PDA

View Full Version : (Over 21) What is your favorite alcoholic drink?

Colson39
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Since we seem to all be full of questions lately, I thought this was a rather appropriate one.

Personally, I'm a beer/rum kind of guy, and I also enjoy shots of Irish whiskey sometimes throughout a party night.

Also, I have a "danger shot", Jagermeister and Rumplemintz (aka Oil Slick or Screaming Nazi), although I save that one for special occasions ;)

kc5grw
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
I really like a nice smokey single malt scotch.

A Killer Bee, Jagermeister and Barenjager, is pretty good. It's sometimes called a Bumble Bee, especially when to layer the liquors since it even looks like a bumble bee. I usually don't go to that much effort.

A Black Russian is probably my all time favorite mixed drink.

Colson39
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Currently enjoying......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Colson39/100_5843.jpg

P.S. Saw the Rose and Crown glass last time we were at Epcot, had never seen them before, of course I instantly had to buy a pair...lol

Shannone1
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Mudslide made with real ice cream and choc. syrup. :)

medic9016
07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Patron Silver Tequila. Shots, Margarita, OJ, it's all good. Grey Goose Vodka with a splash of OJ or Cranberry juice. For the sweet side Malibu Rum and pineapple juice. Miller Lite..

lucy_love
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Wine, and that's it. :upsidedow

Beer makes my tummy upset, can't take all that carbonation! :sick:

des1954
07-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Currently enjoying......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Colson39/100_5843.jpg

P.S. Saw the Rose and Crown glass last time we were at Epcot, had never seen them before, of course I instantly had to buy a pair...lol

Chris... how did you get them to sell you a R&C glass?? I wanted to buy one for Al as a surprise, and was told they weren't for sale. Did you get it on ebay or craigslist??? I'd really like to pick one up for Al, he loves the R&C. Ya wanna sell me yours???

djblu883
07-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I vary in my tastes depending on my mood....but tend to like dark beer, Semi-Sweet wines and Irish Cream on the rocks or a white russian

des1954
07-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh... I got soooooo carried away with Chris' ability to snag a R&C glass, I forgot to post my favorite beverage.

#1 by far is....BEER! And in particular, -domestic... Ice House.
Import I like Labatts Blue or when at a British Pub...Speckled Hen.

#2 - Gin & Tonic w/lime

#3 - Margarita - I'm lazy & drink the Jose Quervo (or however you spell it) pre-mixed.:thumbsup2

Colson39
07-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Chris... how did you get them to sell you a R&C glass?? I wanted to buy one for Al as a surprise, and was told they weren't for sale. Did you get it on ebay or craigslist??? I'd really like to pick one up for Al, he loves the R&C. Ya wanna sell me yours???

No, they sell them now!!! That's why I was surprised, I had never seen them before. There is a cart right near the Rose and Crown, across the street (towards Canada). They sell Rose and Crown and British stuff there, but they used to only have shirts and stuff. They now have the glasses there as well!

ACtually, if I remember correctly, I think one of the stores (the tea store perhaps??) had the glasses as well, but yea, you don't have to do anything, they just sell them now. Just like you, the second I saw it I knew I had to buy it...lol

BigCheese_MainSqueez
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Beer (Natural Light) Can't beat it

des1954
07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
No, they sell them now!!! That's why I was surprised, I had never seen them before. There is a cart right near the Rose and Crown, across the street (towards Canada). They sell Rose and Crown and British stuff there, but they used to only have shirts and stuff. They now have the glasses there as well!

ACtually, if I remember correctly, I think one of the stores (the tea store perhaps??) had the glasses as well, but yea, you don't have to do anything, they just sell them now. Just like you, the second I saw it I knew I had to buy it...lol

Well.... I thank you for that one. I was at Epcot last week, but didn't think to look again. If it doesn't rain tomorrow <again> we're going back to Epcot after seeing Journey in 3D. We like the AMC at PI and it's about the same distance from our house as the only decent theatre we have in Lakeland.

Anyhow...I'll check that out!

2goofycampers
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Welsh Dragon from the R&C Pub, Fuzzy navel, any kind of margarita.

OK GRUMPY
07-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I like absolute vodka mixed with malibu rum, cran apple & pineapple juice Its called Absolute Stress. deal with it :lmao: Also Mudslides with ice cream:thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
07-17-2008, 08:21 PM
capt and coke

BigCheese_MainSqueez
07-17-2008, 08:26 PM
My wife loves melon balls

AuburnJen92
07-17-2008, 08:46 PM
My wife loves melon balls

There must be a lot of male melons around where you live!:lmao:

poohbearwithme
07-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Kahlua Chocolate Latte

jrandtysmom
07-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I like frozen Raspberry Margaritas with sugar on the rim instead of salt but mostly I'm a beer girl! :thumbsup2

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, I love Margaritas. Mostly I drink skinny pirates....rum and diet coke. A good Sangria. And I tried the Grey Goose Lemonade Slushy in Epcot last week~ WOW!

stky6
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Wild Turkey...what else do you need :banana:

Wife prefers Long Island Iced Teas...guess I could post that on the "How we met" thread too :rolleyes:

GOBA Mom Lynn
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm a Mike's Hard Lemonade fan.
Ami, that slushy sounds like my kind of drink. Where in Epcot do you get one?

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm a Mike's Hard Lemonade fan.
Ami, that slushy sounds like my kind of drink. Where in Epcot do you get one?

I like the Mikes stuff, too. Have you tried the new flavors like pomegranite? Yummy!

