PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute-- no ADRs can be made July 28- until OCTOBER???

Ginamarie
07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
If I'm reading the latest news item correctly, the ADR system is going to be down for maintenance from the end of July through the end of October.. and then we go back to a 180 day window.

Do they have ANY IDEA what kind of bedlem is going to ensue the day the phone lines reopen... with a three month back-up. I'm totally shaking my head over this one.:confused3

jmcross
07-14-2008, 03:33 PM
I didn't read it that way at all. I think they are just updating the system until October. It said that ADR's can be made until January 2009. After October the 180 day window will be back in place so you could book ADR's past January.

I understand your frustration and believe me I will be checking that all of my ADR's for August are still in place before we leave.

I do agree with you that it all has potential to become a nightmare.:eek:

Joanne

LittleStinkerbelle
07-14-2008, 03:35 PM
I may be off base, but the way I read it was that between now and Oct. you can make ADRs for dates up until Late January (can remember the exact date in Jan.). Then once the new system is up it'll be back to the 180 days for dates from Late January onward (although people trying to book for, say, Feb., will really be booking about 90 days out by the time their window is open).

Ginamarie
07-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I didn't read it that way at all. I think they are just updating the system until October. It said that ADR's can be made until January 2009. After October the 180 day window will be back in place so you could book ADR's past January.

I understand your frustration and believe me I will be checking that all of my ADR's for August are still in place before we leave.

I do agree with you that it all has potential to become a nightmare.:eek:

Joanne

I may be off base, but the way I read it was that between now and Oct. you can make ADRs for dates up until Late January (can remember the exact date in Jan.). Then once the new system is up it'll be back to the 180 days for dates from Late January onward (although people trying to book for, say, Feb., will really be booking about 90 days out by the time their window is open).

I'm reading it the same way you guys are, but I still think it's an issue. This means that people who are travelling in late Jan, Feb, March.. they won't be able to make reservations until October. While people normally rush to the phone on the 180 mark EACH DAY.. all those days are going to pass while people can't make reservations. When the phone lines begin making reservations past Jan 21.. it will be the start date for ALL dates between then and the new 180 day mark!

iHEARTflorida
07-14-2008, 04:19 PM
i really dont understand what it means at all! can someone explain to me what it means??? thank you

aribelle
07-14-2008, 04:59 PM
i really dont understand what it means at all! can someone explain to me what it means??? thank you

Your signature says you're going in 20 days....so you hopefully already have your ADRs made....if not, don't delay....not because of the changes, but because it's too busy a time of year to not have an ADR.

If you have another trip planned before January 2009, you'll still be able to make your ADRs just fine.

If you have a trip that is after January 25 than you better hurry and make it immediately (before July 21) because as of July 21, you won't be able to call in and make any ADRs until October. In October you'll be back to being able to make ADRs and change them for a 180 day window.

If you're going between now and January 25, nothing is different, you can call and make any ADRs or changes you need.

I feel sorry for the folks whose trips will span before and after January 25. Planning is not going to be easy not knowing whether you'll get the reservations you need to make the rest of your plan work.

I wonder what the new ADR system will be like....will it be any better for us, maybe the ability to book online (oh be still my beating heart!), or will it just be a way to catch double bookers....or will it be that all ADRs will require credit card deposits/holds.....or will it just clear out the last decade of debris in their system, :lmao:

simonkodousek
07-14-2008, 05:15 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney to cancel our ADR's, and I asked about the change to 90 days. The CSR said that the 90 day change is being looked into by the marketing department, and an official word would be announced shortly. She also mentioned that it would screw up the way people make ADR's and she is anticipating lots of phone calls on incorrect days. :sad2:

Northern Disney Girl
07-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I feel sorry for the folks whose trips will span before and after January 25. Planning is not going to be easy not knowing whether you'll get the reservations you need to make the rest of your plan work.

This would be me! We begin our trip on January 19th and end our trip on January 29th! I was all ready to go to book my ADR's on July 23rd (my 180 window) now I am so confused :confused3 and frustrated :mad: ! With this new system, and no January hours yet - I am about ready to pull out some of my beautiful hair! I don't know if I will still be able to make some of my ADR's now or not! Everybody is saying different things about dates and when this system goes into effect - aaarrggg! I just wish Disney would hurry up and release something official!

Misty89
07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
sorry, piggy back/ killing your thread.

we are hoping to get ADR for feb 9th, and one more for anytime between the 10th- 12th ( 2 dinners, undecided where yet) so........my original 180 day mark would be be August 18th 2008 - when can i start trying to get ADR's wis this change?
wil the PS calculator be updated? ( the link through allearsnet )

I am glad i saw this........i thought a change was just a rumor:confused3

Pikester
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
OK. I allready made all my ADRs for my December trip. Should I call to confirm the ressies by a certain date or trust that nothing happens to them during the system upgrade? If I do call when should I do that and what do I say?

Ginamarie
07-14-2008, 09:22 PM
sorry, piggy back/ killing your thread.

we are hoping to get ADR for feb 9th, and one more for anytime between the 10th- 12th ( 2 dinners, undecided where yet) so........my original 180 day mark would be be August 18th 2008 - when can i start trying to get ADR's wis this change?
wil the PS calculator be updated? ( the link through allearsnet )

I am glad i saw this........i thought a change was just a rumor:confused3

Yeah, you're going to fit into the boat of people who have to wait until October! You won't be able to make reservations in August, because the system won't take reservations past the January cut off date at that point. As soon as they go active again at the end of October, you can make your ressies.

OK. I allready made all my ADRs for my December trip. Should I call to confirm the ressies by a certain date or trust that nothing happens to them during the system upgrade? If I do call when should I do that and what do I say?

You should be FINE for December. This is only going to be a pain for people travelling at the very end of January, and then Feb/March.

jenjersnap
07-14-2008, 09:32 PM
This would be me! We begin our trip on January 19th and end our trip on January 29th! I was all ready to go to book my ADR's on July 23rd (my 180 window) now I am so confused :confused3 and frustrated :mad: ! With this new system, and no January hours yet - I am about ready to pull out some of my beautiful hair! I don't know if I will still be able to make some of my ADR's now or not! Everybody is saying different things about dates and when this system goes into effect - aaarrggg! I just wish Disney would hurry up and release something official!

I am with you on the frustration level. DS and I are tentatively scheduled for January 24 to 29. I don't know what the heck to do. I can make two ADRs now, I guess, for the first two days but no calendar (trying to scope out the P&PP dates) and no 2009 DDP info (to see if we'll do it and, yes, I understand it isn't usually available so early) makes figuring it out really, really hard. Grrrr. :confused3

Pikester
07-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Thank you for your reply! Much appreciated.:)

polkadotminnie
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
We are going Feb 5-9. It is going to be awful the day they reopen to the 180 day window. The phone lines will be so bogged down with people that did not get to call in August or September.:eek: :scared1: :scared:

jlovesee
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Nice.... our wedding anniversary is Jan 26th....:(

Jennifer

Ginamarie
07-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I am with you on the frustration level. DS and I are tentatively scheduled for January 24 to 29. I don't know what the heck to do. I can make two ADRs now, I guess, for the first two days but no calendar (trying to scope out the P&PP dates) and no 2009 DDP info (to see if we'll do it and, yes, I understand it isn't usually available so early) makes figuring it out really, really hard. Grrrr. :confused3

We are going Feb 5-9. It is going to be awful the day they reopen to the 180 day window. The phone lines will be so bogged down with people that did not get to call in August or September.:eek: :scared1: :scared:

Nice.... our wedding anniversary is Jan 26th....:(

Jennifer

I'm in the same boat with you guys, and that's what got me so bent out of shape about this. We're planning on a late April trip and the "reopening" of the phone lines is going to fall just about as I need to start making resevations. It's going to be INSANE to get dining reservations in late October now. The competition was hard enough when everyone was calling at the 180 day window, but now it's going to be even worse.

I understand that the resevation system may need an overhaul, but I can't understand how customer service would think this is a viable option when it's going to cause such a back-up! It also means that the dining lines are going to gradually slow down as October approaches (because no new dates will be opening up) and then for the reopening BLAMMO- insanity. This includes all the heavy crowds who need reservations for President's Week, Spring Break and Easter.:confused3

Allison
07-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Hopefully, the added ability to make reservations online will take away some of the congestion on the phone lines.

twinsplusone
07-15-2008, 07:20 AM
We are going in Feb '09 and only need two ADRs. Of course they are for Mickey and Cinderella. I can still call 180 days out, right? I thought I read it's still 180 days for the hard to get places.

vassar36
07-15-2008, 07:35 AM
ahhh....:sad2:...we are going in March and my 180 dinning window opens in Sept...I finally got the hang of it at the 180 day mark calling,... but with this new annoucment I am stressed once again :scared: ... bad timing on Disney's part for one of their most busy times of the year, i.e. Spring Break....:headache:

MickeyNicki
07-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Ok someone help me because I am in a fog this morning.

We are going Jan 22-26th. I was all set to make my ressies on July 26th. Can I still do that or am I SOL?? (sorry outta luck)

yankeepenny
07-15-2008, 07:53 AM
i am in the same boat......my trip is feb 1-7:surfweb:

Ginamarie
07-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Hopefully, the added ability to make reservations online will take away some of the congestion on the phone lines.

I find it hard to believe that they're going to add online booking as an option. The Disney website as it presently exists could not handle the volume AT ALL. I say this from experience having tried to book cruise reservation plans for the Westbound Repo earlier this year. When the booking date opened at midnight, we essentially SHUT DOWN the entire cruise booking system for the rest of the day. My fellow cruisemates and I were trying to book our reservations from midnight until about 8 am. Cruise bookings create FAR less demand than the resort reservation system, as there are a limited amount of cabins on the ship!
I know there are rumors about online booking becoming an option, but this has been a rumor for a long time, and I doubt that they're overhauling the entire website at this point. In fact, Disney never fully overhauled their website the last time they upgraded it. When you look to book resort reservations it reverts back to the old booking system's platform.

Ok someone help me because I am in a fog this morning.

We are going Jan 22-26th. I was all set to make my ressies on July 26th. Can I still do that or am I SOL?? (sorry outta luck)

Yup, you're out of luck :( You'll have to wait until October to make ressies.

IMACM
07-15-2008, 09:01 AM
The new system and the old system with be runnning at the same time so those of you that have reservations should be fine, they will not be merging the systems!!

Here is the latest update.........................

Beginning October 24, 2008, the launch of a more robust reservation system for dining, recreation and tour bookings will replace our current Dining Reservation System. With the launch of our new booking system, reservations for dining, recreation, and tours may be conveniently secured during one interaction instead of the multiple transactions required today. This supports our commitment to leverage technology to enhance the overall Guest experience. The upgrade to the new system begins July 21, 2008, with minimal impact expected to the booking window. As the application upgrade occurs, the latest reservation date Guests are able to secure with our current systems is January 25, 2009. Once the upgrade is completed the booking window will expand back to the normal 180 days.

Fredd's Girl
07-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Our trip is scheduled Jan22-Feb1. :headache:
This just doesn't seem very guest friendly or well thought out on Disney's part. We wanted to eat at some of the more popular restaurants, Le Cellier, Narcooses etc. and this might be a huge pain. We could be at the Fish and Chip stand in the UK for a week! :rolleyes:

n2mm
07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Looks like I just made it. We are there Jan. 18-24, so I should still be able to make my ADRs next week.

ellenmiele
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
It seems like an awfully long time for system upgrades unless there is going to be something big - like the addition of an online component? We'll be going over Easter 2009 and our 180 mark would be around 10/15 - I'm a little surprised that the busy spring break/Easter time is going to be affected. All those people are going to have to call (or maybe go online?) on Oct 24th.???

Ginamarie
07-15-2008, 10:18 AM
It seems like an awfully long time for system upgrades unless there is going to be something big - like the addition of an online component? We'll be going over Easter 2009 and our 180 mark would be around 10/15 - I'm a little surprised that the busy spring break/Easter time is going to be affected. All those people are going to have to call (or maybe go online?) on Oct 24th.???

That's what they're saying- all the spring break/easter people will be able to book starting on 10-24 (along with everyone else who is then within the 180 day window).

