PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for Kevins review of Cinderellas Royal Table

Cruz Family
07-22-2008, 06:48 AM
We are doing a Magical Gathering in November. Other then my family (me, DH, & DS's) the rest of the group will all be newbies to WDW. I thought if there were ever a time to eat in the castle, this would be it. So I went ahead and made ADR's for dinner on our final night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kevins review is a good one. :scared:

Mouse Skywalker
07-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I know how it went... ;)

LMO429
07-22-2008, 08:27 AM
:cool1: How cool! I didnt know Kevin was reviewing CRT!!!! I cant wait to hear what he has to say. We went for dinner back in May with 6 women ranging in age from 30 to 60 years old and we loved our experience there! Since there was so many of us we got to sample most of the appetiziers and entrees I liked everything but the macaroni dish... My only complaint was I thought the carpet could have been vacummed better but considering the flow of traffic that goes through the restaurant i didnt let it bother me 2 much!

looking forward to tomorrow now even more to hear Kevins thoughts! I was seriously having Kevin Dining Review Withdrawals!!!! ;)

SteveInBrooklyn
07-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I was seriously having Kevin Dining Review Withdrawals!!!! ;)

Tell me about it!:surfweb:

Cruz Family
07-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I know how it went... ;)

This is me green with envy -------> :thumbsup2

wildeoscar
07-22-2008, 11:29 AM
lol, third party reviewers are sworn to secrecy. I guess we'll find out in the morning.

crazydisneyman
07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
When we ate there a few years ago my friend got sick and deposited the contents of her meal into a Tomorrowland restroom. :lmao:

bigmoonmullen
07-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I wonder if Kevin's group will feel rushed. Our waiter actually collected our Room keys to take off the Dining credits BEFORE the food was even served. We felt like they wanted us to leave almost as soon as we sat down for breakfast.

To be honest, if it was not for location... location... location they would have a hard time staying in business pretty much anywhere else... BUT you simply can't beat that location for an early breakfast... walking down Main Street with almost nobody in the Park... Getting those great pictures... They got you and both you and Disney knows it.

Mark

SamIAm21
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
This will be a really interesting review given all the challenges he noted in an earlier podcast. I'm not a Type A personality, so I really never had it in me to get up really early in the morning exactly 90 days out to make the reservation for breakfast or dinner. Luckily, my daughter doesn't know a thing about this "experience" so I'm in the clear, unless she hears the upcoming podcast!

:rotfl:

robind
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I hope he had a better time than I did. The last time I was there it was for lunch and the food selections were very limited and not very apealing. You are definately paying for the view and location because the food is not worth the price.

Plus, if his mom is going I hope it is more assessible than it seemed when I went.

MenashaCorp
07-22-2008, 05:37 PM
When we ate there a few years ago my friend got sick and deposited the contents of her meal into a Tomorrowland restroom. :lmao:

That would be Yak in not-Yet-i :laughing:

goofygal531
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
What meal is Kevin having there? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

I LOVE his reviews!

Cruz Family
07-22-2008, 06:57 PM
What meal is Kevin having there? Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner?

I LOVE his reviews!

I think I remember them saying it was dinner. Or maybe its just wishful thinking, cause that is what we are doing.:confused3

WaltD4Me
07-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I can't wait for the review either. I have CRT booked for our October trip, but I'm really thinking about cancelling....I really never had a desire to do CRT but my youngest niece is nine and I booked it thinking this will be the last year she is really into the princesses, so you know, dining at the castle and all.....but I also have an ADR at GF for Cinderella's Royal Feast, one of those reservations is going to go, I just can't decide which one. Personally, I want to see Anastasia and Druzilla, but again, CRT is in the castle ..... :confused3

crazydisneyman
07-23-2008, 08:20 AM
That would be Yak in not-Yet-i :laughing:

Exactly. I have thought that the food there is simillar to Liberty Tree Tavern. We like the food there, but it is not exceptional world class food. It is just food.

