PDA

View Full Version : Wofgang Puck Upstairs..Is it really that bad?

mickeygirlnc
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
We have dinner ADR for Wolfgang Puck Upstairs cafe for our trip in Sept. and I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews for this place. Should we try for another restaurant for dinner there or maybe just eat at the resort after shopping at DTD? We already have an ADR for Planet Hollywood.

Any advice would be much appreciated:confused3

TDC Nala
07-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen any negative reviews (granted I have not been looking for reviews) and I liked it enough to go back there. In fact I am planning to.

I have quit relying on reviews from guests. I have seen too many that had the exact opposite experience that I had within a the same week. If I want to try a new place, I'll just try it.

It didn't seem to me that Upstairs was particularly child-friendly (seems more upscale, doesn't take DDP) but I don't have children so I wasn't really looking at what kind of an experience it would be for children.

CinRell
07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I was there in 05 (*sigh*)... and my ex and I loved this... it was one of our favorites!

Tinkfan10
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM
My family had a terrible experience there in June this year...try the Express it is excellent and gets rave reviews...I also heard that Raglan Road is out of this world. I would not recommend Cafe to anyone and that is what many say as well....in the dining section of this web site they even say in bold red to stay away from there and i trust that opinion.

TDC Nala
07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
There may also be some confusion as to whether posters are referring to Wolfgang Puck Cafe or Wolfgang Puck Dining Room (upstairs). These are two separate restaurants in the same building.

Junick
07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
My husband and I prefer the Express.

dansyr2514
07-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I haven't done the upstairs in a few years...since it used to be included on the gold plan. But, It was wonderful. Definitely more upscale...more along the lines of Cali Grill. The food was excellent and the service impeccable. Also, it is way more quiet than the cafe. Very relaxed and a pretty view of the lake.
I would give it a shot.

tinkerdee
07-15-2008, 06:55 AM
My husband and I recently went to the upstairs dining room w/o the kids and it was great, the service was outstanding and the food delicious. Planet Hollywood on the other hand is another story. We went there with the kids this time and would never go back, poor service and a bad meal. Just thought I would share my experience. We are going back in August and are taking the kids to Wolfgang upstairs and are staying far away from Planet H.

Uncleromulus
07-15-2008, 06:55 AM
I see it just about like Dansyr. We've been there 3 times--the last being last May. And believe me--it IS child friendly as well. Lots of little tykes running around the last time we were there. And the dress is the same as Disney's "business casual"--meaning almost anything except a bathing suit will get you in.

engle
07-15-2008, 07:13 AM
I think it is pretty much like EVERYWHERE else....with the exception of V&A which I have only ever seen posititive reviews, I have never seen anything but both posititve and negative reviews of Disney restaurants!! I personally had a terrible experience upstairs at Wolfgang Pucks and won't return.