PDA

View Full Version : How did you meet your Significant Other?

g8trmom1
07-17-2008, 01:16 PM
This is always a good conversation. I'll start.
Pete and I met at college. We were at a Halloween Party. I was dressed as a 50's chick, poodle skirt and all. He was a Dr. in scrubs. All nite he kept coming up to me with his stethiscope asking if he could listen to my heart.
Quite the charmer, eh?

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
This is always a good conversation. I'll start.
Pete and I met at college. We were at a Halloween Party. I was dressed as a 50's chick, poodle skirt and all. He was a Dr. in scrubs. All nite he kept coming up to me with his stethiscope asking if he could listen to my heart.
Quite the charmer, eh?

Do you have pictures? You two sound so cute!

jrandtysmom
07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I don't have a current significant other but I'll share how I met my ex-husband. We met through friends and I really didn't like him, we didn't get along. Years later he started working at my old job and we hung out after work a few times and then started dating. I should've just kept my original opinion of him, would've saved me all the grief and money I spent on the divorce. :lmao: But then I wouldn't have my 2 DS's so it was worth it. :thumbsup2

g8trmom1
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Do you have pictures? You two sound so cute!
I'd have to dig for them...

Colson39
07-17-2008, 01:42 PM
We met on a blind date at a bar one night, about 5 years go. We started dating, and about 2 weeks in, I asked her where she graduated high school from. Turns out she said the same school and year as me. At this point, I was like wait, do I know you?

We actually went to middle school and high school together, and the second I saw her pictures from high school I instantly knew who she was (and her me). We both have changed quite a bit looks wise since then, which is why we didn't recognize each other. We weren't best friends or anything, but the kind of friends you would say hi and maybe eat at lunch with sometimes. We hadn't talked since high school, so it had been about 10 years since the last time we had seen each other.

The best part is when she brought out her 6th grade yearbook. She had a few girlfriends pictures highlighted, but only one guy in her entire 6th grade yearbook was highlighted, and that was me. Talk about a REALLY strange coincidence, we still have no idea why I was highlighted, I mainly remember her from high school...lol. It's almost like she knew that one day we would end up together ;)

BigDaddyRog
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
I worked with my wifes older sister, and she lived about a block from the job, so we went to her house to partake in some illegal activities! I walked in and she was sitting on the couch watching TV, and I knew I was gonna marry that girl right then and there, or at least violate her in several different ways. We barely even spoke on that first meeting, but those long glances at each other couldnt be mistaken for anything but teenage heat. 6 months later, I stole her away and illegally took her across state lines to Atlanta, because we had nothing else to do and needed the adventure. She was still 17, I was 19....making our way in life.....we didnt have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of....but we did just fine on our own. After a few expected breakups and typical youth drama....we got married, and lived happily ever after. We are now in the process of the "gray" part of "growing old and gray together"....and, though there are ALOT of things I would do differently if given the chance.....ID never change a thing about that first day when I just thought I was going to get high after work again.
Thats my redneck fairytale. Im no Prince Charming, but I sure landed myself a royal broad!

RvUsa
07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I will stick with my answer from another thread...

Mail order catalog!

Us3
07-17-2008, 01:47 PM
My dh and I lived in the same apartment complex across the pool from each other. He was one of those guys who sat down at the pool after work drinking beer with the guys! (not much has changed, ha) He was the "nice guy" who always spoke but never hit on me (like the other jerks)....so it was on, I went after him! :banana: Little did I know, that was his strategy? :confused3

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Scott and I met in college. Not the same college, but when we were in college. Anyway, we were both at an audition in New Bern, NC. It was sort of like the way they do American Idol, with the panel of judges and they tell you if you are worth gracing the stage or not. I found a room to practice in before the audition and along came Scott! We talked instead of practicing.....

After the audition, I went back to the hotel I was staying in and who walks out? Scott! We spent the afternoon together (along with my friends and...ahem...a guy I was kind of dating). My girlfriends decided they were crazy about Scott, but could tell he was "into me". Well, I was "into him" too. That "guy I was kind of dating" knew it too and told me I could go out with him but I couldn't marry him! :lmao:

We both left New Bern. I knew his name was Scott and that he went to NC State. That's it. Well, I couldn't stop thinking about him. So I devised a plan. I was selected to do a scene for the National Theatre conference and I was allowed to choose my partner. How about Scott? I called NC State looking for some guy named Scott. With 35,000 students that's got to narrow it down, right? :lmao: He wasn't too hard to find. He was thrilled to hear from me, never suspecting we'd see each other again. A couple months later, he drove to Maryland to find me. A few months after that he proposed!

Now 13 years and 3 daughters later...he's still the boy from New Bern!

des1954
07-17-2008, 01:49 PM
NEXT!!!

I moved to Sarasota, FL with my folks just shortly after my 19th birthday. We moved into a 55+ retirement community, and in 1973, Sarasota was NOT the place a 19 year old girl would want to move to. There was absolutely nothing to do but play bingo each night. I was not happy to say the least. My dad knew this & had to do something to keep me from moving back to WNY. Well, as fate would have it, this young, unsuspecting installer from the telephone company came to install our phone. My dad started asking him all kinds of questions about where the young kids hang out, what do they do, etc. This telephone guy thought my dad was probably a weird pedophile or something...but politely answered him. Then my dad let the cat out of the bag.... he had a 19 year old daughter who needed to be shown around town & connected with kids her own age. Would Mr. Telephone Man like to come over for dinner on Saturday and then take DD on a tour of Sarasota??:eek: Poor Rick was a starving 20 year old, and anything that sounded like a meal was too much temptation for him, so he accepted,,,, thinking that if this "daughter" was a real dog, he'd drive her around for 30 minutes and take her back home. In the meantime, my dad - who by this time was too smug for his own britches, came in and announced that he had me all set up for a date on Saturday!!! I couldn't believe it!!! This was the man who sat and laughed at me when I struggled to have one date get me back home in time for the next one... and he thought I needed help??? Needless to say, I was just a teensy-weensy pizzed off!!

