PDA

View Full Version : Beer Tasting...

Carlyzmom
07-16-2008, 12:06 PM
My BIL loves trying different kinds of beer. Is there a recommended place where you can go and try different types. Like a micro-brewery or something like that? :drinking1

susieq76
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM
You can get a flight at Rose & Crown or Raglan Road

jessily
07-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Big River Grille on Disney's Boardwalk is a brewery. I've never been so I can't comment on whether it is good or not, but I have heard they have a beer flight as well. and if it's not to crowded and you ask you may be able to get a tour of the brewery.

BriarRosie
07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I've had a beer sampler from Big River Grille. They had a few 3 oz. or so size glasses of various beers. Raglan Road had two types of beer flights. I chose the four sampler that included Harp's, Murphy's Red, Smithwick's, and Guinness.

I liked both beer samplers. The Big River one reminds me of the sampler I get at a restaurant/microbrewery here. I'd recommend trying both Big River and Raglan Road.

But my new mission in October: To try the beer float at the Dolphin Fountain. ;)

Carlyzmom
07-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Do you have to have admission to Pleasure Island to go to Raglan Road? Of course, PI won't be there by time I go next April, right?

Brocktoon
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
If the BIL is a beer fan, there probably isn't anything at Raglan Road or Rose&Crown that he hasn't tried before.

I'd say your best bet is the Big River Grille Microbrewery at the Boardwalk.

Brocktoon
07-16-2008, 02:00 PM
But my new mission in October: To try the beer float at the Dolphin Fountain. ;)

Yup, next time I visit, I'm all over the beer floats!

madalex
07-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Big River Grille has some nice beers that your BIL probably has not had anywhere else.

I also like the food there, but I think I am in the minority as far as that goes.

DonaldTDuck
07-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Just wonder around World Showcase and drink 'round the world. Should be something he hasn't had, and surely a few things he'd like to have again.

VolcomStone10
07-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Just wonder around World Showcase and drink 'round the world.

My brother is also a beer fan and he loves to drink around the World, finding it to be the most enjoyable.

tiggr33
07-16-2008, 03:15 PM
To try the beer float at the Dolphin Fountain. ;)
Sounds interesting...can someone describe it?

I agree that Big River would be the way to go. If he is a Beer Geek, the other flights are brews he can get at home.

disneydreamgirl
07-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Do you have to have admission to Pleasure Island to go to Raglan Road? Of course, PI won't be there by time I go next April, right?

No! We were at Raglan Road in March and didn't need PI admission.

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I'd say Big River or Raglan Road. We have a Big River here in Nashville so I never go to the one in Orlando. It's pretty good....pretty much like most microbreweries. Raglan Road has 2 different beer flights that are both pretty good.

Luv2Roam
07-16-2008, 05:41 PM
For anyone who may be interested -- Biergarten offers a wine trio.