PDA

View Full Version : Some dinner advice

GeoDad
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Hey there,

The other day my DW :goodvibes took a long enough break from scrapbooking to say, "whatever you decide" so you know that means I better not get it wrong.

We want to use our table service at dinner each night and the loose touring plan is Day 1, AK, Day 2-3, MK Day 4 Epcot. We will not have a car, so are at mercy of the DTS and the bus schedule. (Also traveling with DDprincess: and niece:flower3: )

Here's the question; how hard is it to get from AK to Epcot and would we get stranded because it might be late at night? Originally I wanted Boma our first night but figured trying to get back to ASMO would be too hard.

We know we want Crystal Palace and Coral Reef. Any thoughts out there?

Redbudlover
07-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I use a taxi to travel to resorts for dinner - very inexpensive compared to a car and you won't ever get stranded.

A.Mickey
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
You can always take a bus to downtown disney and then hop on your resort bus from there.

wdwrich
07-17-2008, 05:26 AM
If you have dinner at a park restuarant, you should have no problem getting back to your resort even if your ADR is at a later time. Transportation from the parks to the resorts runs for at least an hour after the park closes. Having dinner at another resort may require a bus transfer at DTD to get you back to your resort. Allow a minimum of an hour for the trip. IMHO, a few dollars spent on a taxi in that situation is money well spent, especially on vacation.

crisi
07-17-2008, 08:51 AM
You have hoppers?

Our touring plan often looks like this because so many of the good restaurants are in Epcot: MK morning, Epcot afternoon. AK morning, Epcot afternoon. Epcot morning (to fit in Soarin etc. with fastpasses), lunch in Epcot, MK afternoon.

There will be a bus from AK to Epcot, and a bus from Epcot to ASMo.