View Full Version : Making ADR's - but not sure on group size!

07-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm planning on having my birthday dinner at Boma but am not sure on how many will be attending. There really could be 3, 6 or 10 people. Do you all recommend making 3 separate ADR's and then canceling the 2 I won't need when I know the actual number (which may not be until the week of)?

07-17-2008, 02:59 PM
I think your best bet is to ask the people now if they want to go or not, and then book it. The dining reservations person will not allow you to book 3 separate reservations for every restaurant. Booking for a party of 6 or 10 is excessive and a huge difference if only 3 decide to go.

07-17-2008, 03:52 PM
If it were just a few people and you would know well before your trip, I'd recommend booking for the maximum number of people. It's easier to decrease your party size than increase it.

However, booked a table for 10 now and not knowing for sure until the week before, well, I would not recommend that. Even going from 10 down to six.

I agree with the PP. Have the people tell you know how many will be there. Or, make the reservation for just your party and tell the others they are on their own (not a great prospect for your birthday dinner). Or, pick a less popular restaurant that you can reserve at the last minute (Grand Floridian Cafe, Captain's Galley).

07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
I hate to take up that many reservation spots up to the last minute, so I'll have to really sit and think about which scenario is most likely. We all live close enough to WDW that it can be thought of as a last minute trip. The people going usually refuse to make plans to go to Orlando more than 1 week ahead of time (mostly due to work), so 180 days out is madness to them. But we also live far enough away that it is not just an easy 20 minute drive.

Do you all find that Boma is a pretty hard ADR to get during peak seasons? Maybe I'll just try my luck when the date gets closer; I'm not picky about what time...

07-17-2008, 09:40 PM
As long as you cancel 24 hours or more before your ADR, I'd say book the maximum. The table(s) that you don't use, will make someone VERY happy no matter when you cancel! Some people call Disney dining the morning of, thinking they'll get in some where. Some sorry people still walk in hungry at meal time thinking they can eat somewhere... They'd be thrilled to find your canceled ADR!

07-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm having the same dilemma. We are going with MIL, BIL and SIL in March. I know MIL will come with us to most if not all of our ADR's but BIL and SIL aren't dependable.

I'm debating on adding them onto our Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace or CRT and a new more places. Either do 4, 5 or 7??? :scared:

So I understand your frustration!

07-17-2008, 10:00 PM
I think Boma is a pretty easy one...I would say you're safe to find SOMETHING until at least 2 mos. to go, and then maybe you could peg them down more? Never truly know though.