Tricia1972
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally when this rumor started circulating they were not going to go back to 180 days when they launch the system, they were going to ease their way back up, probably to help minimize the onslaught of calls.

So on 10/28/08 - you'd make reservations for 1/26/09
10/29/08 - 1/27/09

Assuming they'd ease into it, maybe on 10/29 they'd open 1/27 and 1/28

The rumor, when it started, said it would be well into 2009 before they reached the full 180 days. The onslaught of calls is probably why they'd ease vs just open the floodgates.

Tricia1972
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Do remember, of course, it's ALL still rumor until we see official word from Disney about this.

Ginamarie
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally when this rumor started circulating they were not going to go back to 180 days when they launch the system, they were going to ease their way back up, probably to help minimize the onslaught of calls.

So on 10/28/08 - you'd make reservations for 1/26/09
10/29/08 - 1/27/09

Assuming they'd ease into it, maybe on 10/29 they'd open 1/27 and 1/28

The rumor, when it started, said it would be well into 2009 before they reached the full 180 days. The onslaught of calls is probably why they'd ease vs just open the floodgates.

That's not what the announcement says though...

Tricia1972
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
That's not what the announcement says though...

There's an announcement on the Disney Website now? I must have missed it.

Though even with an 'official' Disney announcement, what they said may not be what they meant. Remember the disastrous announcement of the DDE 18% gratuity last summer. EEK! :scared1:

Tricia1972
07-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey since the website is such a PTN (Pain To Navigate), can you give me a link to their official announcement?

n2mm
07-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I just got off the phone with disney dining. I had to rearrange some of my August ADRs, surprisingly no problem changing some of my plans for our group of 9. Since I had an EXCELLENT CM, I decided to ask a few questions. She pretty much said exactly what is being posted and confirmed that they would only be booking ADRs up to January 25th (as posted earlier). I asked about calling next week to book my Jan 18-24 trip and she said no problem. She said the 25th was the last ADR they will be booking. I also asked that when I call on Tuesday 7/22, if I could still book my +10 and she again said yes. I mentioned how horrible it will be that first day when the bookings open again and she said yes, they were not looking forward to that. She also said that once the upgrade is complete, they would go back to the 180 day bookings again. While not official--since some need the actual writing--this pretty much confirmed it for ME. Since everything she said way exactly what is being passed around, I think she knew what she was talking about. She said the new upgrade will be much better. So just wanted to pass on another CM confirmation on the new dining system.

mhelsley
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
So does this mean i'm safe as my trip is from Jan. 2-10. So i have time to wait and see what the dinning plan will be. I can then add more ADR if i go with the plan. Not to worry i've already book my popular choice(Le Cellier)

Thanx
Melinda

Tricia1972
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
If that CM is right, then Disney is flipping nuts! They should ease into it as previously rumored, where they do 90 days for a while.

I feel sorry for you guys who are calling in late October. Also, if the system is going online in late October, then it's sure to crash the first day.

n2mm
07-15-2008, 11:12 AM
So does this mean i'm safe as my trip is from Jan. 2-10. So i have time to wait and see what the dinning plan will be. I can then add more ADR if i go with the plan. Not to worry i've already book my popular choice(Le Cellier)

Thanx
Melinda

The way she made it sound like was that they will be booking ADRs, but won't book anything beyond January 25, 2009. So yes we can still continue to call and modify our trips prior to that date.

Yes, October sounds like a mess!

disneyfav4ever
07-15-2008, 11:15 AM
This would be me! We begin our trip on January 19th and end our trip on January 29th! I was all ready to go to book my ADR's on July 23rd (my 180 window) now I am so confused :confused3 and frustrated :mad: ! With this new system, and no January hours yet - I am about ready to pull out some of my beautiful hair! I don't know if I will still be able to make some of my ADR's now or not! Everybody is saying different things about dates and when this system goes into effect - aaarrggg! I just wish Disney would hurry up and release something official!You should be able to make them since your 180-day mark is before 7/28, and that's when the change is taking place.

momathome
07-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Our last trip (Jan 2007) wasnt planned until early November the fall before and we had no problems getting any of the ADRs that we wanted. Is January just a slower month for the resturants? We are going again Jan. 22-28, but I'm not even ready to start making ADRs, especially when I dont have a park schedule. Maybe we were just lucky the trip before.

Ginamarie
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey since the website is such a PTN (Pain To Navigate), can you give me a link to their official announcement?

It's not been put on the website, but the CMs are confirming it at this point, exactly the way it's been listed on the "news" portion of this website.

Thanx
Melinda

Yup, you're safe because your dates are before January 25 :)

If that CM is right, then Disney is flipping nuts! They should ease into it as previously rumored, where they do 90 days for a while.

I feel sorry for you guys who are calling in late October. Also, if the system is going online in late October, then it's sure to crash the first day.

I agree. It's going to be an absolute mess. As for online, like I said earlier, unless they're doing a HUGE overhaul and investing a LOT of money into the website, it will crash within a couple of minutes of going active. The current site can't withstand even a portion of that volume as it stands. If it doesn't go online and it's all phone reservations (as it is now), it's going to be insane those first few days.. and I mean IN-SANE.

Ginamarie
07-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Our last trip (Jan 2007) wasnt planned until early November the fall before and we had no problems getting any of the ADRs that we wanted. Is January just a slower month for the resturants? We are going again Jan. 22-28, but I'm not even ready to start making ADRs, especially when I dont have a park schedule. Maybe we were just lucky the trip before.

January is a slow period for the restaurants. Also, if you're not picking about the times you're dining, you usually have a good shot at getting what you want. I've booked dining reservations for a couple of my trips just 4-6 weeks in advance and done fine. This may not hold true for the most popular restaurant spots though, even during January. Someplace like Le Celier books up for dinner pretty quickly. It also becomes difficult when you're travelling during a peak period, say President's week or Easter week.

Disneyof3
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
So I have this right????

I'm going the first week of March, so my 180 mark would of been September. So I can still book my CM but anything else must wait until October 24 2008.

Is this date October 24 a definite or a approximately??
I'm thinking maybe I should start calling the end of September to check how the system is going once a week???

Ginamarie
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
So I have this right????

I'm going the first week of March, so my 180 mark would of been September. So I can still book my CM but anything else must wait until October 24 2008.

Is this date October 24 a definite or a approximately??
I'm thinking maybe I should start calling the end of September to check how the system is going once a week???

According to the latest announcement information you'd have to wait until 10-24 to make your dining reservations. Honestly, I'd just keep following the Dis to see what the latest information is on the reservation system. It tends to be accurate more quickly than the cast members are themselves!

polkadotminnie
07-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Can you imagine what the rush is going to be trying to get Le Cellier when it reopens in October?:scared1: I wish it was included with Chef Mickeys for early booking!:confused3

jenjersnap
07-15-2008, 07:13 PM
I hope they re-consider and roll out the bookings gradually in late October. Seems like that would be kinder to both CMs and customers.

Justish
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Where does it say chef mickeys is still allowed to be booked?

How is this possible if the WHOLE system is changing? How can they pick and choose which ADR's you can "still make" 180 days out?

~Ally

tinkbyday
07-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I spoke to a CM today also. We are going 1/19 - 1/24 and she said we could call back on 7/23 to make reservations up until 1/25/09. Just another confirmation of earlier posts.

Ginamarie
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Where does it say chef mickeys is still allowed to be booked?

How is this possible if the WHOLE system is changing? How can they pick and choose which ADR's you can "still make" 180 days out?

~Ally

For some reason, they're allowing reservations for V&A, CM and CRT to continue booking at 180 days out. There's no explaination for it though.. just another screwy option.

Tricia1972
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Edited to avoid confusion.:rotfl:

Ginamarie
07-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Is the CM, CRT V&A information on 90 days new? In the ever changing information I can totally believe it's changed, but originally it was supposed to stay at 180 days for those three, if you think about it 90 days from the 10/24 date, when things go back to normal, is 1/25 (which is the cut off date right now).

If I were booking one of those three myself I'd still call at 180 days out.

Whoops.. I meant 180 days. I'm starting to lose it over here. Off to amend the other post so no one gets as confused as I am!

Tricia1972
07-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I edited too, this is confusing enough :rotfl: