PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's or Cape May Cafe for breakfast?

Princess Amy
07-14-2008, 08:43 AM
We currently have an ADR booked for Chef Mickey's for breakfast on 9/8. Although we have never had breakfast here, we have ate dinner here numerous times.

We have never ate at Cape May for either breakfast or dinner. So it would be a new restaurant for us to try. We are only interested in breakfast at this point.

Which one has the better selection, food, and/or characters for breakfast?

TIA!

KatMark
07-14-2008, 08:52 AM
We currently have an ADR booked for Chef Mickey's for breakfast on 9/8. Although we have never had breakfast here, we have ate dinner here numerous times.

We have never ate at Cape May for either breakfast or dinner. So it would be a new restaurant for us to try. We are only interested in breakfast at this point.

TIA!

We are trying Cape May for breakfast this year for the first time. Like you, we've been to Chef Mickey's numerous times for both breakfast and dinner. Our understanding is that the food is a little better than Chef Mickey's and the character interaction a little more laid back with the characters in beach attire and they spend a little more time with you.

avamadison
07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
My family really enjoys CMC. We have 2 year old twin daughters who enjoyed seeing Minnie. Also, the food selection was amazing. There was almost everything you could imagine. Even picky toddlers will find something to eat. Have fun!

ROEDISNEY
07-14-2008, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=Princess Amy;26222739]We currently have an ADR booked for Chef Mickey's for breakfast on 9/8. Although we have never had breakfast here, we have ate dinner here numerous times.

TIA![/QUOTE

My Vote goes to Chef Mickeys! :cool1:
I have eaten breakfast at both. I would say the food is the same. But a totally different atmosphere. Chef Mic's Rules :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 In my opinion.

PrincessDisney96
07-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I have ate at Chef Mickey's numerous times, and we are trying Cape May Cafe this trip (we leave in 3 days!). So what I have heard is that Cape May is more laid back and not as hectic as Chef Mickey's, and the character interaction and food is great! I have never heard anything bad about Cape May, and Chef Mickey's is great too but more hectic. But personally, I would go with Cape May because you have never been there and it would be worth trying.

MickeyNicki
07-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Cape May is awesome!

Princess Amy
07-14-2008, 10:09 AM
I am probably going to switch to Cape May. My DS loves Chip and Dale and from what I hear they are not at Chef Mickey's. Also, this day is our Epcot day and it would kinda make sense to be at the Beach Club which we can then just walk to Epcot. Decisions, decisions :rotfl:

ChelleinNC
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Love Cape May Cafe!!! IMHO food is much better than CM's, the character interaction is fantastic and it is a much calmer (and quieter) atmoshpere, so kids even eat :goodvibes

EnchantedDreams
07-14-2008, 10:27 AM
We recently returned from WDW. We ate breakfast at the Cape May Cafe and I highly recommend it!! I love to go to Chef Mickey's, too, but I think that Chef Mickey's is a bit more chaotic and loud. You have the bonus of visiting the grounds of The Yacht and Beach club which are gorgeous! The breakfast food was delicious and the service was wonderful. Try it and you won't be at all disappointed. Hint: pick a morning when you plan to visit Epcot or Hollywood Studios and you can take the boat. You just need to give ample time to get to the Beach Club. You'll need to take Disney transporation to a theme park and then take the bus to the Beach Club from there. Or drive you car, and they allow you to park during your meal, too.

Jenna319
07-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I have been to both and they are both wonderful.... The Beach/Yacht club atmosphere is gorgeous but there is something about Chef Mickey that has my heart!! But if you are planning an Epcot day, I would go with CMC.

Tink901
07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Cape May has more food choices and a more laid back atmosphere and you don't feel rushed there and it's not as loud inside.

Our last trip to Chef Mickey's the food was ok- Mickey walked right by our table on my 5 yr old nephews birthday and we asked a character handler to see him that he just walked by and he said sorry nothing I can do.

Cape May they had all the characters see him and take pictures and sign his autograph book. The handler there even stopped by to make sure he saw all of the characters.

Have a great time where ever you decide.