PDA

View Full Version : GG for October 2008

Pages : [1] 2

momoffive
06-16-2008, 12:01 AM
2008 just to be clear.
Anyone interested? We plan to be there between Oct 25 and leave Nov 1. We have tickets for MNSSHP on the 26. our 2ND time!!! It would be great to have a party. DH and I used to always have a Halloween Party, thats how we picked our wedding day. Couldn't get more us. I would have to try it once or twice, but I would make a big ol'batch of your kungaloosh. Bribery, does that work on this board?::thumbsup2
Loretta

clkelley
06-16-2008, 07:33 AM
I'll be there those exact same dates, but I'm already part of a "group" reservation, so can't join a GG. Would LOVE to have a party.

OK GRUMPY
06-16-2008, 07:43 AM
I Love Halloween and Party at the Fort!! I already have a reservation. what do I need to do?
Cindy

Pirate-Jeff
06-16-2008, 07:59 AM
We will be there also from the 25th to the 1st.

We also have MNSSHP tickets for the 30th.

Us3
06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
We are there on the same dates...celebrating dh's 40'th, Halloween and our 11th anniversary! :thumbsup2 We're always up for a party! We haven't bought tickets for MNSSHP yet, but I think that is the date we are going to try for also.

We4mickey
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
We'll be there the 19th-31st. We are already a GG, but were always up for a meet.

Tri-circle-D
06-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Hey- keep this on the DL, but the TCD gang has ressies at the Fort for 10/30-11/2!

We are not 100% sure about this trip yet.

The DD's have never been away from home for Halloween, but we have always said that we think it would be a blast to actually be at the Fort on Halloween itself, and it looks like this might be the year to give it a try!

So, if there is a party- we will try to be there!

TCD

momoffive
06-16-2008, 10:55 PM
OK so not a GG but at least a meet and greet PARTY! Sounds good to me. We can start to pick the date and or dates in the near future. You know one party is good, but a second is double the fun and I am one that enjoys multiples. :goodvibes
Loretta

BigDaddyRog
06-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Many women have the ability to enjoy multiples....it just aint fair!!! We get 1 and have to nap!!!

njcamper95
06-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I will just about be leaving when you guys come in i'm there the 12 th-27th so don't know if i'll be there for when you guys party but sounds like fun:bride:

Us3
06-18-2008, 05:16 PM
I know this video was posted before...but for those of you who have not seen it....this should get you excited about the Fort in October!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cD40HseHGE&feature=user

Also check the newest clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBZ1AKpnns&feature=user

Pirate-Jeff
06-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks

I had to watch it 4 times--just to make sure that MH wasn't mine, right year color and model and we were there.

Pirate-Jeff
06-18-2008, 08:44 PM
How about a Covered Dish diner party?

Everybody bring something.

LORNADUCK
06-19-2008, 01:33 PM
We will be there from Oct 27th thru Nov 2, kids and grandkids are coming from NY to be with us, maybe we can meet some of you. We have reses for the BBQ on Thurs night, thought the kid would love it.

momoffive
06-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Dates out so far are the 26 and the 30th. How about the 27 or 28. We don't have p[lans yet so making them early is easy. I like the pot luck idea.

BigDaddyRog.....not really what I was thinking when I posted. More like my kids come in packs....:rolleyes1
Loretta

Pirate-Jeff
06-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't forgrt your site decorations

Here are some from years past

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm138/jdejeeps/IMG_4154.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm138/jdejeeps/IMG_4149.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm138/jdejeeps/IMG_4145.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm138/jdejeeps/IMG_4158.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm138/jdejeeps/IMG_4142.jpg

Be creative and go overboard

and don't forget the tacky awning lamps

clkelley
06-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I've got orange lights and the Mickey Mouse Pumpkin lites, not sure if I'll get much more.

momoffive
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I've been away for a couple of weeks and I am catching up. So much to read to catch up on around here. We got our tickets for MNSSHP while we were away:banana: :yay: . We go on the 26th. Have reservations for dinner on the 28 so how about the 27th. I am so looking forward to meeting up with some of you and planning is fun too. My one son is a Halloween fan and LOVED the site pictures Pirate-Jeff. I want to start on a Mickey light ASAP too. Like the pot- luck idea too.
Loretta

Us3
07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I think we have 900 loop requested for October.

