PDA

View Full Version : giving away an ADR!?!?

Missyma919
07-16-2008, 02:01 PM
How do you give an ADR to someone on DIS? I don't know if I need to call and change the name or just give them the ADR number and last name....

disneystick
07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
I would just call and give res. number and last name. Disney won't change the names on the res. They would cancel the res. and try to rebook it....

dlstc
07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
I have done this twice. The DISer gave me their full name and phone number. I called WDW Dine and asked to change the name on the ADR, as I couldn't go but my friend could. They made the change without changing the ADR. The confirmation number remained the same. I then PM'd the confirmation number to the DISer.

HTH,
Diana

MScott1851
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I've been wheeling and dealing on here a lot the last two years for ADR, and have done it both ways.

Some people wanted me to call and change it to their name, others I just gave the ADR number and my last name to them, and they showed up in our place.

I've not had a problem so far either way, it's whichever you prefer. I do have a 'right of first refusal' policy, though. If someone gives me an ADR and later I decide I can't use it or want to swap it, I usually PM the Diser who gave it to me first and make sure they don't want it back or need it to barter with.

disneydreamgirl
07-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I did this just last night. I called and had them change the ressie that was given to me by a Diser to my name and I changed the ressie I gave away to another Diser to that person's name. The ADR # did not change. It was actually quite easy once the CM understood what I wanted. He works in hotel reservations and told me that sometimes the dining calls get routed over to them;