PDA

View Full Version : Need one more dinner ADR- recommendations?

Maine_Belle
07-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Mom and I are heading to the World in a short 2 1/2 weeks (yay!) and we've got all but one night's ADRs set. We arrive on a Sunday and the night that is open is Monday, so even though we're flexible, I'm concerned even if we stop at the consierge at check in, we'll be stuck with nothing available for the next day.

So based on the following, what might you suggest for our "opening"?

About us:

2 adventurous adults that love to eat (all fishes, all meats, most veggies, all startches, all ethnicities except Indian)
Haven't been to WDW since early 90's
Schedule is pretty flexible
Have Princess lunch scheduled Mon afternoon @ 11:40
No other TS lunches planned (we'll just do CS)
Have park hoppers
Will likely spend our afternoons breaking at home base Poly pool then go back out to a park- which one depends on our mood
May hit AK before and/or after dinner for EMH to ride EE at night?

Here's what we have so far:

Sun: Citricos
Mon DINNER: HELP- I'M OPEN! :confused:
Tue: San Angel Inn
Wed: 50's Primetime
Thu: Marrakesh
Fri: Bluezoo
Sat: We leave. :sad1:

Not interested:

Very high prices (Citricos and Blue Zoo have that covered!)
Character meals
Really overrun with kids (relatively speaking of course!)
The Luau
Le Cellier
WCC
Biergarten
Meat-heavy places (trying to be relatively healthy, and we won't be that hungry in the August heat)
Stricly traditional American fare

asmarykay
07-16-2008, 10:28 AM
JMHO - but if I were doing a sit-down for lunch, I wouldn't waste additional time during the same day with another sit-down for dinner. I would eat CS where ever I was planning to be for the evening.

DiznyDi
07-16-2008, 10:33 AM
I would suggest Kona Cafe at the Poly or Coral Reef at Epcot.
You may want to consider the new Wave restaurant in the Contemporary - I haven't been there but it has gotten some good reviews.

dad2t&e
07-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Try O'Hanas at the Poly. Good food and if you do a late dinner you can see the fireworks from your table.

LAS321
07-16-2008, 10:43 AM
:wizard: My 23 yr. old daughter and I are also going in August as we have for quite a few years. One place we always go to for dinner is Boma. We love the food and walking around the AK resort before and after dinner. It's a buffet that has unusual and common food, both of which are very well prepared....and the desserts! :lovestruc

disneydisneydoo
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I recommend Yak & Yeti. I really enjoyed the food. It will fit in with your plans to go to AK. Although I love love love Ohana and like Kona, I . Tthink Y&Y may be a better choice for your interests. There are lots of kids at Ohana and it is heavy on meat.

ROEDISNEY
07-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Mom and I are heading to the World in a short 2 1/2 weeks (yay!) and we've got all but one night's ADRs set. We arrive on a Sunday and the night that is open is Monday, so even though we're flexible, I'm concerned even if we stop at the consierge at check in, we'll be stuck with nothing available for the next day.

So based on the following, what might you suggest for our "opening"?

About us:

2 adventurous adults that love to eat (all fishes, all meats, most veggies, all startches, all ethnicities except Indian)
Haven't been to WDW since early 90's
Schedule is pretty flexible
Have Princess lunch scheduled Mon afternoon @ 11:40
No other TS lunches planned (we'll just do CS)
Have park hoppers
Will likely spend our afternoons breaking at home base Poly pool then go back out to a park- which one depends on our mood
May hit AK before and/or after dinner for EMH to ride EE at night?

Here's what we have so far:

Sun: Citricos
Mon DINNER: HELP- I'M OPEN! :confused:
Tue: San Angel Inn
Wed: 50's Primetime
Thu: Marrakesh
Fri: Bluezoo
Sat: We leave. :sad1:

Not interested:

Very high prices (Citricos and Blue Zoo have that covered!)
Character meals
Really overrun with kids (relatively speaking of course!)
The Luau
Le Cellier
WCC
Biergarten
Meat-heavy places (trying to be relatively healthy, and we won't be that hungry in the August heat)
Stricly traditional American fare

How about Narcoossee's or California Grill, Japan, Italy, Coral Reaf,
The Wave ,Kona Cafe.
Have a Magical Trip!:cool1:

MJMcBride
07-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Boma Boma Boma