Well... that was a month shy of 35 years ago,,,, and I'm still married to Mr. Telephone Man!!! I guess dad knew what he was doing.

Al has a similar story involving my dad,,, but I'll let him tell it when he comes back on Sunday.

Al & I have another brother who dad didn't make any "love connections" for, and even advised against marrying his "true love". This is the one who ended up divorced. He shouldda listened to dad!!!

des1954
07-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I worked with my wifes older sister, and she lived about a block from the job, so we went to her house to partake in some illegal activities! I walked in and she was sitting on the couch watching TV, and I knew I was gonna marry that girl right then and there, or at least violate her in several different ways. We barely even spoke on that first meeting, but those long glances at each other couldnt be mistaken for anything but teenage heat. 6 months later, I stole her away and illegally took her across state lines to Atlanta, because we had nothing else to do and needed the adventure. She was still 17, I was 19....making our way in life.....we didnt have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of....but we did just fine on our own. After a few expected breakups and typical youth drama....we got married, and lived happily ever after. We are now in the process of the "gray" part of "growing old and gray together"....and, though there are ALOT of things I would do differently if given the chance.....ID never change a thing about that first day when I just thought I was going to get high after work again.
Thats my redneck fairytale. Im no Prince Charming, but I sure landed myself a royal broad!

.....Well, my heart went BOOM, when I crossed that room, and she held her hand in mine eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Well, we danced thru the night, and we held each other tight, and before too long, I fell in love with her-er. I'll never dance with another, oooooh, when I saw her standing there!!

....Some enchanted evening; you may meet a stranger! You may meet a stranger across a crowded room. And somehow you meet, if only by chance... and I can't remember the next line to this song.....

Rhonda
07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
I grew up with a friend, named Dawn. She was a few years older than me, but we knew each other since we were little kids. She got married when I was 16 years old. While at the wedding, I glanced back and saw this cute boy walk in the door! I had no idea who he was, but I knew I really wanted to meet him!

So, at the reception, I asked around and found out that he was Dawn's cousin, Scott! (I never even knew she had a cousin!). So, being the bold hussy that I was at 16 :lmao: , I went up to him and asked him to dance!

Well, we danced the whole night, and by the end of the evening, I knew I was in love. :lovestruc

We dated through my senior year (he was already out of school and working) and got engaged 10 days after I graduated! Married the next spring! That was just over 25 years ago.

Weird......it sure doesn't seem that long ago....

Thanks for starting the great thread!! :yay:

RvUsa
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for starting the great thread!! :yay:

UHHH hummm,,, They "borrowed" the idea from my site http://www.rvusa.org/dev/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=233

:lmao:

The joke of the day too!!!

Thats ok, I swiped the UF&CC thread...

We4mickey
07-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Well, not anything too exciting for us. DH and I met in high school, yes we are high school sweethearts. He was actually more of a friend of my sisters. He kind of rescued me from a guy I was supposed to go to homecoming with that ended up being a jerk. The rest is history as they say. So, here we are 2 DS's and 27 years later and now going to be grandparents, who'd have thunk it?

big kahuna1
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM
He was a Dr. in scrubs. All nite he kept coming up to me with his stethiscope asking if he could listen to my heart.

You don't still believe that do you?

Me and my Wife are High School Sweethearts...actually, Middle School if you want to know the truth.:scared1:

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 03:31 PM
You started dating her when she was in Middle School and you were in college??? cradle robber....

Shannone1
07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Our story is pretty corny, lol.

I met Chad when I was 14 and walked into choir class on my first day at a new school. I was nervous and not excited about having had to move. The first thing I saw when I walked into the room was Chad's smile and he had me right then. We did the whole silly "tell her I like her" and "can you give him a note from me" middle school thing, lol. We were friends for two years and started dating when I was 16.

He proposed for the first time over the radio after we had been dating for about 6 months. The station played love songs all night and he called me up and told me to listen. I recorded it on a little cassette tape which I think I still have.

He proposed again during my Jr. Prom the next year. He got down on one knee is a balloon filled gazebo in front of all of my friends and gave me a promise ring.

We were married a year after I graduated and have been married for 17 years now. :cloud9:

Shannone1
07-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, not anything too exciting for us. DH and I met in high school, yes we are high school sweethearts. He was actually more of a friend of my sisters. He kind of rescued me from a guy I was supposed to go to homecoming with that ended up being a jerk. The rest is history as they say. So, here we are 2 DS's and 27 years later and now going to be grandparents, who'd have thunk it?

I think it's wonderful. I always like to hear about other high school sweethearts that have made it because all too often it goes the other way.

auntie
07-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I met my husband when I was in high school. A friend of mine was dating a friend of his. Only he had broken up with someone else, and was spending what she considered way too much time hanging out with her boyfriend and being a bad influence. I guess my friend figured if she found another girl for him, her boyfriend would pay more attention to her. We went on a blind date..along with our mutual friends. He showed up at my home at 10:00 at night..because we were all going to a ......"disco!" :laughing: Yes..I'm dating myself but...It was the 70's! I had a fake id and was underage.(and you only had to be 18 to drink back then!) I was so nervous I'd be found out. He was older and allowed to drink. I was impressed! ;) When we were at the club, I remember his asking me "Do you like Blue Hair"..to which I replied "who has blue hair?":confused3 ..it was the name of the BAND!:sad2: I was such a dork..still am. :rotfl: He thought I was a good dancer(and said so)...and I thought he was handsome and older than any of the "boys" I had dated. Of course that's because he was! We were all dancing, and there was a slow song. When it was over, he pulled me gently toward him and lifted my chin, and his lips met mine.:lovestruc It was as if time stood still for a moment. When we looked our friends were already seated, and we were the only people still on the dance floor. They were all grining and laughing, and he took alot of ribbing from his buddies about "robbing the cradle". I'm only four years younger but at that age..they considered me a "kid". Anyway, he didn't think I was too dorky because he kept showing up at my school(he had already graduated from school in another town). It was my senior year, and I had to make up two years of gym classes that I had..ahemm.. previously avoided (..another thing my kids don't know about! :eek: ) ..and wasn't going to be able to graduate without them. So I literally played tennis three periods a day. At first he'd drive by and he thought I was quite the athlete playing tennis all the time. :laughing: Then he came to know the truth..and offered to play with me. :hug: Well, I did graduate...and he did take me to my senior prom, and a year later we were married, and four years after that we had our first child.
We've been married 32 years.
Like any couple we've been through lots of ups and downs..and everything that life can throw at you..we've been hit with it, and then some. It hasn't always been an easy road..but it's the road I'd choose again. :wizard:

Oh..and our mutual friends..they broke up. She found out it wasn't my husband taking up all her boyfriends time..but another girl!

BigDaddyRog
07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
What a great story, Phyl!!! I hated gym too, well...i appreciated gym because I could sneak under the bleachers and study Wild Wood Weed, but the other side of the bleachers was just too dang hot to be throwin a ball around in!!!

DisCamper
07-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Cheryl and I meet at the Jupiter Wal-mart. She just moved 3 days earlier from Arkansas and was working there. I was just looking around in the electronic department, when she just came up and started talking to me. We talked for about 1 hour she gave me her #. Two day later we went on our first date and after 8 years and one Rudy we are still together.

AuburnJen92
07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
DH and I were both in Auburn's band together and basically we didn't associate together until I had a rat child (first year band person that a veteran "adopts and takes around campus to show them a good time) that was his frat brother. We knew each other for a couple of years before by just doing the same things. The fall of my junior year, my former rat child calls me up and says that he needs a favor and would I help him out. He made it sound like this person was so pathetic and needed a date desperately and never had a date. Naive me didn't realize that the person he was going to take was the girl I couldn't stand in my section with the same first name. I can't stand know it alls, and she was the poster child for it. Her grandfather had suddenly passed and she couldn't go to the formal and I had 48 hours to get a formal dress. (If you ladies are well endowed, you know how difficult this is) We hit it off ok for the first date and 18 years later, one heathen (oh I mean my son), a dog that has come and gone and several sugar gliders (we lost two in two hurricanes) later, we are still going strong. We didn't get married until '96, so I just use how long we have been together. 12 yrs married. I always tease him that I had to play second fiddle to that other Jen, but he sluff it off. They would have never worked. She is too much of a blonde...I have somewhat of a clue most of the time...

stacktester
07-17-2008, 05:04 PM

I knew Rog's story would be best.:rotfl2:

AuburnJen92
07-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I knew Rog's story would be best.:rotfl2:

all the rest of us have uneventful lives....:confused3

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 05:10 PM
DH and I were both in Auburn's band together and basically we didn't associate together until I had a rat child (first year band person that a veteran "adopts and takes around campus to show them a good time) that was his frat brother. We knew each other for a couple of years before by just doing the same things. The fall of my junior year, my former rat child calls me up and says that he needs a favor and would I help him out. He made it sound like this person was so pathetic and needed a date desperately and never had a date. Naive me didn't realize that the person he was going to take was the girl I couldn't stand in my section with the same first name. I can't stand know it alls, and she was the poster child for it. Her grandfather had suddenly passed and she couldn't go to the formal and I had 48 hours to get a formal dress. (If you ladies are well endowed, you know how difficult this is) We hit it off ok for the first date and 18 years later, one heathen (oh I mean my son), a dog that has come and gone and several sugar gliders (we lost two in two hurricanes) later, we are still going strong. We didn't get married until '96, so I just use how long we have been together. 12 yrs married. I always tease him that I had to play second fiddle to that other Jen, but he sluff it off. They would have never worked. She is too much of a blonde...I have somewhat of a clue most of the time...

well, you ended up alright.... Most Florida guys aren't that pathetic....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

AuburnJen92
07-17-2008, 05:18 PM
well, you ended up alright.... Most Florida guys aren't that pathetic....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

i know...:lmao: (remember I grew up in Florida...)

DisCamper
07-17-2008, 08:12 PM
To add more to Cheryl and my story I just started dating weeks before and we spent lots of time together. After Cherylís and my first date I called the other girl and broke it off. Something just told me she was the ONE.:thumbsup2

Momof626x3
07-17-2008, 08:35 PM
My friend and her boyfriend had 2 extra tickets to go see Def Leopard, so they invited me to go and tried to set me up with some guy I never got to meet...he was in a car accident and ended up with his arm in one of those straight out cast thingies. So they had one extra ticket and the day of the concert her boyfriend went to work and asked some guy he worked with if he wanted to go. Well it was love at first sight (he was bent over getting a beer). We went to Saratoga park to drink a bit before the concert, I had a few too many and sang "Crazy for You" to him...which became our song of course. We dated and eventually moved in together and have been married for 11 years. I'm so glad that other guy whom I've never met broke his arm that fateful day!

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I used to frequent "gentlemens" clubs back in the day, and I went into one, and saw this dancer... I knew I had to get her name.... I spent $300 on lapdances, and that's how I met my future wife.........

djblu883
07-17-2008, 08:44 PM
well I met my sweetheart one night in the local bar....A bunch of us girls were sitting at a table and a long time friend was sitting up at the bar talking to this handsome guy and called me over and introduced us and was told he was new in town and could I show him around...well I took him over to "meet the girls" and he introduced himself as I B Chuck....we all got a good laugh.....later that night it was time for the place to close and I offered him a ride home...my buddy suggested we all meet the next night for dinner so I took IB Chuck home and confirmed the date for the next night....IB Chuck was a widower with a chip on his shoulder and seemed to need a friend...i wasn't really looking for a BF but good friends are hard to come by and I'm a good one so ....long story short after a few months of "dates" we became more than just friends and eventually fell in love....he asked my kids 2 years later if he could marry me and cooked up a romantic proposal back at the same pub with their help....life has been interesting to say the least and rocky at best but out love has lasted through even the worst of times...:hippie: I B Chuck and I are best friends and have been together for 15 years now! Can't ask for more than that!!!

g8trmom1
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
:sad2:

AuburnJen92
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I used to frequent "gentlemens" clubs back in the day, and I went into one, and saw this dancer... I knew I had to get her name.... I spent $300 on lapdances, and that's how I met my future wife.........

she never told me about lapdances....:confused3

(don't get me wrong, i am NOT into lapdances)

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 09:09 PM
it's a dark secret that she refuses to let out of her closet.