The 27th would work for us too. Pot luck sounds good...but I vote for keeping it easy. Only cook what you enjoy cooking or bring it from the store. ;)

Dh and I sit outside enjoying adult beverages in the evening after our little ones go to bed (we have 2 that are still pretty young). So if you're out looping, you guys can always stop by our site for beer or wine! :thumbsup2

momoffive
07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Anyone ever have drunken hotdogs? Easy and and that's what I'll make.
Loretta

OK GRUMPY
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Drunken Hot Dogs... That sounds interesting

momoffive
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
They are very popular when we have our neighborhood parties, I can't go without them. Great snack, for the adults only though.
Loretta

Us3
07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Thats one I've never heard of! But they sound like they would be a hit at the Fort! :thumbsup2

BigDaddyRog
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Anyone ever have drunken hotdogs? Easy and and that's what I'll make.
Loretta

Ok...whats a drunken hotdog? Dogs boiled in beer?

PolynesianPixie
07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I was having visions of hotdogs swimming in some sort of whisky sauce. I'm not the biggest hot dog fan...but I think I'd have to partake in THAT!

Gatordad
07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
yeah, out with the damn recipe already will ya???? You have us intrigued.

PolynesianPixie
07-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I just found this:

DRUNKEN HOT DOGS

2 c. ketchup
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. bourbon
1 tbsp. grated onion
1/2 c. water

Combine ingredients and heat for 20 minutes. Serve dip with Little Smokies or wieners miniatures. Great for holiday appetizer or Sunday afternoon football!

Sounds yummy!

momoffive
07-02-2008, 02:16 PM
It was so late last night. Couldn't find the real recipe. I make the sauce like Ami said and then add the cut up hot dos and let them steep for a while an hour in the sauce in a crock pot. I've never added water and we always use more bourbon then called for . They really are good, even for those who are not hotdog fans.
Loretta

BigDaddyRog
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
That doesnt sound too bad at all.....I found this on the web, not sure about mixing sugar, beer and processed simulated meat...but ya never know till ya try it.....
1lb. wieners

1/2 can beer (any kind)

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. catsup

1/2 c. BBQ sauce

Put all in slow cooker and simmer for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy and cheers!

Pirate-Jeff
07-02-2008, 03:48 PM
It was so late last night. Couldn't find the real recipe. I make the sauce like Ami said and then add the cut up hot dos and let them steep for a while an hour in the sauce in a crock pot. I've never added water and we always use more bourbon then called for . They really are good, even for those who are not hotdog fans.
Loretta

What part of NC are you from ? When I lived in Saw Mills NC the hot dogs were the only things not drunk:drinking1

You just got-a-love Small Mills-----The only place in the world you can buy beer from a vending machine

Us3
07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Bourbon dogs! Wow, they sound just terrible, haha...but I'm willing to try anything once. With enough bourbon, I can see why they are a hit at the neighborhood parties, hehe! ;)

We'll probably do something like grilled hot wings. Dh like's 'em hot...so be sure to have plenty of beer on hand! :thumbsup2

momoffive
07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
What part of NC are you from ? When I lived in Saw Mills NC the hot dogs were the only things not drunk:drinking1

You just got-a-love Small Mills-----The only place in the world you can buy beer from a vending machine

I have to say I haven't seen it in vending machines, but you can get it here at almost any store. Sure is different than PA. We live in the Winston-Salem Greensboro area. Love it here, don't miss PA at all. Said goodby to Lehigh Valley 4 years ago and only go back to visit family. Just got home from a 2 week trip to PA and NJ. Where is Saw Mills?
Loretta

Pirate-Jeff
07-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Saw Mills is just outside (North) of Hickory on old US 321

I've been through Greensboro many times my favorite Guy store is there Northern Tools. Most of my Family still lives Around Hickory and Lenior

ftwildernessguy
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
I have to say I haven't seen it in vending machines, but you can get it here at almost any store. Sure is different than PA. We live in the Winston-Salem Greensboro area. Love it here, don't miss PA at all. Said goodby to Lehigh Valley 4 years ago and only go back to visit family. Just got home from a 2 week trip to PA and NJ. Where is Saw Mills?
Loretta

Well, we are making progress in the Valley. Wegman's is now allowed to sell beer and the State Liquor Authority is going to allow wine to be sold in vending machines. Kungaloosh is always available at my house 24-7.

momoffive
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Wow. I do miss Wegmans. They had just come to the area when we moved. The closest I can come to Wegmans here is the local Harris Teeter, and I rarely shop there unless its for wine or a quick stop for one or two things. Vending machines? Are they pony bottles?
Loretta

auntie
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
We have rescheduled our trip in Tina's 5th wheel for the first week of October.(departing on the 4th or 5th) Anyone going to be there during this time period?:confused3

Also..curious about the weather for this time of year. While I hated having to cancel for August, I'm hoping the weather might be more enjoyable.

Pirate-Jeff
07-03-2008, 03:37 PM
We have rescheduled our trip in Tina's 5th wheel for the first week of October.(departing on the 4th or 5th) Anyone going to be there during this time period?:confused3

Also..curious about the weather for this time of year. While I hated having to cancel for August, I'm hoping the weather might be more enjoyable.

You can check here
http://freecal.brownbearsw.com/DisCampers?Op=ShowIt&Date=2008-10-01

Us3
07-03-2008, 04:45 PM

Darn it, we'd love to meet you Auntie...but we are there at the end of October. Oct 25th-Nov 1st

auntie
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Darn it, we'd love to meet you Auntie...but we are there at the end of October. Oct 25th-Nov 1st

It would have been nice to meet you too, Sonya.:sad1:

RvUsa
07-03-2008, 08:14 PM
You will LOVE October!! I couldn't even imagine WDW in August...
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_1_10.gif (*******************************************ZSzeb0 01_ZNfox000)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_1_12.gif (*******************************************ZSzeb0 01_ZNfox000)

We have been in Feb/march May and Oct, and we will not go back unless it is Oct. Great crowds, better weather!!! LOVE IT, can't wait till Oct 09.

auntie
07-03-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm glad to hear October is nice weather. John, did you go in early October or later in the month. We will probably be arriving the last couple of days of Sept..and into the first week of October.
I'm looking forward to going a different time of year than we have previously.
As much as I hated having to put the trip off I am looking forward to visiting during a time of year that I haven't visited before. Who knows, after this, October may become our favorite time of year.

njcamper95
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
i'm going in between you both i'll be there Oct 12-27 so will only be there for a day before those of you that get in the end of oct

Us3
07-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm glad to hear October is nice weather. John, did you go in early October or later in the month. We will probably be arriving the last couple of days of Sept..and into the first week of October.
I'm looking forward to going a different time of year than we have previously.
As much as I hated having to put the trip off I am looking forward to visiting during a time of year that I haven't visited before. Who knows, after this, October may become our favorite time of year.

DH and I went last October (end of month) for out 10 year anniversary. We LOVED it! So we said we'd have to go back this year and take the kids to MNSSHP!

momoffive
07-04-2008, 01:24 AM
We have been in May, too hot already, October into November, LOVED it, and most recently beginning of December. Our favorite is October. If you time it right you will see all the Halloween decorations, nothing then the starts of Christmas and Holiday decorations. The weather was great, shorts to sweatshirt in evenings. I'm sure the camping will be perfect this time of year too. I'm planning on bringing the AC if needed though. I can't wait to meet up with some of y'all. Auntie wish you could join us at the end of the month too.
Loretta

des1954
07-04-2008, 07:18 AM
We have 10/30 thru 11/2 ressies. What ever anyone decides to do that weekend, I'm game!! BTW - kids do trick-or-treat at FtW! So if you want to see a lot of princesses & pirates, stay at your site & pass out some candy. (The adults appreciate beer, wine, or kungaloosh, however!:thumbsup2 )

ftwildernessguy
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Wow. I do miss Wegmans. They had just come to the area when we moved. The closest I can come to Wegmans here is the local Harris Teeter, and I rarely shop there unless its for wine or a quick stop for one or two things. Vending machines? Are they pony bottles?
Loretta

From the picture I saw, it looks like full sized bottles. They are going to have some sort of finger scanning device to prevent underage purchases. I think some homeless guy could make a few bucks hanging out by one and scanning his finger for kids, or maybe the kids could cut off mom or dad's finger and wear it around their neck for an "emergency."

2goofycampers
07-04-2008, 10:35 AM
From the picture I saw, it looks like full sized bottles. They are going to have some sort of finger scanning device to prevent underage purchases. I think some homeless guy could make a few bucks hanging out by one and scanning his finger for kids, or maybe the kids could cut off mom or dad's finger and wear it around their neck for an "emergency."

Glad DS is 25...:scared1:

BigDaddyRog
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
...I think some homeless guy could make a few bucks hanging out by one and scanning his finger for kids, or maybe the kids could cut off mom or dad's finger and wear it around their neck for an "emergency."

Jim......man you think of ALL the good scams!!!!:worship: :thumbsup2

Us3
07-04-2008, 04:52 PM
We have 10/30 thru 11/2 ressies. What ever anyone decides to do that weekend, I'm game!! BTW - kids do trick-or-treat at FtW! So if you want to see a lot of princesses & pirates, stay at your site & pass out some candy. (The adults appreciate beer, wine, or kungaloosh, however!:thumbsup2 )

Deb, we are definitely trick-o-treating at your site! :thumbsup2 hehe j/k Glad you're going to be there! I'm looking forward to meeting you this time!

Dh is celebrating his 40'th, we are celebrating our 11th anniversary, and Halloween fun for the kids at the Fort! Can't wait! :goodvibes

momoffive
07-05-2008, 01:40 AM

That will happen, just give it time.
Loretta

Us3
07-05-2008, 04:50 PM
**Don't watch if you have never attended MNSSHP and don't want it spoiled!**

For those of you who have been....I apologize in advance for getting this song stuck in your head again! hehe ;)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN....BOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkwavQno3Q

Ah, I can't wait until October!! :goodvibes

Pirate-Jeff
07-05-2008, 05:06 PM
US3

Thanks a lot.....

I hope you're camping next to us the last week of Oct. I am going to play "it's a small world" all night on the outside speakers just for you

Us3
07-05-2008, 05:11 PM
US3

Thanks a lot.....

I hope you're camping next to us the last week of Oct. I am going to play "it's a small world" all night on the outside speakers just for you

:lmao:

ftwildernessguy
07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Jim......man you think of ALL the good scams!!!!:worship: :thumbsup2

I'm just making plans for my retirement.

VACAMPER
07-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I wanna go!!!!!

Us3
07-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I wanna go!!!!!

You and Ami could caravan down and take the kiddo's trick or treating! :thumbsup2

VACAMPER
07-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I would do it and i don't think my kids would complain about the drive. We're trying to plan for Oct. 09. We want to stay at least 10 days but as the kids are getting older its getting harder to keep them out of school for more than a week. To hard to catch back up. Hmmmmm, maybe i should homeschool.

Us3
07-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I would do it and i don't think my kids would complain about the drive. We're trying to plan for Oct. 09. We want to stay at least 10 days but as the kids are getting older its getting harder to keep them out of school for more than a week. To hard to catch back up. Hmmmmm, maybe i should homeschool.

I understand! We are keeping dd9 out of school for a week in October. Halloween falls on a Friday this year...so its food for thought! :)

~Kristina~
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm hoping to be there from Oct 19-25.

bradisgoofy
07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
We aren't camping, but will be at SSR the 17th to the 25th to celebrate me being able to order off the seniors menu.

OK GRUMPY
07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I understand! We are keeping dd9 out of school for a week in October. Halloween falls on a Friday this year...so its food for thought! :)

We use to do that when my ds was younger but when he got into the later years it was difficult for him to make things up. It's kinda crazy but the teachers would give him his assignments for the week and he usally would get them done before we even got to FW.

PolynesianPixie
07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
You and Ami could caravan down and take the kiddo's trick or treating! :thumbsup2

Sounds good to me!

tungpo1
07-09-2008, 09:31 AM
I need to make my reservations but I should be there:thumbsup2

ftwildernessguy
07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Due to my exclusion from this event, I am revoking my open invitation for Kungaloosh. The event to take place at the Kiwi will be by invitation only.

VACAMPER
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Do you need my address for the invitation list?

ftwildernessguy
07-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Do you need my address for the invitation list?

Not necessary. Consider yourself invited.

2goofycampers
07-09-2008, 01:44 PM
The event to take place at the Kiwi will be by invitation only.

Can I come, I'll bring my own cup?
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/CampnDenise/mug.gif

ftwildernessguy
07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Can I come, I'll bring my own cup?
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/CampnDenise/mug.gif

You, too, are now on the list.

Gatordad
07-09-2008, 02:08 PM
When are you going? We might be there, but at another hotel, and won't be able to drive over.. I'll talk it up about how cool it will be that we are going, but then be a no-show.

ftwildernessguy
07-09-2008, 02:10 PM
When are you going? We might be there, but at another hotel, and won't be able to drive over.. I'll talk it up about how cool it will be that we are going, but then be a no-show.