You definately go for the experience of eating in the castle, not a dining experience. I have a feeling this could be just like the O'Hana review. :lmao:

DVCsince02
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
It's Wednesday... I'm waiting....

stitchlover
07-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I can't wait for the review either. I have CRT booked for our October trip, but I'm really thinking about cancelling....I really never had a desire to do CRT but my youngest niece is nine and I booked it thinking this will be the last year she is really into the princesses, so you know, dining at the castle and all.....but I also have an ADR at GF for Cinderella's Royal Feast, one of those reservations is going to go, I just can't decide which one. Personally, I want to see Anastasia and Druzilla, but again, CRT is in the castle ..... :confused3
We have done both the CRT and GF Cinderella's Royal Feast. I have to say if you are going ditch one of them I would ditch GF. We have done both for dinner and were very unimpressed with the dinner at the Grand Floridian. I would say CRT is worth at least one visit at some point. Neither of them California Grill or Victoria and Albert's! But CRT was better in our opinion.

DVCsince02
07-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Well I just listened and all I can say is wow!

We've eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at CRT and will never do dinner again.

WaltD4Me
07-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Well, ooooooooooooooookay, guess it's gonna be CRT that I will be ditching.

I know Kevin's reviews are only a snapshot, but based on that review of CRT, I am just not willing to shell out over $200 and wind up with hard pears, a huge amount of awful food and Paula Deen in a blue satin cape. :laughing:

Park Fare it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus I totally agree with that whole pre-pay thing Kevin mentioned. It really irritated me Disney was going to have my money all that time. I'll be calling them today to cancel and get that back.

safetymom
07-23-2008, 10:55 AM
If Paula Deen was at CRT I would be there in a heartbeat. :)

I am glad to know I haven't missed anything by not eating at CRT.

Thanks Kevin and guest family!

georgemoe
07-23-2008, 11:03 AM
That poor pear never had a chance. ;)

BellaOfTheWorld
07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Kevin's review of the Royal Table was HILARIOUS. I was laughing SO hard...especially at "MiLard"!

They panned it though...not surprised, considering other reviews I've heard of that place (I've never been there). "A failure of every single level, except for location...I felt ripped off." Ouch!

ms*mountaineer
07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
MiLard! :lmao:

This review is right up there with the sad little crab cake review! :rotfl:

Kevin - PLEEEEESE post these pictures! We have to see the blood clot.

Cruz Family
07-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Well I guess we will be cancelling that one. Now I got to find something great for our final day, now only 3 1/2 months out, for 9 people. Wish me luck, cause Im gonna need it!
Really though, thank you Kevin. I would rather deal with a little disappointment now then a big disappointment on vacation. :thumbsup2

cccm
07-23-2008, 01:47 PM
I was laughing (it was funnier the second time I listened)........I want to see the poached pear pic!!! Please post it.

Paul (tigger fan)
07-23-2008, 01:47 PM
My family went to crt in January of this year we were not impressed at all.

Waiting 20 mins in cramped entrance area for photograph , kids all around were getting very upset.

Food was not the best on site , ok but not great.

Felt rushed and a very manufactured setup to everything as in the staff and characters were just going through the motions, no magic for us.

I do not know if we had overhyped it in our own mind being the castle and all
but we did not feel comforatable at all.

Hope we just got them in a bad morning and everyone else has a better experience than us .

I would like to think we are pretty pro-disney as a family and would always give them the benefit of doubt but i felt ripped of at this .

To finish on a positive my daughter loved bbb , the princess tea party at
the GF , and chef mickeys all real highlights of our trip, guess you cant get lucky always.

Take care to you all, i am mostly a lurker and love all the interaction between the disers on this board.

Paul

DSNY4ever
07-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Haha, I just listened and that was a great review (bad, but great). And I loved hearing the opinions of the family especially the two little girls, so cute.

I want them to do it with a family again! And now I guess I am not disappointed that we have never gotten a reservation at CRT :rotfl:

LilGMom
07-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh my!! I am rolling from the review of CRT! :lmao: :rotfl2: The entire thing has been very entertaining. I do hope that Kevin & John show us the pictures of the lovely and interesting food.

SteveInBrooklyn
07-23-2008, 03:39 PM
What a review!!!! I was smiling like a fool at work as I listened on my headphones. I enjoyed this review as much as Kevin hated the pear dessert. Thanks and keep 'em coming. Really, I think there is nothing that makes me feel like I am at Disney more than listening to one of Kevin's reviews. Especially if it's a place at which I've eaten.

kab407
07-23-2008, 05:49 PM
...the rabbit Glenn Close cooked...

.....blood clot pears

......MiLard

Another classic dinning review from Kevin! :thumbsup2

pixeydust
07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I have to heartily concur with Kevin’s review of CRT! We had Christmas day dinner there with guests from Europe who were so incredibly excited to dine in the castle and what a horrible letdown. I was so embarrassed by the experience and they were shocked at both the quality of the food and the surliness of the waiter. It was by far the very worst meal that I have ever eaten, not just at Disney, but anywhere, and our guests were so disappointed! I cannot understand how they are able to get away with this ‘Royal Dinner’ travesty; Disney should be ashamed of themselves! :sad1:

pigletfan122
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Its a good thing i couldn't get an ADR for my trip in December. after hearing kevin's review and other people take on the restaurant. I don't thing i will eat there ever. Also hearing that you have to pay when you make your ADR and pay tax and tip ahead of time i think is crazy, basically its sayin guess what if you get a crappy server we have your tip money and theres nothing you can do about it. Oh well i guess the only way to change it not to eat there and complain to disney and then maybe they will make that place a more enjoyable place to eat.

daneenm
07-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Yikes!

The download was not ready on iTunes before I left for work this morning. Can't wait to hear this review based on the snippets I've seen here.

Here I was sorry we missed it on our trip to WDW....no longer, I think.

--Daneen

bcvdreamer
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM
OMG Kevin & John...too funny, My Lard. (Where's the Tag Fairy?)

Great review. I love the blood/pear clot and Psychorella references. Thanks for the laugh.

I agree with a previous post...pictures please.

wishspirit
07-23-2008, 07:06 PM
...the rabbit Glenn Close cooked...

.....blood clot pears

......MiLard

Another classic dinning review from Kevin! :thumbsup2

My mom popped her head round the door, she was worried about my sanity with the amount of giggling comming from my room! :rotfl: :lmao:

GREAT Review Kevin! :thumbsup2

PDJPrinceCharming
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
I loved the review, good stuff & I laughed hysterically during it. However I had a pretty good experience myself at CRT last year on my 26th Birthday. I had a lot of character interaction with The Fairy Godmother, Jasmine & Belle & the picture with Cindy turned out very well. It didn't hurt that I got the prime window seat overlooking Fantasyland either. But I will say that there is something about eating inside the castle, now staying inside the castle is my main goal. Here's hoping that one happens this year(fingers crossed) but overall I had a very fun time & the next time I get someone to go with me, i'll most likely go back.

robertgp124
07-23-2008, 07:38 PM
OMG that was one of the funniest and best reviews I ever heard. I loved the M'Lard, and the family sounded delightful. The dining reviews had been away for a while, but MAN what a return.

:thumbsup2

WaltD4Me
07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I loved the review, good stuff & I laughed hysterically during it. However I had a pretty good experience myself at CRT last year on my 26th Birthday. I had a lot of character interaction with The Fairy Godmother, Jasmine & Belle & the picture with Cindy turned out very well. It didn't hurt that I got the prime window seat overlooking Fantasyland either. But I will say that there is something about eating inside the castle, now staying inside the castle is my main goal. Here's hoping that one happens this year(fingers crossed) but overall I had a very fun time & the next time I get someone to go with me, i'll most likely go back.

I'm glad you had a good time! :goodvibes I mean, it is dining in the castle! And I definitely understand that draw, but there are five of us and it's a lot of money, especially if the food is bad...I notice you didn't mention the food at all. Was it any good for you?

PDJPrinceCharming
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm a ultra picky eater so I stuck with the chicken strips & the mashed potatoes. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't the greatest. The price is pretty steep & if I had to pay for it OOP, I probably wouldn't do it again.

WaltD4Me
07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm a ultra picky eater so I stuck with the chicken strips & the mashed potatoes. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't the greatest. The price is pretty steep & if I had to pay for it OOP, I probably wouldn't do it again.

Good to know! Thanks! :thumbsup2

luke
07-24-2008, 06:32 AM
What a brilliant review!!!
I listened to it in bed last night while my fiancée slept next to me, she wasn't impressed that i kept waking her up with constant chuckling!!!

She's always wanted to "eat in the castle" too, so this was useful in deciding not to during our wedding trip

:goodvibes

bannermouse
07-24-2008, 06:50 AM
I have not eaten in CRT for several years; I think the location and look of the restaurant is great. However, paying tons of money for food that at best is poor/fair is not for me. Breakfast is somewhat less expensive, but still a good bit of money. Kevin's review is great and if you have not yet heard it go ahead and download it.

Bannermouse

Alicnwondrln
07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
This makes me happy I dont have any daughters. I have no interest in eating here and this review just make me feel better about my decision.

mickey58729
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I have a question... I was planning on celebrating my birthday at CRT for dinner (we have nerver eaten there) and now I am wondering if I should switch it to Park Fare... What would be your opinion???????

TheCooksLuvDisney
07-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I would love to see the pictures that they were passing around during the podcast. The bloodclot was the funniest!

DisneyKevin
07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/reviews/Cinderellas-Royal-Table.htm

http://www.wdwinfo.com/reviews/Cinderellas-Royal-Table-Photos.htm

WaltD4Me
07-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Not sure what looks more disgusting...the pear blood clot thing (what an awful presentation) or John's chicken dish, which does not look appetizing at all. When they were talking about it on the podcast, I just could not imagine how Angel Food cake could look like a pot scrubber thingy, but now I get it. Pretty sad. I am SO thankful for this review, I can't believe I actually had an ADR for this place. :scared:

adsrtw
07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Thank you for the review. Wow, sounds like a huge rip off. They are making 6 months of interest from Heaven only knows how many families for garbage. The food looks awful.

TheTXTaylors5
07-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Reading the review, made me VERY glad I did my research beforehand and had DH book the breakfast. At least the breakfast is suppose to have edible food and better character interaction. We'll see in September. . . :rolleyes1

- Jennifer

TheTXTaylors5
07-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I have a question... I was planning on celebrating my birthday at CRT for dinner (we have nerver eaten there) and now I am wondering if I should switch it to Park Fare... What would be your opinion???????

From reading the review . . . dinner at 1900 Park Fair.

- Jennifer

aprincesswannabe
07-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Reading the review, made me VERY glad I did my research beforehand and had DH book the breakfast. At least the breakfast is suppose to have edible food and better character interaction. We'll see in September. . . :rolleyes1

We did the breakfast last November on Thanksgiving day. Food was good but we did feel that they rushed us through the meal. Once you've seen the princesses, you'll feel pushed to finish and get out. We actually felt as if we stood in the queue line for the photo op with Cindy longer than we sat in the dining area! (We however took our time and enjoyed the atmosphere - as well as the stuffed french toast!)

ericafny
07-25-2008, 11:52 AM
That was honestly the funniest review from Kevin! I was driving and listening to it and laughing hysterically. The people around me definitly thought I was crazy. Imagine driving next to someone with a weird smile on their face :lmao:

That pear looks horrible. Disney should be ashamed of themselves for serving such awful food in what could be an elegant fine dining restaurant.

disneyranger
07-25-2008, 12:26 PM
my hat is off to the whole Unplugged crew... What an enjoyable time I had listening to this latest review. You made my whole day. Thanks Kevin and John.

*NikkiBell*
07-27-2008, 06:26 PM
What a total disappointment!

I did send this to Kevin, but wanted to share with everyone else.

My boyfriend and I had a very bad experience at CRT last December and did not even get to eat there! This was during our Christmas trip (12/26-1/1). My reservation was made at 7 AM exactly 180 days out. This was a challenge for me to make as it was because I am a teacher and have limited time to make phone calls during the week.

Onto the trip....

This was our first experience in WDW during the Christmas season. I had been dreaming of it for years and was absolutely ecstatic about going. Unfortunately, severe fog put a dent into our plans. Our fllight was delayed in Newark and we arrived in Orlando quite a few hours late. I called Disney Dining from Magical Express on our way to POFQ. I explained the situation and how I was concerned we would be late for our ADR to Cindy's. I had been looking forward to eating inside the castle for years. The person over the phone said that she contacted the restaurant directly and as long as we get there by a certain time (I believe it was 3 or 3:30 pm) it would not be a problem and our credit card would not be charged as a no-show. I was happy.

We got to POFQ and I explained the situation to the front desk cast member and she also called over to the restaurant saying we were on our way. We raced from POFQ (without going to our room, I might add), to the Disney buses, and flew through Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately, the castle show was about to go on so we had to navigate not only the crowds, but an entirely different way to the restaurant. We tried to go up the left side of the castle knowing there was at least 15 minutes before the show started, but were greeted by a very rude cast member who refused to let us through. He was also very snippy about it. This was a horrible way to begin a vacation and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

After finally getting to the restaurant podium, it was about five minutes after the time we were told would be the last we could get into the restaurant. I made an attempt to check-in and was treated, again, very harshly. I explained the situation and was told there was absolutely no way we were going to be let in because they were shutting the restaurant down to prepare for dinner. I did witness other guests in the restaurant including one couple who was let in right as we were walking up to the podium.

To put a long story short, I became very upset and nearly teary-eyed until three cast members were dealing with me. I was told my credit card was already charged for not showing up and my dining credits from the dining plan were already taken away as well. Again, I voiced my complaint and was told that there was no way this could be reversed. This was an odd experience for me. I had never received such rude and unkind treatment from a cast member before. Little did I know, the experience was about to get a lot odder.

After nearly a half hour of arguing, an older female cast member came out, said everything had been taken care of with both my credit card and dining plan credits, hugged me, and said, "Welcome to Disney, honey! Have a great day."

I was appalled and disgusted. Disney should be 100% ashamed of themselves for this experience. I agree that until people stop going to this sad excuse for a restaurant nothing will change.

Thanks for the review, Kevin. It has helped ease the pain of this experience. We have been very disappointed and sad about not having the opportunity to eat in the castle. We have discussed making an attempt to get there again. However, after hearing your review, we definitely are glad we didn't miss anything and won't go back until changes happen.

ericafny
07-27-2008, 06:55 PM
WOW Nikki - that is an aweful experience. I am so sorry that happened to you:sad2: Seems like you handled yourself well though. Question: When the woman came out and said 'everything is taken care of, welcome to Disney' what did she mean? Did they credit your card? Were you able to get back those dining credits? I sure hope so!

*NikkiBell*
07-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Yup, they apparently never put it through (even though they said they did).

WaltD4Me
07-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow Nikki That is awful!!! I can't believe you were treated that way. :sad1: You are absolutely right..Disney should be ashamed of themselves. There is no way you should be penalized by something clearly out of your control. :mad:

I had something similiar happen with our Park Fare dinner. We had an ADR for 7:30pm, we were at the bus stop at our hotel 1 hour and 20 minutes before our reservation, we had NO trouble getting a bus all week, in fact most buses we took were 1/2 empty the whole time, BUT on this night BUS after BUS went by us FULL. There were 10 of us, one being a little girl completely decked out in her full Cinderella finery and we could not get a bus. We called Disney Dining and they said they would contact Park Fare, we finally got a bus and called Disney Dining again as we were running up the ramp to the monorail at MK. We arrived at Park Fare at 8pm, but we when we got there the Fairy Godmother came right up to us and said "Oh Good your here! We have been waiting for you!" We were lead right to table and had a fabulous dinner, we were the last to leave the restaurant, but still had great service and alot of time with Cinderella, she even took my niece out into the foyer to take a picture by the Christmas tree, something she isn't supposed to do she said. :goodvibes So this is how things SHOULD be. And it still happens, but I guess not at CRT. :sad2:

Taterella
07-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I hate that Disney has allowed CRT to become this bad experience, though I suppose demand isn't forcing a change. I have CRT lunch booked for our first day - my 4 yr old getting to see Cindy on her first day at Disney. Now I wonder if we should book something else, or just pay for the experience. Anyone have a lunch experience?

To avoid the pre-payment, though, I just told them it would be on the DDP, even though I wasn't certain I'd be getting the DDP at the time. It's what the CM recommended.

*NikkiBell*
07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
I had to give my credit card number even though I was using the Dining Plan.

jaurban
08-05-2008, 12:44 PM
You should note that the pre-pay is not limited to CRT, they do this for HDDR and probably some other dinners/shows as well. When I made our ADRs we had not yet decided about the dining plan, and now we have added it. But, I was charged nearly 6 months ago. I suppose I should advise we now have the plan to see if this is reversed - or perhaps do it at HDDR. (Also was pre-charged for the Princess Tea and a Segway tour).

Regarding CRT though, we did lunch in Dec. 06, and while I think the food was unremarkable, our DD4 at the time, could have cared less about it, she was in heaven seeing the princesses (Jasmine, Snow White, Fairy Godmother,and Belle and maybe one other, I think), who did come around to the tables, sign autographs and pose for pictures (which I understand is not part of the dinner event - only lunch and breakfast). I did not feel rushed, but then again, we are not linger over a meal type of people either, in fact I am sometimes embarassed that my DH asks for the check while we are still eating. (He doesn't like to wait, and that includes when he is ready to leave.)

IWISHFORDISNEY
08-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Loved the review Kevin. It was the best so far!!!! That dessert looks completely nasty. Oh my!! I am glad my little one is a boy and has no interest in princesses or eating in the castle.

mandymommy4
08-05-2008, 02:00 PM
This makes me happy I dont have any daughters. I have no interest in eating here and this review just make me feel better about my decision.

I have 3 DD and have no desire to eat there! Overpriced BAD food!

disneyholic family
08-05-2008, 03:07 PM
i finally listened to that podcast.....i was on the treadmill at the gym and you can imagine how everyone was looking at me as i nearly choked to death laughing....
outstanding review Kevin, albeit for a less than outstanding meal....

drakethib
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Anyone care for a pear?

IWISHFORDISNEY
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Anyone care for a pear?

:rotfl2:

WaltD4Me
08-05-2008, 05:48 PM
I have 3 DD and have no desire to eat there! Overpriced BAD food!

I have 2 nieces and no desire to eat there even if the food was decent. At least not for dinner at that price, the floorshow thing is what really turned me off. My nieces love meeting the characters, I know a floor show wouldn't impress them. We do the princess breakfast in Norway and they love that one. Lots of princess time. princess:

MenashaCorp
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Anyone care for a pear?

Over here :wave: That would help me!! My friends keep telling me..."Act you you got a pear...":thumbsup2