PDA

View Full Version : Whooohooo, time to start planning

dpuck1998
07-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Okay, finally talked my DW into another trip. Sounds great hu, the only downside is she agreed to go for christmas 2009. The best part is however is she agreed to go for 14 nights!! This will be our longest trip ever. The early plan is to go down before christmas until new years. So I have a year and a half to plan.

Where should we stay for that long? Should we hop hotels or stay in one spot? The idea for the long trip is so we can do that parks early then do the "other" Orlando for several days. We want to do the Wine Bar after seeing it on Great Weekends on Travel Channel. Several other things we want to do outside the parks. Its never to early to brainstorm. All help and input is wanted!!

Rob&Jan
07-14-2008, 07:35 AM
That's great but I'd keep it a secret from your son or you'll be taking the entire school with you.:yay:

simonkodousek
07-14-2008, 08:19 AM
With a stay that long, I would definitely split it between two resorts. You also may want to consider renting DVC points to stay in a 1 bedroom or larger villa with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. :)

dpuck1998
07-14-2008, 08:23 AM
With a stay that long, I would definitely split it between two resorts. You also may want to consider renting DVC points to stay in a 1 bedroom or larger villa with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. :)

We are actually DVC members, but we would need to rent to get enough points to pull off a lonnnngg stay like that. So far we are considering Ft. Wilderness, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas and :scared1: Port Orleans Riverside.

We have even considered off site possible for part of the stay. Maybe a nice stay in Celebration or Winter Park maybe? Anyone ever stay there?

lovethecastle
07-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Wow. Sounds like a great trip in the making.
I'll tell you what we would do. 1 week in a magic kindom resort & 1 week in an epcot resort. Who knows maybe the CR dvc will be up & running by then.
We stayed in kissimee(spellings wrong I know) once in the 80's. I just is not the same though.
Although staying in Celebation could be fun(and since I want to move to florida we could look at realestate)
Have fun planning!

Livi'sMom
07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
On our trip down this month we spent 2 nights at the Gaylord Palms... it was lovely.... before our onsite stay. I would consider that for a week myself!

dpuck1998
07-14-2008, 09:07 AM
That's great but I'd keep it a secret from your son or you'll be taking the entire school with you.:yay:

:scared1:

WaltD4Me
07-14-2008, 09:08 AM
We are actually DVC members, but we would need to rent to get enough points to pull off a lonnnngg stay like that. So far we are considering Ft. Wilderness, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas and :scared1: Port Orleans Riverside.

We have even considered off site possible for part of the stay. Maybe a nice stay in Celebration or Winter Park maybe? Anyone ever stay there?

First.........14 days!?!? :yay: Wow, I am soooooooooooooooo jealous!
How very cool for you guys! :cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

Personally I'd probably stay on property the whole time, but I did stay off site in Feburary and I gotta say, it was really nice. We rented a time share from someone at Marriott Grand Vistas on I-drive and it was awesome and HUGE. Just $650 for 7 nights! My SIL just happened to find it on ebay, but I've checked VRBO.com and there are some awesome deals there. I've been wanting to check out Bonnet Creek and there were several listings for it on VRBO that might be a thought. You are going to have SO much fun planning this! Congrats!

crazydisneyman
07-14-2008, 09:12 AM
I have two words for you: annual pass.

Hey, you may as well plan two trips and use the annual pass. For 14 days, the AP is definately the better idea.

dpuck1998
07-14-2008, 09:38 AM
I have two words for you: annual pass.

Hey, you may as well plan two trips and use the annual pass. For 14 days, the AP is definately the better idea.

APs are a must! I'll have to check what the price is for DVC members at the moment. I can buy them well in advance and maybe save the next years increase.

I should check into staying in a house possibly. That hasn't crossed my mind yet, maybe I can get Kevins place!!

tinkbutt
07-14-2008, 11:24 AM
if I was lucky enough to go to WDW for that long I would definitely want a kitchen of some sort! save on food buying!!! Maybe if your stayin off site you might wanna look into those 89$ Universal tickets!! ;)

dpuck1998
07-14-2008, 11:55 AM
if I was lucky enough to go to WDW for that long I would definitely want a kitchen of some sort! save on food buying!!! Maybe if your stayin off site you might wanna look into those 89$ Universal tickets!! ;)

Funny you should say that, I actually already bought those :-)

I'm not sure i want to hit universal though. If I go to USF I MUST stay on site and have FOTL access.

