PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

bytheblood
07-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Poll says it all!

Sorry about the typo in my poll. I did not proof before I clicked submit. :headache:

imthatgirl
07-17-2008, 12:09 PM
i would love to go back to 90 day, 90+n10 would be ideal. not everyone plans their disney vacations 180 days out. we have never planned it out that far in advace. this year we planned it 139 days out and this is the furthest we have ever planned it, and thats because we wanted to make sure we got in on the free dining early.
the way its set up right now the people who plan 80-90 days out are really out of luck when it comes to dining.

ROEDISNEY
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
90 days!

disneyfav4ever
07-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't really care either way, but I voted for 90 since a lot of people don't plan their trips that far in advance. I do like the +10 rule, so I hope that stays the same, it's a nice perk for on-site guests.

In Luv with Disney
07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
I voted 180 days. Many people don't plan their ADRs that far in advance. I like to know I will have my choice of where I want to eat. (well, there are a couple of exceptions ;) )

Tricia1972
07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
I voted for 90 +10. I think the +10 is nice for resort guests.

I think 90 would cut down on double bookings, and I also think 90 would cut down on the millions of times that people switch their dining reservations before their trip.

hoosiergirl7
07-17-2008, 01:25 PM
I voted 90 because we never plan our trips to Disney more than 4 months in advance. We may say we'd like to go then but my husband is in the military and you can never plan anything 6 months to a yr in advance.

I have 2 examples. DH turned 40 in April. We had planned on him turning 40 at WDW but thanks to a 2 week inspection on base we couldn't go. We had to push our trip back 2 weeks. We still celebrated but it wasn't the same. Second example was after we returned from FL in April, we really wanted to return in early December to do Disney at Christmas which is something we've never done. Well we found out upon return that we would be receiving orders to move to a new base by the end of July. We're still waiting to find out where the military is sending us but we do know we will be moving in guess what? December. So the plans totally blew up in our faces. We did decide to go again this year anyway and we're headed back down in October during F & W. However we booked our trip just around 100 days out and there were some ADR's that we wanted that were impossible to get. It's frustrating.

So for us the 180 days out doesn't work.

jimmalru80
07-17-2008, 02:29 PM
180+10 for us.

Subrbnmommy
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
90 for us.

bytheblood
07-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I also picked 90. It is hard for me to decide where to eat 6 months before going. I do like the +10 option as well. I just like not having to call in day after day vs being able to make it all in one call.

I very strongly hope that Disney will go back to that.

cymbaldiva
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
90 days for me and that's even a bit far out if you ask me... I'd be happy with all walk-ups, all the time ;)

imthatgirl
07-17-2008, 03:08 PM
90 days for me and that's even a bit far out if you ask me... I'd be happy with all walk-ups, all the time ;)

i would love to see them go to a reservation policy.

Pirate Me
07-17-2008, 03:08 PM
90. We don't even know that we're going to Disney 180 days out! :scared:

fey_spirit
07-22-2008, 01:48 PM
180 + 10 - Why shouldn't those of us who plan ahead have the edge?

PrincessBride07
07-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I voted for the 90.

Cinderumbrella
07-22-2008, 03:22 PM
When WDW announced the 180 day rule a few years ago (2006, right??) I was excited since I was planning that year's trip more than a year away. It gave me something to do! :goodvibes

Since then, with the amount of things that seem to change between 180 days and the actual trip (park hours change, EMH nights switch, parties are cancelled etc.) it seems more of a pain to have to keep calling back to switch in accordance with the changes. Remember all the "panic" a few months back when November hours took SO LONG to release and people wanted the park hours first...

I hope the 90 day stays in place, but I agree that the + 10 is a nice perk for on site guests.

pixie08
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I voted 90.

I enjoy planning in advance but how can I make adr's at 180 days if the park hours haven't even been released? I guess that is why I keep missing those LeCellier adr's:rotfl: but I am in the situstion for Jan. 180 day window is open but hours are not out:confused3

mickeyluv'r
07-22-2008, 03:59 PM
There's no optin for 'doesn't really matter to me.' As long as I know the system, I'm fine either way. As others have said though, I wish they still allowed for some walk-ups and/or day of's. I don't mind waiting 30 minutes for a walk up table, I miss the days of being able to decide your park and your dining choice on the spur of the moment. I hate having my vacation ruled by getting to ADR's on time!

catne
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I like 180 days (180 + 10 for resort guests.)

For most people going to Disney, the vacation is not a last minute decision...due to the expense & logistics, a lot of people plan these vacations well in advance, so what's the big deal figuring out details like meal plans in advance too? You pick your resort, don't you? Why would you not plan the meals out too (at least the table service meals.)

As far as whether it should be 90 or 180 days, there's not a whole lot of difference between planning 6 mos. out or planning 3 mos. out. Neither is last minute, fly-by-the-seat, winging it...neither option is "spontaneous" at all. Personally, I enjoy researching restaurants, and planning it all out. And I'd really hate to spend all that money on a Disney vacation, & then find out I can't get into any of the places I want to eat when I want to eat.

If you want to be totally flexible & unscheduled, then just show up & see what's available day-by-day. You may have a wonderful time. But if you have specific places you want to eat, and want to choose what time you'll be eating there, then book in advance.

Pooh's-Honey-Pot
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
180! I love to plan, and the earlier the better!!!

Kae
07-22-2008, 04:57 PM
With 90 days I think there would be less double booking. At 90 most park hours are set.

Kae

BillSears
07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
I voted for 180. Personally I think that switching to the 90 day plan would cause a huge increase in the 7:00 calls when your ADR day hit. Making it 180 spreads out the reservations more since not everyone knows their plans at 180 days out but almost everyone would know it 90 days out.

Evan&Kimberly
07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Well this will be my first time to WDW and I am going to put my 2 cents in, I really feel that ADR's should not be made untill the cost of the trip is paid in full, Therefore it would eliminate all the ADR's that people make in hopes of going to WDW, People are able to make ressies even if they really have not reserved their vacation, you could call now and tell them where you may be staying and when you plan on checking in and BAM! you can make and ADR, so If this was not the case the situation would be different. I think once you pay then you will have that 45 day window to make any ADR's you want! And 45 days will give anyone ample enough time to plan and I know that it would free up these resturants, also you should only be able to make an ADR with a reservation number and only that , see this will cut down from people giving different telephone numbers to reserve diffrent restuarants on the same days, which equal's double booking oh yeah I said it the DB word:eek: , Is it fair to others because you want CRT and LTT on the same day and you just cant make up your mind as to where you will be and what you really want, so you hold onto them so tight, till you can make up your mind. on the other hand there is a family that really know's that CRT is a must do, because they will only be at Magic Kingdom that one day, Come on folks dont get offended;) and if you are by this 2 cents of mine you may be guilty of That Bad Word Double Booking:::cop:

MinnieNurse
07-22-2008, 05:39 PM
180+10

The planning is half the fun and I count down to this date. I wouldn't know what to do if I couln't plan the dining.