PDA

View Full Version : A very annoying dining policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UltraJoshua
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
"A child under 3 can eat for free if they eat from another persons ordered plate."

The Stomach in an adult is bigger then the stomach of a child.

If the child and adult split whatever was on the plate in half, then the child eats more then what's expected for a child and the parent eats less.

Children under 3 deserve a individual free meal.

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Children under 3 deserve a individual free meal.

Uh, personally, I don't think anyone should be dining out for free. :confused3

pperfectmom
07-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Nobody said they have to split it in half.:confused3

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Nobody said they have to split it in half.:confused3

I highly doubt ANY 3 year old can eat half an adult entree. *I* can hardly eat an adult entree.

UltraJoshua
07-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Uh, personally, I don't think anyone should be dining out for free. :confused3

Children crave food 24/7

msmayor
07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
If the concern is that the under-3-year-old will eat too much off the plate, leaving not-enough-food for the adult...then order the child his/her own meal and pay for it, just like you do the adult meal.

I agree with another poster...no reason to believe a child is 'entitled' to eat free. Its a bonus at buffets.

BeckWhy
07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Children crave food 24/7

All the more reason to have to pay... if your child wants food all the time... buy snacks before you leave and pack them with you. And if you want your child under 3 to have his own meal... order him one off the kid's menu or adult menu if you want. I don't think they will tell you "no."

ljcrochet
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Go to the pre-plates places or buffets. I don't think i even needed to get my girls(twins) a kids meal at disney when we ate dinner since we did alot of pre-plated and buffets. DH loved the all you care to eat skillet at whispering canyon..

Sleepy
07-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Wow, how much does your toddler eat? Most toddlers eat a couple bites and run. That is why they let your kid eat from your plate for free. If your child is capable of eating half an adult's entree, I would suggest buying he/she their own meal.

Tiffany_MommyOf3
07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Just buy a kids meal. We were down there with my 2 yr old the other day and bought him a meal at every restaurant except for buffets. Buffets he just ate off of our plate since its all you can eat LOL. At regular restaurants, I just bought him a kids meal (which even a kids meal at Kona is big enough for me and a 2 yr old to split and much went to waste ;( wish I would have known how big a plate is there LOLOL)

UltraJoshua
07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
NOTE: this post was only posted to see the opinions of other fellow DISers.

The person who posted this thread, Joshua , 13, is a true disney fan and always goes to DisneyWorld more than once a year. Joshua is also a huge Mickey Mouse fan and calls him, "his hero"

Tiffany_MommyOf3
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Joshua, you may want to edit your post and remove your last name.

cymbaldiva
07-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Umm ... okay :confused3

I think you have a nice cross section of opinions here - hope they help :)

Lehuaann
07-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I assume the policy is there for reasons that some will do just about anything to get an extra plate of food for nothing. Therefore, sharing is a much better alternative to being automatically charged for children under 3.

Disney serves very hearty meals (TS & CS) and I could not help but notice all the wasted food around me...so unless you like toting to-go-boxes around the parks why not share the rest with your lil one! Have Fun!! :)

Heidict
07-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Wow, how much does your toddler eat?

I was thinking the same thing. :rotfl2: My 2 1/2 year old could hardly put a dent in an adults plate. Well, unless it's hotdogs. ;)

Kath2003
07-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Good lord, how much do children honestly eat?!

If my toddler ate half my entree, they sure as heck wouldn't be getting any of my dessert!

Tricia1972
07-16-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't think that anyone is entitled to a free meal. I consider it a nice 'gift' that my child under three can eat from the buffets and family style restaurants for free.

If you don't get enough of a meal when sharing with your child, you are always free to order more food so everyone is full.

OR you can save the room for yummy snacks later on!

dogodisney
07-16-2008, 03:23 PM
My DGD is almost 5 and hardly eats. She definately doesn't eat a whole kid's meal no matter where we go. Sometimes we'll all share a little off our plates with her and she ends up with a decent meal.

mickeyluv'r
07-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Perhaps the op was talking about the free dining promo in August/September, in which case a child under three would not qualify for 'free' dining, unless the meal is at a buffet...whereas, a child over three does qualify for a 'free dining', and gets their own meal.

Another solution to the situation is to buy an extra appetizer. Sometimes something small like a cup of soup costs less than a kid's meal even.

Or conversely, it has been discussed that adults with smaller appetites can share kid's meals, two small kids can share a kid's meal sometimes, etc.

Another option is to get an extra side of something: veggies, rice, potato.

My sister is a vegetarian and uses this option to fit her needs all the time. Often, it costs far less to order three side items; like two veggies and a starch - than it is to order an entree made without the meat. Say, "The chicken stirfry hold the chicken." If she orders the meal hold the meat, they charge it as a meal and sometimes they even charge EXTRA because she was the meal modified from how it appears on the menu! It depends on the place though. Sometimes a la catre veggies are pricey,too.

melcan
07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Joshua, You REALLY need to remove your last name from that post

Allison
07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Why exactly do they "deserve" a free meal?

Lehuaann
07-16-2008, 03:48 PM
NOTE: this post was only posted to see the opinions of other fellow DISers.