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
it's a dark secret that she refuses to let out of her closet.

I'd hit you for her but I can't reach you.

g8trmom1
07-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Just ignore him

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 09:25 PM
oh wait, that was the gal before you....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

des1954
07-17-2008, 09:26 PM
I thought he was referring to the NEXT Mrs. Pwetty Pwincess!:lmao:

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 09:29 PM
i'm happy with the one I got, i couldn't handle another.

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Are you planning to sleep on the couch tonight, Pete? :lmao:

g8trmom1
07-17-2008, 09:43 PM
He's been saying he has homework to do, but he has been on here all nite. Does anyone want to help me build a Kitty Tower for the cats? We have the wood and all, but he's been putting it off.... it worked for the Mickey Light post...

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
:rotfl2: I'll give you a hand with that!

stacktester
07-17-2008, 09:57 PM
He's been saying he has homework to do, but he has been on here all nite. Does anyone want to help me build a Kitty Tower for the cats? We have the wood and all, but he's been putting it off.... it worked for the Mickey Light post...

I talked to Gatordad or Gatuhdad as Kris, Chris or Cris calls him lmao via telephone earlier. How is it he never completes his homework? Poor Gatormom.

I got my pics back tonight from the 4th GG. Ami I'm sorry honey but I didn't have your camera. It was mine. It has a pic of my 8 kids on it lol. I'm gonna download em shortly and I'll post them on the 4th thread.

g8trmom1
07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
:rotfl2: I'll give you a hand with that!

Can you work power tools?:cool1:

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
I talked to Gatordad or Gatuhdad as Kris, Chris or Cris calls him lmao via telephone earlier. How is it he never completes his homework? Poor Gatormom.

I got my pics back tonight from the 4th GG. Ami I'm sorry honey but I didn't have your camera. It was mine. It has a pic of my 8 kids on it lol. I'm gonna download em shortly and I'll post them on the 4th thread.

Oh well. That's better anyhow. I lied about what was on it.:rotfl:

g8trmom1
07-17-2008, 10:00 PM

Do I talk like a New Yawka?
Auntie, I need back up!!!

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Can you work power tools?:cool1:

Heck yeah! I not only grace the stage, but build sets, too! Bring on the kitty tower!

disney4dan
07-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Great thread! DW Nancy and I first met back in high school while working near each other at different businesses and had talked a few times. She worked at a supermarket, and in high school I worked at a nearby chinese restaurant. One day, the manager of the restaurant sent me to the store to get 6 cases of apple sauce (for the sweet & sour sauce) and a dozen gallons of bleach to clean the floor. As I'm wheeling this stuff around the store thinking I must look like a freak, wearing clothes that got dirty from cleaning the kitchen, I figured I might as well go to the line with the best looking cashier because I might as well spend my time explaining this weird story to someone pretty! She told me I smelled like a chicken wing and laughed at my story.

Moving forward to the end of freshman year in college, we both were single and I was going to her workplace on Friday after work to cash my paycheck (aging myself here - anyone else remember when most businesses, including banks, were closed on weekends? Remember having to fill the gas tank on Friday because most gas stations were closed?)

Anyhow, back to the topic, I went in to cash my check one night and buy a lottery ticket. She was working in the cash office of a local supermarket that would cash paychecks from other local businesses after the banks were closed. Nancy said that the rule was that if you won, you had to take the person who sold you the ticket out for dinner. I offered to take her out to dinner before the numbers were picked, and if I lost she would owe me another date! After seeing her at work all those years, I never figured she would be interested in a guy like me, and jumped at the chance. We dated for a few years, got married right out of college and 24 years later are still doing our best to enjoy life. Luckily, we both have the Disney obsession.

Born 2 Fish
07-18-2008, 05:37 PM
HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED:
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.:rotfl2:

g8trmom1
07-18-2008, 05:49 PM
HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED:
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.:rotfl2:

:rotfl:
That's pretty good:rotfl: !

kc5grw
07-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I was best man at my wife's first wedding 9 years before I married her... ... ... ...

AuburnJen92
07-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I was best man at my wife's first wedding 9 years before I married her... ... ... ...

now that is just freaky...

jrandtysmom
07-18-2008, 07:02 PM

Now that's the best story! :thumbsup2

We4mickey
07-18-2008, 07:07 PM

I know someone who was maid of honor at her husbands first wedding. I guess some things are just meant to be, hey?

auntie
07-18-2008, 08:42 PM

I guess YOU really were the "best man" for her! ;)

RNmomnFL
07-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Well, no sweet stories here to tell about DH and I and our first date (if you can call it that). We knew of one another from the local party scene but ended up together one night at a roadside party...I was on crutches due to a broken leg so I couldn't run as my DH always says. Hubby was blasted and tried to take on a speeding car which resulted in a hand injury and him proceeding to bleed all over my white mini-skirt. Good times LOL.

BigDaddyRog
07-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Man...this is so familiar to me....local party scenes, roadside parties, blasted guys doing idiotic stuff to impress babes in mini-skirts.....BonJovi, Cinderella or Ratt blasting out of the back of somebody's Trans-am. Those sure were the good ol'times!!

RNmomnFL
07-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Exactly Rog! Rural country road, partying 'til the cops come and bust up all the fun! I shudder to think of my own kids behaving this way LOL!

Born 2 Fish
07-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I did not and still do not tell my son the "good times" crap that I did as a young person:scared1: ,,,and he's 25.
No No No ,,I will not do that .:)

PolynesianPixie
07-19-2008, 04:30 PM
I did not and still do not tell my son the "good times" crap that I did as a young person:scared1: ,,,and he's 25.
No No No ,,I will not do that .:)

Hey Frank...you haven't told about the yellow pants on this thread yet!

Born 2 Fish
07-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey Frank...you haven't told about the yellow pants on this thread yet!

