PDA

View Full Version : ADR Window Change Question

AKBAFB
07-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Well, I've been hearing the rumors about the 180 day advanced dining window changing to a 90 day window and today I see the DIS' official confirmation of this:

NEW DINING RESERVATION SYSTEM IN THE WORKS

Disney will begin implementing a new reservation system that combines dining, recreation and tour bookings.

The conversion will start on July 21, 2008 and is expected to be functioning on October 24. While this is taking place, the latest dining reservation date which can be booked in advance is January 25, 2009. Once the new system is operating, it will revert to the 180 day Advance Dining Reservation window.

The exceptions to the shortened ADR booking window are Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's and Victoria & Albert's.

Our trip is planned for January 17 - 25, 2009, and we're not staying on property this time (ugh...I knew that would come back to bite me even though we saved some money!), so before the change, I would have called day-by-day starting July 21st to make my ADRs for the trip. Anyone care to venture a guess as to if I'll still be able to do that, or do you think the January 25th cut off will just be used for people staying on property who make their 180+10 ADRs before July 21st?

wildeoscar
07-15-2008, 08:47 AM
speculation is not going to do a lot of good, call on the 21st.

jcemom
07-15-2008, 09:50 AM
My understanding is... Nothing will change for you. January 25 is the last date we can make ADRs for until October 24 (if they stay on schedule, not including CRT, Chef M's, and V&A). It doesn't matter if you are onsite or off, you can make an ADR for any day up to and including January 25, which happens to cover your entire trip. You will still need to call day by day as you normally would have.

AKBAFB
07-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll have all my requests ready to go next week and hope jcemom is right!

mickey0930
07-15-2008, 11:03 AM
OK I just call Disney Dining to verify when I can make ADR for my upcoming trip which begins on Jan 24th and this is what I was told...They told me today is the last day they are taking reservations at the 180 day window:sad1: . So if your travel dates include Jan 11th then you can book today. Tomorrow they will be only booking at the 179 day window and so on until October. They expect the system upgrades to be implemented by October 15th-ish. The lady on the phone told me it would be a good idea to call around October 8th and check the progress, that way if they are running ahead of schedule and decide to open reservations back up before the 15th I would not be waiting for no reason. She also told me this applies to BBB. I surely HOPE this delay will not cause me to not get any of the ADR's I want:scared1: . If anyone else calls and gets a different response please post.:thumbsup2

jcemom
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I just called and made an ADR for Chef Mickey's on January 18, so I think the CM you got on the line was mistaken.

ETA: Ugh, nevermind, I just remembered that Chef M's is one of the restaurants that's supposed to stay at 180 throughout the conversion. Guess I should have asked for something else. Darn. I'll call back.

mickey0930
07-15-2008, 11:29 AM
I will call again and see that a different CM tells me. Thanks for keeping us posted.

AKBAFB
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Argh! I might be bald by the end of the day, because I'm pulling my hair out with each post!!!!

:guilty: <-- ME: Bald with a big frown!

mickey0930
07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
OK I just called back and this CM told me to call back Jan 28th and they can book all my dining then. She never once mention anything about having to wait until October or even anything about system changes. I think they are just as confused as I am.:laughing:

jcemom
07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
OK I just call Disney Dining to verify when I can make ADR for my upcoming trip which begins on Jan 24th and this is what I was told...They told me today is the last day they are taking reservations at the 180 day window:sad1: . So if your travel dates include Jan 11th then you can book today. Tomorrow they will be only booking at the 179 day window and so on until October. They expect the system upgrades to be implemented by October 15th-ish. The lady on the phone told me it would be a good idea to call around October 8th and check the progress, that way if they are running ahead of schedule and decide to open reservations back up before the 15th I would not be waiting for no reason. She also told me this applies to BBB. I surely HOPE this delay will not cause me to not get any of the ADR's I want:scared1: . If anyone else calls and gets a different response please post.:thumbsup2Okay, so according to what that CM told you, they are only accepting reservations through January 11, since that is 180 days from today. I haven't called back yet, but I just 'talked to' a friend (online) who has made her ADRs through January 16. The CM you spoke with had to be mistaken. :goodvibes

jcemom
07-15-2008, 11:43 AM
OK I just called back and this CM told me to call back Jan 28th and they can book all my dining then. She never once mention anything about having to wait until October or even anything about system changes. I think they are just as confused as I am.:laughing::rotfl:

OMG. Well, it appears that dining CMs are not going to get a straight answer for us. :laughing: