PDA

View Full Version : "Goth Day"

metalis4ever
07-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I think that the idea is so awesome..I personally have been bringing Black Metal to WDW since 1998. I never have problems with heat but of course I don't dress "goth" I just wear my Metal Shirts all of which are black. I think something like this would be great at WDW there are plenty of Metalheads that are also diehard Disney fans. I mean you can't tell me that the Disney Villians don't listen to metal all the time. I vote for a Black Cauldron themed ride for all the Disney Metalheads out there. Go Bat Day :maleficen

jog58
07-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I think that the idea is so awesome..I personally have been bringing Black Metal to WDW since 1998. I never have problems with heat but of course I don't dress "goth" I just wear my Metal Shirts all of which are black. I think something like this would be great at WDW there are plenty of Metalheads that are also diehard Disney fans. I mean you can't tell me that the Disney Villians don't listen to metal all the time. I vote for a Black Cauldron themed ride for all the Disney Metalheads out there. Go Bat Day :maleficen

That's my DH for ya. :)

goofeyken
07-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Yall have to go to this site and see their pictures :rotfl:

http://www.batsday.net/home/home.htm

LOLOL

http://www.batsday.net/photos/iframe/2006photos/meet%20photos/images/060820-161.jpg

jog58
07-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Yall have to go to this site and see their pictures :rotfl:

http://www.batsday.net/home/home.htm

LOLOL

http://www.batsday.net/photos/iframe/2006photos/meet%20photos/images/060820-161.jpg

Interesting :)

ndmommy
07-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for finding the pictures. It looks like a lot of fun. What a great day to people watch.

astrodrummergirl
07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
You know.... if I had some Goth clothing, I would so go! Sounds like fun!

Abharmagic
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Chuck Klosterman wrote and article/piece on goth day at Disneyland- it's a good read.

metalis4ever
07-09-2008, 07:41 PM
I found a picture of what the princesses would look like if they went "goth" lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/taxykat/Art/animated/goth-disney.gif

Iggipolka
07-09-2008, 07:59 PM
We accidentally went to Goth days at DL last year. We had no idea that the Goths were going to be taking over the park on the weekend that we went. OMG. We felt completely out of place wearing our pink tinker bell t-shirts and white shorts! I kept telling my wife that we should go home and find whatever black clothing we had to wear to the park the next day.

Oddly enough..the Goths mostly just wandered around and hung out looking depressed and goth-like. The only ride that had a line was the Haunted Mansion. Go figure. ;)

maddhatir
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
How about Tinkerbell!:banana:

http://www.blinkyou.com/image_bank/glitters/tinkerbellgothicchik.gif

DiamondDiva305
07-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I found a picture of what the princesses would look like if they went "goth" lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/taxykat/Art/animated/goth-disney.gif

Real cute :love:

calypso*a*go-go
07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Found this group shot from DL:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/92/221038546_bef232be66.jpg

luna99
07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
metalis4ever, that pic is so cool!

You know... when I was younger/a teenager I certainly wasn't goth .. but I was definitely into "darker" things... tim burton films, fantasy films (legend, the dark crystal), and as we all know.. a lot of teenagers have that whole angsty, emo, "the world just doesn't understand me" attitude. I can totally see how 'goth' and disney can fit together.

I remember being younger and telling someone that if I were to describe myself I would say I was like disney, on crack. lol. I mean, think about movies like the dark crystal and the nightmare before christmas. They have dark elements to them but they are also "kids" shows and disney/jim henson. (which I love. BIG Jim Henson Fan here!).

As for me personally.. I have outgrown the need to dye my hair all sorts of crazy colors and dress wacky (most of the time!) ... but I still have a love for a lot of that stuff and I think it's great that people who identify both with the "darkness" and the fantasty and dream elements of disney can have a day to celebrate that.

so with that being said.. I will use an icon that Goths tend to hate.. and finish this post saying:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOTHS!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

maddhatir
07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
so with that being said.. I will use an icon that Goths tend to hate.. and finish this post saying:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOTHS!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

OH NO! NOT the CHEERLEADERS!!! :scared1:

(I'm melting.......):lmao:

Jubilee
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm crackin' up! :dance3:

Dismom+two
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
The last time DH and I brought his kids...his DS was sort of into Goth...dressed in black. He was complaining while we were in the park that it was "SO HOT!!"
I just looked at him and said..."its the end of July...we are in Florida and your wearing BLACK!!!" :sad2: I just didn't get it...but he is past that now.

maddhatir
07-10-2008, 02:02 PM
As for me personally.. I have outgrown the need to dye my hair all sorts of crazy colors and dress wacky (most of the time!) ... but I still have a love for a lot of that stuff and I think it's great that people who identify both with the "darkness" and the fantasty and dream elements of disney can have a day to celebrate that.

I can almost bet the goths are more respectful and less annoying than the cheerleaders during Pop Warner!:laughing:

maddhatir
07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
The last time DH and I brought his kids...his DS was sort of into Goth...dressed in black. He was complaining while we were in the park that it was "SO HOT!!"
I just looked at him and said..."its the end of July...we are in Florida and your wearing BLACK!!!" :sad2: I just didn't get it...but he is past that now.

:lmao: :rotfl2:

I do listen to goth/black/death metal- but no one would ever know it by the way I dress, and I have blonde hair and like to tan:lmao: I do have some piercings though.

I would stick out like a sore thumb in the goth group photo :rotfl:

luna99
07-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I vote for a Black Cauldron themed ride for all the Disney Metalheads out there. Go Bat Day :maleficen

omg how did I not see this sooner!!??! A BLACK CAULDRON RIDE?!? YES!!! that movie is like.. I dunno.. the holy grail of disney movies. For a while I used to think maybe I made it up because no one but me remembered it! lol. awesome idea metalis4ever!

metalis4ever
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
omg how did I not see this sooner!!??! A BLACK CAULDRON RIDE?!? YES!!! that movie is like.. I dunno.. the holy grail of disney movies. For a while I used to think maybe I made it up because no one but me remembered it! lol. awesome idea metalis4ever!

I know the Black Cauldron is one of my favortie Disney movies of all time!!!!

http://cinemadreamer.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/black_cauldron_ver1.jpg

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-10-2008, 11:18 PM
As a definitely non-Goth looking mom-type, I want to say that we love going to DL on Bat Day! We did it the first time by accident and decided it was a good time.

We get a kick people watching all of the non-goth types that had no clue what was up. The reactions are so mixed! Some of the amazing Disney tattoos that the goth crowd sports are pretty cool, too. It's even fun to see the goth couples that had kids - they range from standard Gymboree clothes to really cool goth outfits.

The benefit is that the park definitely seems a lot emptier and the rides have shorter lines - except the HM!

Nancy

kimbac3
07-10-2008, 11:38 PM
:lmao: :rotfl2:

I do listen to goth/black/death metal- but no one would ever know it by the way I dress, and I have blonde hair and like to tan:lmao: I do have some piercings though.

I would stick out like a sore thumb in the goth group photo :rotfl:

LOL!! I met you back in Nov 2006 - at the Pirate tutorial - anyway, I would never have pegged you for Goth/death metal/ black metal. I'm a little blonde, no tattoos or piercing - I'd stick out too!

But then again - I'm a metalhead from the late 80's and I bet the other mom's at my DDs' dance school would be very surprised to see what is on my MP3 player!:rotfl2: No screaming stuff for me though - I hate when people do that screaming stuff!! Never liked it as a teen and I really hate it now. DS listens to that and I told him that I better not hear it - it makes me want to smash something:headache:

Kimba

metalis4ever
07-11-2008, 08:27 AM
LOL!! I met you back in Nov 2006 - at the Pirate tutorial - anyway, I would never have pegged you for Goth/death metal/ black metal. I'm a little blonde, no tattoos or piercing - I'd stick out too!

But then again - I'm a metalhead from the late 80's and I bet the other mom's at my DDs' dance school would be very surprised to see what is on my MP3 player!:rotfl2: No screaming stuff for me though - I hate when people do that screaming stuff!! Never liked it as a teen and I really hate it now. DS listens to that and I told him that I better not hear it - it makes me want to smash something:headache:

Kimba

No love for 80's Thrash then I suppose? Thats a shame but if you are into non-screaming clean vocals then you must love Iron Maiden, DIO, Judas Priest, and Power Metal of course...which are just as metal as the screaming stuff \m/ -_- \m/ ....I like all metal screaming and non-screaming alike...for me its like Disney I like the cute stuff and the darker stuff equally the same. :thumbsup2

I still think a Goth or Bats day at WDW would be awesome but it probably wouldn't work as well cause the humidity would really mess with the black hair dye and make-up. But like I said before every trip that I have made since 1998 I always wear my metal shirts and I never over heat :rockband:

maddhatir
07-11-2008, 08:50 AM

Kimba

OMGGGGG!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

I was JUST thinking of you yesterday! I think I told you that I would forget your name :headache: But I still remember you!!!!