Do you mean this "yellow pants" story ?
http://www.rvusa.org/dev/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=233

PolynesianPixie
07-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Do you mean this "yellow pants" story ?
http://www.rvusa.org/dev/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=233

Yep! That's the one!:)

3gr8kids
07-19-2008, 10:13 PM
My DH and I met at the grocery store we both worked at when we were in high school. He was a "dairy" boy, and I was a "produce" girl. We used to go into the dairy cooler and do whip cream shots together until we realized we were sending waaayyy to many cases of whip cream back to the manufacturer because "for some strange reason, they were all flat and couldn't be sold to the customers". Come to think of it, it's no wonder my gray matter is slightly depleted. And to think I always blame that on my kids, lol. :confused3
Anyway, chalk up another "high school sweethearts" story here ~ just last year we celebrated our 20th anniversary (I was 21 and he was 20 when we married, he was just slightly embarrassed that I had to buy his beers for him at our reception, lol and we're still going strong ~ he is still my best friend in the whole world!

4daubers
07-20-2008, 01:33 PM
I haven't been on the boards this week...this is fun.

DH and I met in college. We attended a small college in a small town that the only place to go dancing was at the hotel bars. Friday and Saturday nights, we would all go to the local hotel bar to dance. One night, I was waiting for my boyfriend to come in from Houston and was sitting at a table. There was a guy sitting across the table and I said "Say something damnit, you're boring" He said "I don't have say anything to you B*&^%". That's how we met. We didn't like each other and only began dating because our roommates began dating so we would double date. When it became serious, we had a college professor try to talk us out of dating. DH was a basketball player and the prof didn't like jocks but he liked me. :rotfl:

We dated 3 years and next month we will be married 32 years and our twins will turn 17. To think it all began in a Holiday Inn in a small town in the Texas Hill Country with an ugly introduction. What's funny is that I have never heard my husband use the B word again...at least not out loud. ;)

I couldn't have wished for a better life or better soul mate. It's been good and keeps getting better. :love:

VACAMPER
07-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Kroger meat dept., best piece of meat he ever bought.:lmao:

We married four months later and have been married for 13 years.

RNmomnFL
07-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I haven't been on the boards this week...this is fun.

DH and I met in college. We attended a small college in a small town that the only place to go dancing was at the hotel bars. Friday and Saturday nights, we would all go to the local hotel bar to dance. One night, I was waiting for my boyfriend to come in from Houston and was sitting at a table. There was a guy sitting across the table and I said "Say something damnit, you're boring" He said "I don't have say anything to you B*&^%". That's how we met. We didn't like each other and only began dating because our roommates began dating so we would double date. When it became serious, we had a college professor try to talk us out of dating. DH was a basketball player and the prof didn't like jocks but he liked me. :rotfl:

We dated 3 years and next month we will be married 32 years and our twins will turn 17. To think it all began in a Holiday Inn in a small town in the Texas Hill Country with an ugly introduction. What's funny is that I have never heard my husband use the B word again...at least not out loud. ;)

I couldn't have wished for a better life or better soul mate. It's been good and keeps getting better. :love:

Always amazed when people are together despite a rocky start. Thanks for sharing. This is fun.

steffali
07-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I met my hubby at the worst place to meet someone... a bar! He saw me on the dance floor and couldn't resist my moves.. hahahaha :rotfl: I can't type that wihout laughing! Believe it or not I actually let him drive me home that night which is something I have NEVER done before. Go Figure:thumbsup2

cyberdeb
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
We knew each other as toddlers. My mother used to babysit for him and his brothers and sisters. We became friends in middle school where i had a huge crush on him. After 9th grade i didnt see him again until after i was divorced from first husband and moved back home. I ran into him in a local bar and I said, "Where have you been all these years, werent we supposed to get married?". He looked at his watch and said "how bout tomorrow". Of course we didnt get married then, but we dated for a while and have been VERY happily married for 16 years now. :lovestruc

DznyRulz
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
DW and I used to work in the same office. She was in the Navy and I was a contractor. I was sitting with a friend in one of the conference rooms when she walked in and I told my friend right then I was going to marry her. Shortly after that she went on leave for several months due to a medical issue. Me being the social dork that I was, I had to be prodded, physically, into asking her out so it wasn't until 6 months after I laid eyes on her that we had our first date. Six months to the day after our first date I drunkenly asked her to marry me at a Xmas party. She did give me an out the next morning after I sobered up but I didn't take it. She knew I was serious when I called my Mom. Seventeen and a half years married and still going strong.

auntie
07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
We knew each other as toddlers. My mother used to babysit for him and his brothers and sisters. We became friends in middle school where i had a huge crush on him. After 9th grade i didnt see him again until after i was divorced from first husband and moved back home. I ran into him in a local bar and I said, "Where have you been all these years, werent we supposed to get married?". He looked at his watch and said "how bout tomorrow". Of course we didnt get married then, but we dated for a while and have been VERY happily married for 16 years now. :lovestruc

:wizard: Destiny...you were meant to be...very sweet.:lovestruc

g8trmom1
07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
I enjoyed reading all of these stories!! All of them are great!!!:goodvibes

djblu883
07-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Man...this is so familiar to me....local party scenes, roadside parties, blasted guys doing idiotic stuff to impress babes in mini-skirts.....BonJovi, Cinderella or Ratt blasting out of the back of somebody's Trans-am. Those sure were the good ol'times!!

lol how about Led Zeplin, Jimi Hendrix, Alman(sp) Brothers

Shelly F - Ohio
07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
We met online 12 years ago during a blizzard. We were both stranded at home and I was board and he had just placed a personal ad. I did a search for single guys who lived close by and his popped up. By reading his profile we had A LOT in common so I replied. That was on a Wed and that Sat we went to dinner and a movie. We have been married for 9 years.

loveDmouse
07-21-2008, 07:04 PM
My husband and I knew each other from school but didn't date in school.
We were dating a few months and got engaged. Just knew he was the one. Have been married now for 14 years this November. :lovestruc
Not very exciting but it is what it is.

Goobergal99
07-22-2008, 02:58 AM
We met in the foodcourt at the mall when I was 14 and he was 16.