Rob&Jan
07-14-2008, 12:03 PM
We have done trips of that length with DVC and at first we moved around but now we like to get settled, unpack and just relax for the entire time. We find nothing worse than repacking in the middle of the trip as it tends to wipe out an entire day. Also as was mentioned in another post AP's are a must, we also use the DDE to help with meal costs. We don't use the meal plan as we find it to be to much food.
Not sure what your home resort is but we like the Beach club for its proximity to the Boardwalk, Epcot and Hollywood Studios also it has a great pool.

Jubilee
07-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Fort Wilderness is my dream place so I have to vote for that. Especially during the holidays :lovestruc I would not stay off property!

2 days Epcot
2 days MK
1.5 days DHS
1.5 AK each this and DHS with the second part of the day for both days spent relaxing
1 poolside/resort day in the middle somewhere
1 day exploring other resorts
2 days downtown disney
3 days off property doing things like Old Town or Medieval Times....maybe Sea World if you *really* want to

DVCsince02
07-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I am so there with you. My parents are giving us a Disney Cruise for Christmas this year so we are adding 7 more days to that for a total of 12 days. :woohoo:
Come on June 09!

IWISHFORDISNEY
07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
How fun!!! Christmas was crazy busy but alot of fun too!!! You will have to keep us posted with all your plans. I would love to see the candle light procesional. We are always there a week before it starts. Happy planning!!!

dpuck1998
07-15-2008, 07:11 AM
We watched the new Travel Channel Great Weekends in Orlando and it kinda spured us to take a nice long trip. We really want to hit the wine bar, I'd love to see ICE, the foam in the street of celebration sounded very cool. I'm hoping to make the trip long enough that we can do several days of the "other" Orlando.

Mickeypooh99
07-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Hello from Michigan,

We always go for 10 to 14 days each trip. We like to stay in kissimmee. I would hate to move halfway into the trip. It seems like to much work. We are going November 21, 2009 for 14 days. We just booked a condo in Windsor hills where we stayed last year. Its so close to Disney and yet we can do lots of other things in the area. There is so much to do that we always leave thinking we could have used more time. :rolleyes1

tn4mickey
07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a great trip! I agree the wine bar looked really cool :drinking1

MODisFan
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm soooooooo jealous!

I think checking out one of Kevin and John's villas is a great idea. Plus, if you buy an annual pass, you can return to WDW within 365 days and use the DVC points you saved. :thumbsup2 As you know the points don't go as far at the holiday.

Someone in a previous post mentioned the DDE - my DH and I used this for the first time in May and saved quite a bit of money.

calypso*a*go-go
07-15-2008, 10:36 PM
We went for 12 days last August and I was sure we'd run out of things to do...nope, still felt like we didn't get to see and experience everything we wanted to. Going for 10 days this year -- I have a feeling we'll be wishing it was a much longer trip.

DebbieT11
07-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I've never been to Disney for more than 8 days... and that seemed like such a *long* time to me.... what it did was make the trip so much more relaxed - we actually had a park-less day - wow!

6 days seems to be just about right for us - not too short and not too long!

dpuck1998
07-16-2008, 06:59 AM
I've never been to Disney for more than 8 days... and that seemed like such a *long* time to me.... what it did was make the trip so much more relaxed - we actually had a park-less day - wow!

6 days seems to be just about right for us - not too short and not too long!

Exactly what I'm hoping to do also. I'd like to visit the parks early in the trip and be able to relax after the masses arrive around christmas.

dpuck1998
07-17-2008, 11:20 AM
HUGE UPDATE...Booked a dream villa today for 2 weeks!! I'm excited!

