PDA

View Full Version : Best Character Meals

DisMomAmy
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Just wondering which character meals everyone thinks are best. I have two boys, so CRT is out for us. :)

Kae
07-15-2008, 07:17 PM
My DS favorites are 1st Cape May breakfast with Chip & Dale & Goofy with Minnie as hostess, 2nd the Ohana breakfast with Stitch the kids go crazy when Stitch comes out, 3rd Chef Mickeys for dinner.

Kae

mamatwotimes
07-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I know how you feel. My 9 yr old would be very upset if I took him to a princess meal. I would go with Chef Mickey's. Mickey is always there along with Goofy, and other disney icons. Lots of kid friendly food too.

KatMark
07-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Our favorite is Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and friends (the kids when they were young always loved this one the most too). I guess our second favorite would be Chef Mickey's since we haven't done Ohana since it was Minnie's Menehue Character Breakfast (we do not like Stitch) and we are trying Cape May Cafe for the first time this year).

Claire&TheBoys
07-15-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm in the "mom of 2 boys" club and we like Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace the best. We didn't care for OHana even though my oldest likes Stitch, we didn't care for the food. We did the Play-N-Dine breakfast with the Little Einsteins and Jo-Jo & Goliath from Playhouse Disney, but we didn't care for the atmosphere there. We're trying Tusker House breakfast this year in addition to returning to CM and CP.

DisMomAmy
07-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone! We've only done Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine. I'd love to try Chef Mickey's next time around. We're not really into Stitch so I think we'll skip that one. I'd love to do Crystal Palace for an early breakfast - it sounds like so much fun to enter Magic Kingdom before the park opens. Hollywood & Vine was OK, the kids loved the characters, but the food was so so - we'll have to see if the kids are still into those characters by next spring.

I'd still love to hear what others think...

saratogadreamin09
07-16-2008, 06:36 AM
I llove the crystal palace, i love the characters and they have the best food

chef mickey's is in a close second

mom2my2gr8kids
07-16-2008, 07:18 AM
I have both a son and a daughter, so my ds has to do the princess ones too LOL

Anyway, his favorite is O'hana, then Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace. Stitch interacts GREAT with the kids and they are always talking about the breakfast for weeks later.

churchpilot
07-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Just wondering which character meals everyone thinks are best. I have two boys, so CRT is out for us. :)

As another member of the "Mom to two boys club" I completely agree on Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. Now hang with me here, we did go to Akerhaus last year and my boys did get their pictures with all of the Princess' scheduled to show up. They didn't seem to mind and I have some wonderful pictures. We will be scrambling to get CRT this year before they get any older (DS7 and DS3)---not only for the bragging rights, but because it is in the castle and so iconic. Next year, probably not so much! Enjoy.:yay:

MindyLuvsMickey
07-16-2008, 07:31 AM
We are going to be trying Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace this trip. I think our son will really enjoy them.

The CM told me that LTT is not going to be offering character meals after Jan. 5th. Too bad. We had a nice time there in 2006.

Dizzy over Disney
07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
We loved Tusker House in Animal Kingdom... Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Minnie.. they were great.. food was great... Chef Mickeys is fabulous and Crystal Palace was good. Liberty Tree Tavern had the best food and the characters were great.

canadianmom2three
07-16-2008, 09:30 PM
YAY - excellent thread! WE are booked in at all those places, so I am super glad to hear the good reviews! We have CP on arrival day, followed by Tusker House, Ohana, LTT and then Chef Mickey on departure day. I can't wait!!!

DisMomAmy
07-17-2008, 06:48 AM
LTT won't be doing character meals by the time we get there, but maybe we'll check out Tusker House. I've been wanting to go back since they change it over to TS.