I turned to my best friend Kevin and said "I'm going to marry that kid one day" we started dating shortly after and have been together ever since 11 years strong, married for 4 of them :lovestruc

lisa8200
08-04-2008, 09:13 AM
For many years I was singing in a band based in Jacksonville Fl. Lisa was dating a guy that knew some of the other band members. This was the first show at this bar that just happened to be a strip club. During one of the breaks, I decided to stop by and talk to the pretty blond ( yes it was Lisa ). Lucky for me, the guitar player decided to take a picture ( see our avatar ). After talking with her for most of my free time the rest of the night, we exchanged phone numbers and decided to try and meet up later in the week. I asked her about the guy she was with and she told me that it was not a boyfriend but, she was having a problem getting him out of her life. Since my email address was on the bands website, Lisa started to email me and we started to get really close. We were not dating at this point, just being friends and getting to know each other. Well, I had recently went through a divorce and so had she so we talked alot and dated for about a year. For some reason, I had a rough spell where I thought I should try and give my ex-wife another chance. This of course did not work out and Lisa understandably ceased all talking to me as if I didn't exist. After a realized what a bad idea it was to try and get back with my ex, I also realized what a wonderful woman I had let go. I told most of my friends that Lisa was the one that got away and that if I ever had a chance again, I would not let her go. Sometime later, I started checking in on her via E-mail and eventually, another friend of hers brought her to another show. The door didn't fly open but, it did open a little and I put my foot in it and refused to let her walk away again. It hasn't been that long but, we have our fourth anniversary this November. How often can you meet and Marry a woman that you meet in a strip club that owns a wing business. Dream girl????? I think so!!!!

VACAMPER
08-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Cute story.

Gatordad
08-04-2008, 09:17 AM
good story Mike. I met my wife at a club where she was dancing.

kimbo0569
08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I met my dh, Patrick while taking classes in a local community college. I was on the verge of breaking up with my current boyfriend, Chris. My current and I had already planned a New Year's Eve weekend (at Disneyworld...lol)and I just knew that it was going to make us or break us. I had started already talking to Patrick right before the trip. After the trip and the disaster ride home from Florida, I called Patrick and we went out. I thought it was just going to be friends. A month after our first get together, and a whole month talking in before and after classes, we started going out exclusively - that was in February 1996. We got engaged just over 2 years later and married in October 1999. Where was our honeymoon?! DisneyWorld, of course:lovestruc
We're still happy and together with two daughters, (the oldest of which is a "Disney souvenir" :rolleyes1

VACAMPER
08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Those disney souveniors can be expensive.

kimbo0569
08-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Those disney souveniors can be expensive.

Yeah, but it was the best one I ever took back with me ;)

stacktester
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
good story Mike. I met my wife at a club where she was dancing.

Kris do you want me to smack him at the Labor Day GG? I will have a golf cart so maybe a fly by when he's alone. If I spelled your name wrong it's because you don't have it in siggy lol.

g8trmom1
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Kris do you want me to smack him at the Labor Day GG? I will have a golf cart so maybe a fly by when he's alone. If I spelled your name wrong it's because you don't have it in siggy lol.

Sure...but anyone that has ever met me knows it couldn't be true!! Although I was ALOT thinner when I met him....:confused3

stacktester
08-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Pete's a lucky man to have a great wife and mutha lmao. I just had to throw that in.

OK, this may come as a shock and I've been holding off posting this but there is a Miss Stacktester now. I met her shortly before we left for the 4th GG. I've actually done some environmental work for her family for about 10 years now and we've talked on the phone but had never met. I ran into her at their office one day and then unfortunately at her brothers viewing. He died of Pancreatic Cancer about 4 weeks after diagnosis. He was a great person and is missed by many might I add. He was only 48.

Anyway, we've been seeing each other for about a month or so now. We both have daughters who ride horses, 4 wheelers and enjoy camping. Not to mention we have a lot of same interests. She's planning on coming to the LDGG. I'm not sure how Gatordad will accept her. She's from the country lol and when describing something that had exploded the other night she said it "blowed up". I have ragged her ever since. I'm working on the word blown before I get her there. If she knew I told you all this I will be single again lol. Anyway, her name is Donna and she's really nice. She's looking forward to meeting the regulars later this month.

LONE-STAR
08-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Pete's a lucky man to have a great wife and mutha lmao. I just had to throw that in.

OK, this may come as a shock and I've been holding off posting this but there is a Miss Stacktester now. I met her shortly before we left for the 4th GG. I've actually done some environmental work for her family for about 10 years now and we've talked on the phone but had never met. I ran into her at their office one day and then unfortunately at her brothers viewing. He died of Pancreatic Cancer about 4 weeks after diagnosis. He was a great person and is missed by many might I add. He was only 48.

Anyway, we've been seeing each other for about a month or so now. We both have daughters who ride horses, 4 wheelers and enjoy camping. Not to mention we have a lot of same interests. She's planning on coming to the LDGG. I'm not sure how Gatordad will accept her. She's from the country lol and when describing something that had exploded the other night she said it "blowed up". I have ragged her ever since. I'm working on the word blown before I get her there. If she knew I told you all this I will be single again lol. Anyway, her name is Donna and she's really nice. She's looking forward to meeting the regulars later this month.

Whats wrong with being from the country :confused3. Congrats man hope it works out for you:thumbsup2

jrandtysmom
08-04-2008, 11:59 PM

Am I the only one still single here now? :confused3

bradisgoofy
08-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Great posts.

I was going with a girl who lived on the same street as my wife. This girl wanted me to meet the neighborhood flirt. At the time DW was 15. After that meeting we became fast friends, I would drop off my girlfriend and go down to DW's house and sit on the porch and talk a couple hours each night. I broke up with that girl friend a short time later and dated a couple other girls, I never considered dating DW because we were "just friends". On Labor Day weekend three of us, me, DW and a buddy, went to the fireworks. We were lying on a hill dodging the falling fireworks ashes when for some reason even unknown to me to this day, I leaned over and kissed her. Two years later and just 12 days after she turned 18, we got married. Yesterday, the 4th, was our 35th Anniversary.

stacktester
08-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Good story Brad. So was the ex girlfriend mad? Congrats on the 35 years too. She must be one heck of a woman lol to put up with you for that long. :lmao:

Nothing wrong with the country Michael. I was raised on a small farm and we say many words such as ain't, ya'll and other words not published in the dictionary.

