PDA

View Full Version : What is the most romantic restaurant at WDW...

ADAMANDLISA
07-15-2008, 07:10 AM
for an anniversary dinner...when you've left the kids for the first time......and the wife will be 6 months pregnant (so food will be important;) )?

waltskids
07-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Victoria and Alberts, without a doubt:thumbsup2

ADAMANDLISA
07-15-2008, 07:47 AM
I forgot to mention not overly expensive....:scared1: :lmao:

Tricia1972
07-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Also, being pregnant would be bad at Victoria & Albert's. They serve MANY foods that are on your no-no list while pregnant.

I think I'd go to Jiko. I went while 8.5 months pregnant and it was fantastic!

I did Narcoosee's while pregnant too (12 weeks October 2007). The food was fine, but technically you are supposed to watch your mercury levels and Maine Lobster is on the no-no list while pregnant. I ate it and the baby is fine (ironically he's 12 weeks old today!), but it's a risk that you may want to check with your OB about.

wildeoscar
07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
California grille can get a bit loud, but is a nice place

disneygal2007
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
We liked Shula's

wezee
07-15-2008, 09:37 AM
I would vote for a later ressie (8pm?) at Narcossee's and watch Wishes from the veranda ( but kind of pricey)! We also liked Shula's, but it's also pricey.
I have also heard Artist Pt. is very quite and good food. We will be trying it for the first time this Sept. Where ever you decide....have a great anniv. dinner!!

ADAMANDLISA
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I would vote for a later ressie (8pm?) at Narcossee's and watch Wishes from the veranda ( but kind of pricey)! We also liked Shula's, but it's also pricey.
I have also heard Artist Pt. is very quite and good food. We will be trying it for the first time this Sept. Where ever you decide....have a great anniv. dinner!!

Aren't you guys from Hubbard?

MadToad
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I'd go with the Bistro De Paris in France/Epcot. It's not inexpensive (I can't think of an inexpensive romantic restaurant in WDW), but the food is very good, and there are few, if any, children. It's a quiet restaurant with above average service. Plus, the desserts are awesome.

Ask for a window seat and watch Illuminations.

Pakey
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
I have to second Bistro. It's not V&A but it is quiet, intimate, excellent service, good food with excellent presentation. For romance, I would pick it over any of the Disney signature restaurants.

Married_Him_@_Disney
07-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Narcoosees by far!!! Lovely place to go! DH and I always go on our anniversary. And I've even been while preggers! Love Narcoosees and highly recommend it!!

joanjett1976
07-15-2008, 10:49 AM
I would go for a late reservation at California Grill, try and get seated in the wine room which is secluded and quiet.

Jiko can also be quite romantic and paired with a leisurely stroill through the resort and animal viewing areas.

Bistro De Paris is elegant and very special as well. Outstanding, personalised service.

eeyore#1fan
07-15-2008, 11:04 AM
My wife and I went to V & A's when she was pregnant and didn't have any problems whatsoever. They are very accomodating to your needs.

Also, being pregnant would be bad at Victoria & Albert's. They serve MANY foods that are on your no-no list while pregnant.

I think I'd go to Jiko. I went while 8.5 months pregnant and it was fantastic!

I did Narcoosee's while pregnant too (12 weeks October 2007). The food was fine, but technically you are supposed to watch your mercury levels and Maine Lobster is on the no-no list while pregnant. I ate it and the baby is fine (ironically he's 12 weeks old today!), but it's a risk that you may want to check with your OB about.

ROEDISNEY
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Just spent our 25th Ann. there back in April first time in 25 yrs with no kids.We went to
California Grill :thumbsup2
Narcoossee's :thumbsup2
Cirtico's :thumbsup2
V & A :thumbsup2
They were all wondeful.
Happy Anninversary! :cool1:

LoraJ
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Narcoossees would be my vote of all teh restaurants we have visited so far.

wezee
07-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Aren't you guys from Hubbard?
Nope....we are from NW Ohio.

Conan the Librarian
07-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Whichever one My Wife and I are sitting in. :)

That being said. Vickie and Al's, Cindy's Place and St. Angels Inn all work for me. But then again, so does Mama Melrose, Le Cellier, and Maya Grill.

ADAMANDLISA
07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Nope....we are from NW Ohio.

Sorry!!! Thought you were from my neck of the woods!!!:rotfl:

Thank you to everyone for your help! Still haven't made up my mind yet!