PDA

View Full Version : How often does CA Grill menu change? Anyone have a recent copy?

MinnieMom
07-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm still debating whether or not DH and I are going to do CA Grill in September. For every great review I read there is another very disappointing review.

So, I'm trying to base my decision on the menu and whether or not I think we will enjoy the food. The recent reviews I've seen mention meals that are not on the menus that are posted, so I'm curious to hear what is on the current menu and how often they change. Thanks!

zalansky
07-16-2008, 05:31 PM
I just ate there last month for the first time and the food was outstanding. The server was less then enthusiastic but I won't let that keep me from going back. I made another reservation for the beginning of October and we'll watch Wishes from the bar after dinner. I can't wait!

If you like steak, the Filet is to die for. As are the flatbreads!

MinnieMom
07-16-2008, 07:23 PM
I just ate there last month for the first time and the food was outstanding. The server was less then enthusiastic but I won't let that keep me from going back. I made another reservation for the beginning of October and we'll watch Wishes from the bar after dinner. I can't wait!

If you like steak, the Filet is to die for. As are the flatbreads!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! Any other reviews out there or info on the menu? Thanks!

let'sgo
07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
DH and I have also eaten here and must say that the BLT flatbread was excellent. Our server was very nice, knowledgeable, and answered all our questions, and made recommendations. Our meal was very good. We went outside to watch wishes, and it was such a nice way to end our vacation. The view from the restaurant is picture perfect. Give this one a try, you won't be sorry!

MinnieMom
07-17-2008, 05:18 AM
I'm glad to hear such positive things about the CA Grill, but I'd really like to see a recent menu. Are there any floating around out there?!?!

Uncleromulus
07-17-2008, 06:44 AM
The menu is printed on paper and dated. It CAN change almost daily in one respect or other.
The menu I have from our early May trip does not match the curent menu we have on our site. Most things are there, but the flatbreads are ALL different. And two entrees are different.

johnsonet
07-17-2008, 07:20 AM
DH and I have also eaten here and must say that the BLT flatbread was excellent.

YUM!
We're going in a few weeks (DH's first time!) and I hope they have a BLT flatbread that night :banana: CG is delicious. I love to go a bit early before the fireworks insanity begins...

MickeyNicki
07-17-2008, 07:42 AM
We are going to try it for the first time in Oct. I figure as long as there is a steak, pork and chicken dish on the menu we will be fine

BCV23
07-17-2008, 07:49 AM
YUM!
We're going in a few weeks (DH's first time!) and I hope they have a BLT flatbread that night :banana: CG is delicious. I love to go a bit early before the fireworks insanity begins...

That's what we do too. We make a reservation for 5:30 or 6pm which gets us out of there before Wishes most of the time.

We all love CG. It is a must do dinner every trip.:thumbsup2

SarRoc1020
07-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Looking for suggestions: What time for ADRs if...

1) We would like to be seated during Wishes (with view)

2) We would like to finish before Wishes and watch from the bar

This will be the first night of our honeymoon, so we'd like to start it off right! THanks!

Uncleromulus
07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Well-there is no guarantee of a view from your table. IF you get there about an hour before fireworks time, you'll most likely be still eating when the fireworks go. If you have a table with a view, great! If not, you need to go out on the deck. In order to have a chance to get a table with a view, you need to mention that when you check in.
You really can't see the fireworks well from the bar. (Assuming there would be a seat at the bar, which is unlikely at fireworks time. We haven't been able to even get near to the bar the last 4-5 trips to CG) .
If you should happen to get a bar seat, most bar patrons who want to see the fireworks head out to the observation deck a few minutes before they start.

SarRoc1020
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks! Yes, I know no guarantees but we are trying to maximize our chances. Thanks!

Uncleromulus
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Letting them know you are on your honeymoon certainly couldn't hurt!!!