PDA

View Full Version : Its been a long time since I have posted...

Sir-Mickey
07-20-2008, 02:50 PM
My name is Brian Varley, I used to moderate the Teen Disney board a long time ago but grew up and started going to college which had strayed me away from having the time to be on this site. My Father was Robert A. Varley your beloved Bawb from the podcast. I wanted to post a thank you for the incredible amount of support you guys showed towards my family in our time of loss. I also want to apologize for how long it took for me to be able to post this message. I recently got a tattoo in honor of my dad and I wanted to share it with you.

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p331/BostonBrian_Photos/firsttattoo.jpg

Again Thanks so much for all your support and love. This community is amazing and look foward to being active on these boards. Its weird I have been to Disney more times in the past 2 months than the past three years. You take things for granted in life (I live in Orlando), but being in the parks makes me feel close to my Dad still.

-Brian Varley

robinc71
07-20-2008, 03:44 PM
What a beautifule tribute to your father!

Trentmom
07-20-2008, 06:30 PM
That is such a nice tribute to your father :goodvibes

You should see if this can be moved to the DISUNPLUGGED Section so everyone sees it :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Miz Diz
07-20-2008, 06:48 PM
That was very nice. Thanks for posting.

kaylajr
07-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Love the tattoo

I would very much like to share your post with other Disers
so I am going to try to copy this to the DISunplugged board

mommasita
07-20-2008, 07:49 PM
:hug:

I think that tattoo is Perfect..

Mary Jo
07-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi Brian,

What a wonderful tribute to your dad. Thank you for sharing it with us.
:hug:

safetymom
07-21-2008, 07:13 AM
What a wonderful way to remember your Dad.

lovetoscrap
07-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Brian, what a beautiful and wonderful tribute to your Dad. I hope you realize how much he is a part of the hearts and minds of so many people who's lives he touched. Just last week I saw a banana box and of course Bawb immediately came into my mind.

I am going to move this to the Unplugged Forum. I hope that you will continue to come back and be an active member of the DIS community again. :)

Mouse Skywalker
07-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Brian - I wanted to wish you all my sympathies on the loss of your father. He was a special man, and we all here thank you for sharing him with us on the podcast. Please accept my best wishes as you deal with his passing. Enjoy your memories of your father, and enjoy your time in the park.

*NikkiBell*
07-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you for visiting with us. We hope it will bring you some happy times. Be sure to join us for a chat on Wednesdays. It's always a barrel of laughs. :)

lttlmc3
07-21-2008, 10:18 AM
That's a great tattoo. Hope everything is getting better. Everyone is here if you need support.

lovetoscrap
07-21-2008, 10:21 AM
OH PHOOEY! Brian I didn't realize when I moved this that you had not completed your registration and won't be able to respond. Please post again on the Welcome Board so I can help you to complete your registration.

LilGMom
07-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Great tatoo tribute to your Dad. Thanks for sharing your tatoo.

DVCJones
07-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Brian,

Thanks for sharing your beautiful and special way of remembering your dad. Your tattoo is beautiful!!!!:thumbsup2

alebisi
07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Brian, Love your tattoo, thanks so much for sharing, it's nice that the parks reminds you of your father. I'm sure he is proud up there of the wonderful family he have. Lots of love, hugs and pixie dust!

prettypixie
07-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Great Tattoo Brian!

LovesThumper
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
What a beautiful rememberance of your Dad. Thanks for your post

peacelovemickey
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM
That is JUST AWESOME!!!! I hope you are doing well!

UrsulasShadow
07-21-2008, 04:12 PM
I posted this earlier, but although I'm still subscribed, my post disappeared!

It's so nice to see you again, Brian! I enjoyed meeting you last December, and had a lot of fun goofing with you and your dad.

I think Bawb would love the tattoo...after he was done yelling at you for getting a tattoo in the first place! I'm sure you have some wonderful Fenway memories shared with your father.

MenashaCorp
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
I posted this earlier, but although I'm still subscribed, my post disappeared!

It's so nice to see you again, Brian! I enjoyed meeting you last December, and had a lot of fun goofing with you and your dad.

I think Bawb would love the tattoo...after he was done yelling at you for getting a tattoo in the first place! I'm sure you have some wonderful Fenway memories shared with your father.

Not to worry, M... There are two copies of the thread (look down the page).

No such thing as too many threads dedicated to Bawb or the Varley family, of course...:goodvibes

UrsulasShadow
07-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Not to worry, M... There are two copies of the thread (look down the page).

No such thing as too many threads dedicated to Bawb or the Varley family, of course...:goodvibes

d'Oh!

aspen37
07-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for sharing Brian. That is great way to have a everyday reminder of your father. :goodvibes I have been wanting to do the same thing (memorial tattoo). Are you still doing the park tour's on KHART CAM? Thanks for posting your tattoo.

jen3003
07-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us Brian. Your Dad and your family are always in my thoughts. Bawb was truly one of a kind!

gr8leg8
07-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Dear Brian,

I hope this doesn't sound weird,
but after your dad's passing I thought a lot about you and your mom. I also lost my dad suddenly and it was devastating.
I keep wondering if you both were ok.
Your mom posted a thank you message and I was glad to read that she attended the memorial at the Palms.
That made me feel better.
But I still wondered about you.

Thank you for posting.

I don't want to sound too "here's the answer"ish, but I wanted to share what helped me find the light again from my dark place.

My dad passed in 2000. I still think about him a lot.
His pictures are in our house (the ones he took & our family pictures)
I love talking with my aunt. She is our geneology girl.
She has great stories of him. His first car, what he was like as a new dad, how she hated that the teachers all loved him.

I came to realize too late what a great man my dad was.
I think without meeting him that I can say the same of your dad. He was a great man.

I hope the love you have for him will always be there and that there will be joy in your life soon.

miss missy
07-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Love the tatoo :goodvibes Thanks for the post. I miss him and always will.

BernardandMissBianca
07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Love the tattoo Brian.
Thanks for sharing your tribute and thank you for sharing your Dad with us.

klam_chowder
07-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Thx for posting and sharing Brian. So wonderful of you to have shared your dad and your tribute with us. Best to you.

cheers,
:flower3:

Sir-Mickey
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Your very welcome everyone. One thing I forgot to mention was that I was born in MA and lived there for 16 years, the last thing that I did with my Dad was go to Tampa for a game 2 days before he died.
Also I will be doing the Khart Kam's very soon it has been very hard to even look at the Khart never mind bring it to the park up until now but very soon I will be in Epcot working on finishing what he started. There is also a flash game in the works that was started before my Dad passed away. It started as a project for school so I havent gotten much time to be able to put into it recently.

P.S. August 30th there might be a sighting of the Khart at a certain event dedicated to a certain someone involving a certain amazing desert.

MenashaCorp
07-23-2008, 02:15 PM
P.S. August 30th there might be a sighting of the Khart at a certain event dedicated to a certain someone involving a certain amazing desert.

OK... Now I may have to alter my "inability to go" in August.... :banana:

kab407
07-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Brain, thank you for posting. Love the tatt. Yea, he may have given you some grief over it but it was his duty as your Dad. I think we all agree he would have been touched beyond belief.

Hmmmmmm.........DVC points, FF miles, AP.....hmmmmmmm.......