PDA

View Full Version : Ohana, potatoes are back??

MickeyNicki
07-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Allears has an updated menu with the potatoes listed not the noodles, can anyone confirm this?

ChrisnKim913
07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
I see that too... i hope thats the case!! Anyone know anything?

HonnyDipp
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
According to the updated menu's they are back! I can't wait to have them in November!

Evan&Kimberly
07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh this will be my first trip to WDW and I have 2 ressies for Ohana dinner and O have I heard sooooooo much about these potatoes, I know I make a mean cheese potato and want to see if Ohan's can top mine,I heard so many people complaning that these potatoes were gone! This lets's me know that Disney has their ears :earsboy: on and open, :rotfl2: Now if this is true we can do the Potatoes are back danceparty: Kimmie

BeckWhy
07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Though I haven't tried the noodles... and would have liked too... I LOVE THE POTATOES!

goofylover
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Please tell me about the potatoes.
Every detail, don't leave anything out!
popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Evan&Kimberly
07-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney Dinning Line and ask the CM to check if the maui scalloped potatoes are back, she asked me what date was my dinner ressie and I told her I had 2 one for Sept 5th & Sept 9th she checked and confirmed that they are on the menu! Thought you guys would want to know that! I will call later on tonight and ask again, I am just like that I always like to ask the same questuion to different people! Consistency always helps me feel better!:)

momto2inKC
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney Dinning Line and ask the CM to check if the maui scalloped potatoes are back, she asked me what date was my dinner ressie and I told her I had 2 one for Sept 5th & Sept 9th she checked and confirmed that they are on the menu! Thought you guys would want to know that! I will call later on tonight and ask again, I am just like that I always like to ask the same questuion to different people! Consistency always helps me feel better!:)

Oh I sooooo hope the CM was right!!:banana:

hollibo83
07-14-2008, 02:16 PM
aw man.. I really wanted to try them in May and all they had were the noodles (which were good by the way!) .. I hope they still have them in September 2009 when we go back.. *crosses fingers* :yay:

cymbaldiva
07-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Aw man ... I didn't even consider getting ADR's there because of the noodle thing - great to hear that the potatoes are back but our ressies for this trip are set!

scubamouse
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Excellent! I've made them at home a bunch of times and was hoping I'd be able to get the real thing in August

itchin2go
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I was wondering the same thing. YAY! I was going to cancel my reservation, but I'm feeling better about it now!

got2luvtink
07-14-2008, 06:14 PM
So glad they're back! Haven't tried them yet, but I can't wait to. Now... if we can just get the maple BBQ filet back at Le Cellier, we'd really be in business!

mom2taylorandemily
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh YAY!!! My DD loves these!!! She will be so excited to have them again.

disney-super-mom
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
If this is true, then I'm thrilled!:cool1:

I was so sad to see that they were replaced by noodles earlier this year, but we were willing to at least try the noodles, so we made an ADR there for December 10th. But maybe.....hopefully.....our beloved potatoes are BACK!!!!:yay:

kimberh
07-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm so happy! I am glad to know Disney listens on some things.:goodvibes

jenjersnap
07-15-2008, 12:16 AM
I am so bummed I didn't make an adr for dinner there now.

Lynn5700
07-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Ohhhh sweet!!! I never had the famous potatoes..we were there in May and had the noodles.I liked them..can't wait to try the Potatoes though!

madcoco
07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
They were still serving the noodles on the 4th. Thumbs up to the return of the taters. :thumbsup2
http://i37.tinypic.com/29ehws9.jpg

Pooh Bear Hugs
07-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Will be booking a meal there now hated the idea of the noodles.

*KeepMovingForward*
07-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Glad the potatoes are back! The noodles were not too enticing for me. :thumbsup2

Holly81
07-15-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm so happy to hear this! We ate at Ohana last December and LOVED the potatoes. I wasn't going to make a ressie there for our upcoming trip (figured we'd try new things this time), but my DH talked me into it. So glad he did!

