PDA

View Full Version : DWFB 8/30/08 @ 2PM ~ Come have one for Bawb!

calypso*a*go-go
07-14-2008, 07:05 PM
This is the official new thread of our "Dole Whip for Bawb" Meet 'n' Greet and here are the details:

DATE: Saturday, August 30th

TIME: 2pm

PLACE: Aloha Isle (inside the Magic Kingdom -- park admission is required)

The parade is scheduled to begin at 3pm...so hopefully that allow those wanting to watch it enough time to come by and spend a few minutes with us first.

This is very casual, so please don't be shy about joining us.

Here's a list of who's coming so far:

andrewilley
annie1995
BernardandMissBianca
calypso*a*go-go
CelticBelle
cocowum
Deide71
djlexus
dreamn Disney
jamieT
Jonereno
Launchpad11B
mnra
NC Beast
NC Belle
randomdisney101
shellyminnie
tickledtink33
two-foxes
WLfan

Please let me know if you can make it and I'll add you to the list. :goodvibes

Launchpad11B
07-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Hopefully the pod cast team can make it to the meet.:thumbsup2

dreamn_Disney
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Found the thread thanks for the link calypso. I will post a pic of the Bob croc once one is posted on the croc thread. He is in transit to the first person who will have him. If I am not mistaken she is in England. Looking forward to the meet. I love meeting other DISers when at WDW. I will have to bring my ds who is 4 with me as he loves :love: the dole whip float.

dreamn_Disney
07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Hopefully the pod cast team can make it to the meet.:thumbsup2

This would be great. I love listening to them. They are the funniest bunch and help me make it between trips.

SamSam
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I think it is so great that you are organizing this 'Bob Dole Whip' meet. Wish I could be there, but our trip isn't till Oct., when I will definitely have another one for Bawb.

andrewilley
07-15-2008, 02:24 AM
What did you think of my suggestion in the other thread of maybe aiming to start meeting at 1.30pm, with the idea of getting our Dole Whips and doing a group photo at (or soon after) 2pm?

This was to allow a bit more time for those folks who want to watch the parade (like me - grin) to get themselves to a good spot in plenty of time (as this day will be the first 'full' parade for two weeks following the Liberty Square bridge maintenance work).

Andre

NC Belle
07-15-2008, 02:36 AM
I don't think we get to hear from Julie/Corey until next week (they are probably anniversarying this week if I recall last year's July shows correctly).

Jonereno
07-15-2008, 06:36 AM
We'll be there! Our flight isn't until 7:00 p.m. so we should be able to make it with plenty of time to spare!

cocowum
07-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Sounds AWESOME Lisa! I can't wait!!!

calypso*a*go-go
07-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Found the thread thanks for the link calypso. I will post a pic of the Bob croc once one is posted on the croc thread. He is in transit to the first person who will have him. If I am not mistaken she is in England. Looking forward to the meet. I love meeting other DISers when at WDW. I will have to bring my ds who is 4 with me as he loves :love: the dole whip float.

Wow -- Bob is in England right now, how cool it that!

What did you think of my suggestion in the other thread of maybe aiming to start meeting at 1.30pm, with the idea of getting our Dole Whips and doing a group photo at (or soon after) 2pm?

I had already sent a few PMs out to people inviting them at 2pm...but I plan on being there earlier (and I'm sure others will show up a few minutes prior as well) so I didn't want to change the time, but look on the bright side -- you'll be first in line for a Dole Whip. :goodvibes

Also, I definitely want to get a group photo of those that wish to participate...however, with the Africa-Hot heat it will be near impossible to get one with everyone's Dole Whip intact, so eat it...enjoy it...but whatever you do -- don't throw your cup away! ;)

I think it is so great that you are organizing this 'Bob Dole Whip' meet. Wish I could be there, but our trip isn't till Oct., when I will definitely have another one for Bawb.

I'm so sorry you can't make it...but do get something going in October as that's another very popular time to visit and I'm sure there will be more Bawb fans hoping for the opportunity to meet up.

alebisi
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
can I be there in spirit? :confused: .... I would love to join but as you know I'm a bit far from Orlando...

TheCooksLuvDisney
07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
This is the official new thread of our "Dole Whip for Bawb" Meet 'n' Greet and here are the details:

DATE: Saturday, August 30th

TIME: 2pm

PLACE: Aloha Isle (inside the Magic Kingdom -- park admission is required)

The parade is scheduled to begin at 3pm...so hopefully that allow those wanting to watch it enough time to come by and spend a few minutes with us first.

This is very casual, so please don't be shy about joining us.

Please let me know if you can make it and I'll add you to the list. :goodvibes

I would love to come but I have ADR's at Yak&Yeti in AK at 1pm:mad: and ADRs are a bear to get! I'll be in MK having a Dole Whip for Bob on Friday and Sunday Night! Have a great time!:cool1:

bettyann29
07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
This would be great if we could be there.. we will be at WDW during this time but I will have to get my book out later and check if we will be in MK on this date.. will get back to ya..

calypso*a*go-go
07-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I plan on wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt and will actually be spending most of the day at Epcot (for nephew's birthday) and plan to head over to the MK about 1:00...so if you see me, don't be shy about saying "hello" at either park. Who knows -- as the date draws closer I might even be brave enough to post some photos! :scared1:

dreamn_Disney
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
I plan on wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt and will actually be spending most of the day at Epcot (for nephew's birthday) and plan to head over to the MK about 1:00...so if you see me, don't be shy about saying "hello" at either park. Who knows -- as the date draws closer I might even be brave enough to post some photos! :scared1:

This is our Epcot day also. I have the same plan as you. I was going to head out at about 1:00. If you see a lady with a croc and a 4yr old boy say hi. I also sport the lime green bag, croc shoes, and LGMH. I am not hard to spot:thumbsup2 .

cocowum
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
This is our Epcot day also. I have the same plan as you. I was going to head out at about 1:00. If you see a lady with a croc and a 4yr old boy say hi. I also sport the lime green bag, croc shoes, and LGMH. I am not hard to spot:thumbsup2 .

We will also be at Epcot. :teeth: Guess we'll have to have a mini meet on the monorail over to Epcot. :laughing:

NC Belle
07-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Do I see potential for part 2--- EPCOT Illuminations drinks/desserts?

calypso*a*go-go
07-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Do I see potential for part 2--- EPCOT Illuminations drinks/desserts?

Maybe we should have looked into the Illuminations Dessert party or something...probably too late now.

carone0318
07-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Darn, my family and I will be on our Disney vacation at this time, but we leave for a 3 day cruise on the 28th, won't be back until the 31st.

Enjoy the dole whips!

calypso*a*go-go
07-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Darn, my family and I will be on our Disney vacation at this time, but we leave for a 3 day cruise on the 28th, won't be back until the 31st.

Enjoy the dole whips!

Awww...that's too bad. We'll miss you (but I bet anyone of us would rather be on the cruise! LOL).

Launchpad11B
07-19-2008, 03:28 PM
13 people so far. That's pretty good. The meet will be here before you know it! Hopefully even more Disers will attend......and some pod casters!:thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh my goodness -- this was already getting buried on the 3rd page of the DIS Unplugged board. Now don't be shy...I know there will be more people visiting the last week of August. Afterall, it's obvious from our chats that we all *love* food and that is the first week of free DDP...and you can get a Dole Whip with a snack credit...hmmm, seems like there should be a million kazillion people at our meet! :teeth:

Launchpad11B
07-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey calypso, looks like you added another Diser to the list on page 1! Awesome.:cool1:

Launchpad11B
07-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Also, cocowum posted on Justin M's thread (Disney's CMO) and invited him to the meet. He will be at WDW the last week in August and the first few days of Sept. He posts on the theme parks attractions and strategies forum. The thread is here, http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1836604 . The invite is on page 29, post number 428. How cool would that be?!!:thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
07-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Also, cocowum posted on Justin M's thread (Disney's CMO) and invited him to the meet. He will be at WDW the last week in August and the first few days of Sept. He posts on the theme parks attractions and strategies forum. The thread is here, http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1836604 . The invite is on page 29, post number 428. How cool would that be?!!:thumbsup2

That would be great. I'm hoping there are some people that haven't committed because they aren't sure what their plans are yet but will show up if time allows.

MenashaCorp
07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
I can't make it that weekend, Lisa/Kim, much as I'd *love* to, but there's a rather large (approaching 100) Indianapolis DIS/DIS Unplugged meet organized by ADP the same afternoon. I am wondering if there's some way to link them. :idea: Speakerphone? Pics posted from the park, at least...

calypso*a*go-go
07-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I can't make it that weekend, Lisa/Kim, much as I'd *love* to, but there's a rather large (approaching 100) Indianapolis DIS/DIS Unplugged meet organized by ADP the same afternoon. I am wondering if there's some way to link them. :idea: Speakerphone? Pics posted from the park, at least...

J/K that's exactly what I was thinking! :goodvibes

We'll have to see if we can work out some of the details as it gets closer to "D Day" (as in Dole Whip!).

dreamn_Disney
07-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Just wanted to post that I have not forgotten about posting pics of Bob the croc. As soon as some are posted I will let you all know.

calypso*a*go-go
08-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Just wanted to post that I have not forgotten about posting pics of Bob the croc. As soon as some are posted I will let you all know.

Wonderful ~ I'll be anxious to see the pics. :goodvibes

MenashaCorp
08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Trying to recruit you some more Hoosiers in the Indy DIS meet thread, L/K...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26678403#post26678403

Bawb would just love all this, I'm sure... :goodvibes

CelticBelle
08-03-2008, 08:57 PM
im so glad this thread came back up to the first page! I saw the picture in someone's siggy, but couldnt find it.

Ill be there for my CP and cant wait to finally meet some fellow disers! And itll be my very first Dole Whip. Just glad that it can be for Bob!:hug:

calypso*a*go-go
08-03-2008, 09:39 PM
im so glad this thread came back up to the first page! I saw the picture in someone's siggy, but couldnt find it.

Ill be there for my CP and cant wait to finally meet some fellow disers! And itll be my very first Dole Whip. Just glad that it can be for Bob!:hug:

That's great CB -- I'll add you to the list. :goodvibes

Jubilee
08-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Wish I could join...take lots of pics please. Is flat bawb going to be there?

shellyminnie
08-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Count me in!! I'll be there!

calypso*a*go-go
08-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Count me in!! I'll be there!

Yippee! I'll add you to the list. :thumbsup2

mnra
08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I will also like to attend and have my first dole whip for Bob

calypso*a*go-go
08-04-2008, 11:05 AM

Fabo! Our little group is growing...:goodvibes

MenashaCorp
08-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Group photo a must... :thumbsup2 maybe Kaht in foreground... :goodvibes

cocowum
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM

I'm so excited!!!! :goodvibes :banana: :banana: :banana:

Launchpad11B
08-04-2008, 04:17 PM

Hey Calypso, any pod casters yet?:rolleyes1

calypso*a*go-go
08-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey Calypso, any pod casters yet?:rolleyes1

Here's where I have to insert Kevin's disclaimer about how I can't release any of the details until everything is finalized. :teeth:

cocowum
08-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Here's where I have to insert Kevin's disclaimer about how I can't release any of the details until everything is finalized. :teeth:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cocowum
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM

:yay: Welcome!!! :yay:

WLfan
08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Less than two weeks until we leave. I can't wait to meet everyone and have that Dole Whip. I really hope the podcast can be there. Thank you for arranging this.

dreamn_Disney
08-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I am sad to have to report that Bob the croc will not be able to attend. It seems that he took a ship to England instead of a plane and has not arrived yet. The family in England will have a neighbor check the mail for him while they are gone but will not have him to hand off to me for the meet. I still plan to attend and have one for Bawb.

cocowum
08-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I am sad to have to report that Bob the croc will not be able to attend. It seems that he took a ship to England instead of a plane and has not arrived yet. The family in England will have a neighbor check the mail for him while they are gone but will not have him to hand off to me for the meet. I still plan to attend and have one for Bawb.

I'm glad you are still coming. :goodvibes I can't wait to meet everyone and have a DW for Bawb! :goodvibes

BernardandMissBianca
08-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Calypso can you add myself, DH (Bernard) and DD (Penny) to you list please. We are taking a last minute trip for DD before the HSM show is gone and plan on being at MK on the 30th.

I'll have my LGMH on my lanyard and DH will be wearing a red backpack with a LGMH on the bag.

cocowum
08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Calypso can you add myself, DH (Bernard) and DD (Penny) to you list please. We are taking a last minute trip for DD before the HSM show is gone and plan on being at MK on the 30th.

I'll have my LGMH on my lanyard and DH will be wearing a red backpack with a LGMH on the bag.

:yay: :yay: :yay: Yay! So glad you'll be able to make it!

Calypso is away for the weekend. I'm sure she will add you to the list when she gets back. :goodvibes

two-foxes
08-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Is it time, yet???!?!?! I need a vacation and a DOLE WHIP (float, my favorite:goodvibes ) Looking forward to meeting you all:dance3:

calypso*a*go-go
08-10-2008, 05:38 PM

We'll look forward to meeting you. :goodvibes

WayfastWill
08-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Right around the corner, hope to see you all out there.:thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
08-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Right around the corner, hope to see you all out there.:thumbsup2

You betcha Will!!! Does this mean I can officially add you to my prestigious guest list?

djlexus
08-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Ill be there as well!

calypso*a*go-go
08-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Ill be there as well!

Cool -- I'll add you to our list !!! :thumbsup2

cocowum
08-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Ill be there as well!

Yay! :yay: Welcome!:yay:

calypso*a*go-go
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I'll be in WDW one week from today (yay!!!) and we haven't decided yet whether or not we're bringing our laptop, so I hope I can count on some of you to keep this thread on page 1 as a reminder for everyone. :thumbsup2

Also, if you're new to the thread and will be visiting the MK on 8/30 -- please stop by and say hello -- I promise we won't bite and it certainly isn't mandatory to confirm here that you'll be attending. Just keep the info in mind and if you happen to be at the MK on the same day, just mosey on over.

DID I MENTION MY VACATION STARTS IN ONE WEEK?
(And no, this isn't Tracy! :teeth: )

cocowum
08-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I'll be in WDW one week from today (yay!!!) and we haven't decided yet whether or not we're bringing our laptop, so I hope I can count on some of you to keep this thread on page 1 as a reminder for everyone. :thumbsup2

Also, if you're new to the thread and will be visiting the MK on 8/30 -- please stop by and say hello -- I promise we won't bite and it certainly isn't mandatory to confirm here that you'll be attending. Just keep the info in mind and if you happen to be at the MK on the same day, just mosey on over.

Is time going as slow for you, as it is for me?...:hourglass :hourglass :hourglass

Mouse Skywalker
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
I'd be there if I could, but I can't wait to hear about it. Please lift one for Bawb from me!

MenashaCorp
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM

Not to be Tracy, either :laughing: , BUT... if you had an iPhone 3G, you wouldn't NEED a laptop to keep up with the DIS!!! ;) (Ain't I annoying!?!)

Glad to bump the thread occasionally. Have a great trip!!:goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go
08-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Not to be Tracy, either :laughing: , BUT... if you had an iPhone 3G, you wouldn't NEED a laptop to keep up with the DIS!!! ;) (Ain't I annoying!?!)

Glad to bump the thread occasionally. Have a great trip!!:goodvibes

Unfortunately we aren't eligible for phone upgrades until the end of this month...is that stinky timing or what?

cocowum
08-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately we aren't eligible for phone upgrades until the end of this month...is that stinky timing or what?

LOL. We aren't eligible to upgrade until Sept 2. We will be at the Apple store on Sept 3. :thumbsup2

randomdisney101
08-13-2008, 10:41 AM
hey add me i might be able to make it if i try really hard but its our last day and we travel that night

calypso*a*go-go
08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
hey add me i might be able to make it if i try really hard but its our last day and we travel that night

We'd love to have you so please make it if you can!

cocowum
08-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Bump...:teeth:

two-foxes
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I am very happy to say that I only have 4 more days of work until we leave for WDW. Just needed to get that off my chest:goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go
08-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I am very happy to say that I only have 4 more days of work until we leave for WDW. Just needed to get that off my chest:goodvibes

I am very happy to say that Jill only has 2 more days of work until she leaves for WDW. Just needed to get that off my chest...:teeth:

two-foxes
08-15-2008, 11:44 AM
I am very happy to say that Jill only has 2 more days of work until she leaves for WDW. Just needed to get that off my chest...:teeth:

Ha! See??? I am not the only one counting!!!:lmao:

jamieT
08-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I am going to try my darndest to convince the other 9 that will be with me to go! I may just have to go mtself, but I could not think of better company to enjoy my first dole whip with! As long as our girls are not losing it (They will be in full costume from BBB!) I am going to TRY!!!

On a side note, I just called POP they said they are booked that week and only the moderates have room! ooooohh might be a long week!

WLfan
08-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Where exactly are we meeting?

calypso*a*go-go
08-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I hope you can make it jamieT. I'll add you to our list and keep my fingers crossed. You'll just have to tell your girls we need some princesses at our party!

WLfan -- We will be somewhere in the vicinity of Aloha Isle in Adventureland. I should be pretty easy to spot in my DWFB/DIS Unplugged t-shirt and plan to get there around 1:30 to try and flag people down.

Launchpad11B
08-16-2008, 08:23 AM
I hope you can make it jamieT. I'll add you to our list and keep my fingers crossed. You'll just have to tell your girls we need some princesses at our party!

WLfan -- We will be somewhere in the vicinity of Aloha Isle in Adventureland. I should be pretty easy to spot in my DWFB/DIS Unplugged t-shirt and plan to get there around 1:30 to try and flag people down.

Just hold up a big lime green mickey head! that will get a Diser's attention every time.:thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
08-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Just hold up a big lime green mickey head! that will get a Diser's attention every time.:thumbsup2

Maybe I can try to make something up along those lines. I'm a bit limited with time and space as we leave (hopefully!) in just a few days and we always do carry-on. We've learned to cram our 21" suitcases to capacity and the kids always know we don't bring back any souvenirs that don't fit in their backpacks (boy has that rule saved me some dollars over the years!).

