PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and vine reviews

letstalkboutdisney
07-15-2008, 08:41 AM
We are going to Hollywood and Vine next month. I would love some good reviews of this place. I have read mostly bad ones and I am scared to go.
Thanks!!

hildarumpole
07-15-2008, 08:54 AM
My family had dinner with the Fantasmic package. It was very good. Food was fresh and kept well-stocked. Waitress was friendly and efficient. Try not to let the reviews scare you off. We've dined at several Disney restaurants that get rave reviews and some of them were major disappointments. Try it for yourself. You may be pleasantly surprised.

letstalkboutdisney
07-15-2008, 08:58 AM
thanks for the good review. We will give it a try and hope for the best!

Praying Colonel
07-15-2008, 09:01 AM
We were there in 06 and liked it. Our review is here (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14073010&postcount=10).

letstalkboutdisney
07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Again Thanks, I'm feeling better about our choice!

catne
07-15-2008, 09:24 AM
I know a lot of people slam the WDW buffets, and this one in particular, but I'd take the slams with a very large grain of salt. I really think a lot of people unconsciously base their opinions on the cost of the place, and you really can't do that at WDW...all the prices reflect the cost of convenience, location & theming. But if you go in thinking a $25-$30 buffet should be really, really special and you're comparing it to that price meal outside the world...well, good luck with meeting the high expectations. You can't compare WDW buffet to a fancy restaurant outside the WDW...you're not going to get quiet, romantic, gourmet meal in a buffet, no matter where you are. Go in expecting "good" and you're much more likely to enjoy yourself.

We were there May 2008 with a Fantasmic Package...we really liked it. Hot foods were hot, cold foods were colds. Excellent variety. Carved meats were really good...the prime rib was available at your choice of "done-ness"--we like it rare, and we were given rare (so often buffet beef is all well-done & tough...this was not) It's not gourmet food, but is certainly way better than most buffets outside the world. The desserts were very good, too...we really like that so many WDW buffet desserts are in bite-size servings so you can take a variety of choices without being too wasteful if you can't eat it all!

We showed up about 10 minutes before our ADR, checked in & waited maybe 12 minutes (so we were seated about 2 minutes after our actual ADR time.) The place was busy, but seemed to us the staff was handling the crowd well...messes were quickly cleaned up, foods were constantly refilled. Yes, it's noisy in there (what buffet is not?)

RACHELSMOM1
07-15-2008, 09:39 AM
We love the dinner buffet. We tried the lunch and breakfast character meals, and were disappointed, it was very noisy, I mean "gives me a headache" noisy and I love character buffets, but I did not enjoy myself at all, and the kids were not impressed.

ntsammy5
07-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Just didn't work for us. BTW, I do like other buffets at WDW especially CP and biergarden

disneypolybride2008
07-15-2008, 10:14 AM
we are buffet lovers and ate here once in the evening. The place was empty! They had good pot roast and macaroni and cheese. There were a lot of things that didnt appeal to me, and lots of cold salads. The dessert bar was fun though, i liked all the mini desserts and the ice cream bar.

I would not go again but just because i love Sci Fi and 50s and i always am picking between those two.

Have fun!

Maxwellhouse
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
We've eaten here before in April 05 and are going again next month. We enjoyed it before and paid cash for it - this time we are on free DDP.

ShaneH
07-15-2008, 11:35 AM
We were there last September for breakfast and liked it, nothing out of this world great but everything was good.

justcantwait
07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
We tried it for the first time on our trip last month, and enjoyed it. Did the Fantasmic dinner package. Good food, good service, added plus of reserved seating section for the show.:thumbsup2 I'd go back. My son fell in love with spoonbread and is so excited that I found the recipe and will be making it at home! I too like to read the reviews, but also remember that everyone has their own likes and dislikes, their own priorities and expectations. Just because it didn't meet theirs doesn't mean it won't meet yours. Read the reviews, then try it anyway!

Kathy

cheesekate2005
07-15-2008, 12:26 PM
We have eaten there twice for the Fantasmic Dinner Package and we loved it! Good variety, fresh yummy foods, great variety! Both times we were on the free DDP, so I didn't look at cost. I think the buffet's are a great value, even when paying, because you don't have to stick to one entree, if you don't love something, go back up and try something new that you wouldn't normally eat. Enjoy.

Prince Eric1
07-15-2008, 12:46 PM
My family loved H&V. It is cafeteria style and they are sometimes slow to refill the food bar, but it was good for a reasonable price. We have it scheduled again for our August trip with the Fantasmic package.

letstalkboutdisney
07-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Wow!, Thank you so much for all your good reviews about Hollywood and Vine. I am feeling so much better about our choice and I think I am acually looking forward to going.

ROEDISNEY
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm gald I read this cause I never hear anything good about this place.

PoohNRoo2
09-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Same here. I've got a ressie in December for nine people (you know how hard it is to get ressies for a large group! :goodvibes ) After travelling all day to get to the world, I think we'll be glad just to have a big dinner and a nice show in Fantasmic before turning in for the night.