to store the extra cake for breakfast later on.:laughing: There is a living room with a couch and a chair. The bedroom is separate with a kingsize bed and the best part is a separate spa tub (that can fit two):love:

I know the studios don't have the spa tub, so bear that in mind. I thought there was plenty of room to get ready, but I don't recall how many folks you'll have in your room that day!

My DH also loved the fact that there is a washer and dryer! He's a bit of a clean freak :rolleyes1

Pinkerbell1983
08-24-2008, 06:26 AM
We got ready in our room at the Villas at WL. We were able to walk from the villas through the main lodge of the WL (which was really fun in my dress!). The limo was at the front, and we were at the Poly for our wedding at Sunset Pointe in 5 minutes. It's super close.

The 1BR Villas are the only ones I've stayed in and they are bigger. They have a kitchen area, which was nice to store the extra cake for breakfast later on.:laughing: There is a living room with a couch and a chair. The bedroom is separate with a kingsize bed and the best part is a separate spa tub (that can fit two):love:

I know the studios don't have the spa tub, so bear that in mind. I thought there was plenty of room to get ready, but I don't recall how many folks you'll have in your room that day!

My DH also loved the fact that there is a washer and dryer! He's a bit of a clean freak :rolleyes1
There will be myself, 3 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, my mum and probably my 3 year old nephew. Are the villa's loads more expensive and can you still use the 30% discount?

We're only gonna be there for that night so I don't wanna spend a mega amount on the hotel but I want somewhere nice to get ready.

My other option is to stay in the villa which is about half an hour away and get ready there, then hire a limo to take us to the pavilion? Does the disney limo come to non disney property?

linzwylie
08-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey there from another UK bride to be !!

Loving the plans so far.

We too are staying in villas off property. not sure if disney lets their limo come off property? if they dont we will hire a private car to bring us.

We have the contemporary booked for the night of the wedding and then the next night. The rooms are really nice.

Loving the yellow but then I would because that is also our colour ;)

Linz xxx :)

tiggerrifficheidi
08-24-2008, 01:08 PM
There will be myself, 3 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, my mum and probably my 3 year old nephew. Are the villa's loads more expensive and can you still use the 30% discount?

We're only gonna be there for that night so I don't wanna spend a mega amount on the hotel but I want somewhere nice to get ready.

My other option is to stay in the villa which is about half an hour away and get ready there, then hire a limo to take us to the pavilion? Does the disney limo come to non disney property?

It would be enough room to get ready. The bathroom is large with plenty of room to maneuver. I think it's only a 10% discount, though. In May, I believe they are quite a bit more expensive than some Deluxe, but check with your WP.

I would assume the limo would go off-property, but again, check with your WP. I think they contract them through Mears, though.

Pinkerbell1983
08-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey there from another UK bride to be !!

Loving the plans so far.

We too are staying in villas off property. not sure if disney lets their limo come off property? if they dont we will hire a private car to bring us.

We have the contemporary booked for the night of the wedding and then the next night. The rooms are really nice.

Loving the yellow but then I would because that is also our colour ;)

Which villa's are you staying in? We're in highlands reserve, we stayed there a few times before and love them!!!

I take it you'll be getting ready at your villa too then? I just emailed my coordinator and you can't check in rooms til 4pm so it looks like I'll be getting ready at the villa too.

Cool about both having yellow, its a bit unusual, I couldn't find ant other brides that have had yellow!

It would be enough room to get ready. The bathroom is large with plenty of room to maneuver. I think it's only a 10% discount, though. In May, I believe they are quite a bit more expensive than some Deluxe, but check with your WP.

I would assume the limo would go off-property, but again, check with your WP. I think they contract them through Mears, though.

I still kinda like the idea of staying at WL villa's, the idea is growing on me more and more!

keenercam
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow! Everything looks fabulous so far. LOVE the attendants' dresses and your choice for your flower girl is absolutely adorable! The inspiration picture for your tables is very romantic and beautiful -- I am sure that Disney Floral can pull off anything your heart desires as long as you can provide a picture or a really good description.
Good luck choosing where to stay. There are so many great options that it is really hard to choose. The DVC villas definitely have a lot of room and the W/D, kitchen & jacuzzi tub are all great features, but if it is just for the night before/getting ready, you should look into the square footage of each room to find which has the most. With all of the people you named, you couldn' t have them staying in a regular Disney resort room. With 6 people, you'd need 2 rooms. You may want to consider connecting rooms at one of the moderates if the villas are pricey.
Have fun planning! Looking forward to hearing more. :goodvibes

mel_ntu
08-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi Pinkerbell, another UK bride saying hello. I am in Doncaster so not far from you at all either!

You sound so organised!

We are trying to get everything sorted t get married in August next year but don't know where to start!!!

Are you having a wishes wedding? How are you doing your 25 days minimum nights? Only just noticed this on the website (doh!) but it shouldn't be a problem!

Do DVC members nights count? do you have to book them all at once or just let them know when you are ready to book?

Mel

Pinkerbell1983
08-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi Mel, I just got a job in doncaster!!!! Its only about 30 minutes form me, small world!

Yeah I'm doing a wishes, travelling all the way to florida to get married, thought I may as well have a big do!!! We are only providing 10 room nights and so are not being given the complimentary room night, but I'm not so bothered about this, because if we'd have had to have 25 I wouldn't have been able to have the wedding as all our guests are staying in villa's. I think I've read in other posts that DVC vouchers do count.

I'm not that organsied, I just have a very good big sister!!! It's so exciting planning a wedding, what are your plans so far?

keenercam, your right:thumbsup2 so I think I'm just gonna have to get ready at our offsite villa and then me and DH will stay somewhere disney the night of the wedding. That way we will have plenty of space for all of us

mel_ntu
08-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Hmmm, I read it as you had to have a minimum of 25 nights which threw me a bit.

Could def do 10 though.

How many are you having over for your wedding?

At the moment it looks like about 20 for ours which is a nice number I thought. Not too many but enough to have a good atmosphere, plus they are all party people so that obviously helps!!

I live and work in Doncaster, small world!

Mel

Pinkerbell1983
08-27-2008, 06:41 AM
Hmmm, I read it as you had to have a minimum of 25 nights which threw me a bit.

Could def do 10 though.

How many are you having over for your wedding?

At the moment it looks like about 20 for ours which is a nice number I thought. Not too many but enough to have a good atmosphere, plus they are all party people so that obviously helps!!

I live and work in Doncaster, small world!

Mel

We're having 24 to our wedding so 26 in total, I think its just a nice amount, your right. It does say 25 on the website, and, I too was really worried about it. But then I rang disney and they said they are alot more flexible now and 10 is fine as long as you don't mind not having the free night for yourself.

I think you should ring disney and ask them some questions and get the ball rolling, they are really helpful and you should be able to get pencilled in. Have you started a planning journal yet? Good luck:thumbsup2

mel_ntu
08-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Really not sure of our plans at the moment. We are luckilly going out in a few weeks so hoping to get that majority of it sorted then. Need to have more of an idea by then though!!

Definately want the WP, just not sure about the reception venue. Also not sure whether to have a dessert party as a pre wedding get together or as part of the day. Just seems a bit silly dragging everyone from the WP to the reception, then to the DP.

Not got anything else sorted. Other than who is in the bridal party. Need to go dress shopping soon. Planning on going when we get back from the states.

Mel

Pinkerbell1983
08-27-2008, 06:47 AM
ooooh dress shopping is the best!!!!!!!!!

You're so lucky to be going to florida soon, I'm so jealous :sad2: We went last sept and the weather was sooooo nice!!! I'm sure you'll be able to sort some things out while your there, check out venues and stuff and get some pics. Just seen on another post that your wanting to arrange to see someone, have you managed that yet?

mel_ntu
08-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Ooops, cross post. Yes have started a journal. Can't link, but it is called Mel & Lee so you should be able to find it.

Intended to call them last night but as usual, work got in the way. Football is on tonight so Lee will be on another planet so I am going to call them then.

He responds much easier to A/B options rather than having lots to choose from so I will hopefully narrow it all down and make my life easier :)

I am sooo bad at getting organised. Its surprising really because in work I am this superconfident/super organised person and I am so totally not like that at home!!!
My sister is a great help, she got married abroad herself so has some experience which will help.

Mel

adisneygal
08-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi, I followed you over from my PJ. Yes, my dress is the pompadour. And I almost went with a Justin Alexander so I adore your dress as well. I love Justin Alexander but the pompadour won out. Your flower girl dress is adorable!!!

Pinkerbell1983
08-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi, I followed you over from my PJ. Yes, my dress is the pompadour. And I almost went with a Justin Alexander so I adore your dress as well. I love Justin Alexander but the pompadour won out. Your flower girl dress is adorable!!!

The dresses are quite similar really aren't they, with the tulle at the bottom. I do think the ian stuart one will travel better because its creased already isn't it and thats how its supposed to be. Hmmmm, maybe I should've thought about that first.

adisneygal
08-28-2008, 09:04 AM
The dresses are quite similar really aren't they, with the tulle at the bottom. I do think the ian stuart one will travel better because its creased already isn't it and thats how its supposed to be. Hmmmm, maybe I should've thought about that first.

Your dress is very similiar to Ian Stuarts Lucia. Both are gorgeous! I think yours looks like it will travel well too. I just worry how I am gonna go to the bathroom in that huge dress...:rotfl:

Pinkerbell1983
09-01-2008, 03:56 AM
Your dress is very similiar to Ian Stuarts Lucia. Both are gorgeous! I think yours looks like it will travel well too. I just worry how I am gonna go to the bathroom in that huge dress...:rotfl:

That is what bridesmaids are for!!! :lmao:

Pinkerbell1983
09-01-2008, 04:15 AM
So, I'm still in the process of eagerly awaiting the 8 month mark and creating a room block etc. In the meantime I have picked out my BM dresses and I've just found some gorgeous jewellry for the day. Since my dress has some beading on top http://www.justinalexanderbridal.com/photos_big/8196_b1_061023230627.jpg I decided not to have a necklace and just wear some big earrings and a chunky bracelet. I usually wear big mismatched earrings so in keeping with that theme I found these http://www.asos.com/images/inv/B/1/12/4450/Silver/image1l.jpg but I kinda like these too http://images.asos.com/inv/N/1/12/257042/Silver/image1xl.jpg

What do you guys think? I haven't picked a bracelet yet, but I was thinking I wanted a thick silver one. Now, here is my dilema, my hair is in an inverted bob style http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v224/1369/115/n669065453_8436.jpg (this is me) and I don't think it will be long enough to wear up so what do I wear in my hair? I don't think I want a tiara but what else can I have in my hair?

DISNEY*lover
09-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Now, here is my dilema, my hair is in an inverted bob style
http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v224/1369/115/n669065453_8436.jpg
(this is me) and I don't think it will be long enough to wear up so what do I wear in my hair? I don't think I want a tiara but what else can I have in my hair?

You could do a flower in your hair. You could also google short hair dos for weddings and see what you get. ;)

scarlet-la-belle
09-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Your dress is lovley and those fairy ear rings :love: there BEAUTIFUL!

Scrap_Vamp
09-01-2008, 10:26 AM
I love those earrings - was considering buying the same ones for my hen night(s) as I'm going to have the pic from my avatar made into a T-shirt - I love Tink!

Pinkerbell1983
09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
You could do a flower in your hair. You could also google short hair dos for weddings and see what you get. ;)

Good idea, I'm on it!!! :thumbsup2

Your dress is lovley and those fairy ear rings :love: there BEAUTIFUL!

I love those earrings - was considering buying the same ones for my hen night(s) as I'm going to have the pic from my avatar made into a T-shirt - I love Tink!

So I guess the fairy earrings are prettier. I really like them and there so cheap, I can't go wrong, right?

kayleighnik
09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Definately love the fairy earrings!

You could have a headband, or some clips, flowers, or what about those hair jewel type thingys? :confused:

:goodvibes

BecBennett
09-01-2008, 08:02 PM
If you really wanted your hair up you could look into extensions or something like that... :confused3

I'm adding to the comments re: the flower girl dress. It's gorgeous! It would look too cute with wings and the like!

Scrap_Vamp
09-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Bec - I was considering wings for my flower girl too - glad someone els thinks it is a cute idea!

Pinkerbell1983
09-03-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm definately gonna get her some wings, she's so cute and angelic looking so I'm sure she'll look even more gorgeous!! :cutie:

I just had an email from Randy saying that we're all set for the day, but I was just wondering when I discuss what shots I want with him etc? When have other brides done this? Another question, I have him booked for 3 hours so when should I ask him to start? and does he count travelling time in the 3 hours because I'm staying half an hours drive away?

My last guest, one of my bridesmaids, has just booked her flight to Orlando, so thats everyone booked now!!!! :banana: We are all staying at the Highlands Reserve Villa's so that should be fun, I'm just hoping we all get villa's that are close by to each other.

Pinkerbell1983
09-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I just decided to have a dessert party, everyone else's pictures (especially jessesgirl's!!!), made it look so much fun and since everyone recommends it, I thought I'd give it a try! I never even thought of having a dessert party before because I wanted the reception not to end too early, but hopefully we will be viewing wishes and then going back into the Whitehall room for dancing!!! So excited!!! :yay:

Anyone by any chance know what time wishes is on in May?

Pinkerbell1983
09-06-2008, 04:53 AM
I just been told that its okay to do the dessert party at Sago Cay Pointe and the go back into the Whitehall for dancing :cool1: The dessert party id blocked from 8.30pm til 10.30pm as Wishes times are not released yet.

I'm so happy :goodvibes now I get to have a dessert party AND have a late ending reception!!! Just what I always wanted, Disney are GREAT!!!

Now I just need to research everything about dessert parties as I know nothing!!!!

I also have a few questions I hoped you guys could help me with.

1. How long does the actual wedding ceremony last (right up until exiting the WP)

2. How long are you guys estimating for photo's?

3. Can you serve no dessert at the actual dinner and have desserts at the dessert party?

4. Can you serve your cake as dessert?

Few, I think thats them all. Might post this on the main page as well to get alot of responses.

:thumbsup2

Scrap_Vamp
09-07-2008, 03:10 AM
That sounds like a great plan :D

I'm afraid I don't really know the answers to your questions, I know you can take your cake away for dessert if you're having a meal, but aside from that I don't know.

Pinkerbell1983
09-07-2008, 04:52 AM
Oh well thanks anyway!!! I'm now trying to change the time of my wedding to 2.30pm instead of 5pm, I just don't think I'll be able to fit things in if its at 5, so fingers crossed the wedding pavilion is still available. What do you think are the chances of it being booked up?

Pinkerbell1983
09-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Well I managed to change the time of my wedding to 2.30pm :cool1: but I'm waiting to hear back from Randy that he can still make this time. I still haven't heard anything about room blocks and STD's and I'm getting kinda worried, so I emailed my coordinator, but I'm still (impatiently) waiting to hear back :surfweb: Has anyone else had to wait so late for this info to arrive? I am only a week away from the 8 month mark, and I thought that the contract couldn't be processed until they had this info?

I also have decided that all my BM are gonna have the same dress, it will be this one but in yellow with an ivory sash
http://www.partydressbyclaudette.com/welcome/images/stories/bridesmaid%20morilee.jpg

I'm really stressing and panicking about this room block stuff, I just don't want a convention or anything to get my date :sad1:

Scrap_Vamp
09-10-2008, 02:10 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress too much about it.

I love that dress - the skirt is similar to the style I'm having made for my BMs, with a bodice top. I love the floaty knee length look!

PRPrincess1081
09-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Well I managed to change the time of my wedding to 2.30pm :cool1: but I'm waiting to hear back from Randy that he can still make this time. I still haven't heard anything about room blocks and STD's and I'm getting kinda worried, so I emailed my coordinator, but I'm still (impatiently) waiting to hear back :surfweb: Has anyone else had to wait so late for this info to arrive? I am only a week away from the 8 month mark, and I thought that the contract couldn't be processed until they had this info?

I also have decided that all my BM are gonna have the same dress, it will be this one but in yellow with an ivory sash

I'm really stressing and panicking about this room block stuff, I just don't want a convention or anything to get my date :sad1:

I got all that information when I called to book the wedding - thats strange that you still have gotten it and your only a week away from getting the contract. They do need that information for the contract as they put the dates and resorts you selected to reserve for your guest.

Pinkerbell1983
09-11-2008, 03:57 AM
{{{{hugs}}}} I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress too much about it.

I love that dress - the skirt is similar to the style I'm having made for my BMs, with a bodice top. I love the floaty knee length look!

Thanks. I think I'm gonna go for all three in that dress.

I got all that information when I called to book the wedding - thats strange that you still have gotten it and your only a week away from getting the contract. They do need that information for the contract as they put the dates and resorts you selected to reserve for your guest.

When did you call, how long before was is? I'm getting really worried :confused3 I think I'm gonna give them a call today or tommorrow.

scarlet-la-belle
09-11-2008, 03:59 AM

Your BM dress is so cute they'll look like little dolls :cutie:

Pinkerbell1983
09-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Your BM dress is so cute they'll look like little dolls :cutie:

:) Thanks. Wish me look for ringing Disney later

scarlet-la-belle
09-11-2008, 05:22 AM
:) Thanks. Wish me look for ringing Disney later
:tinker:
GOOD LUCK :cheer2:

PRPrincess1081
09-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Thanks. I think I'm gonna go for all three in that dress.

When did you call, how long before was is? I'm getting really worried :confused3 I think I'm gonna give them a call today or tommorrow.

I called in July and my 8 months was not til end of August - but I got everything I needed in July.

Who are you dealing with?

Pinkerbell1983
09-11-2008, 06:52 AM
I called in July and my 8 months was not til end of August - but I got everything I needed in July.

Who are you dealing with?

I'm dealing with Bill Barchik, he's been great really for putting up with my millions of questions! I emailed him about 4 weeks ago saying when would I have to sort room block etc out, and he said it would be in Sept, but I still haven't heard anything and I have a week left! :confused: I'm getting real worried :sad1: I need to have the room block sorted before the contract can be sent, right?

meryll83
09-11-2008, 07:31 AM
If you're worried, I would email him again or ring him today, don't stew yourself over it! :hug:

PRPrincess1081
09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm dealing with Bill Barchik, he's been great really for putting up with my millions of questions! I emailed him about 4 weeks ago saying when would I have to sort room block etc out, and he said it would be in Sept, but I still haven't heard anything and I have a week left! :confused: I'm getting real worried :sad1: I need to have the room block sorted before the contract can be sent, right?

I'm dealing with Joe Demate.

That is correct they need that info to add it into your contract.
Does your person have an assistant you can talk to?

Pinkerbell1983
09-11-2008, 08:36 AM
I got the room block etc stuff!! and I didn't even have to ring!!! I'm so excited, I feel like it's all happening now!!!!!! :banana: :dance3: :cool1: :jumping1:

Scrap_Vamp
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
That's great news, glad you're able to put your mind at rest!

pixie08
09-11-2008, 02:46 PM
That is great news!

Pinkerbell1983
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
That's great news, glad you're able to put your mind at rest!

That is great news!

Thank you ladies! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited now, I can't wait to sign the contract and be assigned a planner. I sent all the room block info back last night so hopefully we'll be able to sign the contract next thursday, which will be exactly 8 months out. And then, I gotta wait for a planner. Anyone know roughly how long this takes?

Pinkerbell1983
09-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Ok. so I have been doing some lurking around on wedding site and what not, and found these shoes, now I need opinions on which you prefer. I originally wanted a pair of Gina shoes, but they're so expensive, and not much different from these really.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8941/shoe1sd6.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/241/shoe2uu2.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/8314/shoe3vf8.jpg

So, which do you prefer? Do you think I will have to take my shoes off for photo's on the beach?

dawrobin
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
#2!!!

Scrap_Vamp
09-13-2008, 03:33 AM
I was originally going to go for similar to number 3 but decided they wouldn't be very stable if I was nervous and wobbly!

I agree with number 2 as they will give you more support. Also, take a look in Barratts - I got my shoes in there in the end, from their wedding range, and they only cost £30!!

Pinkerbell1983
09-13-2008, 04:30 AM
I was originally going to go for similar to number 3 but decided they wouldn't be very stable if I was nervous and wobbly!

I agree with number 2 as they will give you more support. Also, take a look in Barratts - I got my shoes in there in the end, from their wedding range, and they only cost £30!!

Thanks, I'll have a look there. I think I like number 1 and 2 the best, there only from Faith, not very expensive at all. In fact, two pairs are in the sale, so if I decide and buy now, I'll get like half off!

Scrap_Vamp
09-13-2008, 01:28 PM
You gotta love the sales - the only positive thing to come out of the credit crunch!

DisneyBrideToni
09-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I LOVE the second shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DISNEY*lover
09-13-2008, 06:19 PM
I love the 1st pair! :lovestruc

auntpunkin
09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Just checking in! I love all your shoe choices! I'd pick #2. My fiance and I are so close in height that I'm going to have to wear flat shoes :sad1: , I wish I could wear something like your looking at!

jessesgirl-080708
09-16-2008, 08:18 PM
hey girl!
So if you really wanted to have the cylinders.. we used them on whitehall patio and I loved them..
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn290/jessesgirl-080708/100_8396.jpg
After the reception at Whitehall they transfered them to Sago Cay as the centerpieces there.. it was worth every penny! They also had little lights in them so it looked really good for the DP!

Pinkerbell1983
09-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone

Sorry its been a few days, I just started work last monday and I'm exhausted by now. Only one more day to go til I can have a rest!
So I think I'll be taking a trip to a shopping center to buy shoe #2 on Saturday, seeing as that is the concensus!

Jessesgirl, I think I may have the cylinders with lights in for the DP, I really like yours. Do you mind me asking how much they were? I'm gonna have to have two sets really because I need to keep some at the Whitehall room as we will be going back there after. I was thinking the cylinders or some kind of lantern? I think Disney does like a paper lantern or something for quite cheap? :confused3

So, I'm today exactly 8 months out :cool1: so I just gotta wait for my contract now. I'm thinking it'll be next week when I get THE email. Has anyone else had to wait long past the 8 month mark?

PRPrincess1081
09-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone

Sorry its been a few days, I just started work last monday and I'm exhausted by now. Only one more day to go til I can have a rest!
So I think I'll be taking a trip to a shopping center to buy shoe #2 on Saturday, seeing as that is the concensus!

Jessesgirl, I think I may have the cylinders with lights in for the DP, I really like yours. Do you mind me asking how much they were? I'm gonna have to have two sets really because I need to keep some at the Whitehall room as we will be going back there after. I was thinking the cylinders or some kind of lantern? I think Disney does like a paper lantern or something for quite cheap? :confused3

So, I'm today exactly 8 months out :cool1: so I just gotta wait for my contract now. I'm thinking it'll be next week when I get THE email. Has anyone else had to wait long past the 8 month mark?

I got mine to the day of the 8 month mark!

Pinkerbell1983
09-19-2008, 10:51 AM
I got mine to the day of the 8 month mark!

Hmmm lucky you, I'm not jealous at all :lmao: :sad1: I want mine! I'm being so impatient! I check my email every 3 minutes! :)

jessesgirl-080708
09-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I think the cylinders wre 8.25 a piece.. i'm not sure.. all my paperwork is at my moms house.. iI'll check for you

they do paper lanters.. but uh.. its a paper bad with a battery candle inside.. and they were 6 dollars.. so for 2 dollars more the cylinders were worth it!

They also have lanterns they can hang around the edging to the patio at whitehall.. but we just used the cylinders since we were transfering them..

I'll check for you.. I may have pictures of it all that Disney sent me.. I'll check next time I am at my moms

Pinkerbell1983
09-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I think the cylinders wre 8.25 a piece.. i'm not sure.. all my paperwork is at my moms house.. iI'll check for you

they do paper lanters.. but uh.. its a paper bad with a battery candle inside.. and they were 6 dollars.. so for 2 dollars more the cylinders were worth it!

They also have lanterns they can hang around the edging to the patio at whitehall.. but we just used the cylinders since we were transfering them..

I'll check for you.. I may have pictures of it all that Disney sent me.. I'll check next time I am at my moms

Thanks that's really kind of you! :thumbsup2 I like the cylinders but I don't want a bright colored gel, can you have clear gel in? or water maybe? So you recommened the cylinders rather than the paper lanterns? I'm looking forward to seeing what the lanterns look like that can be hung outside the whitehall.

Anyway, I'm *still* waiting for my contract! :surfweb: :sad1: It feels like I'll never get there. It will be two weeks on thurs since I sent in my room block info, so if I've not heard anything by then I think I'll email my coordinator. I just feel like everyone else is ahead of me, and I want to make it proper official now!

camara381
09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
the cylinders with clear gel would look cute!!! I'm sorry you haven't received your contract yet, hopefully it'll come real soon!:wizard: Mine didn't take that long. One week to receive it, I fedexed it on Friday and got a call today that it had already been processed.

bridetobe789
09-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Just jumping in.. I love your dress its gorgeous!! Definitely loving the choice on shoe number 2. I hope you get everything all settled and all with the contract its always a good feeling!

Pinkerbell1983
09-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Just jumping in.. I love your dress its gorgeous!! Definitely loving the choice on shoe number 2. I hope you get everything all settled and all with the contract its always a good feeling!

Thank you very much!

Well after much stressing and worrying and many many emails and phone calls to Disney, I have the LOA sent off. I had to get it there by yesterday so I had to fax it, and I've not yet paid my deposit, gonna do it over the weekend. So, I guess thats it! Just gotta wait two weeks for my planner! :banana:

padisneyfour
09-27-2008, 07:02 AM
congrats on sending the contract.... :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
10-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Phew, so I finally got my contract faxed through and luckily I was able to fax the payment as well. I got an email from someone at Disney that day saying they had recieved it and now I just have to wait for my planner to email me back :yay: She said it would be 1-2 weeks, is this usually right? I'm so glad the contract is all signed, now I can finally relax and start enjoying wedding planning. I also am having the new STD's so my guests won't get them unitl late October.

I've also FINALLY after much undecisiveness picked my bridesmaid dresses. Here they are...
http://www.bestbridalprices.com/mori-lee/763/img0.jpghttp://www.bestbridalprices.com/mori-lee/732/img0.jpg
and my MOH will be in this one
http://www.bestbridalprices.com/mori-lee/735/img0.jpg
They will all be in light yellow. I wanted three different dresses but all in the same material and colour and I finally managed to find some that my bridesmaids liked. I'm gonna order them this weekend before I change my mind again!

A also created a wedding website as the one Disney gives is very basic.
http://carolineandmatthew.weddingpath.co.uk/358105

keenercam
10-03-2008, 04:59 AM
congrats on the contract & deposit! :banana: Those dresses are GORGEOUS!!!

Scrap_Vamp
10-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Yay on the contract and deposit! Those dresses are gorgeous - very floaty and light - I can imagine they will look great in light yellow.

camara381
10-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Love the dresses, they are really cute!!! The website is fabulous!!!!

Pinkerbell1983
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
congrats on the contract & deposit! :banana: Those dresses are GORGEOUS!!!

Yay on the contract and deposit! Those dresses are gorgeous - very floaty and light - I can imagine they will look great in light yellow.

Love the dresses, they are really cute!!! The website is fabulous!!!!

Thank you :thumbsup2 The dresses are really pretty aren't they, I can't wait to get them and have the BM's try them on!

I got my planner!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: It's Meri Williamson. I'm so excited!

Pinkerbell1983
10-22-2008, 11:24 AM
So, I have now recieved all the planning documents and cake CD's and stuff. I had known for ages what cake I wanted, but it only comes in a three tier and I only need two. Anyway I emailed Meri and she said that they can do the cake in a two tier :cool1: Its the Mickey Wave cake with the castle topper. I'm also gonna put some of those glittery letters on it.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/ronnieronjon/DisneyCakes/MickeyWave-SmallSilver.jpg
I also really want some of these "I do" letters, any idea on where to get them?
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/katiejdavid/OurWedding094-1.jpg
I just need to decide now what transport, food, drinks and everything else I want. Choices, choices...
I have decided what bouquet I want though, I'm gonna have a huge round bouquet of lemon roses and cream stephanotis, with those diamante's in the middle. My bm's will just have a smaller bouquet of lemon and ivory roses.

trudy88
10-23-2008, 06:25 AM
The flowers sound beautiful.... I can just picture them!
trudy <><

B2B-2008
10-31-2008, 01:02 PM
I just found your PJ, we will be at WDW at the same time!

We had that cake in a two tier, I was also really worried that they wouldn't let us have it as a two and I sent a really long email to my planner voicing my concerns on wasting so much cake but thankfully they let us have the two.

Pinkerbell1983
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I just found your PJ, we will be at WDW at the same time!

We had that cake in a two tier, I was also really worried that they wouldn't let us have it as a two and I sent a really long email to my planner voicing my concerns on wasting so much cake but thankfully they let us have the two.

Yeah I saw yours on your TR, and that's why I asked for the two tier! Meri, my planner, says it is fine. I'm just worried now that it won't be enough. There will be 26 of us all together and I'm serving the cake at the DP, so I'll have to make sure I am at the front of the queue!

orangetiggs
11-02-2008, 01:09 PM
we had meri, she was fantastic, our wedding went off without a hitch

B2B-2008
11-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah I saw yours on your TR, and that's why I asked for the two tier! Meri, my planner, says it is fine. I'm just worried now that it won't be enough. There will be 26 of us all together and I'm serving the cake at the DP, so I'll have to make sure I am at the front of the queue!

I'm sure it will be enough they would tell you if it wouldn't be. We had ours as dessert with ice cream. I never saw how much cake was left over as our guests took it back to their hotel but they said there was so much it wouldn't fit in the fridge and they had to give it to other hotel guests, there was only 12 of us though.

orangetiggs
11-03-2008, 02:47 AM
we had a two tier mad hatter and they cut the bottom layer into 18 pieces and some were huge, like 2/3 portions!

We took the whole of the top layer back to the hotel to eat over the next week!

Pinkerbell1983
11-03-2008, 12:00 PM
we had meri, she was fantastic, our wedding went off without a hitch

Oh that's good to know! Your wedding was so beautiful as well, I hope she does as good of a job on ours! She seems really nice so far and always really promptly answers my emails. I have my phone planning session next week, so I'm looking forward to talking to her and sharing my idea's!

I'm sure it will be enough they would tell you if it wouldn't be. We had ours as dessert with ice cream. I never saw how much cake was left over as our guests took it back to their hotel but they said there was so much it wouldn't fit in the fridge and they had to give it to other hotel guests, there was only 12 of us though.

we had a two tier mad hatter and they cut the bottom layer into 18 pieces and some were huge, like 2/3 portions!

We took the whole of the top layer back to the hotel to eat over the next week!

I wanna take some back to eat, I love American cakes and I want to be able to eat as much as possible!

linzwylie
11-13-2008, 02:34 PM
I wanna take some back to eat, I love American cakes and I want to be able to eat as much as possible!

My sentiments exactly !

Pinkerbell1983
11-13-2008, 04:42 PM
My sentiments exactly !

:lmao: You'll be pleased to know that we are having 25 guests and Meri still said that we could take the top layer home with us! Well to the villa anyway, it won't get much further than the next day I expect, we'll probably have everyone round at ours trying to pinch it!

Pinkerbell1983
11-14-2008, 04:23 AM
Well the other day I had my over the phone floral and planning session. I was sooo excited even though I wasn't even visiting Disney! I loved talking to Meri and Elizabeth, they were so nice and really listened to what I wanted and didn't try to push anything I didn't.

The only things we still have to decide are food we're eating and give Meri the songs we'd like at the WP. We know we want to have a buffet, but can't decide what food, I was sort of thinking of 3 stations, an Asian station (my fave food!), a Mediterranean station (for my family) and an American station (for DF's). We did pick what food we wanted at the DP though, we've asked for tiramisu, Mickey crispie buns, brownie's, key lime tart and cheese and crackers. I originally wanted to serve my wedding cake but Meri said that it would have to be kept outside, and would probably melt and bubble. So we'll be having cake as dessert as well as the DP.

We are going with the limo (not Cindy's coach! :sad1: ) to save on cost's, and we're having it for 4 hours, to pick us up from our villa's and then ferry us back and forth from the GF to the WP.

For personal floral we are only having my bouquet and my bridesmaids. DF wants him and the groomsmen to having a yellow hanky in their pocket rather than a boutoneire, and we won't be having corsages or anything. My bouquet is gonna look like this
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/marymerges/wedding/MD18906-22-07.jpg
(thanks to Mary!:thumbsup2 ) but with just roses and stephanotis, the roses will be a pastel yellow colour. I told her I wanted it BIG! My bridesmaids are having the same but with pastel yellow and ivory roses and maybe a bit smaller, as my MOH is tiny! Me and the BM are also gonna do a single rose in our hair at the side, something like this I think
http://www.sanfranciscoweddingflowers.com/winter-wedding-flower/flowers-bride-hair.jpg
I'm just worried about them wilting in the heat, I really need to ask Elizabeth about that.
Anyway, in the WP we are having tulle swagging gown the aisle, and rose petals and votive candles in the alter. Along with the table centerpeices and the unity candle. We're not doing any other WP decor because I think it's really pretty on its own, and we're not gonna be in there for that long.
For the tables on the patio at the Whitehall room we are doing ivory linens and then the cylinders with a floating candle and rose petals.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:4ZiXWfHYAYCHmM:http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/05/Floating_wedding_candles.jpg
Indoors we are having three round tables as well as our sweetheart table, and Elizabeth is gonna replicate this design
http://www.myweddingflowerideas.co.uk/wedding_table_idea/flower_arrangement_table_idea_4_e.jpg
because I absolutely *love* it, and want it to be exactly the same! We are doing ivory sparkly table linens, can't actually remember what they're called :confused: and the chivalri (sp?) chairs with a chiffon bow. We are also having these chairs on the patio and at the DP. For the DP we are having these little lamps
http://disneyweddings.go.com/images/wed/cus/rec/table/romantic5.jpg which are $10 so not bad really!
And I think that's it, just got to wait for my BEO now which will probably be about $30,000 and I'll have to take all my pretty things out! Just got to pick stationary and other stuff like that.

keenercam
11-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Caroline -- I love all your food and floral ideas! :thumbsup2 Those lamps are beautiful for the DP! I am so glad your phone PS went so well! :goodvibes

linzwylie
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Everything sounds great !

I think I will go along the same route - pick all of the things I would love and then wait for the BEO when I will discard the things that aren't that important.

Just out of interest , how much is the tulle swagging in the WP?

B2B-2008
11-14-2008, 11:47 AM
I did the same I loaded up everything in our planning session and then cut out the things that we didn't really need or talked my DH into them being really important to our wedding day, the chair covers for example :rotfl2:

Pinkerbell1983
11-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Caroline -- I love all your food and floral ideas! :thumbsup2 Those lamps are beautiful for the DP! I am so glad your phone PS went so well! :goodvibes

Thanks, I love the lamps too. I can't believe they are only $10, I'm thinking about having them at the pre-reception too if the cylinders are alot more.

Everything sounds great !

I think I will go along the same route - pick all of the things I would love and then wait for the BEO when I will discard the things that aren't that important.

Just out of interest , how much is the tulle swagging in the WP?

Yeah, I'm hoping it's not too much over the $10,000 and then I may be able to get DF to let me keep everything, I've got a feeling that my table decor is gonna cost a fortune, but I love flowers and stuff and I really wanna keep it as it is!

I didn't ask about the swagging :confused3 for some reason. On the wishbook it says $150 but I don't know if that's for both sides or what. I'll let you know when I get my BEO. Or you could let me know when you have your PS. :thumbsup2

I did the same I loaded up everything in our planning session and then cut out the things that we didn't really need or talked my DH into them being really important to our wedding day, the chair covers for example :rotfl2:

:lmao: fortunately for me, DF has picked the chilvari chairs so he can't chunter at me about those... just everything else! I think I'm gonna try and choose a fairly inexpensive menu, that way I can keep all my decor and stuff.

bridetobe789
11-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Great ideas from your planning session/floral!! Keep us updated on the food I love to hear what everyone is serving! did you look at the menu ideas on www.******************** ?

Pinkerbell1983
11-17-2008, 06:17 AM
I did look at those, then I ended up with too many choices and got all confused! :)

So, I have kinda picked a menu, it's gonna be a buffet and I don't know if I've picked too much food or not so here it is. Let me know if you think it's too much, I want to keep it around $100pp. I am having the anti-pasto for the pre-reception and not doing dessert because we are having the DP.

-Mushroom filled pasta with vegetable-sherry broth, leeks, red peppers and gruyere (veg)

-Pan-seared crab cakes with lemon-dill creme

-Caesar salad with parmesan and croutons (veg)

-Olive oil grilled vegetables (veg)

-Parmesan-crusted chicken breast with basil mashed potatoes and mushroom cream

-Creamy parmesan and goats cheese risotto topped with gremolata (veg)

-Mahi Mahi steamed in banana leaves with mango salsa

-New York strip steak with Merlot and black pepper reduction, balsamic crimini mushrooms and roasted shallots.

-Fingerling potatoes

-Sourdough rolls and rustic breads

Has anyone tried this food, any opinions on how it tastes etc?

DisneyBrideToni
11-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Your menu sounds yummy.

I tasted the Crab cakes with lemon dill sauce and they were incredible!!!! The sauce really makes them taste great!!! I am crazy about crab cakes and they were the best I have had.

The Parm crusted chicken you selected I tasted also and it was so good!!!!

I tasted the Mahi Mahi but with a vanilla bean sauce which was excellent. I don't like fish but I actually really liked it. It wasn't super fishy tasting. It was a very subtle taste. I liked it alot!

B2B-2008
11-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Do you want to keep it $100pp including the pre-reception food?

I'm sure our dinner was only $80 person.

I had the Parmesan-crusted chicken, photo in my TR, it was fantastic like all our food.

linzwylie
11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
We are tasting the Mahi Mahi steamed in banana leaves with mango salsa on our planning trip, I think we probably are tasting other stuff that you have chosen aswell but I can't actually remember what we have picked to taste :rotfl:

Will let you know what its like !

Pinkerbell1983
11-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Your menu sounds yummy.

I tasted the Crab cakes with lemon dill sauce and they were incredible!!!! The sauce really makes them taste great!!! I am crazy about crab cakes and they were the best I have had.

The Parm crusted chicken you selected I tasted also and it was so good!!!!

I tasted the Mahi Mahi but with a vanilla bean sauce which was excellent. I don't like fish but I actually really liked it. It wasn't super fishy tasting. It was a very subtle taste. I liked it alot!

Great to know the food's gonna be good! It's so hard to know what to pick when you haven't actually tasted any, so its good to hear other people's opinions.

Do you want to keep it $100pp including the pre-reception food?

I'm sure our dinner was only $80 person.

I had the Parmesan-crusted chicken, photo in my TR, it was fantastic like all our food.

I would like to keep it at $100 with the pre-reception which is $14, but I wouldn't be totally upset if just the main meal was $100pp. I just seem to have loads of food! I'll take a look at your TR to see pics of your food.

We are tasting the Mahi Mahi steamed in banana leaves with mango salsa on our planning trip, I think we probably are tasting other stuff that you have chosen aswell but I can't actually remember what we have picked to taste :rotfl:

Will let you know what its like !

Pinkerbell1983
11-25-2008, 11:55 AM
OMG I got my floral BEO back... it's $4238!!!

Kinda what I was expecting really, but not what I wanted!!! The problem is there isn't really anything on it that I want to take out. I have to wait for my other BEO now, then I can see if I really need to!

Pinkerbell1983
11-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Ceremony

-Round French bouquet of pale yellow roses and white stephanotis (14) with swarovski crystals in pearl and clear, and 4 Mickey's. Wrap stems 75% with ivory ribbon and accent with crystals - $329

-3 x round french bouquet of yellow and ivory roses with accents of white stephanotis (7) with crystals and pearls. Wrap stems 75% with ivory ribbon-3 x $166 = $498

-Flowers wand with pale yellow rose - $45

-Unity candle - $65

-Memorial candle - $35

-9 votive's in altar - $40.50

-Yellow roses petals on altar - $20

-Sway ivory tulle on pews - $150

-Use centerpieces as altar dispaly

-Staged Exit - Ivory cones with yellow rose petals - $143

Pre-reception

-4 x 9" cylinder vase filled half way with water with petals and floating candle - 4 x $8.25 = $33

-Resort to provide ivory linens

-Pale yellow roses for guest book - $12.50

-8 Chiavari chairs @ $12.75 each with sash @ $4.50 = $138

-Chiavari chair delivery fee - $215

Reception

-3 x 7" chunky cylinder vases with water and clear marbles at bottom. Float one pale yellow rose bloom. Place on top of each cylinder one 8" pale yellow rose pomander. 3 x $235 = $705 (one per table)

-6" chunky cylinder vase with water and clear marbles at bottom. Float one pale yellow rose bloom. Place on top of cylinder one 4" pale yellow rose pomander. Place on sweetheart table - $115

-3 votive candle on each table and sweetheart table - 12 x $2.50 = $30

-Sprinkle rose petals on each table - $50

-Place 4 crackled glass votive cups on each table filled half way with water with pale yellow rose bloom. 16 x $5 = $80

-25 sliver matt charger plates. 25 x $6 = $150

-25 chiavari chairs with sash. 25 x $17.25 = $431

-4 x 90 x 90 ivory pixie dust overlays. 4 x $37.50 = $150

-Yellow satin ribbon tie on napkins. 25 x $2 = $50

-Heavily scatter cake table with yellow rose petals - $50

-3 votive's on cake table - $7.50

Dessert Party

-8 chiavari chairs with sash - $140

-Delivery fee - $65

-4 sliver beaded lamps - $60

-Move fee $25

-FL tax - $220

TOTAL -$4000

I think I may need some help to cut things out. Maybe the sash's on the chairs and maybe the tulle swagging at the WP. Although I'm not sure, What do you think?

B2B-2008
11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
What about doing the following to cut costs.

Could you remove the bridesmaids flowers and give them all the wands? This is something I did to cut the cost.

Sway ivory tulle on pews - Is this something you really need/want? I only had a unity arrangement in the WP as I think it is stunning as it is.

I didn't order any pre-reception flowers on my tables but the GF did put a single rose in a vase on the tables at no cost to me. I didn't think anyone would notice if we didn't have flowers on those tables.

I also wouldn't bother with the chairs in the pre-reception just use theirs, I personally think the dinner table chairs are more important.

Will post more later my dinner is now ready!

lpizzuro123
11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
I agree with B2B-2008 and use the Floral Wands for your girls. I did this for my three and they just loved them.

Not sure what Unity Candle you are referring to but if it is the Mickey one that Disney sells just let me let you know that it is huge. We were considering it but when we saw how large it was we decided to get our own and bring it down.

I don't remember where your pre-reception is but why not cut out the special chairs there.

I would get rid of the charger plates and the special chairs at the dessert party also.

Linda

adisneygal
11-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Can you cut BM's floral down? I am doing wands with 3 roses for $36.

I think you could cut out the tulle and it would still be pretty.

And maybe the prereception stuff as well?

And the Dessert party stuff, I went to a site visit and saw the setup with just table clothes and cylinders and it was really, really nice just like that.

It all sounds really beautiful but I think it will still be beautiful if you trim it down a little.

B2B-2008
11-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I also agree with Linda the unity candle is huge but we got it and love it.

Staged Exit - I cut out the cones and used the basket with petals.

Charger plates - I love these but just to let you know they took ours away with the starter.

Chairs - would normal chairs with covers be cheaper?

Do you really need the pixie dust overlays?

I would also use the Epcot chairs at the dessert party.

What you need to decided it what is most important to you. But Disney Floral will be happy to help you cut down the costs if it is something you really need and want to do.

HTH

Pinkerbell1983
11-28-2008, 08:27 AM
-

Pinkerbell1983
12-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Well I've changed some things and cut some things out and my floral is now $3100, not great but a lot better. I cut out the tulle swagging, asked my bm bouquets to only cost $100 (I figure they will be a bit smaller), changed to chair covers with a bow (great tip :thumbsup2 ) as this cut out delivery fee and per chair was cheaper. I'm also gonna change to baskets with petals for the staged exit, so this will save me another $100. I'll wait until I get my other BEO back and then, take out more if needed. :sad2:

I'm really stressed at the moment because of money, we are getting help from our parents but are putting any extra to it ourselves, with the cost of the holiday and spending money as well we are looking at £15,000 ($22,000) which is a lot to save up really. I only graduated form uni in sept so we have only been saving since then, and we would have been alright if the exchange rate hadn't affected us so much. I wanted to be adding things on (like cindy's coach) not taking things off! I just don't know what to do... half of me (including DF) says its your dream wedding have what you want, and the other half says don't get into debt by spending loads on it! What did you guys do? Spend or save? We'd probably be alright after the wedding as DF gets a big bonus in July and we wouldn't have anything else to save for so would be alot better off... :confused3

On a happier note... my dress gets in next month :cool1: I'm so looking forward to it! And me and my bm's and my mum are going bm dress shopping in Manchester in Feb so I have some things to look forward to! Oh... and Christmas!

keenercam
12-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Caroline -- As a person who is finally having her dream wedding after 24+ years of marriage, I think you should do the wedding the way you want, as long as it doesn't put a lot of financial stress on you both as you are just starting out. I know I should be the voice of reason, and really, when all is said and done, all that matters at the end of the day is that you are married. But, it would be a shame for you to always regret not having your dream Disney wedding. Sending you :hug: and pixiedust:

orangetiggs
12-08-2008, 09:24 AM
dont worry about the money, things will be fine, we saved up for our wedding all on our own with no help whatso ever, ok i lost the carriage but i had the landau coach and it was lovely and $1000 cheaper. there are loads of ways to cut back and still have the wedding of your dreams, we did ours for $12000 and we didnt miss anything

alissa2008
12-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Just catching up with your PJ! Everything looks great! I'm loving your gown!! :lovestruc Are you worried about having your BMs in ivory? Seems really close to white for my tastes--- but I bet it looks smashing!

Also, have you thought about making your own BM bouquets? My mom made mine and they turned out great! We even get to reuse them for our at home reception... saved a ton on floral. She made the boutonnieres as well...just a thought. Not sure how DIY you are...

linzwylie
12-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Your doing well so far with cutting the floral down !

What are cracked votive holders??

I totally forgot to ask about decor for the cake or guest book table? You would think they would have mentioned it?

Oh well looks like I'm going to be adding before I even get my BEO !!! Wouldn't be like me ;)

Pinkerbell1983
12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Caroline -- As a person who is finally having her dream wedding after 24+ years of marriage, I think you should do the wedding the way you want, as long as it doesn't put a lot of financial stress on you both as you are just starting out. I know I should be the voice of reason, and really, when all is said and done, all that matters at the end of the day is that you are married. But, it would be a shame for you to always regret not having your dream Disney wedding. Sending you :hug: and pixiedust:

dont worry about the money, things will be fine, we saved up for our wedding all on our own with no help whatso ever, ok i lost the carriage but i had the landau coach and it was lovely and $1000 cheaper. there are loads of ways to cut back and still have the wedding of your dreams, we did ours for $12000 and we didnt miss anything

Thanks guys :cutie: You are both right, you only get one wedding, ah? So I'm gonna try and compromise and have most of the things I want without spending a fortune. I'm not gonna cut back on anything that I really really want because I think I'll only regret it later. Sarah, I'm gonna re check your BEO :thumbsup2

Just catching up with your PJ! Everything looks great! I'm loving your gown!! :lovestruc Are you worried about having your BMs in ivory? Seems really close to white for my tastes--- but I bet it looks smashing!

Also, have you thought about making your own BM bouquets? My mom made mine and they turned out great! We even get to reuse them for our at home reception... saved a ton on floral. She made the boutonnieres as well...just a thought. Not sure how DIY you are...

Hi
I wasn't worried about ivory bm dresses, my dress is ivory too. But mu mum was and somehow convinced me that it wouldn't stand out on pics so not to have it. So we are now back to yellow, which is what I wanted anyway and we are gonna wait for the shops to get their spring stuff in before we shop for them.
As for making the bm bouquets? I am the least DIY person ever! :rotfl: They would look rubbish if I attemped them! And I really wanted all real flowers. I'm alot happier now they are down to $100 each, because they don't seem to have anything less in them.
Your doing well so far with cutting the floral down !

What are cracked votive holders??

I totally forgot to ask about decor for the cake or guest book table? You would think they would have mentioned it?

Oh well looks like I'm going to be adding before I even get my BEO !!! Wouldn't be like me ;)

I am doing well but thats because I soooo much to cut out :lmao:
The planner mentioned the cake table decor to me actually or I would've completely forgot! I had to email and add loads of things and take things off and they were really nice about stuff and changed things straight away. I am already on my second floral proposal, and there is something I need to change on this one too.

The cracked votive holders are that glass that looks like its broken but isn't. Did you enjoy your planning session?

Pinkerbell1983
12-21-2008, 05:37 AM
I got my BEO and I'm sooooo pleased, including taxes and service charges its $16,656!!!! But there some things that need taking off and the guest list has dropped so I think it will be about $14,500 which is great. It even includes Cinderella's coach!

DISNEY*lover
12-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Wow! Great job keeping the costs down and getting a low price on that BEO!! I hope I get mine that low. :rotfl:

Pinkerbell1983
12-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Ceremony
Wedding Pavilion - $2662
Cinderella's Coach - $2700
Limo for 3 hours - 376
Unity Candle - $65
Memorial Candle - $35
Bride Bouquet - $329
Bridesmaid Bouquet (3) - $326
Staged Exit (petals) - $45
Use centerpieces as altar decor
Move fee - $25

Pre-reception
Anti pasto display @ $14.24pp - $400
Cylinders with petals and candles on tables (4) - $33
Chair covers - $68
Petals for guest book table - $12.50

Reception
3 x 7" chunky cylinder vases with water and clear marbles at bottom. Float one pale yellow rose bloom. Place on top of each cylinder one 8" pale yellow rose pomander. 3 x $235 = $705 (one per table)

6" chunky cylinder vase with water and clear marbles at bottom. Float one pale yellow rose bloom. Place on top of cylinder one 4" pale yellow rose pomander. Place on sweetheart table - $115

3 votive candle on each table and sweetheart table - 12 x $2.50 = $30

Sprinkle rose petals on each table - $50

Place 4 crackled glass votive cups on each table filled half way with water with pale yellow rose bloom. 16 x $5 = $80

25 sliver matt charger plates. 25 x $6 = $150

Food (see below) @ $90pp - $2500

Cash bar

Children's meal - $25

Room extension x 3 hours - $1278

4 x 90 x 90 ivory pixie dust overlays. 4 x $37.50 = $150

Yellow satin ribbon tie on napkins. 25 x $2 = $50

Heavily scatter cake table with yellow rose petals - $50

3 votive's on cake table - $7.50

Ipod - $379

Fiscus Tree's x 6 - $990

Mickey Wave cake with white chocolate castle topper - $611

Chair covers - $187

Dessert Party

Chair Covers - $68

Food @ $34pp - $800

Crystal lamps (4) - $60

Total - Around $15,500 to Disney

My food is:
-Mushroom filled pasta with vegetable-sherry broth, leeks, red peppers and gruyere (veg)

-Pan-seared crab cakes with lemon-dill creme

-Caesar salad with parmesan and croutons (veg)

-Olive oil grilled vegetables (veg)

-Parmesan-crusted chicken breast with basil mashed potatoes and mushroom cream

-Creamy parmesan and goats cheese risotto topped with gremolata (veg)

-Mahi Mahi steamed in banana leaves with mango salsa

-New York strip steak with Merlot and black pepper reduction, balsamic crimini mushrooms and roasted shallots.

-Fingerling potatoes

-Sourdough rolls and rustic breads

pink_tink8i8
12-23-2008, 08:52 AM
thanks for posting your BEO. It is so helpful for all us upcoming brides :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
01-21-2009, 04:43 AM
Well I haven't posted in a while so thought I'd add a few updates. I have a new BEO, it's now $14,500 which is a bit less than it was. I just took out the ficus tree's and made the dessert party menu cheaper, $26pp now instead of $34pp. I have also changed all my floral, I wanted to go with more of a vintage pastel theme so now instead of yellow roses and stephanotis in my bouquet, I'm having dusky pink, lilac, green, yellow and cream roses all different sizes, and my bridesmaids are having all dusky pink. The pomanders on the tables are also going to be the same colour as my bouquet. I don't have a new floral BEO yet so I'll have to see what the price is for all my changes. I did consider going with an outside florist but no one seemed to get what I wanted as well as Elizabeth (my Disney florist) did, so I'm happily sticking with her!

I have also decided on the my ceremony music, we are having:
Some day my price will come - for DF & the groomsmen and officiant
Canon in D major - for my bridesmaids
Cinderella at the palace - for me
Traditional wedding recessional - at the end

I also got ordered my wedding stationary
http://www.appleofmyeyedesign.co.uk/newvintagepagesavedforweb.gif
It hasn't arrived yet but I will post pictures when it does.

I have got V & A booked as well, I'm soooo excited! I've never been to a Disney restaurant before so I'm really looking forward to it!

AS well as V & A i have our rehearsal dinner booked at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney!

Lastly, I have also picked my table names, we decided to go with Disney couples, so we have Cinderella and Prince Charming (of course!), Beauty and the Beast, Gisele and Robert and Rose and Prince Phillip.

Does anyone have a picture of the table number holders that Disney provides?

I just need to choose some bridesmaid dresses and pick a ring now. Here are the rings I like
http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/content/thumbnail/7161.jpg
http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/content/thumbnail/670.jpg

MiaBella05
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
its a coming together!! :goodvibes

malibustacey
01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Hiya,

how have you booked your flight tickets? I am from the UK too and was wondering will it be better to group book (for hte whole party and pay seperately).. we want to go with Virgin.

I am with you on the currency exchange - its so hard, and sometimes can make you angry/ upset - we havent booked anything yet, but we know what we want in the wedding and what would have cost us $16k- £8k- is not that cheap anymore- and were afraid the pound might level with the dollar and we will really struggle to save for the wedding if the exchange rate doesnt improve!! eek!

Ive been reading through your PJ today- i have somehow missed it- im sorta new on here! I think everyone of your plans loooks good- i love your dress- i saw that one- I am looking at a few Justin Alexander ones- 8437? Where are those wedding bands from? I am looking for one exactly like that because my e ring has 5 diamonds on each sideof the band so i thought a wedding ring like that would match. Its a very nice ring!!

Im on the 6th page so far.. so i will write to you again when im done!! wooo!! UK DISNEY BRIDES!!

malibustacey
01-22-2009, 08:40 AM
kayleighnik I am from Sheffield, so not that far really!!!!

Just thought I'd post a few pics on what i've decided so far...

This is my ring
http://site.netaya.com/itemimages/4wf354pj125-00.jpg

This is my dress, its a justin alexander one and I didn't like it the first time I put it on but it def grew on me and now I love it!!!!
http://www.enzobridal.com/8196_JA_569x600_op_400x422opp.jpg

I want my table centerpieces to look something like this, I borrowed this idea from someone elses thread (I hope they don't mind!) I just think they are really beautiful!!!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/05/Floating_wedding_candles.jpg

Or maybe something like this?
http://xf6.xanga.com/250d874179c32136723849/z100313198.jpg

I want my bridesmaids in yellow knee length dresses but I haven't found any that I really love yet.

Does anyone know the prices for the cylinder centerpieces? Do prices and things come with your planning kit?

Hehe i just realised you are from Sheffield- my DF is from Sheffield too!! small world eh!?

Pinkerbell1983
01-23-2009, 02:31 AM
Sheffield too? Cool! Where abouts?

I booked with Thomsonfly but all my party booked seperately. I didn't really look into group booking to be honest. I know with Virgin the price is now quite cheap, but they don't take bookings until 11 months before.

The exchange rate is really upsetting me, it's gone down AGAIN! It's making my wedding so much more expensive, at this rate I'll have to remove Cinderella's Coach! :sad2: I'm managing to save up most of the money if it stays the way it is, but who knows :confused3 Hopefully by the time your wedding comes it will have leveled off a bit.

orangetiggs
01-23-2009, 02:38 AM
caroline, Looking at your beo you could cut your ipod set up and take speakers from home, this is what we did, we spent around£50 in argos and they packed really well, we got one of the best men to operate it as it came with a remote control.

Disney set this up in the white hall room, that will save you another $300

Also we started with the anitpesto display but whenw e looked at it we thought would it get eaten as we have loads of food served at the reception, we changed to the fruit display as it was lighter and cheaper and it went down really well as people were not full on that and everyone ate the meal

Also if you have to cut the carriage go for the landau coach as this was fantastic and I know not cindys but still its fantastic and really makes a statment and is not really seen much either

Pinkerbell1983
01-29-2009, 06:38 AM
You got speakers for £50? And they were loud enough? I think I will do this too then, do you just attach your ipod? So basically all your paying the $300 for is the speakers? Thanks Sarah :thumbsup2
Do you mind me asking how much the fruit display was, and what you got?
I really like the landau coach as well, it looked really pretty at your wedding so it's definitely something to consider, it's just cindy's coach is just so Disney :confused3 I don't know what to do! We can afford it, but I didn't want the wedding to completely skint us, which it will if we have the coach!

orangetiggs
01-29-2009, 08:46 AM
You got speakers for £50? And they were loud enough? I think I will do this too then, do you just attach your ipod? So basically all your paying the $300 for is the speakers? Thanks Sarah :thumbsup2
Do you mind me asking how much the fruit display was, and what you got?
I really like the landau coach as well, it looked really pretty at your wedding so it's definitely something to consider, it's just cindy's coach is just so Disney :confused3 I don't know what to do! We can afford it, but I didn't want the wedding to completely skint us, which it will if we have the coach!

It was load enough for our first dance and for people to dance to and have fun but it wasnt disco loud, we used this for background music during the meal and then we went for pics and my sister turned it up and they danced to it.

The fruit was i think $9.75 each i think of the top of my head, it was the cheapest option.

We could of afforded the coach as well but like you say it would have left us with nothing and I didnt want that. Its a very hard choice, when we went for our planning session we saw cindys coach and it turned me off it as it looked very dirty and old but thats just my opinion and dh wasnt keen after he saw it up close

Pinkerbell1983
01-30-2009, 03:20 AM
I may switch to the fruit too, every little helps! I have been worried that we'll have waaaay too much food, and people won't eat the lovely buffet. I thought the anti pasto was the cheapest option, that's why I picked it. :confused3

Well my bm dresses came today!!!! :cool1:
I finally managed to choose some, and finally got one to fit my tiny "big" sister!
They are not yellow, like I originally wanted, but after seeing skylarrs pictures, I decided to change the color of my flowers, chairs, tables, centerpieces and everything. So here are the dresses

http://content.next.co.uk/co-uk/items/X43/shotview/92/448-646-X43s.jpg

They are all going to have the same ones now, too much hassle trying to find one dress, nevermind 3!
They have also got their shoes, they have bought there own and just coincidently (sp?) picked the same ones. They're actually the ones the model is wearing.
I have also got some flowers for their hair, and there jewellrey, I will post pics when I take some.
So it's just me to get sorted now, I need earrings, bracelet, shoes, something for my hair, to decide how to have my hair...
I tried on some amazing shoes
http://www.modainpelle.com/images/product/medium/sorina_sl_l.jpg
http://www.modainpelle.com/images/product/medium/rhinestone_sl_porv.jpg
But my sis says they are too high and I will complain... she's probably right?
But there so pretty!

malibustacey
01-30-2009, 03:42 AM
Sheffield too? Cool! Where abouts?

I booked with Thomsonfly but all my party booked seperately. I didn't really look into group booking to be honest. I know with Virgin the price is now quite cheap, but they don't take bookings until 11 months before.

The exchange rate is really upsetting me, it's gone down AGAIN! It's making my wedding so much more expensive, at this rate I'll have to remove Cinderella's Coach! :sad2: I'm managing to save up most of the money if it stays the way it is, but who knows :confused3 Hopefully by the time your wedding comes it will have leveled off a bit.

I feel how streesed you are, we havent even booked the wedding, and are only making plans but because of the exchange rate, we are scared to want and of the fancy things like Cindies Coach and a dessert party... its so horrible, but all i want to say is, it may be hard saving up, as it will be for us too, but you only get one wedding, and we have agreed that we want to try and save up as much as we can, because if it came to it, we would consider getting a little loan, as we dont want to regret missing out on things that we wanted (we are not getting any help from family too) so we are relying on the exchange rate to make things better, heh.

DF lives near Meadowhall.. you know it? I am up there this weekend!

Pinkerbell1983
01-31-2009, 04:34 AM
Meadowhall? Yeah I live about 10 mins away, and I go practically every week! This is why I can't afford Cindy's Coach... I can't stop spending!

Pinkerbell1983
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
-

orangetiggs
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
love the dress pics, mine was a bit tight and I have lost weight as well! They just moved something at the back and it fitted fine!

Thats good about your beo, we got ours down as well and we didnt have cindys coach but we didnt miss it either

gemmybear83
03-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Your dress is amazing! I love the shoes too - they shouldnt be too bad to walk in all day - not long to go now :goodvibes

tinks_1989
03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I Love Your Dress

Loads

Pinkerbell1983
03-05-2009, 09:53 AM
love the dress pics, mine was a bit tight and I have lost weight as well! They just moved something at the back and it fitted fine!

Thats good about your beo, we got ours down as well and we didnt have cindys coach but we didnt miss it either

Good to hear that you didn't miss it, I was kind of worrying that I would be think 'I wish I had the coach'. Your wedding is one of the reasons, I decided I could live without it!

Your dress is amazing! I love the shoes too - they shouldnt be too bad to walk in all day - not long to go now :goodvibes

Thank you:goodvibes I hope they'll be okay to walk in, I don't wanna have to take them off or my dress will be too long.
It's not long to go, I'm getting a bit nervous about stuff. I need to start making a list of things to do.

I Love Your Dress

Loads

Tnanks! :goodvibes

I will make sure I take some better pics when I go next time, ones where I actually look nice!

Quick question, what do I do about our ceremony, I have an officiant, but do I have to choose which readings I have etc? I'm so confused :confused:

orangetiggs
03-05-2009, 09:56 AM
we had rev jack and in his pack that he sent us was several ceremonies, we cut and pasted them and sent that back to him and he picked a couple of the readings and we had one of the bm read a reading for us

Scrap_Vamp
03-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Aw, you look gorgeous in your dress!

My store said they always make it possible for the dresses to bee asily let out or taken in a bit.

My big prob is that I'm wearing my dress again over a month after the wedding, so can't put on or lose any weight inbetween the two!

Pinkerbell1983
03-11-2009, 06:01 AM
we had rev jack and in his pack that he sent us was several ceremonies, we cut and pasted them and sent that back to him and he picked a couple of the readings and we had one of the bm read a reading for us

Yeah we got a pack with some sample ceremony's but I wasn't really too keen on either of them. I've posted a thread on the main page asking for some other brides' ceremonies, so I can get some inspiration. I bought perfect weddings by the way. I've been showing everybody!!!

Aw, you look gorgeous in your dress!

My store said they always make it possible for the dresses to bee asily let out or taken in a bit.

My big prob is that I'm wearing my dress again over a month after the wedding, so can't put on or lose any weight inbetween the two!

Uh oh, no indulging in the wedding food for you then? I'm sure you can't put that much weight on in a month?

I got my stationary in the post today!!! :cool1:

I'm not doing invites as I am only having 18 guests, and it's going to be quite informal, so I just have name cards, table names and menu's, but they look soooo good!
There is just one mistake on the menu :confused3 It says chicken BEAST instead of chicken BREAST! :eek: But, I proof read them so can't do anything about it really. So far of the people I showed, only one has noticed so I'm not too bothered!
Here are some pics
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc349/pinkerbell1983/DSC00485.jpg
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc349/pinkerbell1983/DSC00486.jpg
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc349/pinkerbell1983/DSC00487.jpg
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc349/pinkerbell1983/DSC00489.jpg
I have taken my beautiful shoes back :sad1: they were gonna be too hard to walk in, so I got some nearly as pretty (and not nearly as expensive) ones
http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/110795/1107957620_lg.jpg
I still have a long list of things to do, it's kind of getting me down at the mo.
1. Book wedding night hotel
2. Make everyone else book their hotel!
3. Choose a hair style
4. Decide how to get my dress on the plane
5. Decide on a ceremony
6. Choose some 'must have' photo's and email them to Randy

Is it normal to have loads to do 2 months out? I'm stressing!!!!!

I did pick my ring though, I just got to order it! http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/content/full/670.jpg
Isn't it pretty? It's sooo sparkly!

29apr00
03-11-2009, 08:32 AM
beautiful dress! I love it! And the name cards look beautiful! So pretty!

Scrap_Vamp
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
The stationery looks fab!

And the shoes really are just as pretty - they're a similar style to mine, and I liked the fact it had the strap across the bridge of the foot - less chance of slipping out of them.

Pinkerbell1983
03-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Ok guys please please please help me decide on how to have my hair... I am getting nowhere on my own!!!! I am the worst decision maker ever, first I want it up, then down, then whatever. I am having beaute speciale do it for me, but I'm not having a hair trial so I kind of worried. I have got some little sparkly pearl pins to go in it too.

Here are some pics I like:

1. http://capelli-doro.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/coti_katherine_heigl.jpg

2. http://capelli-doro.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/katherine_heigl.jpg

3. http://celebhairstyle.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/wedding-hair-up-dos-for-curly-hair-06.jpg

4. http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/20/202478/15_2008/kh.jpg

5. http://mtblog.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2008/10/15/1015-kate-beckinsale-updo_bd.jpghttp://mtblog.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2008/10/15/1015-kate-beckinsale-updo-back_bd.jpg

scarlet-la-belle
03-12-2009, 05:24 AM
Number 1 for sure :cutie: the wave at the front is really glam. I think it will make you're face look really soft and pretty :goodvibes

thatdisneygirl
03-12-2009, 06:06 AM
I love number 5...so chic!

auntpunkin
03-13-2009, 07:35 AM
I love #5, it's classy and romantic...Love the stationary and your our dress is beautiful! And I'm not having Cindy's coach either, that is just way too much money for a 1/2 hour in a pumpkin! :rotfl:

Pinkerbell1983
04-21-2009, 10:33 AM
:scared1: I can't believe it's only 3 weeks and 6 days til we get married, and only 20 days til we go away!!! It's soooo exciting, but I also can't believe I have everything done, there must be something else to stress about, I usually manage to find something!
At the moment it's my Uncle, he has an operation on Friday, and if it doesn't go okay then he and my Auntie won't be able to come to the wedding :sad1: This will be awful for us and them, they love Disney as much as we do, and will be devastated! So I just gotta keep my fingers (and everything else) crossed. I have already took them off the wedding stuff because I don't wanna be paying for them if they're not even there, and I can always add them on and just pay for them afterwards. It does mean that my guest list is looking pretty pathetic at 16 people now though, and I had to pay $50 for having a small party, but I expected that I suppose.
I got my BEO down so much with people dropping out that it's actually under the $10,000 minimum now! But my bar sales will definitely take care of that, so no adding Cindy's coach on unfortunately!
So that's it... I just gotta wait now... :rolleyes1 anything I'm forgetting or missing? Apart from packing?

Sarah84
04-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Fantastic plans and wow not long to go at all, must be so exciting. Everything you have chosen is gorgeous, those 2nd pair of Moda in pelle shoes are stunning that you posted.
Hope everything goes well with your uncles operation so him and you aunt can be there :)

malibustacey
04-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Oh gosh, less than a month!

Did i miss a photo of you in your dress? Do you have one! I remember you ordering that amazzinnggggg dress that was lots of £££'s!

(i found a shop in sheffield that sells my dream dress for real cheap! im so happy!!)

malibustacey
04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
oooh i just found the photos of you in your dress!! ooooh wooooww!

Scrap_Vamp
04-21-2009, 04:37 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for your aunt and uncle. I feel with the diminishing guest list - we've gone from 16 guests down to 8!

linzwylie
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Caroline !!! The pics of you in your dress are gorgeous !!

Totally love your ring - mine is the one you didn't choose !!!!

I like hairdoo #4 think it would be nice with a veil -are you wearing a veil?

auntpunkin
04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
OMG is right, I'm so excited for you! It's just so amazing to look over the PJ titles and see all the 2010 dates, time just flies! I could really use another year, or 2..:lmao: I'll keep you aunt and uncle in my prayers! :hug:

Pinkerbell1983
04-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Fantastic plans and wow not long to go at all, must be so exciting. Everything you have chosen is gorgeous, those 2nd pair of Moda in pelle shoes are stunning that you posted.
Hope everything goes well with your uncles operation so him and you aunt can be there :)

Yes they were gorgeous, but I had to take them back, they were too high :sad2: I do have some more nearly as pretty ones though now.

Oh gosh, less than a month!

Did i miss a photo of you in your dress? Do you have one! I remember you ordering that amazzinnggggg dress that was lots of £££'s!

(i found a shop in sheffield that sells my dream dress for real cheap! im so happy!!)

Ooh I love it when you find great things for cheap, I managed to get £400 off my dress by going to different shops. Where is the shop?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your aunt and uncle. I feel with the diminishing guest list - we've gone from 16 guests down to 8!

I shouldn't complain then really :) I'm sure our weddings will be just as fun, I just really really wanted my Auntie and Uncle there, there like my 2nd Mum an Dad, I can't imagine them not being there. I wasn't too bothered when the others dropped out, it saved me money!

Caroline !!! The pics of you in your dress are gorgeous !!

Totally love your ring - mine is the one you didn't choose !!!!

I like hairdoo #4 think it would be nice with a veil -are you wearing a veil?

I'm not wearing a veil, I thought about it, but decided that it didn't suit the look I was going for. Are you wearing one? Not long for you either now!

OMG is right, I'm so excited for you! It's just so amazing to look over the PJ titles and see all the 2010 dates, time just flies! I could really use another year, or 2..:lmao: I'll keep you aunt and uncle in my prayers! :hug:

Thanks for thinking of my Uncle, the op is tomorrow so I should no for definite tomorrow if they are coming.

pink_tink8i8
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
less than a month, that's so exciting!!!! :goodvibes

auntpunkin
05-24-2009, 09:33 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!
I hope your day was everything you dreamed of!! :cloud9:

DISNEY*lover
05-24-2009, 09:38 AM
I hope you had a wonderful wedding! I'm sure you did as everything sounds so wonderful! Congrats hun!! :)

malibustacey
05-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Cant wait to see some photos!! I hope you had a brilliant time! talk to you when you get back!

pink_tink8i8
05-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I hope you had a wonderful day! :goodvibes

gemmybear83
05-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Congratulations!! Hope you having an amazing time and cant wai to see photos :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
05-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi guys, I'm back!

Just got back from Florida this morning and am soooo tired and really should be asleep but I'm way too excited about my pictures and can't sleep!
I had an AMAZING wedding, I loved every minute of it! The only thing was... it rained! We did manage to get a few nice outdoor pics, but the sky is very grey! I'm not complaining though because it was still great, and I felt like a real princess with everyone fussing over me and holding umbrella's. Plus while I was there I saw some much rainier weddings!

I'll post a few pics later, just wanted to come and say hi! :goodvibes

auntpunkin
05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Welcome back!! I can't wait to hear about your wedding! :yay:

Bride-to-be
05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry about the rain. Glad to hear it was great - can't wait to hear about all of the details!

pink_tink8i8
05-26-2009, 03:17 PM
welcome back. Can't wait to hear about the wedding :goodvibes

disneygal922
05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all about the trip and wedding! :goodvibes

gemmybear83
05-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Hi guys, I'm back!

Just got back from Florida this morning and am soooo tired and really should be asleep but I'm way too excited about my pictures and can't sleep!
I had an AMAZING wedding, I loved every minute of it! The only thing was... it rained! We did manage to get a few nice outdoor pics, but the sky is very grey! I'm not complaining though because it was still great, and I felt like a real princess with everyone fussing over me and holding umbrella's. Plus while I was there I saw some much rainier weddings!

I'll post a few pics later, just wanted to come and say hi! :goodvibes

Ooooh I am so excited to see the photos! Glad the rain didnt spoil your day :goodvibes

Pinkerbell1983
05-27-2009, 05:45 AM
-

malibustacey
05-27-2009, 06:20 AM
oooh my goodness - MORE PICS!!!

tiggerrifficheidi
05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

Scrap_Vamp
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
You looked beautiful and the photos are wonderful - can't wait to see more!

Pirate's Princess
05-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Caroline, you looked so beautiful! Too bad about the rain, but it POURED at my brother's wedding. All the pics still looked wonderful.

I can't wait to read more!

beatlesblonde
05-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Beautiful pics, can't wait to see more!

gemmybear83
05-27-2009, 02:02 PM
OMG your photos and you are beautiful - I am so glad I am picking Randy - I cant wait to see more :goodvibes

Sarah84
05-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Your photos are stunning, you look gorgeous and your dress is lovely :)

gemmybear83
05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I've just been emialing Randy to book him for our wedding and have been telling him how beautiful your photos are hehe!:goodvibes

B2B-2008
05-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm so glad you had a fantastic day. I did think of you as we were swimming our way through EPCOT :rotfl2: all I kept saying to my DH was I hope their wedding is going OK, I hope the plans didn't have to change that much.

Your photos are amazing.

LittleStinkerbelle
05-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Beautiful pictures and I love your bouquet!!!

Pinkerbell1983
05-28-2009, 02:48 PM
oooh my goodness - MORE PICS!!!

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

You looked beautiful and the photos are wonderful - can't wait to see more!

Caroline, you looked so beautiful! Too bad about the rain, but it POURED at my brother's wedding. All the pics still looked wonderful.

I can't wait to read more!

Beautiful pics, can't wait to see more!

OMG your photos and you are beautiful - I am so glad I am picking Randy - I cant wait to see more :goodvibes

I've just been emialing Randy to book him for our wedding and have been telling him how beautiful your photos are hehe!:goodvibes

I'm so glad you had a fantastic day. I did think of you as we were swimming our way through EPCOT :rotfl2: all I kept saying to my DH was I hope their wedding is going OK, I hope the plans didn't have to change that much.

Your photos are amazing.

Beautiful pictures and I love your bouquet!!!

Thank you so much for all the compliments! I'm really pleased with how my pictures turned out seeing as it was raining and grey the whole day.
gemmybear83 you will love Randy, he's really nice and funny and he did all the pics that I asked him for, even the ones on the beach with it raining!

Our plans didn't have to change that much, we still had the pre-reception on the Whitehall patio, most of the guests just stayed undercover, and made use of the big area when the rain wasn't so bad. We still went so Sago Cay for the DP as well, but we didn't have the food there or any chairs set up, they just put the extra chairs and the centerpieces out on the patio, and we ate the food at 9pm and went to Sago Cay at 9.30pm!

It really was amazing, I would love to do it all over again! I've managed to convince DH to have a vow renewal at Disney in 5-10 years (and I'm gonna have Cinderella's Coach this time!).

I'm uploading some more pictures so I will put some on and do a TR soon!

Pinkerbell1983
05-28-2009, 03:21 PM
I-

gemmybear83
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Awwww I love them Caroline - they are beautiful :lovestruc:lovestruc

Also congratulations on the forthcoming vow renewal ;)

tiggerrifficheidi
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I love the DFTW umbrella!! And you're right...I don't have ANY great umbrella pics!!!

pink_tink8i8
05-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Caroline - your pictures are beautiful. Can't wait to see more! your bouquet looked exquisite

Ann117
06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I just found your PJ. Everything looks wonderful I can not wait to see more pictures!!

Pooh_Girl
06-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I just found your PJ/TR, and it looks absolutely wonderful!! Everything was just beautiful. I can't wait to see more pics!!!

disneygal922
06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Gorgeous pictures Caroline. Who was your photographer?:goodvibes

MegKate
06-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Caroline - the pictures are gorgeous!!:lovestruc I don't know if you've heard, but I forgot the time of your wedding when I was there for my PS and now have some spiffy pictures of some random bride at 12:30 on the 18th! :lmao:Oh well, I tried!!

Pinkerbell1983
06-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Awwww I love them Caroline - they are beautiful :lovestruc:lovestruc

Also congratulations on the forthcoming vow renewal ;)

I love the DFTW umbrella!! And you're right...I don't have ANY great umbrella pics!!!

Caroline - your pictures are beautiful. Can't wait to see more! your bouquet looked exquisite

I just found your PJ. Everything looks wonderful I can not wait to see more pictures!!

I just found your PJ/TR, and it looks absolutely wonderful!! Everything was just beautiful. I can't wait to see more pics!!!

Gorgeous pictures Caroline. Who was your photographer?:goodvibes

Caroline - the pictures are gorgeous!!:lovestruc I don't know if you've heard, but I forgot the time of your wedding when I was there for my PS and now have some spiffy pictures of some random bride at 12:30 on the 18th! :lmao:Oh well, I tried!!

Thank you for all the comments. My photographer was Randy Chapman, I loved him!

MegKate, I did see on your PJ that you'd seen another wedding :rotfl: I saw someone at Franks taking pics and looking at our wedding, and I wondered if that was you, but obviously not. Randy also said that he'd seen someone at the GF that had said 'say hi to Caroline for me', was that you? :)

linzwylie
06-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi

Your photos are beautiful ! I think the cloudy skies and umberellas make them more romantic !

Looking forward to reading a TR and glad the rain didn't spoil your day !

Linz B xxx :)

Pinkerbell1983
06-15-2009, 12:16 PM
-

Michelle2010
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Congratulations Caroline! Your photos are gorgeous, I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report. I'm particularly interested to find out what you thought of Sago Cay Pointe (despite the rain) because that's where we are planning our reception / dp.

bridetobe789
06-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Your wedding pictures look amazing!! Congratulations!!

Sarah84
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Great start to the report, cant wait to read more :)

auntpunkin
06-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm so glad you've started your trip report! I'm looking forward to reading more! :banana:

BecBennett
06-16-2009, 12:12 AM
How funny are those shirts! :lmao: I'm struggling to think of a couple that I could do that for!

gemmybear83
06-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Love the photos - and that the trip report has started popcorn::

Pinkerbell1983
06-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Congratulations Caroline! Your photos are gorgeous, I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report. I'm particularly interested to find out what you thought of Sago Cay Pointe (despite the rain) because that's where we are planning our reception / dp.

Your wedding pictures look amazing!! Congratulations!!

Great start to the report, cant wait to read more :)

I'm so glad you've started your trip report! I'm looking forward to reading more! :banana:

How funny are those shirts! :lmao: I'm struggling to think of a couple that I could do that for!

Love the photos - and that the trip report has started popcorn::

Thank's for reading guys! I will get on with the rest shortly, just gotta upload more pics!

BecBenney, you should definitely get some of those t-shirts, we loved them, it was such a funny surprise and everyone on the plane was asking about the wedding when we were on our way home so they definitely made an impression... or was it that we had Mickey and Minnie 'Just Married' t-shirts on?

Pinkerbell1983
06-18-2009, 07:03 AM
-

Pinkerbell1983
06-18-2009, 07:06 AM
-

BecBennett
06-20-2009, 09:16 PM
:rotfl: I can't believe you got all the way there before realising that your mum had left their tickets behind... That's pretty funny. Well I'msure it wasn't at the time, but I'm getting a giggle out of it. :laughing:

malibustacey
06-21-2009, 06:15 AM
more more more!!

yay for this trip report!! i cant wait til the wedding day part!!

Chilly
06-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Looking forward to hearing about your wedding.

PrincessShea
07-07-2009, 12:54 AM
I just saw one of your pictures in the POTD thread and I had to come over here and say that your dress was absolutely stunning :thumbsup2

Pinkerbell1983
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
I just saw one of your pictures in the POTD thread and I had to come over here and say that your dress was absolutely stunning :thumbsup2

Thank you very much :goodvibes

Scrap_Vamp
10-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey Caroline - you've been quiet for a while - hope you're OK :grouphug:

Pinkerbell1983
10-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey Caroline - you've been quiet for a while - hope you're OK :grouphug:

I'm good thanks, just been on my disneymoon finally so that's taken up a lot of my time planning it and stuff. Now I'm back with no more wedding/honeymoon stuff and it's really sad :sad1: I want to do it all over again.

Love the pics in your siggy by the way :goodvibes

Scrap_Vamp
10-30-2009, 03:46 AM
Glad you had a good time - I had that same feeling after my at home reception - it's really wierd!

Mind you, I've been so busy at work that I've totally lost track of time - trying to save the money to go back for our anniversary next year...

Pinkerbell1983
10-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Glad you had a good time - I had that same feeling after my at home reception - it's really wierd!

Mind you, I've been so busy at work that I've totally lost track of time - trying to save the money to go back for our anniversary next year...

Well it's funny you should say that, because that's the only thing keeping me going... knowing that I can go back for my anniversary next May. That's the problem with Disney weddings, they make you feel so special and it's so amazing that when it's over, it's a big anti climax :goodvibes

figment fan21
11-08-2009, 06:59 AM
I've been a long time lurker and I can't wait to hear all about your big day! And you pictures are so lovely, it makes me so happy i booked randy!

Did you have him do your pictures for your DP?

Pinkerbell1983
11-09-2009, 07:00 AM
No we didn't have Randy for the dp, we only had him for 4 hours as one of my bridesmaid's is a pro photographer, I used her.

Randy was great, you'll love him!

Pinkerbell1983
11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
-

Pirate's Princess
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
YAY wedding pics!! Almost as good as a TR, but are a great substitute!! Can't wait for more.