PDA

View Full Version : For those that have left a message on the hotline . . .

TheTXTaylors5
07-10-2008, 06:57 PM
:scared: I just left a message and I think halfway through I ran out of air. Of course, that is when you start talking faster and faster to make it until your next breath. I was more nervous than I thought I'd be. Anyone else feel this way too? I hope they play it. DH listens to the Podcast too. :love: He's the one who got me hooked. I'm not telling him I called. I hope they play it. So, I can see the look on his face. :rolleyes1

- Jennifer

calypso*a*go-go
07-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Don't worry Jennifer -- there's been many a thread concerning the reign of terror the DIS Unplugged phone line has on all of us...:eek: . I'm sure you did just great and DH will love it if your voicemail is played. Good Luck! :thumbsup2

mandymommy4
07-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I asked this a while ago and no one answered, but do you know if you forget to hit the # key and just hand up does your voice mail get left?

lorax123
07-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I felt the same way. ugh. your voice sound so much better when you are composing them in your head.

I was really dreading listening today, in fear they might play my voice mail. I hope not. I was anxious everytime Pete said, here's a voice mail from... I was literally pulling my ear buds out. I hate hearing my voice.

TheTXTaylors5
07-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I asked this a while ago and no one answered, but do you know if you forget to hit the # key and just hand up does your voice mail get left?

Oh no!!!! I didn't press anything. I just hung up. Do I have to call back?????

- Jennifer

calypso*a*go-go
07-10-2008, 07:09 PM

You might want to PM Corey and ask your question to make sure you're getting accurate info. :goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I hate hearing my voice.

Oh I'm sure it's not that bad! I bet you've got a great voice. :thumbsup2

TheTXTaylors5
07-10-2008, 07:15 PM
:thumbsup2 I sent Corey a PM on the matter.

- Jennifer

TheTXTaylors5
07-10-2008, 07:16 PM
You might want to PM Corey and ask your question to make sure you're getting accurate info. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I've heard you on there. Great job! What did you do to leave a message????

- Jennifer

*NikkiBell*
07-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Haha. I will be calling sometime in the next few days. I feel like I am bothering the podcast crew because I've sent in 2 emails in the past month or so. I don't want to annoy.

DLBDS
07-10-2008, 07:21 PM
:scared: I just left a message and I think halfway through I ran out of air. Of course, that is when you start talking faster and faster to make it until your next breath. I was more nervous than I thought I'd be. Anyone else feel this way too? I hope they play it. DH listens to the Podcast too. :love: He's the one who got me hooked. I'm not telling him I called. I hope they play it. So, I can see the look on his face. :rolleyes1

- Jennifer

And I thought I was the only one. The more I talked, the calmer I felt but in the beginning I was a train wreck....and BLUSHING. My face was as red as a Red Delicious. Who blushes when they're alone talking on the phone? I had to really focus on calming down and speak at the same time. It must not have worked. They read my email instead. :confused3

calypso*a*go-go
07-10-2008, 07:21 PM
:thumbsup2 I've heard you on there. Great job! What did you do to leave a message????

- Jennifer

Well...first I broke out in a cold sweat, then I had to run and use the bathroom, then I had to shut the door to make sure no one in my family could hear me and try to make me mess up...then finally I just had to suck it up and make the call. ;)

Seriously, I write down what I want to say ahead of time. Then I call and leave the message...at the end you can press the # button and it gives you the option of hearing what you just recorded. I am just nutty enough that I usually re-record my voicemail about three times because I always screw it up somehow (and just imagine someone on the other end laughing their bum off!), then once you're happy with it (or should I say...can live with it), you just press the # again to send the message.

lorax123
07-10-2008, 07:23 PM

Thanks! But if it gets played, i'm still not going to listen. I'll have to ask for someone to recap the answer for me!

calypso*a*go-go
07-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks! But if it gets played, i'm still not going to listen. I'll have to ask for someone to recap the answer for me!

We're not going to do it -- we're gonna make you face your fears!!! :teeth:

TheTXTaylors5
07-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Haha. I will be calling sometime in the next few days. I feel like I am bothering the podcast crew because I've sent in 2 emails in the past month or so. I don't want to annoy.

:goodvibes Good luck!

:surfweb: I've been listening for over a year and just started to get "involved". I sent two email THIS WEEK and "tried" to leave a message today. ;) I guess that may be a little overkill. But, as the popularity of the Podcast grows, I assume it will get harder and harder for them to chose emails and voicemails to play/read.

- Jennifer

*NikkiBell*
07-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Maybe I should send in my voicemail tonight then? -nervous podcast line shudder-

TheTXTaylors5
07-10-2008, 08:13 PM
IM I just received from Corey:

You shouldn't have to press anything after you hang up. If I find out different I'll let you know.:thumbsup2

- Jennifer

MenashaCorp
07-10-2008, 08:17 PM

Well, if anyone would know.... ;)

TheTXTaylors5
07-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Well...first I broke out in a cold sweat, then I had to run and use the bathroom, then I had to shut the door to make sure no one in my family could hear me and try to make me mess up...then finally I just had to suck it up and make the call. ;)

:lmao: Pretty much sounds like me. I had to lock the kids out of my room. So, I could make the call and gather my thoughts. :dance3: Otherwise, it would have been pure chaos in the background. Then again, they may have thought I was calling from MK. ;)

- Jennifer

Jubilee
07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
You guys are crackin' me up! :rotfl2:

lorax123
07-11-2008, 04:44 AM
We're not going to do it -- we're gonna make you face your fears!!! :teeth:

wow, you peeps are tough! :lmao:

I was hoping to hear that you had to hit # at the end of your message for it to take... apparently, that's not the case. :sad2:

but if it gets read, at least I'm entered for the chance to get in on the cruise!

luna99
07-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I hated hearing my voice yesterday but I figure it's worth it to be involved and have fun with the podcast.

If you listen I say "Uh" quite a few times and then I laughed at myself for saying "cool" too many time. lol. :laughing:

It was a lot of fun though!

tinkbutt
07-11-2008, 08:46 AM

if you do start to annoy they will just make fun of you like they did with I think it was Steve??? :rotfl:

*NikkiBell*
07-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Hahaha...uh oh!

tinkbutt
07-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I also wanted to add that I know I sounded awful and totally forgot you could listen to the recording and redo it if you know you sounded like a nervous wreck!!!! all well I am calling again this week so hopefully I'll remember it when I call back!!! lol

SamIAm21
07-11-2008, 10:20 AM
if you do start to annoy they will just make fun of you like they did with I think it was Steve??? :rotfl:

Obviously, it pays to be just slightly off-kilter in one way or another. Steve sings and he's recognized immediately when he calls in or writes. That can't be a bad thing. So, I have to think that sounding like a "loon" may pay off with the podcast crew!

:wizard:

YodaMouse
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
I have to say I am always nervous when I leave a voice mail. I wasn't on this week, but was on last week. I must have re-recorded my voice mail 3 times before I finally got it all in and was somewhat happy with the result. So what do I do? Mispronounce pralines! :confused3 There was no way I was going to go back through that dissertation just for one word; I was just hoping no one would notice. So what is the first thing Julie says, "pra (rhymes with bra) - leans" BUSTED! :sad2:

LOL.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Geef
07-11-2008, 12:43 PM

My voice mail was played back (long ago). I never hit the # button. Ididn't know I should?!?

aaronmckie
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
My voice mail was played back (long ago). I never hit the # button. Ididn't know I should?!?

I never hit it, either, and mine was played as well (last week).

mandymommy4
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM

I never hit it, either, and mine was played as well (last week).

Thanks! :thumbsup2

DSNY4ever
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I know what you guys mean about overkill...I have left one voice mail now and I have probably sent in about 6 emails over the last few months, but they never choose mine.

I am getting worried that my questions are dumb and my husband said that they probably blacklisted me, because the first question I ever sent was dumb...I was a podcast newbie ;)

Oh well, cross my fingers- I love hearing people that I recognize their screen names from the boards! Way to go Calypsoagogo, Luna99, tinkbutt etc.!

TheTXTaylors5
07-11-2008, 05:02 PM
I know what you guys mean about overkill...I have left one voice mail now and I have probably sent in about 6 emails over the last few months, but they never choose mine.

:faint: I know how you feel. That is the story of my life. I am the most unlucky person in the world (Except in love and I guess that is where it truly counts.:love: ). Needless to say, I don't play the lottery. ;) We could be at WDW and they are giving out things to everyone around me and I must be invisible because I ALWAYS get overlooked. I'm 5'5" and my DH is 6'5". So, sometimes I may be invisible (just kidding!). It just gets frustrating when it is time and time again. Case in point, I called a local radio station this morning. They were looking for caller 10 (I was caller 11. I think they told me that just to torment me! :headache:). Oh well. I think life likes to play these little jokes on me to make me appreciate what I do have. I tell my kids that all the time, I guess I need to follow that motto too. :rolleyes1

- Jennifer

DVCsince02
07-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Well I just left a voicemail today and I only had to record it twice before I was somewhat satisfied with the outcome. I'm sure I taked too fast and my words got cut off, but oh well, I tried.

Wish me luck for some air time!

DSNY4ever
07-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Case in point, I called a local radio station this morning. They were looking for caller 10 (I was caller 11. I think they told me that just to torment me! :headache:).

Oh that stinks! I used to work at a radio station and if we were looking for the tenth caller we would tell two people in a row that they were caller number 8 because we felt too bad telling people they were number 9, after caller ten we didn't pick up. Apparently that station doesn't do that! And to be honest, there is no machine to keep track, so for a while when we were doing caller 100, people would lose count sometimes :rolleyes: it was much more accurate when only taking caller no. 10!

catycatcat4
07-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Im gonna send a voice mail thingy in sooner or later just gotta stop being lazy

i don't think i will have a problem with it if i can speek on stage in front of people i can leave a message.

Disneybridein2k3
07-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Whew! I just rambled a long-winded message...I had really good intentions of hitting the # sign at the end to listen and (most likely) re-record if need be but I was so nervous I just hung up. :sad2: I doubt it'll get picked anyway but now I'm just embarrassed that anyone has to listen to it!

Castaway Kev
07-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I started leaving a voice mail explaining how to pronounce Tympani. Well, I was very nervous and said "Hopefully we can avoid having any more Bob moments" and as soon as it came out of my mouth I realized how insensitive that sounded so I said Blah! out of frustration and hung up. I called back and left a much better message.

Which one did they play??? The one where I sound like an insensitive jerk, of course.

I've called and left some additional messages apologizing and asking new questions. Unfortunately, they haven't been played yet. So until they give my my shot at redemption you can just call me the insensitive jerk.

TheTXTaylors5
07-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Which one did they play??? The one where I sound like an insensitive jerk, of course.

Of course they played that one. ;) Haven't listened to the Podcast yet. Now, you have me intrigued. :rolleyes: Hopefully, they will play one where you can redeem yourself. Good luck!

- Jennifer