I am adding you to my buddy list only b/c that way I will remember your screen name!

Nice talking to you again. I usually spend most of my time over on the budget board (Freebies!:banana: )

..................yay!:yay:

BTW- I am not into screaming as much as some good ol' growling!:thumbsup2

maddhatir
07-11-2008, 09:19 AM
We get a kick people watching all of the non-goth types that had no clue what was up. The reactions are so mixed!

Do you know what I think is funny- those non-goth types are walking around with fanny packs, knee socks and sun visors- :lmao:

YOU tell me who is funnier looking!:lmao: :rotfl2:

kimbac3
07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
No love for 80's Thrash then I suppose? Thats a shame but if you are into non-screaming clean vocals then you must love Iron Maiden, DIO, Judas Priest, and Power Metal of course...which are just as metal as the screaming stuff \m/ -_- \m/ ....I like all metal screaming and non-screaming alike...for me its like Disney I like the cute stuff and the darker stuff equally the same. :thumbsup2 :rockband:

I love Iron Maiden and Dio! Also like Anthrax and the Cult and I like Extreme and Dokken - I like lots of different types. Some of the newer stuff - some Disturbed and Linkin Park - Thanks to DS! I've seen so many of those 80's bands in concert. I miss them!

If you did a Goth Day somewhere between Dec and March the humidity shouldn't be too bad in WDW.

OMGGGGG!!!!!:banana: :cool1: :woohoo:

I was JUST thinking of you yesterday! I think I told you that I would forget your name :headache: But I still remember you!!!!

I am adding you to my buddy list only b/c that way I will remember your screen name!

Nice talking to you again. I usually spend most of my time over on the budget board (Freebies!:banana: )

..................yay!:yay:

BTW- I am not into screaming as much as some good ol' growling!:thumbsup2

That's cool! Yep, you told me you'd probably forget, I keep a journal of every trip and wrote about our meeting. That's how I remember all the details. Otherwise...:confused3

I've been visiting the budget board more frequently lately...dang gas prices!!

Hey - where, approximately is Wonderland NJ located? I'm in south Jersey - Cumberland County.

Kimba

maddhatir
07-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey - where, approximately is Wonderland NJ located? I'm in south Jersey - Cumberland County.

Kimba

:lmao: There is not place called Wonderland NJ, hee hee.
My metal location in Wonderland:rolleyes1 and my physical State is NJ.

I am from Marlton- South Jersey.

kimbac3
07-11-2008, 03:27 PM
:lmao: There is not place called Wonderland NJ, hee hee.
My metal location in Wonderland:rolleyes1 and my physical State is NJ.

I am from Marlton- South Jersey.

Yeah, I know no "Wonderland" in NJ - should have put that in quotes! I'm familiar with Marlton. We need a south Jersey Dis Meet! - You can dress any way you like!!

Kimba

metalis4ever
07-12-2008, 11:15 PM
I love Iron Maiden and Dio! Also like Anthrax and the Cult and I like Extreme and Dokken - I like lots of different types. Some of the newer stuff - some Disturbed and Linkin Park - Thanks to DS! I've seen so many of those 80's bands in concert. I miss them!

If you did a Goth Day somewhere between Dec and March the humidity shouldn't be too bad in WDW.

Kimba

I saw Iron Maiden for the 8th time a couple of weeks ago in MA I had second row Dave Murray was literally 5 feet away from me it was awesome!!!!

Yeah December wouldn't be bad except for the whole Holiday crowd it would be too busy...but March would be a great time..Like I said in my OP I have never dressed "Goth" in my life but I always wear my Metal shirts which are all black all the time including when I am at WDW and the heat and humidity very rarely get to me...

I do think it would be cool to be part of Goth or Bats Day even if one isn't into dressing "Goth".....I am going to Mickey's Not SO scary Hallowen when I am down there in September maybe I'll dress "Goth" as my costume..that is if my DW will do the same :rolleyes1