The person who posted this thread, Joshua *******, 13, is a true disney fan and always goes to DisneyWorld more than once a year. Joshua ******* is also a huge Mickey Mouse fan and calls him, "his hero"

Okay??? So the OP is 13 years old, has no children of his own for which the policy applies, and starts a thread with a highly negative heading....."A very annoying dining policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"???

This completely changes the perspective to my prior post/advice. Was it honest opinions or controversy you were looking for?

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Okay??? So the OP is 13 years old, has no children of his own for which the policy applies, and starts a thread with a highly negative heading....."A very annoying dining policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"???

This completely changes the perspective to my prior post/advice. Was it honest opinions or controversy you were looking for?

I dunno, but the whole post is bizarre. :confused:

BeckWhy
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I can see possibly why Disney would allow those under 3 to eat "for free." As many people have stated they have young children who barely eat. And as I'm sure Disney and the wait staff would love the extra money, perhaps the reason is so that not as much food gets thrown away.

I personally don't have any children so I cannot speak as to how much a child eats. But I babysit my cousins and they range from 2 - 10. None of them eat a lot.

BigDopeyMom
07-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Maybe Joshua is the one who has to share his plate with his ravenous under-3 sibling....and HE'S STILL HUNGRY after the meal....and he's PISSED!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

dburg30
07-16-2008, 04:14 PM
/em looks for his can of troll-b-gone.. :lmao:

JulieEck
07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Maybe Joshua is the one who has to share his plate with his ravenous under-3 sibling....and HE'S STILL HUNGRY after the meal....and he's PISSED!!!

:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :rotfl: This actually makes sense!

Lehuaann
07-16-2008, 04:38 PM

That's funny...except he used the word "parent".

KMovies
07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Even if they are talking about the "free dining" from August/September,

you pay for a child 3 + so they would qualify for the "free dining" and get the dining / snack credits

you don't pay for a child under 3, so they should not qualify for the "free dining" for the dining / snack credits

"free dining" is really - "free dining" with the purchase of park tickets and hotel.

ahill004
07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't know any child under age 3 that eats all the time. My children are certainly not big eaters (2 and 4). They could BOTH eat off my plate and there would be plenty left for me. Usually I struggle to get two decent meals down them a day! Since I am not a chicken fingers or hot dog fan though, my youngest will likely eat off her 4 year old sister's plate though!

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 05:51 PM
What's most disturbing is why he's talking in third person.

kayla87
07-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Joshua! Remove your last name from that post. You only removed one, but mentioned it twice. And honestly, that could have been solved by not talking in third person.

I briefly visited the OP's Youtube page, and there was a five minute rant about grilled cheese being on the kids menu at some restaurant. He probably has never had to feed a child, or he wouldn't think a child under 3 would eat half an adult entrée, or not want grilled cheese at a restaurant just because you can make it at home.

Is is legal for 13 year olds to post on forums and video diaries on Youtube? If it is, it shouldn't be. There are lots of people who prey on stuff like this.

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Joshua! Remove your last name from that post. You only removed one, but mentioned it twice. And honestly, that could have been solved by not talking in third person.

I briefly visited the OP's Youtube page, and there was a five minute rant about grilled cheese being on the kids menu at some restaurant. He probably has never had to feed a child, or he wouldn't think a child under 3 would eat half an adult entrée, or not want grilled cheese at a restaurant just because you can make it at home.

Is is legal for 13 year olds to post on forums and video diaries on Youtube? If it is, it shouldn't be. There are lots of people who prey on stuff like this.

Wow, I just watched it. That was some weird stuff. Maybe he was just here trying to promote his youtube channel, who knows?

srdipert
07-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Ok I don't know how legit the op is but...

I do think that you should have the option of buying the ddp for children under the age of three and paying for it without having to upgrade everything else. That being said it isn't a huge deal for us b/c say we are going to 8 days that would be like 80 dollars to pay for the ddp even ordering the extra things for my 2yr old we probably will not spend that much.

Also sharing with a 2yr can be hard sometimes. Yes we could do all buffet and family style but we much prefer the food at the other places. My 2yr old is a big eater and he barely weighs 21 lbs and will be 3 in December. Now having said that we can share an adult meal most of the time but sometimes I don't feel like eating what he likes and my 7 yr old definitely can't share b/c he can eat all of the kids meal food himself so I tend to share with both of them. So sometimes we buy him a meal to 1. get something that he wants or 2. get the same thing his older brother has b/c as those with children know that if one has something they both better be getting it.

Some 2 yr old eat a lot! Just for example mine today has had 2 bananas, a bowl of oatmeal, 2 cups of yogurt, grapes, a hamburger, a very large salad, peaches, green beans, chicken, bread, and several cups of milk and water and it is only 6pm. I am sure he will eat much more before bed. Where he puts all of that food in his tiny little body is way beyond me! :)

imthatgirl
07-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow, I just watched it. That was some weird stuff. Maybe he was just here trying to promote his youtube channel, who knows?

it worked:rolleyes:

centurythree
07-16-2008, 06:13 PM

"Legal"? Probably. However, many sizeable sites have age policies designed to restrict younger users to certain areas of the site or prohibit them altogether.

As for predators, what you've said is sadly very true.

simonkodousek
07-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh good God... :sad2: