PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Faire

MICKEY1024
07-15-2008, 07:34 AM
i was just wondering about the character meals at 1900, never heard much info about this reasturant. Which characters are there? Are they different from breakfast to dinner? What meal is better? TIA

MickeyNicki
07-15-2008, 08:00 AM
We did breakfast and wont go back, the food was terrible, the noise level was awful and we were so squished between 2 huge tables that the characters couldnt make it to us (just DH and me).

We saw Mary Poppins in the lobby, Tigger, Pooh, Mad Hatter (who was soooo annoying) and Alice in Wonderland.

wildeoscar
07-15-2008, 08:53 AM
and on the opposite end of the spectrum, I thought the food was better than avg, and character interaction was great... we were there during the slow time of year though, with out kids to annoy us the beginning of sept. I sat and read the paper in peace while Alice and Madd Hatter came around to see how I was doing, and have tea.

Like everything else you will find all ends of the experience scale but I bet the above poster took those children things during a busy holiday.

DannyDisneyFreak
07-15-2008, 09:36 AM
1900 Park Fare
Food/Dining Type: American
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner, Character
Reservations: Suggested
Hours: Breakfast: 8:00am-11:10am.;Dinner 4:30pm-8:30pm
Discuss 1900 Park Fare
1900 Park Fare Menu

1900 Park Fare Review
The 1900 Park Fare Restaurant is located in the Grand Floridian Resort. This is a large dining area with whimsical touches that enhance the character meal experience.

"Big Bertha", a turn of the century organ, takes center stage. Built in France, this beautifully crafted instrument plays while you're dining.

There are two Character Meals offered. Both are served buffet style:

The Supercalifragilistic Breakfast is hosted by Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter and friends.

The Cinderella's Gala Feast Dinner is hosted by Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, and Anastasia and Drisella.

Price includes non-specialty drinks such as soda, coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade, punch and milk.

Dress is Resort Casual. Wine list featuring Kendall Jackson Merlot and Chardonnay, Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon and Caymus Conundrum

Disney Dining Experience 20% - excluding holidays

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1900 Park Fare MENU
NOTE: All menu items/prices are subject to change

NOTE: * Indicates buffet item and cost represents total cost of buffet.
Menu is subject to change.

Breakfast (Updated: 04/08)
Entree/Main Course

Breakfast Character buffet Adult - Breads and Pastries: Assorted sliced breads, croissants, bagels, pecan sticky buns, cheese danish, flaxseed-zucchini muffins and blueberry muffins, served with cream cheese, and grape jelly. Cold Buffet: Flavored yogurts, fresh fruit, chilled strawberry soup, assortment of cereals, House made granola, and Rice Krispie treats. Edy's Soft Served Ice Cream also available with an array of toppings. Hot Buffet: Chef's preparation of custom eggs and build your own omelet. Bacon, Sausage links, carved ham, scrambled eggs, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, roasted potatoes, Mickey shaped waffles, Grits and Oatmeal. Menu Subject to Change without notice. 18% gratuity added to parties of 8 or more. Full service bar available. - $18.99 *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner (Updated: 04/08)
Entree/Main Course

Dinner Character buffet Adult - Starters: Caesar Salad, Spring Mixed greens with an array of toppings, bleu cheese dressing, vinaigrette, ranch, 1000 island, watermelon, tomato mozzarella salad, and asian salad. Soups: Cream of mushroom, Tomato florentine, Cream of asparagus, and Chilled strawberry soup. Accompaniments: Red Bliss mashed potato, gravy, broccoli medley, and niblet corn. Entrees: Fresh pastas, Roasted prime rib of beef with Natural Jus, Salmon, Chicken marsala, Tri-color cheese tortellini, and Italian sausage with peppers. Desserts: Key lime tarts, Brownies, Chocolate chip cookies, Lemon cheesecake tart, Bread pudding with vanilla sauce, Rice Krispie treats, and Edy's Soft Serve Ice Cream with an array of toppings. **Menu is subject to change without notice. 18% gratuity added to parties of 8 or more. Full Service bar available. - $28.99 *

1900 Park Fare
Child's Menu

Breakfast (Updated: 04/08)
Entree/Main Course

Breakfast Character buffet Children 3 - 9 years - Children's Corner: mini pancakes, Mickey shaped waffles, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs. Also includes items on the main buffet. - $10.99 *

Dinner (Updated: 04/08)
Entree/Main Course

Dinner Character buffet children 3 - 9 years - Children's Corner: Cheese & Macaroni, Pasta Marinara, broccoli, niblet corn, and Cheese Pizza. Desserts: Key lime tarts, Brownies, Chocolate chip cookies, Lemon cheesecake tart, Bread pudding with vanilla sauce, Rice Krispie treats, and Edy's Soft Serve Ice Cream with an array of toppings. Desserts: Edy's soft serve ice cream with an array of toppings, chocolate chip cookies, Rice krispie treats, brownies, lemon cheesecake tart, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, apple cobbler, and key lime tarts. Menu subject to change without notice. - $13.99 *

Menu from this site. Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=28

Dizneydaz
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
We really enjoy PF. :cool1: However, as a PP has stated we go during slower times. And I tend to book our ADRS late. 2 years ago we had breakfast on my DD's 7th birthday (our last day at WDW). We had 10:20 ADR (we messed up though and arrived about 20 min. late). There were only a few groups left in the room and the characters were great. My DD had a great time playing with Alice and the MH. He was pretty funny! Tigger and Pooh stayed out the whole time as well. MP was in the lobby. DD spend quite a while talking to her before we left. When we left there was only 1 other group still eating. They kept replenishing the food throughout. Last year, since PF was being remodeled, we had breakfast on our last day at 'Ohana-also had a late ADR and it was also good.

We haven't been to PF for dinner since the change in characters. But we've really enjoyed the food here and the characters. The 2 main ones only come around once (Cindy and her Prince) but the mice would come around often. Now I don't know if the Steps come around more than once, or not. :confused3

We are going to PF for dinner this Sept. I have an earlier (than normal for us) ADR and will probably try to change it to a later time-less noise, etc.

DannyDisneyFreak
07-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Do the mice every show up at all? I know they used to be in the loby but I heard that changed.

bennyb98
07-16-2008, 03:43 AM
The last time I was at 1900 Park Fare no one was out greeting in the lobby so I don't know if that is new of if it has changed but that was in Dec. too.