PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have AIG Auto or Amica

FeeleyFans
06-17-2008, 02:35 PM
I currently have my car, homeowner and umbella policy with Allstate. Of course, like everyone else I'm looking to save money. I received lower quotes from AIG and Amica. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with either and if you are happy with them.

coneeny4
06-17-2008, 04:43 PM
I have had Amica for my car insurance for about 12 years now and have never had a problem. I have had a few windshield replacements and I have been rear-ended a few times the Customer Service has been excellent.

I was going to add my homeowner's with them at one time but the price they gave me was around $500.00 more than what I was paying so I did not switch.

mom3sonstt
06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
We used to have Amica - we were very happy with them. We wound up switching to Geico though. When we first priced them Amica and Geico were pretty much the same (a whole bunch cheaper than our AAA Insurance!) Then our oldest turned 16, got a license and a car and the renewal was enough higher on Amica that we re-priced Geico and Geico was less. Not significantly, but our daughter-in-law (I have 2 grown step-sons) worked for Geico at the time so that helped in our decision to switch. She worked for the military division so didn't work with our policy but it was still her company. But if the original question was about Amica and AIG - we had no complaints at all about our time with Amica. :thumbsup2

NHWX
06-17-2008, 05:17 PM
We've had Amica for 18+ years and been very happy with them. We have both house and auto with them. When pricing them, remember that you get a dividend at the end of a year's worth of insurance. I believe that the auto one was 20% this year.

NHWX

justplaingoofy
06-17-2008, 08:44 PM
LOVE AMICA!!! we've had them for 12+ years, and turned our entire family onto them. My husband had a claim with his car and the dealership couldn't stop talking about how great the insurance was to deal with..:moped:

lchadwick
06-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Another vote for AMICA. My family has been using them for probably 50+ years. My parents hae ALWAYS had them, my sisters have had them, and I had auto coverage through them for YEARS, as well as homeowners, until I moved to Myrtle beach (they don't write for this area). They did get too expensive for us, last year, and it killed me to have to switch. They are the best with claims - really they are.

1000th happy haunt
06-18-2008, 05:56 AM
We have AIG. And I used their extra services once. I had a flat a short distance (about two miles) away from home. I called my husband and he picked me up. We called AIG about the flat, and they arranged for someone to come and change my tire for me. We headed back out to my car, and he was already there when we arrived.

The final bill was---NO CHARGE!! It's included with the cost of the car insurance.

dis2cruise
06-18-2008, 06:23 AM
we too have amica car and home never had a complaint with them!!

Bren's Mom
06-18-2008, 06:38 AM
We've had AMICA for about 10 years now, home and auto. They are wonderful...you can always get a human being on the phone, customer service reps are pleasant and knowledgeable and we've never had 1 complaint at all about them. We've had to file glass claims twice and that was no problem. And my car was in 2 accidents, one rear-ended that was not my fault and I was injured...and the other my car was parked. They handled the first one and were so great to me...I paid nothing out of pocket except my deductible which was returned to me promptly when they were reimbursed. They handled everything with the other insurance co, my extensive medical bills, etc. And my insurance never went up.

DebMcDonald
06-18-2008, 07:17 AM
We have Amica. They have been WONDERFUL. Can I tell you how long Amica has been in my family. My grandparents had it and then of course put my mom on the policy, she married my father, they put me on the policy, they divorced and my father and his new wife now have Amica, I have been married twice, both my ex and current husband have Amica and my daughter will as well in two years. We have filed claims with our auto policy and also have a policy on our rental property in CT and were sued over an injury that they fought that down to a very low amount. My father was hit in a parking lot last year while grocery shopping and the hitter accused him of doing the hitting and Amica was wonderful about making sure that the claim went nowhere. We have them for auto, homeowners, and a fire policy on a rental property.

lovepurple
06-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I was just reading an article this morning on AOL money and finance that said AIG is having financial difficulties. That would make me nervous since I have had a home burn to the ground and in the middle of our claim, the company went bankrupt and we never got our full settlement. We have had AIG for car insurance before and had no problems, but we didn't have any claims with them either. We switched from them to Progressive, but just last year have switched to State Farm. I was surprised that State Farm was the cheapest I could find for home and auto, and I have two teenagers on my auto policy, one who has had two accidents.

Muushka
06-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Another Amica cheerleader here. I have had Amica since 1978 :scared1: , shows how old I am! And when I signed on, you had to know someone already insured with them in order for them to take you as a customer.

They don't drop you if you make a claim, they are very efficient, they pay claims without making you jump through hoops. Once I was hit by someone insured with State Farm. State Farm did my estimate and only gave me $850. Using used parts, of course.:( . I called Amica and they told me to go anywhere I wanted to get the car fixed, with new parts, and they would go after State Farm. The car cost $1300 to fix and Amica made sure they paid. Got hit with a hurricane. 1 year after the storm I saw damage to a window (had a cell shade that I had not removed during that period). Amica cut a check for $1500.00, without batting an eyelash. All in all, very satisfied.

Check out the ins co ratings and you will see that Amica consistently scored one of the highest if not the highest.

happily single
06-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I also have Amica for auto and home. I am very pleased with customer service. I had two auto claims, one uninsured and one my fault:confused3 and both were handled wonderfully. Luckily no need for the homeowners, but knowing whta a great job they do with the auto made me switch to Amica for homeowners.

paladin
06-18-2008, 10:28 AM
My dad has Amica and loves it. We visited him at Christmas last year and were hit by an uninsured driver. Dad's car was totaled:furious:. Amica handled everything (emergency room bills, rental car, check for destroyed car) quickly and efficiently; he couldn't have been more pleased with their service.

He has had them for years and always liked them, but is even more satisfied with them now because of their response to this accident.