The slushy is in a stand in France. They have an orange one too that's good, but that Lemonade one~I have dreams about that! :laughing:

We4mickey
07-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Malibu rum and pineapple juice
Pina Colada
Strawberry Margarita- tip: do not suck through a straw quickly so you can ride on soarin

I am definately going to have to try the mudslide with ice cream :thumbsup2

DH Beer or coke and whiskey

LONE-STAR
07-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Well, I love Margaritas. Mostly I drink skinny pirates....rum and diet coke. A good Sangria. And I tried the Grey Goose Lemonade Slushy in Epcot last week~ WOW!

Diet Coke,Captin Morgan,Black berry brandy:) or instead of diet coke use Sierra Mist. Thats what my DW likes. But I mostly drink COLD beer.:thumbsup2

Born 2 Fish
07-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Beer,,,but always on the look for different mixed stuff.

But I must say in Epcot, either in Japan or China, there is a stand out front that has frozen "green teas" that has been mixed with some kinda nectar from the gods.:cool1:

StPeteDisneyFan
07-18-2008, 06:13 AM
I work in a liquor store so I am sampling everything. I keep telling myself it is product research so I can help my customers.;) My favorite drink is Jack and Coke. Prefer Gentleman Jack but my wallet doesn't. I will drink most any bourbon. Sometimes I want something fruity and sweet. Mix Malibu, Midori, Banana Liquor and pineapple juice. Splash of grenadine. Yummy!!! That is actually the Hula Hoop from Pop Century.
My DH likes Jim Beam and Coke. He never changes. No sense of adventure.

77ed
07-18-2008, 06:24 AM
BEER!:drinking1
I used to drink screwdrivers but after one long night :crazy2: I could not drink orange juice for a long time.

Rhonda
07-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Mojitos!! :lovestruc

I also like pomegranite martinis, wine, and dark beer.

Colson39
07-18-2008, 07:12 AM
I like the Mikes stuff, too. Have you tried the new flavors like pomegranite? Yummy!

The slushy is in a stand in France. They have an orange one too that's good, but that Lemonade one~I have dreams about that! :laughing:

Ami, I have to admit that I'm a huge fan of the Grey Goose Vodka Lemonade slushy they have in France. If the thing wasn't so freaking expensive I would be in big trouble, I can down those in 30 seconds....lol

Next to the Mexican Margaritas my new favorite drink in Epcot by far!

wdwbound
07-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Pina Colada......Mudslide....but the one thing that I drink most and that agrees with me no matter how much I drink is Kahlua on the Rocks! Oh, and don't forget to take aspirin before you go to bed...helps in the morning.

Nancy

loveDmouse
07-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Don't drink much but when I do I usually drink beer.
I did take quite a liking to Miami Vice on our last cruise. YUMMY!

Rhonda
07-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Don't drink much but when I do I usually drink beer.
I did take quite a liking to Miami Vice on our last cruise. YUMMY!

mmmmmmmmm! Those are good! :lovestruc

Tent Camping Mom
07-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Southern Suds - but I guess I can't count that since it's
my own homebrew. So I guess it would be beer....lager varieties
especially Yuengling.

Momof626x3
07-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Lately I've found blueberry vodka mixed with cranberry juice (or blueberry juice) very yummy. And I'm another fan of mudslides mixed with ice cream and Hershey syrup!

PolynesianPixie
07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Diet Coke,Captin Morgan,Black berry brandy:) or instead of diet coke use Sierra Mist. Thats what my DW likes. But I mostly drink COLD beer.:thumbsup2

Gotta try that!:thumbsup2

drafthorsecrazy
07-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Strawberry Margarita on the rocks( I think frozen margarita's delute the alcohol)
Long Island Iced Tea...nice and strong. Yep, If I'm gonna drink, bring on the buzz.

RNmomnFL
07-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Mostly beer drinking these days...draft, can or bottle will do. Back in the good ole days liked cherry vodka, lemonade schnapps with lemonade koolaid, butterscotch schnapps, etc. I've had mudslides but they are too heavy to drink much of. I've even had some lovely drink with grape koolaid and grain alcohol. My poor liver. :)

1goofy1
07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Beer. I like Warsteiner (German Beer), Miller Lite and Busch Light. I do like Margaritas but I have to drink so many of them to feel that buzz;) . I too liked screwdrivers but after one long night of drinking them I could not drink orange juice nor could I even stand the spell of oranges for a while.

77ed
07-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Beer. I like Warsteiner (German Beer), Miller Lite and Busch Light. I do like Margaritas but I have to drink so many of them to feel that buzz;) . I too liked screwdrivers but after one long night of drinking them I could not drink orange juice nor could I even stand the spell of oranges for a while.

I think I don't remember that night also.

ffpm63
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I like Margaritas and and drink a friend of mine made up he called it a minty coke which is Rum and coke with a shot of pepermint schnaps.

RNmomnFL
07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
I like Margaritas and and drink a friend of mine made up he called it a minty coke which is Rum and coke with a shot of pepermint schnaps.

I'd try one or two of those. Be best on a cold evening I think. Yum although it would have to be diet coke LOL.

bigdisneydaddy
07-20-2008, 04:04 PM
beer

ntsammy5
07-20-2008, 04:19 PM
BEER

and sometimes Merlot

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x95/*******Disney2005209-1.jpg

clkelley
07-20-2008, 04:58 PM
My favorite is a frozen mudslide made correctly with real ice cream, etc. Not that nasty mix that some of the high volume bars have started using.

Thumper_ehhhhh
07-21-2008, 10:01 AM
I like Rootbeer schnaps mixed with Rootbeer pop. 3 shots per can. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy after 4 or 5 of them lol

juligrl
07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Favorite mixed drink is a purple hooter - 1/2 oz vodka, 1/2 oz raspberry liqueur & 1 splash 7-Up® soda.