PDA

View Full Version : Disney Fairies Meet & Greet

fightinfire21
07-17-2008, 01:10 PM
check out this page for auditions:

http://www.disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/wdwcareers/hourly/entertainment_fairys.html

luna99
07-17-2008, 02:01 PM
ooohhh.. I would so be silvermist.

if I lived close I would audition just to see how far I could get.... unless I'm too old that is.

MM32830
07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
ooohhh.. I would so be silvermist.

if I lived close I would audition just to see how far I could get.... unless I'm too old that is.

And the pay isn't bad (for Disney). Up to $11.25 per hour!

AndThenIFell
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I think I'm going to audition. Here are the promo pictures/prototypes they've already hired and are basically what they'll be looking for from here on out:

Sorry, can't paste the link because I'm new... just go to google and type in "jim hill fairies walk around" and you should get the picture of the 5 girls.

WaltD4Me
07-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Sigh.....I was really hoping they would re-think this and not do the fairy meet and greet. I know alot of people are excited to meet Tink, but I really think they should leave her the way she is. I just can't imagine a human ever being able to capture the magic of Tinkerbell and I just prefer to think of her as I always do....flitting around the parks spreading pixie dust. Oh well, the will of the people prevails!

Jubilee
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I am torn on this too... I saw a pic of a Tink from DL and I didn't think it looked right (on the parade float) but I do think if they found the perfect Tink it would be a good thing....they need to be picky and pay more than that lol

kimbac3
07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
My DD16 would be a perfect Tinkerbell! She's petite - 4'11", tiny features and sassy:rotfl2: She actually played Tinkerbell in her Dance recital. She was great and she loved all the little girls running up to her calling "Tinkerbell! Look it's Tinkerbell!!":lovestruc

She keeps begging me to move to Florida.

Hmm...wonder if WDW needs electricians (that's what DH is)?????????

Kimba

PrincessKsMom
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm torn. I'd love to do a meet and greet with Tink, but I also see this as being something they could do like Turtle Talk with Crush. Still the same Tink, but still mixing with people.

WaltD4Me
07-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I am torn on this too... I saw a pic of a Tink from DL and I didn't think it looked right (on the parade float) but I do think if they found the perfect Tink it would be a good thing....they need to be picky and pay more than that lol

I saw the same picture ... :scared:

I also saw some other pictures of "proto-types" of the fairy characters.
They were okay I guess, but there was no sparkle. To me they just looked like girls dressed up as fairies and weren't very Disney-like IMHO, in fact, I'd say they were rather generic looking even.

If Disney HAS to do this :rolleyes: I wish they would do something really special, make it really magical experience, not just stick someone who is the right height in a Tinkerbell costume.