PDA

View Full Version : Will December please hurry up and get here....

loveDmouse
06-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I really need to get back to the Fort. Hurry up, hurry up!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I really needed to let that out to people who will understand me. Do you believe there are people who don't understand why we go to the Fort or to Disney each year??? :faint: (Other than Gatordad who doesn't understand why anyone goes to Disney :confused3 )

Shannone1
06-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I really need to get back to the Fort. Hurry up, hurry up!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I really needed to let that out to people who will understand me. Do you believe there are people who don't understand why we go to the Fort or to Disney each year??? :faint: (Other than Gatordad who doesn't understand why anyone goes to Disney :confused3 )

We are excited about December too :) It DOES seem like a long time from now...but that's actually kinda good because I am no where NEAR ready for Christmas, lol :lmao:

clkelley
06-22-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to December also. That's my long 2-week trip at the Fort!!!

loveDmouse
06-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Hopefully it will get here quick. :hyper:

Two weeks, that sounds wonderful. We will be there 9 nights this time which we normally only get 7 so I am really excited to have an extra couple days. Decided to extend this trip a little (with our work schedules that is all we can do) just in case we can't afford to go next year with everything getting so high.

djblu883
06-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Our group of singles who are going in Dec. got together last night for the love of Disney!!! Some of us know one another, others have never met so I threw a fondue party for us to all get aquainted and discuss our plans. I made all the ADR's last week...we then decided if we wanted to go to the parks plannned or opt for a different schedule...it was a blast! Now everyone has the fever as much as I do lol!!!

4daubers
06-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Tomorrow morning is when Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages become available. I'll be on the phone at 6AM. Aah what we do for our WDW fix. :worship:

loveDmouse
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
It is getting closer! :goodvibes
Come on December. Hurry it up already! :santa: :santa:

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Hold on - we can't skip November! :cool1:

loveDmouse
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Ok then. Will November hurry up and get here so December can hurry up and get here. :hippie:

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Ok then. Will November hurry up and get here so December can hurry up and get here. :hippie:

OK - I can live with that! :lmao:

loveDmouse
08-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Works for me! :rotfl:

PolynesianPixie
08-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I just made my ADRs for December! :woohoo:

ntsammy5
08-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I just made my ADRs for December! :woohoo:

I love the first couple of weeks in December - we've been down then 5 times in the last 7 years. It's PERFECT!

PolynesianPixie
08-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I love the first couple of weeks in December - we've been down then 5 times in the last 7 years. It's PERFECT!

My favorite time to go! We'll be there 2 weeks this time!

Us3
08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
My favorite time to go! We'll be there 2 weeks this time!

That sounds like so much fun! I really want to try to arrange a time we can go for 2 weeks. I really don't want to go during the summer though! :scared: Are you guys doing Christmas and New Years at the Fort?

des1954
08-08-2008, 05:43 PM

I really needed to let that out to people who will understand me. Do you believe there are people who don't understand why we go to the Fort or to Disney each year??? :confused3

DH & I were just discussing that today. The first date he took me on was to the Magic Kingdom waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in August 1973. The place was literally a ghost town on that day (a Saturday no less).

We were at the MK today (because Friday's are suppose to be a "less crowded" day) and the place was fairly full - and we reminisced to the day of our first date. Back in 1973, people thought you were out of your mind if you went back to Disney. The thinking was "Okay...I've been there. No need to go back." We've never stopped going. In fact, we purposely have positioned ourselves so we have a quick, easy drive to Disney. WDW, & FtW in particular, are my "happy places"!!!

Us3
08-08-2008, 05:55 PM
DH & I were just discussing that today. The first date he took me on was to the Magic Kingdom waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in August 1973. The place was literally a ghost town on that day (a Saturday no less).

We were at the MK today (because Friday's are suppose to be a "less crowded" day) and the place was fairly full - and we reminisced to the day of our first date. Back in 1973, people thought you were out of your mind if you went back to Disney. The thinking was "Okay...I've been there. No need to go back." We've never stopped going. In fact, we purposely have positioned ourselves so we have a quick, easy drive to Disney. WDW, & FtW in particular, are my "happy places"!!!

Ah, that's a great story Debbie!:goodvibes I hope dh and I are in the position to do that after raising our 3 girls! I'd love to spend our winters down there. In 97 after dh proposed to me at WDW, we met an older couple who had been going to Disney since it opened. I'll never forget them...they were great!

Glad you guys had a good time at MK!

loveDmouse
08-08-2008, 06:27 PM

It is our favorite time of the year too! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
We come around the same time each year. Love it! :love:

loveDmouse
08-08-2008, 06:29 PM

What a nice story. Thanks for sharing.

kc5grw
08-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Even though I'd really like to be at the Fort this Christmas, I think I am probably going to release my ressies for this year and travel to the other coast instead.

It's been 25 years since I've been to the park that Walt built. My oldest DD is an absolute NBC nut and would love to see the Haunted Mansion under Jack Skellington's charge. I'll probably still pull the trailer, even though the campground selection is dismal. It's still cheaper than getting hotel rooms for the entire crew.

des1954
08-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Even though I'd really like to be at the Fort this Christmas, I think I am probably going to release my ressies for this year and travel to the other coast instead.

It's been 25 years since I've been to the park that Walt built. My oldest DD is an absolute NBC nut and would love to see the Haunted Mansion under Jack Skellington's charge. I'll probably still pull the trailer, even though the campground selection is dismal. It's still cheaper than getting hotel rooms for the entire crew.

Ya know...I never thought about it, but you're probably mid-way between Disneyland & WDW!! That's kind of neat! IIRC, you're not too far away from Schlitterbahn, either. I've seen Schlitterbahn on the Travel Channel & that place looks awesome! We really enjoy Typhoon Lagoon, but I think TL pales by comparison to Schlitterbahn. Besides...I like the name "Schlitterbahn"!:laughing:

I've heard there aren't too many campground choices in Anaheim, but to go to where it all began,,, you can put up with less than FtW for a few days! I hope you have a wonderful time!

kc5grw
08-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Actually, we're a little farther from Anaheim than Orlando. It's about 1400 to Anaheim and only 1100 to Orlando.

Schlitterbahn is great. Definitely a great place to cool off in the summer, especially considering the spring water that fills the majority of the park is about 75 degrees. :scared1:

clkelley
08-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Actually, we're a little farther from Anaheim than Orlando. It's about 1400 to Anaheim and only 1100 to Orlando.

Schlitterbahn is great. Definitely a great place to cool off in the summer, especially considering the spring water that fills the majority of the park is about 75 degrees. :scared1:

I'm going to DL in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of campgrounds really close. I will drop by both of them and get some pictures for you. Just looking at the website for Anaheim RV Village. It doesn't look too bad. Definitely not the Fort, but seems to be well manicured and clean.

http://www.anaheimrvvillage.com/index.htm