PDA

View Full Version : Birthday cake at Ohana's

shadowryter
07-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I know about the cake thread, I've read it all. But really there isn't much info or pics of what a cake from Ohana's taste like and looks like today. (old thread goes waaayyy back!) So does anyone have a recent picture or experience they would like to share? I'd like to order a cake for our Aug trip but I haven't really learned anything new for this particular restaurant.
TIA:goodvibes
Linda

shadowryter
07-16-2008, 07:37 AM
Anyone???:goodvibes

HonnyDipp
07-16-2008, 09:12 AM
popcorn::

I called the cake hotline and ordered my DS's birthday cake to be delivered at our Ohana's dinner. I orded an 8" chocolate cake. Im curious to read any input as well!

shadowryter
07-16-2008, 02:03 PM
popcorn::

I called the cake hotline and ordered my DS's birthday cake to be delivered at our Ohana's dinner. I orded an 8" chocolate cake. Im curious to read any input as well!
Did you ask for any particuliar design, filling, theme? I'm thinking about getting a cake for our birthday trip and was wondering about something kind of tropical, not necessarily character. My DD will be 18 :thumbsup2and me... we won't go there.:rotfl:
TIA,
Linda

DC_Tink
07-17-2008, 12:59 PM
bump. :goodvibes I am interested in this too.

DisneyMomx7
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I just ordered a cake for dd's birthday. We are staying at the Poly and I ordered it for the night we are eating at Ohana.

I got a 8 inch chocolate cake with chocolate icing (like mother like daughter), and I asked for something with a Polynesian theming. The cm told me they could do a "tropical flower" theme with the frosting.

I'll let you know how it comes out when we get back.

jenjersnap
07-17-2008, 01:36 PM
We had a delicious cake in our room at the Poly last September. They have limited bakery services but they still do a fine job. I hope your cakes are wonderful!

shadowryter
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
I just ordered a cake for dd's birthday. We are staying at the Poly and I ordered it for the night we are eating at Ohana.

I got a 8 inch chocolate cake with chocolate icing (like mother like daughter), and I asked for something with a Polynesian theming. The cm told me they could do a "tropical flower" theme with the frosting.

I'll let you know how it comes out when we get back.
Sounds lovely...can't wait...takes lots of pics.:thumbsup2
Linda

k3lambert
07-17-2008, 02:05 PM
We ordered the chocolate cake for my son's birthday last Sept. It was delicious - way better than I expected. The only problem was trying to stuff it in after Ohana's awesome bread pudding.

Ashley80
01-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Any updates? I may be ordering one for my son who is turning 9 in May while we are there. I'd like a Hawaiian themed cake since we will be staying there... I'd love to see some pics!!