WLfan
08-17-2008, 11:28 AM
I've got my lgmh's and my DIS shirt! So excited!!! BTW, I've now officially done over 75 posts -- no longer earning my ears. I'm pretty excited!!!:cool1:

MenashaCorp
08-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Bumping from iPhone on I-65S :hug:

CelticBelle
08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I hope that I can still make it to the meet. I will have to wait and make sure that I am not working at that time though. Fingers Crossed!;)

bettyann29
08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
I was hoping to make it and wasnt sure which park we would be in on this date, but looks like its Epcot:sad1: Please eat a DW for me on Saturday.. We'll be in MK on Sunday and we will be sure to have one for Bawb!

two-foxes
08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
I was hoping to make it and wasnt sure which park we would be in on this date, but looks like its Epcot:sad1: Please eat a DW for me on Saturday.. We'll be in MK on Sunday and we will be sure to have one for Bawb!

It is just a short monorail ride away;) !

bettyann29
08-17-2008, 09:49 PM
It is just a short monorail ride away;) !

I know.. but we dont have parkhoppers on our tickets :sad1:

calypso*a*go-go
08-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Awwww...that's too bad Bettyann. I'll be at Epcot morning/evening and will be wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt and it has my username on the back, so come say hi if you see me.

dreamn_Disney
08-18-2008, 06:40 AM

Awwww...that's too bad Bettyann. I'll be at Epcot morning/evening and will be wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt and it has my username on the back, so come say hi if you see me.
Sorry bettyann that you can not make it. Look for me in Epcot as I too will be in Epcot that day. I am leaving Epcot for the meet. If I remember correctly a few others are doing this as well.

WLfan
08-18-2008, 09:58 AM
I'll be at EPCOT for dinner at 5. Maybe we'll see you there.

cocowum
08-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Sorry bettyann that you can not make it. Look for me in Epcot as I too will be in Epcot that day. I am leaving Epcot for the meet. If I remember correctly a few others are doing this as well.

We are hopping over from Epcot that day as well. Sorry we'll miss you bettyann.

We have a 5:50 ADR at Chefs, maybe we'll run into each other in Epcot. :goodvibes

CelticBelle
08-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I just found out I have that day off! :cool1:

I am getting really excited about this! I cant wait to meet everyone and have my first dole whip!:woohoo:

WLfan
08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
BUMP :goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Well...so far, so good on my flight tomorrow night! I've been sweating it out a bit but tonight's flight is still scheduled to leave (yesterday's had been cancelled). So I should be heading to the airport in just a little over 24 hrs. I'm trying to finish all my laundry, packing, etc early enough that I can do chat tomorrow night as I've missed the last two weeks. :(

Launchpad11B
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
We've been keeping our fingers crossed for you as far as Fay goes.
Hope you get there safe and sound.:thumbsup2

WLfan
08-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Have a safe flight. When is everyone else leaving? We're not leaving until Monday morning.

Launchpad11B
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Have a safe flight. When is everyone else leaving? We're not leaving until Monday morning.

Monday flight from NY at 6:00am. Hopefully Fay will be long gone!:thumbsup2

WLfan
08-19-2008, 08:44 PM
We're also leaving from NY Monday at 6 am!

calypso*a*go-go
08-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow -- is there a chance you guys will be on the same flight?

Launchpad11B
08-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Which airport?

WLfan
08-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Islip on Southwest -- are you at JFK? It was a toss up b/w Jetblue at JFK and SW at Islip, but Islip is closer to our house. Either way I guess we'll be arriving in Orlando at the same time. I'll see you on the airport monorail!

Launchpad11B
08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Islip on Southwest -- are you at JFK? It was a toss up b/w Jetblue at JFK and SW at Islip, but Islip is closer to our house. Either way I guess we'll be arriving in Orlando at the same time. I'll see you on the airport monorail!

AirTran out of Newburgh. It's a bit of a drive, but they had the best price. See you next week.:cool1:

bettyann29
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM
We are hopping over from Epcot that day as well. Sorry we'll miss you bettyann.

We have a 5:50 ADR at Chefs, maybe we'll run into each other in Epcot. :goodvibes

Im bummed that I wont be there but I will wear my DIS tshirt that day even though I'll be in Epcot.. Im glad to see so many of you guys will be in Epcot that day.. I'll keep an eye out for anyone I can hopefully spot.. If someone sees someone in a Dis tshirt stop and say "HI"..

Id love to meet some of you..

Jonereno
08-20-2008, 05:58 AM
We're heading out at 3:00 p.m. today (Yay!). Hopefully the storms and wind/or wind from are out of the area by the time we arrive at 7:00 tonight. We'll see you all next Saturday!

calypso*a*go-go
08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
My flight is still a go as of this morning. :banana:

When I did online check-in last night there was a screen that came up during the process that said they were looking for volunteers to reschedule...it was really tempting because they were offering a free r/t ticket (hello Podcast Cruise!) but since it wasn't a definite thing until we got to the airport anyway I decided to decline and see if they offer anything different once we get there. Since our's is a red eye we could go out the next morning and still get to WDW for same day check-in, the only thing it would do is cause us to cancel one ADR -- so we'll see! :thumbsup2

MenashaCorp
08-20-2008, 08:53 AM

When I did online check-in last night there was a screen that came up during the process that said they were looking for volunteers to reschedule...it was really tempting because they were offering a free r/t ticket (hello Podcast Cruise!) but since it wasn't a definite thing until we got to the airport anyway I decided to decline and see if they offer anything different once we get there. Since our's is a red eye we could go out the next morning and still get to WDW for same day check-in, the only thing it would do is cause us to cancel one ADR -- so we'll see! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip!!!! We'll be back here bumping your Dole Whip thread!! :hug:

calypso*a*go-go
08-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Have a great trip!!!! We'll be back here bumping your Dole Whip thread!! :hug:

Thank you J/K !!!

cocowum
08-20-2008, 09:22 AM

I'm so glad your flight is still *a* go! :teeth:

See you in a few days!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

WLfan
08-20-2008, 09:35 PM
:thumbsup2 OK, switched around some ADR's today to make that day an MK day instead of MGM. Now I don't have to worry about rushing through my Brown Derby meal to get to MK

two-foxes
08-21-2008, 06:42 AM
:thumbsup2 OK, switched around some ADR's today to make that day an MK day instead of MGM. Now I don't have to worry about rushing through my Brown Derby meal to get to MK

You were actually able to get something else??? We've been trying to add a couple of ADRS, but free dining has shut us out!

Great to hear you will make it:goodvibes

MenashaCorp
08-21-2008, 01:44 PM
BUMP*a*go-go!! :hug: :thumbsup2

WLfan
08-21-2008, 08:49 PM
I had no problem getting new Brown Derby ADRs for a different day. I got the time I wanted to (almost -- no 12:00, but we have 12:05 :lmao:

two-foxes
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I had no problem getting new Brown Derby ADRs for a different day. I got the time I wanted to (almost -- no 12:00, but we have 12:05 :lmao:

Actually BD was one of the FEW places I had luck getting a lunch ressie for....Bring on the Tuna Cobb:goodvibes Anywhere in Epcot was a joke, except TeppanEdo, and they don't take DDE.

WLfan
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
My first day I ended up with lunch at 2:20 and dinner at 5! I keep calling to see if there are cancellations so I can make dinner later, but no luck. I bet BD was available bc it's two meals.

MenashaCorp
08-23-2008, 08:36 PM

Launchpad11B
08-24-2008, 06:40 AM

You're very punctual with your "bump*a*go-go!" It seems the weather is improving for calypso's trip. We'll be joining her Monday. It's Tutto Italia tomorrow night for dinner!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

WLfan
08-24-2008, 07:22 PM
BUMP

This is my last post before leaving for WDW tomorrow! Can't wait. Hope to see you all at the meet! :3dglasses

two-foxes
08-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Well, we are off later today. We will arrive in Orlando way too late for my tastes, but alas, we will still be there! I am procrastinating....should be cleaning my house...but I must check the boards first! Still have to find my DisUnplugged lanyard....DH "moved" it....to where is the question!

Safe travels to all, looking forward to meeting you all! It will be tough not to indulge in a dole whip before we meet, but I am gonna hold off!

CelticBelle
08-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Im starting to get really excited about saturday! woo hoo!

If anyone is going to be in the Animal Kingdom and purchasing and ice cream/ snacks, come look for me! Ill be working the outdoor carts. Look for Sam from university of Ca Davis. It would be great to have some visitors!

MenashaCorp
08-26-2008, 12:02 PM

Hope Tutto Italia turns out Tutto Bene!! (trans: Issawll good, G) :thumbsup2

Safe travels! :hug:

BernardandMissBianca
08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
we'll see y'all there!!!! We leave bright and early Friday morning!

Stitch&figment 4 eve
08-27-2008, 09:54 AM
I think I might be dropping in on this meet, if you all wouldn't mind a youngin' joining ya ;)

DHS_Flo
08-28-2008, 07:48 AM
I won't be able to make it because I'm out of the country :( However, I'll be there in spirit. Maybe I'll just eat some pineapple :)

two-foxes
08-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Bumping.....see you all later today.:cool1:

kab407
08-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Have a great meet. Someone give Dian-er a hug for me!

UrsulasShadow
08-30-2008, 07:51 AM
I'll be thinking pineappley-goodness thoughts today.

luna99
08-30-2008, 08:03 AM
I hope you all have a great time and take pictures!!!!

DisneyKevin
08-30-2008, 08:38 AM
John and I are going and we have "surprises".

But I cant tell you.....

:lmao:

CelticBelle
08-30-2008, 09:06 AM
woo hoo!:cool1:

My first time meeting anyone from the Dis and I get to meet the celebrities from the podcast too!

WebmasterJohn
08-30-2008, 09:13 AM
John and I are going and we have "surprises".

But I cant tell you.....

:lmao:

WHAT?!?!?!

DVCsince02
08-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I hope everyone has a great time today. Wish I could be there! Fave fun and raise your Whip to Bawb for me.

Post lots of pics and tell us all about it when you can.

IWISHFORDISNEY
08-30-2008, 09:44 AM
I hope everyone has a good time today. Lots of pics please for those of us who cant attend. We are thinking of Bob today:)

andrewilley
08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Looking forward to it!

Andre

disneyholic family
08-30-2008, 12:36 PM
since it's almost 9 pm my time, it must be almost 2 pm WDW time, so you should be gathering soon...:goodvibes
wish i could be there with you all!!

have a lovely time!!

BRobson
08-30-2008, 12:40 PM
since it's almost 9 pm my time, it must be almost 2 pm WDW time, so you should be gathering soon...:goodvibes
wish i could be there with you all!!

have a lovely time!!

Its a shame we are so far away :)

Madi100
08-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Hope the meet goes well. Wish I could be there :(

safetymom
08-30-2008, 02:26 PM
It rained, it poured but we still had a great time. It was nice putting faces to the names.

UrsulasShadow
08-30-2008, 02:35 PM
It rained, it poured but we still had a great time. It was nice putting faces to the names.

It's OVER??? Where are the pics?

IWISHFORDISNEY
08-30-2008, 02:36 PM

Yeah I am glad it went well. We NEED pics if anyone took any. I can live through you all. I cant wait to hear the details:goodvibes

disneyholic family
08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Its a shame we are so far away :)

indeed...wouldn't it be fun to be able to pop over any time to join in the fun?

glad to hear you had a great time....and now you can let us put names to faces by posting some pictures, rain and all......:)

LilGMom
08-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Hope you all had a great time! Wish I could have been there.

DisDarling
08-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Cant wait to see pics!!!
Ames

DisneyKevin
08-30-2008, 07:08 PM
The meet today was awesome. We got to meet some long time listeners as well as some of the newer members of our audience.

Regina and her husband Gary attended, as did Will, Corey's sister Anna, Diana, Brian, Mariana (Varley family friend) and John and I.

We brought along some surprises....just some DIS doodads....pins, a hat, a visor, a cooler and the grand prize was an evelope with a card stating that the recipient could pick a number from the PRIZEMATRON.

The grand prize winner was WLFan and she will be picking her number on a future podcast.

The meet took place in the middle of one of the outer bands of Gustav. The rain went from heavy to torrential.

Our trip back home turned in a scene from Planes, Trains and Automobiles. We walked through heavy duty rain, boarded the resort monorail to find that there was a broken down monorail blocking the track. We were told it would take between 1/2 to 2 hours to fix.

We decided to take the shuttle launch boat to the Poly......us and everyone else fleeing the MK. We had to wait for 4 boats before we could board. It took almost 2 hours to get from the meet to our car.

That being said....it was a fun get together and I am thrilled and honored that people came out in the rain to participate.

We even got to talk via cell phone Aaron (ADP) at the Indy meet, which was very very cool.

Thanks to all who attended.

Kevin

safetymom
08-30-2008, 07:11 PM
You forgot me. :)

DisneyKevin
08-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I am truly sorry. I did forget to add your name.

Kathy W. was there with us as well.

Sorry Kathy.

safetymom
08-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks Kevin. :) :) I think I am still drying out.

safetymom
08-30-2008, 07:51 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/safetymom52/BAWBmeet012aaacopy.jpg

kab407
08-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks Kathy!

Everyone looks great with their new DIS "pens" and lanyards!

Jubilee
08-30-2008, 08:19 PM
You guys look great! We were all there in spirit! Bawb too!

Heyyyy...is that a pic of JOHN back there?! ;)

UrsulasShadow
08-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Which one's LisaLisaLisa???

Renysmom
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Great picture but we need labels... I see CorEy and Kevin and I am pretty sure I figured out who Brian is (he looks like his dad :goodvibes ) but we need labels on everyone else.

Please

WebmasterJohn
08-30-2008, 09:03 PM
I have bad news for you - Corey wasn't there and Kathy photoshopped both Kevin and I out of the picture....she knows what side her bread is buttered on :rotfl2:

Regina
08-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Great picture but we need labels... I see CorEy and Kevin and I am pretty sure I figured out who Brian is (he looks like his dad :goodvibes ) but we need labels on everyone else.

Please

CorEy's folks came into town today so he couldn't make it. I'm the fifth from the right (in the back.) Brian is in the back to my right.

We broke out our "emergency" ponchos and made a break for it to our resort bus. (No joke, we bought the ponchos in Target and that's how they're labeled.) Even with them on, the legs of our shorts got drenched and I don't think our shoes will be dry until February. Thank goodness we have a one bedroom Villa with a washer/dryer.

It was so nice to meet some of you. While the weather wasn't the best, I'm sure Bawb was smiling down seeing so many of us enjoying a Dole Whip for him. :hug:

andrewilley
08-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm in the back row, third from the left.

It was great to meet up with you folks and put some faces to names. And even some real names to some screen-names! Thanks to the podcast crew who attended too, lots of very familiar voices there. :)

The weather was not exactly on our side, but that didn't seem to bother anyone too much - apart from prolonging the goodbyes a bit.

I hope Bob was looking down and smiling.

Andre

Renysmom
08-30-2008, 09:54 PM
ahh but Kevin you are both in the picture... Look at the feet very closely hehehehe

Jubilee
08-30-2008, 09:58 PM
ahh but Kevin you are both in the picture... Look at the feet very closely hehehehe

Wow, I didn't even notice that. :3dglasses

andrewilley
08-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Grin, it's a cover up! Those old KGB press media teams would have been proud. :)

Andre

DisneyKevin
08-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Sorry guys.....the black sneakers and white socks belong to John.:lmao:

Jubilee
08-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Did anyone get pics of you all eating the Dole Whips? popcorn::

Sir-Mickey
08-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks everyone for coming out to honor my Dad in true DIS fashion. While driving the Khart up main street for the first time to go to this meet it was weird to say the least. I hadn't moved it since he died. So it was special to bring it to something honoring him. I also realized on main street the amount of patience my father had. I almost ran over 45 kids, 2 grandmothers and a dog LOL!!!! Honestly I was standing there while people were gathering for this meet and I felt my Dad there it was eerie.

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p331/BostonBrian_Photos/IMG_7105.jpg

Thank you :flower3:

Regina
08-31-2008, 06:53 AM

OMIGOD!! Those are definitely familiar feet. You two are sooo bad.:lmao:

shellyminnie
08-31-2008, 06:54 AM
It was really great to meet everyone! I had a nice talk with Dianer and got to see a picture of Molly (Bawb's dog). It was also nice to have Bawb's kaht there as well. It made it feel like Bawb was there. I know he was watching us and having a good laugh. I had a blast!

Btw, I'm the one in the front on the left with a pink Minnie shirt on.

two-foxes
08-31-2008, 07:04 AM
I gotta say, everyone is great!!! It was very cool to have the opportunity to match names with faces...or voices with faces! It was so nice to be able to meet Brian and Diann-er, so friendly and so sweet...and Brian is certainly getting his pop's sense of humor;) ! Kevin and John, thanks for being there and making it extra special!!! It was GREAT to meet you guys!

Calypso did a fantastic job of getting this going! THANK YOU!

Okay, I gotta say, what is up with the Martin genetics! Both Corey and his sis are blessed with some great smiles! Add Julie, and that is gonna be one cute baby!

Oh, and Merrick says hi to all! He is looking forward to seeing Miss Regina again in a couple of days! He thankfully continued behaving well, which was good, because we were nowhere close to the lockers! I don't know where we could have put him:lmao:

Oh, and in the picture, I am on the far right with the stroller with Merrick, and DH Tim is on the far left in the black polo. He evidently has had enough of me on this trip and needed to take any opportunity to get as far as away from me as possible....actually I think that may be true!!!!

UrsulasShadow
08-31-2008, 07:06 AM

Hmmm, instead of "nips up", it's become "knees down":lmao:

I seem to see an extra leg beside Regina, too...

safetymom
08-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Note to self: next time clone out John and Kevin's feet. :) :) You are all very observant.

UrsulasShadow
08-31-2008, 07:09 AM
Note to self: next time clone out John and Kevin's feet. :) :) You are all very observant.

I'm glad you left them in, Kathy. That way we know where they were standing, and I can picture them in my mind's eye.

LilGMom
08-31-2008, 07:31 AM

Lol! Love the phantom feet. Great picture.

bawstngrl
08-31-2008, 07:49 AM

not everyone ate them all at once.....here is one photo...Dian-er and Safetymom in the foreground...and i believe two Foxes on the right rear

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/bawstngrlinfl/?action=view&current=firstphotos3007.jpg

safetymom
08-31-2008, 08:14 AM
I look so lovely wet. :)

bawstngrl
08-31-2008, 08:15 AM

this little onehad the BEST time of all!! ( WLFan's daughter)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/bawstngrlinfl/firstphotos3011.jpg[/IMG]

bawstngrl
08-31-2008, 08:19 AM
in case anyone was wondering in the photo, I am the third from the left in front of Dian-er

I took more photos, but since they contain images of Kevin and John I dare not post them

Bawstngrl/marianna

safetymom
08-31-2008, 08:25 AM
CorEy's folks came into town today so he couldn't make it. I'm the fifth from the right (in the back.) Brian is in the back to my right.

We broke out our "emergency" ponchos and made a break for it to our resort bus. (No joke, we bought the ponchos in Target and that's how they're labeled.) Even with them on, the legs of our shorts got drenched and I don't think our shoes will be dry until February. Thank goodness we have a one bedroom Villa with a washer/dryer.

It was so nice to meet some of you. While the weather wasn't the best, I'm sure Bawb was smiling down seeing so many of us enjoying a Dole Whip for him. :hug:

I would always bring them when we came to WDW. When my son was younger he called them emergency pontiacs. The name stuck so we always carry emergency pontiacs now. :)

Dian-er
08-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Everyone, it was truely a pleasure to meet all of you who braved the nasty weather to make it to the Dole Whip for Bob meet. I enjoyed it immensely. Bob loved those dole whips, particulary, the floats. I like the soft serve pineapple/vanilla twists. I am the 5th from the left in back row in the picture. Brian is in the back row, too, has a black hat on.

:dance3: :hippie:

bawstngrl
08-31-2008, 09:08 AM
here is one more photo from the meet......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/bawstngrlinfl/firstphotos3004.jpg[/IMG]

BAWB, my good friend, this one's for you.....:love:

safetymom
08-31-2008, 09:11 AM
The float is my favorite. Yummy.

aGoofyMom
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
I am so glad to see the pictures - and the phantom feet - I was wondering at first glance why there seemed to be "holes" in the group.

Good to see so many made it out yesterday. I had forgotten which day it was going to be. I was at work and since I am still (always?) trying to catch up around here, so I decided to log on. It was the first thread I looked at - then I looked up at the clock. It was 2 minutes to 2. spoooky!

randomdisney101
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
i really tried hard to get there but they looked at the wrong time so we were picked up at 2.30 and at the airport 7 hrs early
Sorry....x
god i'm saying that alot today
Caroline
xxx

sanapunk
08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
I wish I hit the lottery so I could have made a quick run down to FL for this event. :( It seemed so nice to be able to honor Bawb and meet some great DISers!

Will this become an annual thing?

*NikkiBell*
08-31-2008, 12:36 PM
What an amazing experience for you all! I am so glad that you had a splendid time together even despite the horrid rain and bad weather.

I was hoping to do a similar meet during our trip in October. I mentioned it awhile back, but did not want to appear to be "copy catting" our dear calypso friend. I would still love to do it, but feel bad backtracking off of this.

DisDarling
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
The coolest pics, I almost started to cry when I saw Bawb's empty Kart. Bawb would have LOVED this, what a cool tribute to such an awesome man! I can't wait to get my Dole Whip pic next week!! :thumbsup2

Ames

ADP
08-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks from Indy. It was great having both of our meets connect via phone. A big thanks to you Lisa!

Kevin, John and Dian-er, we were glad we had a chance to speak with you.

Dole Whips were had in Indy in memory of Bawb as well. Thanks for sharing your meet with us. :wizard:

WLfan
09-01-2008, 11:59 AM
We just got back from our trip last night. The Dole Whip for Bawb Meet was my favorite thing we did the whole time we were there. It was so nice to come together with others who loved Bawb (those who knew him personally and those like me who just felt like we did). I was so moved that Diana and Brian came and that they brought Bob's cart out for the first time. I'm sure it was difficult for them, but I hope they know how much Bawb is loved and missed. We really enjoyed talking with them and their good friend Marianna. They are so warm and friendly just like Bob. And my DD (20 months) LOVED them too!

Thank you Kevin, John and Will for coming out in the torrential rain. It was such an honor to meet you. You are just as amazing in person as you are on the show. You really are "just being yourselves." I can't wait to "pick a number"! Sorry if I scared you when I screamed!!! :scared1: I was very excited to win! :yay: Thank you so much!

:grouphug:

We love you Bawb! :lovestruc

calypso*a*go-go
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm back home now too. :(

Thank you to everyone that came to our meet. It truly was a wonderful experience. I'm in the photo over towards the right and I'm wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt. My son is on the other side of me. I think the photo turned out fairly well in spite of the torrential downpour that started while we were trying to get the group in place.

I'm so glad we had several people with their cameras as mine was unfortunately with DD, who was still in Epcot.

Cocowum and I rushed Kevin and John when they approached and hope we didn't scare them too bad (and yes...John the people-hater gave us a hug. LOL).

Thank you to Dian-er and Brian for bringing Kaht Kahm. I feel so bad you had to bring it home in such horrible weather.

Also, thanks to Aaron for the hook-up with the Indy meet -- you guys know how to throw a party!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with CorEy and Julie's families and I hope they were able to arrive from LA safely.

You are all fabulous...:hug:

MerriePoppins
09-01-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm back home now too. :(

Thank you to everyone that came to our meet. It truly was a wonderful experience. I'm in the photo over towards the right and I'm wearing my DIS Unplugged shirt. My son is on the other side of me. I think the photo turned out fairly well in spite of the torrential downpour that started while we were trying to get the group in place.

I'm so glad we had several people with their cameras as mine was unfortunately with DD, who was still in Epcot.

Cocowum and I rushed Kevin and John when they approached and hope we didn't scare them too bad (and yes...John the people-hater gave us a hug. LOL).

Thank you to Dian-er and Brian for bringing Kaht Kahm. I feel so bad you had to bring it home in such horrible weather.

Also, thanks to Aaron for the hook-up with the Indy meet -- you guys know how to throw a party!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with CorEy and Julie's families and I hope they were able to arrive from LA safely.

You are all fabulous...:hug:

Glad you arrived home safely. :goodvibes

Sorry the weather was so bad......... love that the gang

managed to get together for a group picture !!!! :grouphug:

We had a wonderful time at the INDY meet. It was nice to be able to put

a face with a name. :)

calypso*a*go-go
09-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Unfortunately the heat along with the rain made it too difficult for all of us to eat our Dole Whips at the same time. I did try the float for the first time and really enjoyed it. Something about having the pineapple juice included made it seem not quite as sweet to me.

There were a few people in attendance that I never really got the chance to speak to...and for that I'm sorry. :(

But, there's always next time, right?

calypso*a*go-go
09-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Glad you arrived home safely. :goodvibes

Sorry the weather was so bad......... love that the gang

managed to get together for a group picture !!!! :grouphug:

We had a wonderful time at the INDY meet. It was nice to be able to put

a face with a name. :)

Thanks Susan. I was also very relieved to arrive home safely and on time. I was so afraid our flights would be affected by bad weather, but we had no problems at all. :thumbsup2

mnra
09-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi I enjoyed the meet for dole whip for Bawb and it was so nice to put faces with people you hear and read on the boards. John and Kevin it was very nice of you to offer prizes and I hope every one was able to have a magical day even with all the rain. It was my first dole whip after all the trips to disney and I am glad I was able to have one in honor of BAWB.

dreamn_Disney
09-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Sorry I did not make it. Ds did not want to go out in the rain that day and I was not going to fight him on it. We had a nice nap in the room instead and had a dole whip for Bob later that week.

NC Belle
09-02-2008, 03:04 PM
:wave:

Just popping in to hey! We enjoy meeting y'all at MK.

We are about to have the last Dole Whips for this trip.

SamIAm21
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM

I knew it!! :lmao:

I'm so glad you all had the opportunity to get together and remember Bob. That was quite a turn out given the weather conditions. Thanks for all the pictures!

mom2knk
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I did cry when I saw the pics of Bawb's Khat. How wonderful of Dian-er and Brian to bring it along! I'm so glad everyone could gather for him...I know he was looking down on all of you and loving it!

mnra
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Sorry we left before the picture was taken. If I knew they where takening a picture would have stayed. So happy to add the dis pin and lanyard to my collection. Look forward to the next dis meet and trying to see if we can make the dis cruise next may

Launchpad11B
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Cocowum and I just arrived home today. The meet was great! It was awesome meeting everyone. I took a lot of pictures and will post them as soon as I can edit Kevin and John out! I was given a finger wagging warning from Kevin not to post their pics! Like a good Diser, I must obey.:worship: Lots of good pics on the way soon. I was doing the picture taking which ensured I would not be in any of them. All part of my plan! Thanks to everyone for coming. It really was the highlight of our trip.:thumbsup2

.....Calypso, PM me so I can send you all of the unedited pics, talk to you soon.:)

Launchpad11B
09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
The Kaht.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/P1010945.jpg

Cocowum's Dole Whip for Bawb
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/P1010947.jpg

Cocowum, Calypso, WLFan, I forget Diser #4s name, if you recognize yourself please refresh my fading memory!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/P1010950.jpg

Calypso's DS Mitch and WLFan with her winning envelope! Good luck on the prizematron!!:thumbsup2
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/P1010955.jpg

Jennie, our DD won this very stylish Dis visor in the raffle.:banana:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/P1010953.jpg

I have a bunch more but as I said before they require editing. Installment two coming soon!:thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
09-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Great pictures Paul ~ Thanks for sharing!

IWISHFORDISNEY
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Fantastic pics thank you so much for sharing with us. :thumbsup2 It is so cool to see everyones face.

Mouse Skywalker
09-03-2008, 09:17 AM
here is one more photo from the meet......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/bawstngrlinfl/firstphotos3004.jpg[/IMG]

BAWB, my good friend, this one's for you.....:love:This picture really chocked me up. To all of Bawb's family - be strong. We're thinking of you, and Bawb is in our hearts and minds.

Mouse Skywalker
09-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks for all the pictures and reports everyone. It sounds like it was a great event, and a great time. Reading the reports and seeing the pictures makes me feel as though I was there.

bawstngrl
09-04-2008, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Mouse Skywalker;27329294]This picture really chocked me up./QUOTE]

I made it thru the meet fine but then when I posted this photo ( and looked at it on the board ) that was one of the times I also started tearing up again......
I decided to add the pic to my signature

WLfan
09-04-2008, 08:40 PM
How do you add a regular picture to your signature? I'd like to add it too.

MenashaCorp
09-04-2008, 08:43 PM
How do you add a regular picture to your signature? I'd like to add it too.

Here ya go:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4886029#post4886029

cocowum
09-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Hey Lisa,

I just wanted to say thanks for putting this all together! It was awesome! I am still knee deep in laundry :laundy: so I haven't had much time to post. :sad2: And I'm sick as a dog! :sick: Hopefully, I'll be back soon!

It was really awesome toasting Bawb with all his friends. :goodvibes

So Thanks! :thanks: You Rock! :thumbsup2

ETA: DD loved wearing that visor, several people walked up to her and asked if she worked for the DIS! She felt like a celebrity. :laughing: :laughing:

calypso*a*go-go
09-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks Alicia -- I hope you're feeling better soon! :hug:

randomdisney101
09-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey Guys look's like you had a great time
:( Sorry i missed it the stupied magical exspress!!!!

At least i got to meet one diser
all the way around EPCOT my grandma was like So who was that then???

calypso*a*go-go
09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey Guys look's like you had a great time
:( Sorry i missed it the stupied magical exspress!!!!

At least i got to meet one diser
all the way around EPCOT my grandma was like So who was that then???

Caroline ~ Are you talking about me? I'm the one that yelled at you while waiting for the bus. I couldn't believe it when you walked by and I recognized you. :thumbsup2

randomdisney101
09-05-2008, 09:12 AM
yup we were going to Chefs de Frace Yummy :D
so i had to exsplain to her who you were and why you were yelling at me lol

calypso*a*go-go
09-05-2008, 09:22 AM
yup we were going to Chefs de Frace Yummy :D
so i had to exsplain to her who you were and why you were yelling at me lol

Don't worry -- I also had to explain to *my* family why I was yelling at you! :rotfl:

WLfan
09-06-2008, 09:40 PM
BUMP ... just for old times sake. :goodvibes

NC Belle
09-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Great pictures---thanks for sharing.