I'll need some convincing that I did the right thing, we haven't been offsite in many years. We used to book the Royal Palms when the kids were very small. I'm hoping on a trip this long we will enjoy having a place to get away from it all and go enjoy the "other" things orlando has to offer.

So I'm collecting a list of those "other" things to do while we are there. The goal is to spend some long days at each park at try to hit only 1 day per park, maybe two at EPCOT or MK. So thats only 6 days max. What to do the other times.

I really enjoyed the fishing review and video, I think I'll book that for sure. If any of the podcast crew is reading, should I consider the excursion leaving from wilderness for sure? Sounds like the Yacht Club one might not be as fun or as "secluded" ? Maybe we'll book the one in EPCOT...that would be a hoot.

I enjoy dinner shows, so we will likely do a couple of those. We've done Medievil Times and might do it again. Maybe Sleuths or Pirate. Spend some time on I drive for sure. Try to find an orange grove, goto Flights of Wonder...

I hope to keep this thread alive till Dec 2009....so keep feeding me :banana:

dpuck1998
07-17-2008, 11:21 AM
{thinks outloud} Should I take a friend again? hmmm...nows the time to ask the kids, so they don't wait till the last minute to invite someone :scared1:

scotlass
07-17-2008, 07:10 PM
HUGE UPDATE...Booked a dream villa today for 2 weeks!! I'm excited!

I'll need some convincing that I did the right thing, we haven't been offsite in many years. We used to book the Royal Palms when the kids were very small. I'm hoping on a trip this long we will enjoy having a place to get away from it all and go enjoy the "other" things orlando has to offer.

So I'm collecting a list of those "other" things to do while we are there. The goal is to spend some long days at each park at try to hit only 1 day per park, maybe two at EPCOT or MK. So thats only 6 days max. What to do the other times.

I really enjoyed the fishing review and video, I think I'll book that for sure. If any of the podcast crew is reading, should I consider the excursion leaving from wilderness for sure? Sounds like the Yacht Club one might not be as fun or as "secluded" ? Maybe we'll book the one in EPCOT...that would be a hoot.

I enjoy dinner shows, so we will likely do a couple of those. We've done Medievil Times and might do it again. Maybe Sleuths or Pirate. Spend some time on I drive for sure. Try to find an orange grove, goto Flights of Wonder...

I hope to keep this thread alive till Dec 2009....so keep feeding me :banana:

Because we are coming such a log way (9 1/2 hour flight) we always stay for 2 weeks.

If your looking for other things to do why not Discovery Cove ?

We did it last year and it was amazing.

US and IOA are also great parks.

dpuck1998
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Because we are coming such a log way (9 1/2 hour flight) we always stay for 2 weeks.

If your looking for other things to do why not Discovery Cove ?

We did it last year and it was amazing.

US and IOA are also great parks.

I've actually been there once. We are doing the sea lion swim and Theatre of the Seas this year, so I'm not sure we want to do Discovery Cove in 09. It is on my radar though just in case the kids have such a fantastic time at Theatre that we have to do it again. Good idea!

dpuck1998
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
only 513 days to go....

lorax123
07-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Sounds like a great trip! I agree the wine bar looked really cool :drinking1

what and where is the wine bar? That sounds like a day of fun. For me anyway :)

dpuck1998
07-22-2008, 04:53 PM
what and where is the wine bar? That sounds like a day of fun. For me anyway :)

Its in Winter Park, its called "The Wine Room"

they showcased it on the Orlando Great Weekends with Samantha Brown.

lorax123
07-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Its in Winter Park, its called "The Wine Room"

they showcased it on the Orlando Great Weekends with Samantha Brown.

oh pooh it's not on site then. Sounds like it would be fun too.

dpuck1998
07-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Just checked out the webpage for the Wine Room yesterday and its now on my HIGH PRIORITY list. We will be going there next time we are in Orlando. Also, I think I have AP'addon'itist (just made that up), but we are in talks to take a summer trip with friends on Aug 09 since we are buying APs for the December trip.

dpuck1998
07-27-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm considering the fishing excursion for sure!

Now I'm considering a fireworks cruise, Illuminations or Wishes?? Which is more fun for 2 adults 3 kids (10, 8, 4)

I really want to do something with Gifts of a Lifetime also, this one I hope to keep on the downlow from everyone until we do it. I'll be on the hunt for great ideas to do for xmas with them for my family....

dpuck1998
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Just read about an archery thing at ft. wilderness. Anyone seen or done this yet? Has it even started?

calypso*a*go-go
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Just read about an archery thing at ft. wilderness. Anyone seen or done this yet? Has it even started?

Starts on 7/31/08.

The program will be offered 2:45 to 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Check-in at the Bike Barn. Cost is $25 plus tax per person ages 6 and up. For reservations call 407-WDW-PLAY.

dpuck1998
08-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Starts on 7/31/08.

The program will be offered 2:45 to 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Check-in at the Bike Barn. Cost is $25 plus tax per person ages 6 and up. For reservations call 407-WDW-PLAY.

Wonder if my boys would enjoy that. Its a compound bow so it might not be very interesting or designed for kids.

dpuck1998
08-04-2008, 04:32 PM
After this weeks podcast I'll have to put the gaylord palms on my list of places to see...and eat...

dpuck1998
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
:idea:

exwdwcm
08-12-2008, 09:09 AM
yeah! we are going Dec 09 too- but the 11th-20th, leaving before christmas crowds. 14 days sounds awesome- here are some of my favorite non-disney things i have done when i lived there or when i visit my old roomies....

The Dessert Lady-http://dessertlady.com/
this cool little hole in a wall dessert place- it is awesome and worth a trip one evening to try out some great desserts. It is in orlando.

Seasons 52 is a great restaurant near Universal on Sand Lake road- just turn left into the first large shopping center that is on the lake. there is a great little cuban place there too. Seasons 52 offers seasonally inspired healthy dining. it was really good- had a great atmosphere too.

there is also a great little sandwich place further down sand lake road called Press 101- great paninis and soups.

okay, so it is all food -related.........:rotfl: :lmao: :wizard:

dpuck1998
08-12-2008, 11:42 AM
yeah! we are going Dec 09 too- but the 11th-20th, leaving before christmas crowds. 14 days sounds awesome- here are some of my favorite non-disney things i have done when i lived there or when i visit my old roomies....

The Dessert Lady-http://dessertlady.com/
this cool little hole in a wall dessert place- it is awesome and worth a trip one evening to try out some great desserts. It is in orlando.

Seasons 52 is a great restaurant near Universal on Sand Lake road- just turn left into the first large shopping center that is on the lake. there is a great little cuban place there too. Seasons 52 offers seasonally inspired healthy dining. it was really good- had a great atmosphere too.

there is also a great little sandwich place further down sand lake road called Press 101- great paninis and soups.

okay, so it is all food -related.........:rotfl: :lmao: :wizard:

My plans usually revolve around food anyway....

dpuck1998
09-03-2008, 07:19 PM
slight update for 09. Now that we own more DVC we are going to go and stay at AKV or BCV for 13 nights!!

aGoofyMom
09-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I love the longer stays. Don't forget about Seaworld - remember what Pete said about the tours. I have done the lunch backstage for the Shamu show (I don't remember the name right now) but that was great. I felt it was worth it - good buffet, we got to sit right by the water -with a whale swimming by every few minutes, and got to see the Backstage of a show that was in progress. Just before being lead to our reserved seating area they came around and made sure no one wanted any more complimentary beverages to take into the show with them (bottled water was not included though - go figure

AND I have only done the Wishes cruise but DD7 has done it twice & loves it - the last time we were with another family and all the girls (6,6 and 12 at the time) loved it.

dpuck1998
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
I love the longer stays. Don't forget about Seaworld - remember what Pete said about the tours. I have done the lunch backstage for the Shamu show (I don't remember the name right now) but that was great. I felt it was worth it - good buffet, we got to sit right by the water -with a whale swimming by every few minutes, and got to see the Backstage of a show that was in progress. Just before being lead to our reserved seating area they came around and made sure no one wanted any more complimentary beverages to take into the show with them (bottled water was not included though - go figure

AND I have only done the Wishes cruise but DD7 has done it twice & loves it - the last time we were with another family and all the girls (6,6 and 12 at the time) loved it.

Great ideas! We did do the tour at Seaworld this past xmas and it was indeed AWESOME!! We did the 7 hours adventure express tour, it was worth every penny. We got to pet the penquins and get to the front of the line on most of the rides. It was invaluable at Christmas time. I highly recommend it. It also included lunch with Shamu so we decided to cancel our plans for Dine with Shamu the next day.

dpuck1998
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM
:yay:

SamIAm21
10-02-2008, 08:42 AM

ITA!!! :smickey: I would think that staying in a one bedroom villa would be the best idea or possibly a cabin at Ft. Wilderness, especially during the holidays with all the campers there that put up their own holiday displays. It's supposed to be really cool.

That way, you'd have some privacy, a few more "comforts of home". Although a one bedroom villa might be best due to the washer/dryer.

Edited: Well seems you already have your Dream Villa and honestly, that sounds delightful!

exwdwcm
10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
yeah, you should take one night to go see all the holiday displays in FW. we saw some last time on our way to hoop dee doo and it was awesome! maybe even rent a golf cart and drive around FW to see them all one evening- that would be fun.

The Gaylord is very nice and fun for a short visit- it'd would be nice to run over and have lunch or dinner and see ICE. The old hickory steakhouse is pretty good and they have a nice little martini bar too. I've stayed there multiple times on business and it is beautiful.

you guys will have such a blast in 14 days! How old are your boys?

We try and take a 9-10 day trip every few years and we think that works well for us. If we could afford the time off for 2 weeks, we would! :wizard:

dpuck1998
10-02-2008, 09:10 AM
ITA!!! :smickey: I would think that staying in a one bedroom villa would be the best idea or possibly a cabin at Ft. Wilderness, especially during the holidays with all the campers there that put up their own holiday displays. It's supposed to be really cool.

That way, you'd have some privacy, a few more "comforts of home". Although a one bedroom villa might be best due to the washer/dryer.

Edited: Well seems you already have your Dream Villa and honestly, that sounds delightful!

We recently purchased more DVC points and are now considering switching to stay at AKV. We are going to see how we like it in May.....although I will be booking it in Jan just in case. We might consider doing a split if we can get into the BCV for half and half.

Launchpad11B
10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
we are in talks to take a summer trip with friends on Aug 09 since we are buying APs for the December trip.

Are you still planning a trip for Aug 09? We are staying at AKV for two weeks starting on Aug 11th. That is a popular time for vacation.......another Dis meet maybe? The first beer is on me if we run into each other. :thumbsup2

dpuck1998
10-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Are you still planning a trip for Aug 09? We are staying at AKV for two weeks starting on Aug 11th. That is a popular time for vacation.......another Dis meet maybe? The first beer is on me if we run into each other. :thumbsup2

That trip got moved when we decided to do that podcast cruise and xmas 2009.

And just because you meet me doesn't mean you have to pour beer on yourself...what a waste of good beer....

dpuck1998
10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Has anyone done the mystery dinner on I drive? or Capones?

dpuck1998
11-06-2008, 06:30 AM
see above

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Thought I'd dig this thread out of the basement. I said I'd keep it alive until xmas 2009!

Kind of fun reading old conversations to/with people I had yet to meet at that point.

Anyway, we are now booked for BCV for 7 nights, 2 nights with the inlaws and then 5 nights at AKV-Kidani. We really enjoyed Kidani, but didn't see the advantage to the Savannah View. Our kids were not that into it and we are not really balcony people. Thus we are in deck 1 again on the next cruise!

I'm still going over ideas for "other" things to do. With Dian-er's review of the Pirate show that might be something for us to do for sure.

cocowum
05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Okay, finally talked my DW into another trip. Sounds great hu, the only downside is she agreed to go for christmas 2009. The best part is however is she agreed to go for 14 nights!! This will be our longest trip ever. The early plan is to go down before christmas until new years. So I have a year and a half to plan.

Where should we stay for that long? Should we hop hotels or stay in one spot? The idea for the long trip is so we can do that parks early then do the "other" Orlando for several days. We want to do the Wine Bar after seeing it on Great Weekends on Travel Channel. Several other things we want to do outside the parks. Its never to early to brainstorm. All help and input is wanted!!

Awww Donnie, this is before I "knew" you. :hug: :laughing:

Madi100
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I missed this thread first time around (I think). Sounds like a really good time. I'm thinking of taking a solo trip for Disapalooza if I find that there are enough other solo people.

ADP
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I missed this thread first time around (I think). Sounds like a really good time. I'm thinking of taking a solo trip for Disapalooza if I find that there are enough other solo people.
I'm going solo for Dis-A-Palooza! :)
Not only that, but Puck and I are doing a hook-up during his X-Mas trip!

shellyminnie
05-26-2009, 01:47 PM

I'm going solo Nicole!!

georgemoe
05-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Not only that, but Puck and I doing a hook-up during his X-Mas trip!

Does Kim know about this? :scared1:

froggy5657
05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
{thinks outloud} Should I take a friend again? hmmm...nows the time to ask the kids, so they don't wait till the last minute to invite someone :scared1:

Ooooh Ooooh PICK ME (you might need a babysitter!)!!!!!!

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Ooooh Ooooh PICK ME (you might need a babysitter!)!!!!!!

You will have to start making friends with the 10yo! Chances are he will invite you at some point.

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM

:lovestruc

froggy5657
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
You will have to start making friends with the 10yo! Chances are he will invite you at some point.

I never even met the 10 year old

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I never even met the 10 year old

Sounds like you need a trip to SW Michigan

katscradle
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Don are you going in December of 2010?
In your post you say 09, just don't want you to get confused and book the wrong year. :confused3
We love going for 2 weeks at a time as well.
Then it actually feels like we have had a real vacation.
It's more relaxing. :banana:

DVCsince02
05-26-2009, 03:10 PM

I'm going solo Nicole!!

Hmmm, we may need that THV after all.......:)

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 03:19 PM
don are you going in december of 2010?
In your post you say 09, just don't want you to get confused and book the wrong year. :confused3
we love going for 2 weeks at a time as well.
Then it actually feels like we have had a real vacation.
It's more relaxing. :banana:

2009!

OKW Lover
05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Not only that, but Puck and I are doing a hook-up during his X-Mas trip!

Or, does Todd know about this? :rotfl:

Madi100
05-27-2009, 07:58 AM
:lovestruc

Do we have wife #6?????

dpuck1998
05-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Do we have wife #6?????

Not YET!

ADP
05-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Do we have wife #6?????

Not YET!
:rolleyes:

DVCsince02
05-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Yet??????

dpuck1998
05-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Yet??????

Shouldn't you be packing for your cruise?

DVCsince02
05-27-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm waiting for the boys to wake up, shhhhhh.

Madi100
05-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Not YET!

I was thinking that with the talk between you and Aaron that it would be him.
Of course, that would mean a visit to Iowa.

firsttimemom
05-27-2009, 10:41 AM
II'm thinking of taking a solo trip for Disapalooza if I find that there are enough other solo people.

I'm thinking the same thing. DH goes to Vegas every year and it's been awhile since I've had a solo trip.

dpuck1998
06-18-2009, 07:56 AM
I am so there with you. My parents are giving us a Disney Cruise for Christmas this year so we are adding 7 more days to that for a total of 12 days. :woohoo:
Come on June 09!

So you are getting off this cruise that you were waiting on a year ago. Time flies doesn't it. Hope you had a blast!

Not much longer and I"ll be making online ADRs for my big Xmas trip. BCV for 7 nights and 5 nights at AKV-Kidani

ADP
06-18-2009, 08:12 AM
So you are getting off this cruise that you were waiting on a year ago. Time flies doesn't it. Hope you had a blast!

Not much longer and I"ll be making online ADRs for my big Xmas trip. BCV for 7 nights and 5 nights at AKV-Kidani
If you are going down for DAP, are you just going to stay down there, or are you going home and then coming back later?

dpuck1998
06-18-2009, 08:15 AM
If you are going down for DAP, are you just going to stay down there, or are you going home and then coming back later?

I will be coming home. We are driving down for Xmas since we are there for 2 weeks. Plus I couldn't make my wife come down with 3 kids without me, or I might have one less wife.

crazydisneyman
06-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Puck, you have to go down for DAP. Aaron will be doing DATW. That's worth going by itself.

And you know I get even more crazy the longer that I walk around the world. :thumbsup2

shellyminnie
06-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Puck, you have to go down for DAP. Aaron will be doing DATW. That's worth going by itself.

And you know I get even more crazy the longer that I walk around the world. :thumbsup2

Even more crazy!! Oh good God, help us!! :scared1::goodvibes

dpuck1998
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM

Is that possible?

dpuck1998
08-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow, started this thread over a year ago, crazy ain't it.

Anyway, I'm still building a list of things to do while we are there for two weeks. Lots of things have changed, we started in a Condo for two weeks, now we are at BCV and Kidani with a waitlist for BLT.

Has anyone done a helicopter tour around LBV? They are a little pricey but look awesome.

dpuck1998
09-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Still keeping this thing alive as I close in on my 90 day mark. Amazing looking back at threads like this how much has changed, yet stayed the same.

Anyway, I have my dining plans in order I think, booking a handful of meals and activities. Can't wait to spend 2 full weeks down there.

Launchpad11B
09-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Still keeping this thing alive as I close in on my 90 day mark. Amazing looking back at threads like this how much has changed, yet stayed the same.

Anyway, I have my dining plans in order I think, booking a handful of meals and activities. Can't wait to spend 2 full weeks down there.

I didn't know you when this thread started. Now I can't imagine not knowing you. Weird. :)

dpuck1998
09-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I didn't know you when this thread started. Now I can't imagine not knowing you. Weird. :)

Its a privilege and a curse hu!

cocowum
09-07-2009, 07:24 PM

What meals are you booking? popcorn::

dpuck1998
09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Tutto Italia
Cape May
San Angel
Sci Fi
50's Primetime
Plaza
Garden Grill
Mama Melrose
Boma
Celebration Town Tavern
Trails End
1900 Park Faire
Le Cellier

etc...

scarlett873
09-07-2009, 08:38 PM

And you know I get even more crazy the longer that I walk around the world. :thumbsup2:scared1:

cocowum
09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Tutto Italia
Cape May
San Angel
Sci Fi
50's Primetime
Plaza
Garden Grill
Mama Melrose
Boma
Celebration Town Tavern
Trails End
1900 Park Faire
Le Cellier

etc...

Looks good. :thumbsup2 Tutto is our favorite. :love: I think Paul likes it more for the Italian girls, than the food. :rolleyes:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/DisneyMF2008668.jpg

dpuck1998
09-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Looks good. :thumbsup2 Tutto is our favorite. :love: I think Paul likes it more for the Italian girls, than the food. :rolleyes:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/DisneyMF2008668.jpg

Who can blame him?

Today is a big day for the trip, some friend are coming over to go over plans. I rented DVC points to them and booked them at the Beach Club. They had booked at the allstars and for less money they are now at the beach club for 5 nights.

So anyway, big planning day as we get our dates linked up for a few meals together so I can book dining later this week.

tlcoke
09-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Don, I like the longer trips, you can do things at your own pace, and not feel rushed about seeing everything at a commando pace. Last year was my first 10 day trip, though I had a 4 day conference in the middle of my trip, I liked that I could take things at a more relaxed pace. This year I go to my conference first for 4 days in Texas, then I am going to WDW for 10 days and can't wait. I am now 1 month away from the Texas portion of my trip.

dpuck1998
09-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Got all my dining with the exception of the fantasmic package. Stupid website wouldn't let me book it online so I called the following day (later in the day) and the day I wanted was gone. Ohh well, no biggie, we will just decide that day if we want to do fantasmic and go wait in line. Never waited in line for it so it might be nice to see it from a different location anyway.