PDA

View Full Version : Lunch @ AK or Epcot

ceese
07-16-2008, 04:40 PM
I am thinking we'll be having lunch at Animal Kingdom one day but not sure. I would like y'all's suggestions about which counter service meals y'all like at AK and why. also if you'd say skip AK lunch where would you eat CS at Epcot?
Thanks.

Disney Princess
07-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Personally - I'd skip AK. Others like things there, but I haven't found my match.

Epcot has lots of options. My family loves Sunshine Seasons and Electric Umbrella (both in Future World). If we are in World Showcase we usually skip a traditional meal and eat around the world. We'll get a "snack" as we move by each pavilion. Sometimes that is all we do in a pavilion - get food! :rotfl2: If we do eat a traditional CS meal, it usually ends up being Liberty Inn (in the America Pavilion). We have PICKY eaters and the burgers usually do it for everyone. Hopefully more adventurous eaters will have more to add for you!

Dizzy over Disney
07-16-2008, 05:24 PM
We really liked Electric Umbrella in Epcot. It was good, clean and the seating wasnt' on top of each other

BoomNLeon
07-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Flame Tree BBQ at AK is pretty good, but Epcot has much better CS options. Yakatori House is one of our favorites. We also like the Boulangerie in France and Kringla Bakery in Norway.

Hope you have fun and EAT WELL!

Disney lover!<3
07-16-2008, 07:13 PM
I would suggest going to Pizzafari. It is excellent. I'm sure you'd love it.

NancyIL
07-16-2008, 07:43 PM
I would suggest going to Pizzafari. It is excellent. I'm sure you'd love it.

Pizzafari is my favorite counter service eatery - probably in ANY park. I love the Italian deli sandwich!

I love the table service restaurants at Epcot, but am not that fond of the counter srvice. I ate most of mine at the Liberty Inn - and got the kids chicken salad. They have pretty good cheeseburgers, too.

Simba's Mom
07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Another Pizzafari, hot deli sandwich lover here! In one week, I went there twice for lunch.

stschaefer
07-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I vote for Epcot Seasons, or Norway - or as you suggest eat around the world. We don't really like the food at Animal Kingdom and try to do AK in a half day and hop to MGM or Epcot.