PolynesianPixie
08-05-2008, 06:49 AM

Aww, Donnie and Donna....how cute! I wish I could be there LD to meet her! My in laws say things like "blowed up", too. And "did he ate yet?" and "he don't want to."

I'm really happy for you!

VACAMPER
08-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Happy Anniversary Brad!

Congrats Donnie, you deserve a good girl.

Us3
08-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Great posts.

I was going with a girl who lived on the same street as my wife. This girl wanted me to meet the neighborhood flirt. At the time DW was 15. After that meeting we became fast friends, I would drop off my girlfriend and go down to DW's house and sit on the porch and talk a couple hours each night. I broke up with that girl friend a short time later and dated a couple other girls, I never considered dating DW because we were "just friends". On Labor Day weekend three of us, me, DW and a buddy, went to the fireworks. We were lying on a hill dodging the falling fireworks ashes when for some reason even unknown to me to this day, I leaned over and kissed her. Two years later and just 12 days after she turned 18, we got married. Yesterday, the 4th, was our 35th Anniversary.

:goodvibes This was an great story..thanks for sharing! Congrats on your 35th!!

Us3
08-05-2008, 09:07 AM
OK, this may come as a shock and I've been holding off posting this but there is a Miss Stacktester now.

Go Donnie, go Donnie! hehe

Seriously, congrats! Like Amanda said, you're deserving of a good woman...and she sounds like a keeper! :thumbsup2

kimsuenew
08-05-2008, 09:09 AM
At work! :goodvibes We have been together 20 years now!

Gatordad
08-05-2008, 09:17 AM

I'll try not to mess it all up.

MusiqChic99
08-05-2008, 09:37 AM
We hung out in the same group of people. He had a girlfriend with whom I wasn't friends with but I never cared for her or HIM! In fact I couldn't stand him. Eventually that group of friends kinda split due to some people moving and such.

2 years later.....One night after a long night out I stopped at a gas station and he was there. I remember the girl I was with was like "hey theres Darrell". I dunked down in my seat and said "maybe he won't remember me" Boy did he ever. He hopped in the car and after that everywhere I was there he was. My 'friend" gave him my number and email. He called me and emailed me...not obsessivly but enough! Finally I gave in and called him back. We had a really great conversation and well the rest is history. He became my best friend and still is to this day.

I guess there is a fine line between love and hate after all.

stacktester
08-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I'll try not to mess it all up.

Gee thanks. :lmao:

g8trmom1
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Gee thanks. :lmao:

I'll keep him in line, don't worry. You've put up with enough junk at the last GG.

AuburnJen92
08-05-2008, 04:49 PM

I remember you mentioning her. Congrats man! Remember, I lived 9 years in Ala-freakin-bama. Nothing really surprises me any more. I look forward to meeting her.

Gatordad
08-05-2008, 06:50 PM
We hung out in the same group of people. He had a girlfriend with whom I wasn't friends with but I never cared for her or HIM! In fact I couldn't stand him. Eventually that group of friends kinda split due to some people moving and such.

2 years later.....One night after a long night out I stopped at a gas station and he was there. I remember the girl I was with was like "hey theres Darrell". I dunked down in my seat and said "maybe he won't remember me" Boy did he ever. He hopped in the car and after that everywhere I was there he was. My 'friend" gave him my number and email. He called me and emailed me...not obsessivly but enough! Finally I gave in and called him back. We had a really great conversation and well the rest is history. He became my best friend and still is to this day.

I guess there is a fine line between love and hate after all.

damn you are a youngin..... we didn't have no fancy innernet when my wife and I met. Heck, you were livin large if you had a dual floppy machine with a 20 meg hard drive.

Donnie, if she can put up with you and your antics, ain't nuttin gatordad will do to mess up love. I will have to tell ms lazy days you are off the market.

bradisgoofy
08-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Good story Brad. So was the ex girlfriend mad? Congrats on the 35 years too. She must be one heck of a woman lol to put up with you for that long. :lmao:Not to freak anyone out but the girlfriend that introduced us tried to kill herself after I broke up with her. She was in a mental institution for two months. I just drive people nuts. :confused3 And yes, DW is special to put up with me. :thumbsup2

stacktester
08-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Not to freak anyone out but the girlfriend that introduced us tried to kill herself after I broke up with her. She was in a mental institution for two months. I just drive people nuts. :confused3 And yes, DW is special to put up with me. :thumbsup2

I wonder if she knew you'd have that cool lime green cart one day and it drove her over the edge? Just kidding. That's sad she felt she needed someone that badly and was so insecure. She probably didn't have a good home life or something. Hopefully she got better.

stacktester
08-06-2008, 01:07 AM
Donnie, if she can put up with you and your antics, ain't nuttin gatordad will do to mess up love. I will have to tell ms lazy days you are off the market.

Man, I didn't think about how Ms Lazy Days would feel. Maybe I should go back to the single life lol. It's taking a lot to get used to after being single for 6 years. I've gotten set in my ways. Donna and I live about 45 minutes apart so it gives us a lot of time apart which I think is good so we don't see each other constantly. To be honest, she's way too nice a girl than I deserve. Her real test will be when the Kungaloosh is flowing as BigDisneyDaddy calls it during the LDGG. If she can handle me then, she's a keeper lol. Hopefully Renee will help keep me in line lol.

DisCamper
08-06-2008, 03:19 AM
Good luck stacktester hope to meet her for the LDGG. Is she ready to meet the Disers for Saturday night GG party while everyone gets "blowed up?

stacktester
08-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Good luck stacktester hope to meet her for the LDGG. Is she ready to meet the Disers for Saturday night GG party while everyone gets "blowed up?

This is going to make her laugh. We went with my camping group from my neighborhood 2 weeks ago to Ginnie Springs and some of the guys can get pretty looped so if she handled that I think she can deal with our dis group. It will be a good test though huh? I'm glad you guys are coming back. I'm trying to find the LDGG thread so I can see who all's coming.

des1954
08-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Ooooohhhh!!! Donnie has a girlfriend!!

Donnie and Donna, sittin' in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes love, then comes marriage.
Then comes a baby in the baby carriage!!

All the best to you, Donnie! You're a great guy and deserve the very best.
Can't wait to meet your "sweetie"!:thumbsup2

TxTink :)
08-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Our turn... :lovestruc I went to the Junior College in his home town and we "knew of" each other through seeing each other at the local college hangout (also my workplace). I kept giving him free drinks because I thought he was cute. I eventually got the nerve to ask him to dance (George Straits "Amarillo by Morning") and he said no at first, saying he 'couldn't dance'- then I said "let me be the judge of that" and the rest is history. :love: We married a year and a half later and this month will be 8 years! :banana:
TxTink :love2: LONE-STAR

Gatordad
08-07-2008, 03:32 PM

she won't be able to handle us.... heck, why do you think we are put in a loop by ourselves......

PolynesianPixie
08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
she won't be able to handle us.... heck, why do you think we are put in a loop by ourselves......

Why don't you think she could handle our group? Come on, be positive!!!!!! Do you have visions of her running, screaming from the campground...terrified of who Donnie chooses to hang out with? Personally, I think we're all pretty fandamtabulous and anyone would be honored to drink Kungaloosh and have a few laughs with us!:upsidedow

jrandtysmom
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Why don't you think she could handle our group? Come on, be positive!!!!!! Do you have visions of her running, screaming from the campground...terrified of who Donnie chooses to hang out with? Personally, I think we're all pretty fandamtabulous and anyone would be honored to drink Kungaloosh and have a few laughs with us!:upsidedow

I'd be honored to drink some Kungaloosh and have a few laughs with ya! :worship:

Ami when are you going again (or are you just into virtual gatherings)? :laughing:

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Ami is into the virtual and kungaloosh gatherings. She's cool like that.

stacktester
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM

She may have Pete running lol. If she can handle my neighborhood group we camped with 2 weeks ago she can handle the dis group lol.

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Paulie might have moved slow...

...but it was only because Paulie
didn't have to move for anybody.

PEANUT1
08-08-2008, 11:58 AM
We met at nursing school in pathophysiology class. My husband likes to tell the story like this....

"I thought she was smart and took good notes...I tried to get her notes, never got them, and she never went away;) " That was 13 years ago.

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I couldn't even spell pathiophsyilogy...... Guess it's a good thing I never took it, lol.

BigDaddyRog
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Are 8 syllable words allowed??? Someone check the rules...call the syllable police!!!

J/K Peanut...havent seen you around before....welcome to the camping boards:)

Pete....this add was on the bottom of the page and I couldnt help but think of you. I HAD to copy it and paste it for ya!!! Im sure you'll be visiting this site sometime today!!!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/57bcc380.jpg

Gatordad
08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Are 8 syllable words allowed??? Someone check the rules...call the syllable police!!!

J/K Peanut...havent seen you around before....welcome to the camping boards:)

Pete....this add was on the bottom of the page and I couldnt help but think of you. I HAD to copy it and paste it for ya!!! Im sure you'll be visiting this site sometime today!!!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/57bcc380.jpg

Dang man, you know me like a book. I was there as you were typing it.... You can dress your whole family alike, halloween, disney reunions.... you name it........ Not that there's anything wrong with that.

PolynesianPixie
08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I'd be honored to drink some Kungaloosh and have a few laughs with ya! :worship:

Ami when are you going again (or are you just into virtual gatherings)? :laughing:

My sister is coming down to my house from Maryland right now....why don't you hitch a ride with her? :rotfl:

I'll definately be at the fort in December. I'm gonna try like heck to get there before then, too!

jrandtysmom
08-08-2008, 04:36 PM
My sister is coming down to my house from Maryland right now....why don't you hitch a ride with her? :rotfl:

I'll definately be at the fort in December. I'm gonna try like heck to get there before then, too!

You really have a sister that lives in MD? :rotfl:

PolynesianPixie
08-10-2008, 12:01 AM
You really have a sister that lives in MD? :rotfl:

2 actually.

Gatordad
08-10-2008, 12:18 AM
you never heard of the 3 pixies?

parmtoo
08-10-2008, 06:14 AM
We met in Aug., 1985. I was 19, he was 21. My parent's had gone away for the weekend, and I said to my friends, "lets party!". He showed up with a friend of a friend, and the rest is history as they say. We married 10 months later. Our 1st DD was born in 1987, the 2nd DD was 1988, then DS in 1995.
That 1st meeting was 23 years ago. We now have 3 grandson's as well. Hard to beleive we are those same two people. :hug:

bord1niowa
08-10-2008, 08:28 AM
We met the first time on her birthday. She was with a friend of mine. I guess the dinner he took her out for didn't impress her, he ordered a small cheese pizza and soda. Didn't give her a choice in what to order...lol. We met roller skating and she said she liked the view when I went past her. Haha She put a spell on me and 33 years later, 5 kids and 6 grandkids, all is well. More in love every day.:goodvibes
One of these times we'd love to join one of your GGs. You sound like our kind of people!

parmtoo
08-10-2008, 08:34 AM
She put a spell on me and 33 years later, 5 kids and 6 grandkids, all is well. More in love every day.:goodvibes

Very sweet, I love reading through these stories...............:lovestruc

Gatordad
08-10-2008, 10:48 AM
We met the first time on her birthday. She was with a friend of mine. I guess the dinner he took her out for didn't impress her, he ordered a small cheese pizza and soda. Didn't give her a choice in what to order...lol. We met roller skating and she said she liked the view when I went past her. Haha She put a spell on me and 33 years later, 5 kids and 6 grandkids, all is well. More in love every day.:goodvibes
One of these times we'd love to join one of your GGs. You sound like our kind of people!

You are more than welcome. I should warn you, we are quite boring in person.

SCBeachBum
08-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I met my wife at a Key Party. Lucky grab I guess.