B2B-2008
07-15-2008, 07:07 AM
We eat there next Friday for the first time :banana:. I hope they are there then.

MickeyNicki
07-15-2008, 08:05 AM
We went the end of March and loved the noodles, I made the potatoes for Xmas (found the recipe on this site) and they were very good but way too rich to eat with all the other yummy stuff at Ohana.

I will miss the noodles

phabric
07-15-2008, 08:29 AM
We eat there next Friday for the first time :banana:. I hope they are there then.

Please come back and tell us if the potatoes are back.

catne
07-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Has anyone eaten there very recently...we found in May 2008 that the menues posted on Allears (and other sites) were not correct for many restaurants. Even menues that listed very recent "updated..." dates. Better to take the posted menues as a suggestion of the types of food that may be available...

NMW
07-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Those potatoes were one of the best foods-ever. I couldn't believe that 'Ohana was going to sub them for noodles or rice or something until I read the changes. I hope many people complained and asked for the potatoes back. Yeah potatoes!

galnar
07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
BRB changing ADR's....

JnX1
07-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Our stay at WDW begins on saturday and I have ADR for Ohana for sunday dinner. I really hope the potatoes are there then and will definitely let everyone know. Ive never eaten here and the potatoes were on the menu when I first made my ADR but then they swithched to noodles. I'm glad theyre back on and also glad I didnt change my ADR.

LilyWDW
07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I wouldn't go around and start changing plans and ADRs just because the menu says it is updated and shows the potatoes. Wait until someone comes back from a recent trip and lets us know (as a pp said, as of the 4th it was still noodles).

disneygal2007
07-15-2008, 09:34 AM
:cool1: :worship: They are my Favvvvvv

Mermaid_Ariel
07-15-2008, 09:41 AM
OMG PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY CONFIRM THIS!!!

..yes, this post is worthy of caps! XDDD :rotfl: :rotfl:

ChrisnKim913
07-15-2008, 10:23 AM
I can't wait. I have an ADR for Monday night the 21st so i'lllet you guys know when i come back if its not yet confirmed by anyone else

disneyfav4ever
07-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Though I haven't tried the noodles... and would have liked too... I LOVE THE POTATOES!ITA.

disneyfav4ever
07-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't go around and start changing plans and ADRs just because the menu says it is updated and shows the potatoes. Wait until someone comes back from a recent trip and lets us know (as a pp said, as of the 4th it was still noodles).I would wait to. I'll be eating at Ohana either way, but I wouldn't change anything based on a rumor. I love Deb's site, but her menus are not always correct. Her Akershus menu was also updated, but had nothing about the picture package being included or the price raise.

Evan&Kimberly
07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
I just got off the phone with Disney Dinning Line and ask the CM to check if the maui scalloped potatoes are back, she asked me what date was my dinner ressie and I told her I had 2 one for Sept 5th & Sept 9th she checked and confirmed that they are on the menu! Thought you guys would want to know that! I will call later on tonight and ask again, I am just like that I always like to ask the same questuion to different people! Consistency always helps me feel better!:) Maybe if we can get a couple of more people to find out by calling they can report back to the board the number is
1-407-939-3463:hippie:

Mermaid_Ariel
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
I have my wedding reception booked there and having the potatoes back would just make our wedding dinner SO much more magical!! :wizard:

Mermaid_Ariel
07-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Can somebody call 'Ohana directly?? I think that would be the best source of the information!! I would but I'm at work!! I need to know! AHHHH! I'm gonna scream!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

frannn
07-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I love udon noodles (mostly in soup), and was looking forward to trying them in Sept. Not going to switch my ADR because of this, cause they still have the wings! Could someone refresh my memory about the potatoes? Were they like home fries?

Mermaid_Ariel
07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I love udon noodles (mostly in soup), and was looking forward to trying them in Sept. Not going to switch my ADR because of this, cause they still have the wings! Could someone refresh my memory about the potatoes? Were they like home fries?

They were cheesy scalloped potato love!!! :love:

glitzybabes
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I see that Breakfast was updated too. Does anyone know what is different? I do see that it says Orange juice. i know when we went last sept., It was not OJ, It was same kind of juice blend
Thanks!

biscuitgirl
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Man, those must be some potatoes! I hope they are there because I can't wait to try them in September!

DonnaDuck
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I am so happy to hear this. We last ate there in December, had the potatoes. I heard they changed to noodles since then and I was so sad.
Happy to hear the are BACK!!!!!!! Just hope they will be on the menu in January!

TinkerBelle_325
07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Just added a dinner at Ohana for our Aug trip after hearing this news! Got 9:45pm on a Saturday, but we'll see Wishes because its at 10, so that's awesome!

momandseandodisney
07-15-2008, 02:30 PM

So when we go the 12th of Sept they will be there?

WHOO HOO!

Joan S.
07-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi, I don't have an ADR for Ohana this trip but do have one for Kona,so I will check out if the potatoes are BACK?? They were my DS FAVORITE!! :thumbsup2 We leave Friday for WDW and will be at Kona on Sunday! :dance3: Joan

Eventer98
07-15-2008, 02:40 PM
DH will be excited by this....I fear I am going to miss those chips that they replaced with bread though. :confused3

MelanieC
07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Woo hoo- First they brought back the big grilled shrimps and now the potatoes - I hope they keep it this way till next summer when I go back.

kimberh
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Woo hoo- First they brought back the big grilled shrimps and now the potatoes - I hope they keep it this way till next summer when I go back.

Music to my ears! Now we just need the Pineapple with Caramel sauce! ;)

frannn
07-15-2008, 03:21 PM
So when we go the 12th of Sept they will be there?

WHOO HOO!

It's our first night dinner at 5:45 :banana: :cool1:

disneyfav4ever
07-15-2008, 03:48 PM
DH will be excited by this....I fear I am going to miss those chips that they replaced with bread though. :confused3I won't miss the chips at all, they were never very crisp.

disney-super-mom
07-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Music to my ears! Now we just need the Pineapple with Caramel sauce! ;)

Well now I LOVE the bread pudding, but I heard that you can request the Pineapple with carmel sauce if you don't want the bread pudding. At least that's what I read in a June 30th review posted on Allearsnet by a MookieL1.

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=187&cat=48

livie1205
07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I have resis for dec and I am glad they took those noodles off the menu! yuck! I went a few months ago and tried them for the first time and they were cold and bland....eewww I am not a big fan of the potatos either but it is better than the noodles....

rubbergypsy
07-15-2008, 06:45 PM
we ate at ohana july 4 and they had the noodles, first time for me and i liked them way better than those potatoes. too salty for me. noodles were really good.

bdcp
07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I was hoping to try the noodles, although the potatoes were really good when I had them in '05. I also love the bread pudding and don't want the pineapple at all. We have an ADR for dinner in Nov.

momof3poohlovers
07-15-2008, 07:53 PM
We ate at 'Ohana last week and they still had the noodles.:confused3 I like the potatoes so much better than the noodles and if they are coming back, I will be very happy!:goodvibes

nena
07-15-2008, 08:05 PM
On the dining reviews, all I kept hearing about were the potatoes. We were there June 19th and there were no potatoes. I even asked for them, but no. They did have the noodles. I tried them, but they had TOOOOOOOO much pepper for me. I am sure I would have LOVED the potatoes!:goodvibes

catne
07-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I keep saying this...take the menues with a grain of salt(pun intended)

We found many of the menues out of date (or just plain wrong), whatever you want to call it. Just because a menu says Potatoes doesn't mean it's there...you can hope, but that's all. Cuz we found even the menues that claimed to be updated within a month or two of our trip were wrong. For example, the Cali Grill menu on AllEars net says it was updated 4/08...we went in 5/08 and I can tell you several items on the posteed menu were not on the menues we saw. A couple of the fish dishes on the main entrees list were completely different, as were 2 of the desserts. You'd think a 4/08 menu would be current just a month later, but there you go...

I will be curious to see which is served in September...we're eating 'Ohana for the first time, so have not experience with either the potatoes or the noodles. I do know I've been watching all the recent reviews for the restaurants on our ADR list...every recent review of 'Ohana I've seen has referred to noodles, not potatoes. (reviews from May, June & early July-right on the AllEars page with the menu...click on the "reviews" line near the top. There's even a review from July 7 which talks about the noodles.)

JodyLynC
07-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Am I the only person on the planet that hates the potatoes? When we had them a couple of years ago, they were a disgusting mess of greasy, cold, slimy mush. :sick:

We had the noodles in May and thought they were fantastic. They were flavorful, bright, and tasty. My girls couldn't get enough of them and they fit so much better for the theme.

*KeepMovingForward*
07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Am I the only person on the planet that hates the potatoes? When we had them a couple of years ago, they were a disgusting mess of greasy, cold, slimy mush. :sick:

I'm sure your not alone. I think if I was served cold, slimy, mushy potatoes I would have no affinity towards them either. We've been lucky and had hot, cheezy goodness each time.

disneyfav4ever
07-15-2008, 09:01 PM
I keep saying this...take the menues with a grain of salt(pun intended)

We found many of the menues out of date (or just plain wrong), whatever you want to call it. Just because a menu says Potatoes doesn't mean it's there...you can hope, but that's all. Cuz we found even the menues that claimed to be updated within a month or two of our trip were wrong. For example, the Cali Grill menu on AllEars net says it was updated 4/08...we went in 5/08 and I can tell you several items on the posteed menu were not on the menues we saw. A couple of the fish dishes on the main entrees list were completely different, as were 2 of the desserts. You'd think a 4/08 menu would be current just a month later, but there you go...

I will be curious to see which is served in September...we're eating 'Ohana for the first time, so have not experience with either the potatoes or the noodles. I do know I've been watching all the recent reviews for the restaurants on our ADR list...every recent review of 'Ohana I've seen has referred to noodles, not potatoes. (reviews from May, June & early July-right on the AllEars page with the menu...click on the "reviews" line near the top. There's even a review from July 7 which talks about the noodles.)CA Grill changes their menu frquently, (maybe even daily,) whereas Ohana changes theirs once every few years. Still I agree with you, I won't really believe that the potatoes are back until I read some reviews saying they are.

caralyn817
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM

We had the noodles in May and thought they were fantastic. They were flavorful, bright, and tasty. My girls couldn't get enough of them and they fit so much better for the theme.

I feel the same way as you do about the potatoes. I absolutely loved the noodles. I feel that they went better with the meal than the potatoes do. The potatoes just seemed out of place. They would go better with a meal with southern flare than Polynesian.

catne
07-15-2008, 09:51 PM
CA Grill changes their menu frquently, (maybe even daily,) whereas Ohana changes theirs once every few years. Still I agree with you, I won't really believe that the potatoes are back until I read some reviews saying they are.

I've heard that... but Cali grill was just an easy example...we also found the same kind of differences on several of the Allears menues...the CRT menu was incorrect, the Garden Grille menu was incorrect. I just now looked at the CRT menu again. It looks correct now (for what was offered in May, anyway! Guess I don't really know if that's what they're serving in July!:rotfl:)

And we found differences on more than one site - it's not just an Allears issue. I suspect some people may report things to these sites from "memory" and they may not quite be remembering exactly where they had what.

Personally, we enjoyed the food that was at the restaurants, so the discrepancies didn't make much difference to us. Just don't want people to get their hopes up over a menu that may or may not be correct.

Dancemom
07-15-2008, 11:20 PM
We leave for Disney on Sat. and have a 7:00 ADR for O'hana on Sunday night.:cool1: I'll let you know if we have the potatoes.!!

Cheryl

CinderellyCinderelly
07-16-2008, 02:17 AM
I go Aug 7 and they better still have the noodles!! As a vegetarian I felt that it gave me more options for my "main course" type thing at Ohana since I don't eat meat. :(

disneyfav4ever
07-16-2008, 09:03 AM
And we found differences on more than one site - it's not just an Allears issue. I suspect some people may report things to these sites from "memory" and they may not quite be remembering exactly where they had what.

Personally, we enjoyed the food that was at the restaurants, so the discrepancies didn't make much difference to us. Just don't want people to get their hopes up over a menu that may or may not be correct.I think they update their menus base on when people bring back updated ones from vacation, so some of them haven't been updated for a very long time indeed!

I know when I ate at Flying Fish the menu was dated with that day's date, so my guess is their menu printed new every day, so even if All Ears had Flying Fish's menu updated yesterday, it would already be out of date.

I don't concern myself with the menus too much either, I read through them, and read reviews, and decide where I like to eat, and I even go as far as deciding what I'd like to order, but if I go and it's off the menu, it doesn't bother me. Sometimes the new menu is even more appealing to me.

I shouldn't say none of the changes bother me though, some do, and it's always with the CS changes it seems. I was bummed when I heard Tusker House was changing, since that was one of my favorite CS on property. And when Fountainview went from a nice bakery-type place to a boring old ice cream place I was shocked. I was also upset when CHH stopped serving the New England clam chowder in a bread bowl, and am majorly bummed over the change to Figaro fries, they just aren't the same anymore.

But either way I'd be okay with either potatoes or noodles, and neither one of them would make me cancel my ADR. The noodles I haven't had before, but would like to try, and the potatoes I love, so I obviously don't have a problem eating them. :goodvibes

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 09:04 AM
I go Aug 7 and they better still have the noodles!! As a vegetarian I felt that it gave me more options for my "main course" type thing at Ohana since I don't eat meat. :(

Aren't potatoes still vegetarian? :confused:

*KeepMovingForward*
07-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Aren't potatoes still vegetarian? :confused:

It depends-if your a vegetarian that doesn't do dairy also...then no, they aren't.

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
It depends-if your a vegetarian that doesn't do dairy also...then no, they aren't.

I thought those people were Vegans? :confused:

disneyfav4ever
07-16-2008, 09:40 AM
I thought those people were Vegans? :confused:That's what I thought as well.

JnX1
07-16-2008, 09:42 AM
We leave for Disney on Sat. and have a 7:00 ADR for O'hana on Sunday night.:cool1: I'll let you know if we have the potatoes.!!

Cheryl

Thats cool, we leave saturday as well and have a 7:30 for sunday night. Just may bump into a fellow dis'er. Hope the potatoes are there by then, really looking forward trying them, if not I'm sure the noodles are great anyway.

*KeepMovingForward*
07-16-2008, 09:49 AM
I thought those people were Vegans? :confused:

Your right, but I do have a friend who states she is a vegetarian, when in fact she is a vegan.

EllieMaie
07-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Is there anybody that has actually had the potatoes yet?

Mermaid_Ariel
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Is there anybody that has actually had the potatoes yet?

I'm hoping someone can confirm this soon. :thumbsup2

disneyfav4ever
07-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Your right, but I do have a friend who states she is a vegetarian, when in fact she is a vegan.That's like my friend who says she's a vegetarian even though she eats poultry and fish, it's just red meat she won't eat.

*KeepMovingForward*
07-16-2008, 10:26 AM
That's like my friend who says she's a vegetarian even though she eats poultry and fish, it's just red meat she won't eat.

I think they are just confused souls! :rotfl:

mom2my3kids
07-16-2008, 02:06 PM
YEAH!!!! We have a reservation for October, can't wait it was our favorite meal last year..;)

Diznejen1
07-16-2008, 02:19 PM
DH and I ate there July 5th and there were no potaotes...just noodles.:thumbsup2

kjs1976
07-16-2008, 04:08 PM
So glad I saw this thread because I had NO IDEA that they had replaced the potatos! I have the recipe and even make monthly batches at home...of course, never exactly the same, but close enough to bring us back to the Poly for a bite or two!!! Hope they are back in a month because we are eating there then! They had changed the recipe last Aug. when we were there and it was more of a cheesy potato...good, but not the same.

pixiedust519
07-16-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm eating there tomorrow night (Thursday) at 9:20pm so I will report back when I get home tomorrow! Hoping for potatoes! *fingers crossed*

Evan&Kimberly
07-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I do think you will be able to set the record straight!!!!:)

pixiedust519
07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
So here's the verdict...

NOODLES!!!

I know some people will be disappointed and others will be happy. But we ate there tonight and were served salad, bread, broccoli, chicken wings, pork dumplings, and noodles (along with the meats and dessert). No potatoes in sight. I hadn't been there in years and was hoping for potatoes. I tried the noodles and they were just okay. I didn't really like the sauce that they were covered with.

On the plus side, all the other food was amazing (as always) and when I checked in to the podium, I requested a window seat since it was my boyfriend's birthday. We waited about 10 minutes until we were called and had a PERFECT table right by the window, looking straight out at the castle. It couldn't have been any better. We had just finished our meal and were waiting on dessert when the fireworks started and the music was piped in. Truly made for a perfect ending to a great meal.

But again, sorry to disappoint those who were hoping for potatoes. :sad2:

TinkerBelle_325
07-17-2008, 10:53 PM
That's too bad that you had the noodles instead of potatoes. I just want to point out that Disney Dining said the potatoes were on the menu for Sept ADRs. Perhaps its an upcoming change. Just like we found out about the noodle change several weeks before the noodles were actually served. The reason was that they were using up the stock of potatoes on hand before trying the new dish. Its possible the opposite will now be true, they are using up the noodles until they re-introduce potatoes in Aug or Sept etc..

mom2taylorandemily
07-17-2008, 10:55 PM
So here's the verdict...

NOODLES!!!

I know some people will be disappointed and others will be happy. But we ate there tonight and were served salad, bread, broccoli, chicken wings, pork dumplings, and noodles (along with the meats and dessert). No potatoes in sight. I hadn't been there in years and was hoping for potatoes. I tried the noodles and they were just okay. I didn't really like the sauce that they were covered with.

On the plus side, all the other food was amazing (as always) and when I checked in to the podium, I requested a window seat since it was my boyfriend's birthday. We waited about 10 minutes until we were called and had a PERFECT table right by the window, looking straight out at the castle. It couldn't have been any better. We had just finished our meal and were waiting on dessert when the fireworks started and the music was piped in. Truly made for a perfect ending to a great meal.

But again, sorry to disappoint those who were hoping for potatoes. :sad2:

Well, just darn!!!!! My DD loves those potatoes and she will be disappointed.

*KeepMovingForward*
07-18-2008, 07:14 AM
That's too bad that you had the noodles instead of potatoes. I just want to point out that Disney Dining said the potatoes were on the menu for Sept ADRs. Perhaps its an upcoming change. Just like we found out about the noodle change several weeks before the noodles were actually served. The reason was that they were using up the stock of potatoes on hand before trying the new dish. Its possible the opposite will now be true, they are using up the noodles until they re-introduce potatoes in Aug or Sept etc..

That was my thought too. Everyone who was told they would see potatoes there had dining ressies further out and not in the next few weeks. I'll still hold on to hope. :goodvibes

Mermaid_Ariel
07-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Thank you for coming back to tell us your experience!