PDA

View Full Version : I've gotta say...

ajleone
07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I've loved Garden Grill for many years. It was among my favorite of the WDW sitdowns. However that being said I am really disappointed it what has become of this restaurant. The food used to be so fresh, well prepared and seasoned now it's just bland ,uninspired and tasting as if it was just microwaved in a box. The meat dish tasted as if they let it soak in the living seas before they served it, and the fish and poultry were just blah. Oh and I am so sick of prepackaged potato Au gratin being passed off as a "homestyle potato casserole" or some other tasty sounding side dish- its potatoes and cheese and it tastes terrible! I'm using this review as a bit of an apology to anyone who may have eaten there because of any posts I have recommended it in. Take care!

MickeyNicki
07-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I dont know what it is about this place but every time I walk by it on the way to Soarin I gag, the smell is just so gross...

catne
07-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Wow, we ate there in May 2008 and really enjoyed the food...and the service.

Sparkie
07-15-2008, 08:50 AM
I have to agree. We were in Disney last week and ate at the Garden Grill. It was our first time and our last. I chose the resturant because of the pictures of the food posted here on the Dis and it was a character lunch for my daughter and I but the food was terrible.

The catfish was dry and cold. Green beans ok but cold. "flank steak" was like Freezer Queen roast beef, no turkey was served, the chicken was ok, the potatoe casserole was ok, the kids mac and cheese was like Stoufers. The best part of the meal was the biscuits/cornbread and desert.

Out of 2 weeks of meals this was the worst. The service was ok but just ok. I got extra bread when requested but my drink was never refilled or offered to be refilled. The characters were wonderful. Alot of interaction and individual attention.

simonkodousek
07-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I've never eaten at the Garden Grill, but you are not alone in noticing declines of food quality at WDW restaurants. At Captain Cook's (in July '07) I ordered the stir-fried noodle dish which is described as "chicken & vegetables with Udon noodles in lemon grass-infused sauce garnished with fried wontons." This description is inaccurate as I received a bowl of soggy Udon noodles covered in water with no chicken, uncooked sugar snap peas, and a handful of very greasy fried wontons. It was edible, but even so I ordered a burger. Honestly, I think it was on the borderline of bad food and swill. :sad2:

Luckily my favorite restaurants (Crystal Palace, Biergarten) have kept consistant with their food quality while maintaining good service and a nice, clean, atmosphere. I just hope that doesn't change for the worse any time soon...

JoePa4Ever
07-15-2008, 09:17 AM
We ate at Garden Grill for the 1st time last year & "bland" is the perfect word to describe the food. It wasn't an awful meal, but it was average at best and left me with no desire to return in the near future.