15-25 October.

RvUsa
07-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Jim, May I be put on the list for NEXT October kungaloosh privileges??? I finished all of mine off this weekend, but I did introduce at least 15 people to the wonders of your amazing drink.... :worship::worship:

BigDaddyRog
07-09-2008, 03:26 PM

Your just not into virtual gatherings as much as some people!!!!:confused3

ftwildernessguy
07-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Jim, May I be put on the list for NEXT October kungaloosh privileges??? I finished all of mine off this weekend, but I did introduce at least 15 people to the wonders of your amazing drink.... :worship::worship:

You will be the first on the 2009 list. With the upcoming death of the Adventurer's Club, we need to get as many people introduced to the Kungaloosh as possible.

momoffive
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I guess I need to start making Kungaloosh so I can make it in October. This weekend will be the first time maybe, having some of the neighbors over, so I'll give it a try.

Ami, I hope you think about coming down with the kids, would love to meet you. We'll be pulling the kids out for 3 days. They have a Fall break Thurs, Fri, Mon and Tues. They will miss Mon-Wed we come home on Sunday and they will still have 2 more days off. This is the last year for Fall break, I don't know what we'll do after this. I am not a fan of hot summer vacations.

I am sooo looking forward to the Fort on Halloween. So are the kids. They have already started to plan their costumes. They don't change much from year to year, only 1 or 2 changes out of 5. Makes shopping easier.
Loretta

PolynesianPixie
07-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Due to my exclusion from this event, I am revoking my open invitation for Kungaloosh. The event to take place at the Kiwi will be by invitation only.

Can I come? I come with my own Magic Bullet!

PolynesianPixie
07-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I guess I need to start making Kungaloosh so I can make it in October. This weekend will be the first time maybe, having some of the neighbors over, so I'll give it a try.

Ami, I hope you think about coming down with the kids, would love to meet you. We'll be pulling the kids out for 3 days. They have a Fall break Thurs, Fri, Mon and Tues. They will miss Mon-Wed we come home on Sunday and they will still have 2 more days off. This is the last year for Fall break, I don't know what we'll do after this. I am not a fan of hot summer vacations.

I am sooo looking forward to the Fort on Halloween. So are the kids. They have already started to plan their costumes. They don't change much from year to year, only 1 or 2 changes out of 5. Makes shopping easier.
Loretta

I would LOVE to come down! I don't know if we can swing it, but I'll surely see what I can do :goodvibes

We4mickey
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
What day are you all thinking about? We were supposed to be down the 19th-31st, but may be tweaking it and not be down until the 23rd.

Gatordad
07-09-2008, 08:16 PM
now that Brett retired, your year pretty much ends when the brewers are eliminated.

momoffive
07-09-2008, 09:03 PM
What day are you all thinking about? We were supposed to be down the 19th-31st, but may be tweaking it and not be down until the 23rd.

Right now I have planned the 27, just because of our reservations so far. Of course there can be other meet and greets also. I hope you can make it. Looks like your time line will put you there around the same time. I think someone suggested a pot luck and chairs what ever you can bring along, place to be determined, of course I offered our site, I just don't have a whole lot equipment yet, we are slowly building, and DH isn't going to try to bring the pop-up again.
Loretta:3dglasses :yay:

Gatordad
07-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Right now I have planned the 27, just because of our reservations so far. Of course there can be other meet and greets also. I hope you can make it. Looks like your time line will put you there around the same time.
Loretta:3dglasses :yay:

did you hit a slot machine? There are a lot of 7's in your signature.

momoffive
07-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I wish... My luck came on the same day I delivered all 4 of my babies who happen to be 7 now plus big sis who is 9.
Loretta

Gatordad
07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
congrats.... we had ours one at a time and it was rough.... I take my hat off to 4

ftwildernessguy
07-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Can I come? I come with my own Magic Bullet!

You, too, are now on the list.

momoffive
07-10-2008, 01:08 PM
congrats.... we had ours one at a time and it was rough.... I take my hat off to 4

Thanks...Its been one **** of a ride but I wouldn't change a thing. Not something I would recommend or anything, but still I wouldn't change a thing. Are you coming in Oct? I need a babysitter.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :laughing:

ftwildernessguy
07-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks...Its been one **** of a ride but I wouldn't change a thing. Not something I would recommend or anything, but still I wouldn't change a thing. Are you coming in Oct? I need a babysitter.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :laughing:

Just mix em up a Kungaloosh and put in 4 straws. In a few minutes, they won't need a babysitter.

momoffive
07-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Just mix em up a Kungaloosh and put in 4 straws. In a few minutes, they won't need a babysitter.

Sounds promising....:rotfl:

tungpo1
07-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Some pics of last years Halloween

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Halloween%2007%20at%20the%20Fort/Picture084.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Halloween%2007%20at%20the%20Fort/Picture085.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Halloween%2007%20at%20the%20Fort/Picture086.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Halloween%2007%20at%20the%20Fort/Picture091.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb201/tungpo1/Halloween%2007%20at%20the%20Fort/Picture098.jpg

We4mickey
07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
now that Brett retired, your year pretty much ends when the brewers are eliminated.

Come on now, give the guy a chance. You will look when we are in the Super Bowl!

We may have to adjust our dates because my Dsis and Dbil bought this last week. Now we are leaving the pop up at home and all going down together. Do you think it will be worth losing a few days?

on july 5th of 2008 we traded in our truck camper and picked up an '07 jayco seneca... sorry it is the only photo i have right now. yes, it did fit in our garage :).

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/142256seneca-thumb.jpg

car-pooling to the fort is going to be different now.. last year we drove 5 adults, 3 dogs and 1 cat in our truck with our camper on and my sisters pop-up in tow...

ok, here are the inside photos of our new (slightly used) seneca. :goodvibes

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/142256cab-thumb.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/142256couch-thumb.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/142256kitchen-thumb.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/142256seating-thumb.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/142256fridge-thumb.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/142256shower-thumb.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/142256bed-thumb.jpg

4mickey2
07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
alright so, not only did we get told that we are going to disney in october by we4mickey ;) .

but, we also get told that we are driving :idea: , they are riding with us :rolleyes2

and they aren't going to even take their pop-up.. meaning they plan to sleep in our rig... :confused3

it's a good thing they are paying for the whole trip :lmao:

Pirate-Jeff
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
alright so, not only did we get told that we are going to disney in october by we4mickey ;) .

but, we also get told that we are driving :idea: , they are riding with us :rolleyes2

and they aren't going to even take their pop-up.. meaning they plan to sleep in our rig... :confused3

it's a good thing they are paying for the whole trip :lmao:

You could tow thier pop-up with that. I'am sure there is a hitch on the back. or are you giving them the "BIG BED" and you are sleeping on the dinette:rotfl2:

4mickey2
07-10-2008, 07:05 PM
i was just thinking they should buy the golf cart and we would tow that instead :goodvibes

we bought the camper.. i think that would be alright :rolleyes: .

but, it has to be a really cool :cool1: cart. not just a plain old fort one :)

keylime359
07-14-2008, 08:47 PM
We will be there Oct 23-27th in a cabin. DD 11 would love to make friends! I think we will be at MNNSHP on the 26th. Any thoughts on Hoop De Do?

4mickey2
07-14-2008, 11:21 PM
We will be there Oct 23-27th in a cabin. DD 11 would love to make friends! I think we will be at MNNSHP on the 26th. Any thoughts on Hoop De Do?

now that would be a blast.. have the whole group go to the hoop dee doo one night :dance3: :banana: :confused3

i know what it was like when just my family went.. boy, would we get kicked out....:yay: :yay:

BigDaddyRog
07-14-2008, 11:24 PM
RvUsa was just mentioning doing this in Oct 2009....it would be a really good time!

momoffive
07-14-2008, 11:44 PM

What night were you thinking? My DH and I were just discussing which ressie we wanted Hoop, BBQ, or Luau while we are there, that is if we can get reservations this close. It would be cool with a group.
Loretta

keylime359
07-15-2008, 08:04 AM
What dates are best for everyone? We are there from the23-27 with MNNSHP on 26th. My vote would be either 23, 24, or 25th. How fun would that be? As a backup, if we can't get in we could try for a hayride. I think it is a special Halloween one!

momoffive
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
We don't get in until the 25. Haven't decided if we will pull out of here on Friday and stay off site somewhere then a quick trip in on Saturday or leave very early Sat and get in in the afternoon. My vote is the sooner ther better...Fridday leave. I still have ADR to make for the rest of the week. 2 down. Our Anniversary dinner is at Teppan Edo in Japan on the 30th. Any reviews? LeCellier was booked.
Loretta

tungpo1
07-15-2008, 10:40 AM
I need to make my reservation this week.

keylime359
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
We went to Teppan Edo for Candlelight prosessional last year. It was really good. It had just reopened (last year) within the last month I think. It was fun to watch them do the show while cooking. I know what you mean about La Cellier. In June I made late lunch ressies because I could not get in for dinner and that worked out. I will call today and see what the books look like for hdd as that may dictate what day we go!

tungpo1
07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Tried to get my reservation for Oct (Halloween time) but there are all booked any suggestions?

Us3
07-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Sent you a pm....also, maybe Rhonda can help? :confused3

ntsammy5
07-15-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm officially boycotting this thread. I'm coming in mid-November. I'm also boycotting the December thread! :lmao:

tungpo1
07-15-2008, 03:49 PM
:cool1: I'm "IN" Oct 26-Nov2 but I'm going to have to modify my arrival to Oct 30th at least I'm in :cool1:

momoffive
07-15-2008, 09:59 PM
:cool1: I'm "IN" Oct 26-Nov2 but I'm going to have to modify my arrival to Oct 30th at least I'm in :cool1:

Add your name to the Oct calendar. :banana: dancing for you!
Loretta

Us3
07-16-2008, 02:19 PM
So much for a group Haunted Hayride! :rolleyes: That would have been fun! It has been replaced with Haunted Carriage Rides.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm

keylime359
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Of course it changes why make $8pp when you can make $60 for three. Gotta love Disney. That would have been so fun for the kids to be together on the ride. I guess we could do a regular hayride together, or watch a movie?popcorn::

ftwildernessguy
07-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm officially boycotting this thread. I'm coming in mid-November. I'm also boycotting the December thread! :lmao:

I gave up on this October thing when everybody started planning things for AFTER I leave. I can take a hint.

g8trmom1
07-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Lucky duck!:banana:

keylime359
07-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Jim,
Not to be a thread killer, but is your Kiwi a pop up? If so how long does it take to set up? Maybe you would let DH look at it when we get to the Fort? I have never seen the inside of a pop up and I think that is all we can tow. We are in a cabin in Oct.

Jim and everyone else: Do we want to look into HDD for Oct 24th? I can call but I need to know what time and what date. If there is enough of us maybe we can get group seating?

OK GRUMPY
07-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Of course it changes why make $8pp when you can make $60 for three. Gotta love Disney. That would have been so fun for the kids to be together on the ride. I guess we could do a regular hayride together, or watch a movie?popcorn::

Don't they do the Hay ride so you can see the Wishes Fireworks or hey maybe we could meet up and watch the wishes form the Beach?
We would need to get there early to secure seats, so the Kungaloosh would have to be pre-maid and in something to stay COLD so it stays GOOD! Or we could make a run back to the Campsite to refill our MUGS.
Oh MY! I am so ready!

Us3
07-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Don't they do the Hay ride so you can see the Wishes Fireworks or hey maybe we could meet up and watch the wishes form the Beach?
We would need to get there early to secure seats, so the Kungaloosh would have to be pre-maid and in something to stay COLD so it stays GOOD! Or we could make a run back to the Campsite to refill our MUGS.
Oh MY! I am so ready!

This is another reason golf carts are sooo nice at FW...if you need to go back to the campsite for a quick refill! :rolleyes1

We arrive on the 25th. I'm still trying to get FtWildernessGuy and Gal to extend their stay....dh and I have always wanted to meet them. For some reason they want to leave when the rest of us are arriving! ;)

I'm thinking there may be several meet and greets....since everyone is arriving at different times. I'm looking forward to the late night golf cart centipede runs and plenty of Kungaloosh! :thumbsup2

the5coops
07-16-2008, 09:05 PM
I gave up on this October thing when everybody started planning things for AFTER I leave. I can take a hint.

We will be there when you are and would love to meet you!

Shelley

keylime359
07-16-2008, 11:22 PM
What is Kungaloosh?:confused3

Doggiesluvdisney2
07-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Yea another party!!!!
Count us in too. We will be there for Halloween week also, so where and when and we are there!!!!
I will as you already guessed, bring the jello shots,:banana:

stacktester
07-17-2008, 05:07 AM
I'm looking forward to the late night golf cart centipede runs and plenty of Kungaloosh! :thumbsup2

Um excuse me but that's already been done. Find something more original. No golf cart centipede unless the fab 4 are there. If I hear of any GC centipede going on without me I'll call security. :rotfl2:

stacktester
07-17-2008, 05:09 AM
What is Kungaloosh?:confused3

I'll tell you exactly what it is. It's something that starts off nice and smooth but bites you later. If you're not careful it doesn't feel good the day after.:lmao:

Trust me, I know first hand.

ftwildernessguy
07-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Jim,
Not to be a thread killer, but is your Kiwi a pop up? If so how long does it take to set up? Maybe you would let DH look at it when we get to the Fort? I have never seen the inside of a pop up and I think that is all we can tow. We are in a cabin in Oct.

Jim and everyone else: Do we want to look into HDD for Oct 24th? I can call but I need to know what time and what date. If there is enough of us maybe we can get group seating?

The Kiwi is a hybrid - fold down "tent" ends on an otherwise hard sided trailer. Stop by when we are there and we'll show you if you are interested. I also mix a mean Kungaloosh, so if you are curious about that, I can hook you up.

RvUsa
07-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Um excuse me but that's already been done. Find something more original. No golf cart centipede unless the fab 4 are there. If I hear of any GC centipede going on without me I'll call security. :rotfl2:

Who exactly are the "FAB 4"?

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Ringo George John and Paul.

RvUsa
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I wish you hadn't said that, I HATE THE BEATLES!!!! Besides, aren't most of them dead already?

tungpo1
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm going to need someone to pick me up at my campsite and give me a ride to the parking lot to get my cart Oct 30th anyone?

stacktester
07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Ringo George John and Paul.

The fab four is Gatordad, AuburnJen, Tungpo and me. Only I won't be driving a cart lmao. I'll be mixing Kungaloosh in the passenger side.

jrandtysmom
07-17-2008, 01:32 PM
The fab four is Gatordad, AuburnJen, Tungpo and me. Only I won't be driving a cart lmao. I'll be mixing Kungaloosh in the passenger side.

So should I even come to the fort in Oct? If I can't be in the "cool" group, ie. the Fab 4, will I have any fun?

tungpo1
07-17-2008, 01:36 PM
You will have tons of fun:cool1:

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
So should I even come to the fort in Oct? If I can't be in the "cool" group, ie. the Fab 4, will I have any fun?

STeve is also part of the fab 5.

Soni, when they open the books, I'll see that you get your button.

jrandtysmom
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
STeve is also part of the fab 5.

Soni, when they open the books, I'll see that you get your button.

Awww shucks. Thanks Gatordad :thumbsup2 If Donnie is on the voting committee I doubt he'll welcome me though so you'll have to override his vote, I think I hurt his feelin's when I laughed about his trailer. :rotfl2:

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Donnie is not one of the heads of the 5 families.

Us3
07-17-2008, 02:10 PM

Halloween is on a Friday:banana: ...why don't you guys come down at least for a long weekend? :goodvibes (this smiley is for you Gatordad)

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 02:13 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh I turned into a pillar of salt.

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 02:17 PM

I feel as if I am a sack of potatoes

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
You didn't even stay at the Fort, how could you be yappin? You can be the red-headed stepchild.

BigDaddyRog
07-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I feel like a sack of something too!!!!

Gatordad
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Buy 'em by the sack.

http://www.whitecastle.com/_assets/images/food/menu/hamburger_lg.jpg

PolynesianPixie
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
You didn't even stay at the Fort, how could you be yappin? You can be the red-headed stepchild.

Already am that

4mickey2
07-17-2008, 05:07 PM
So much for a group Haunted Hayride! :rolleyes: That would have been fun! It has been replaced with Haunted Carriage Rides.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm

where does it say no hayrides.. it looked like they still do the wagon ride?? or am i missing something..

i would be in for a dis-board hay/wagon ride...... who's bringing the kungolash>>> :cool1:

Us3
07-17-2008, 05:22 PM
I think they are still doing the hayrides....just not the special haunted hayride. But hey, we're up for a wagon ride! :thumbsup2

keylime359
07-17-2008, 06:01 PM
I think they stopped the haunted hayride, they still have regular hayrides. If we do that I'm in! Well, I'm off for a early weekend. I'm flying to Orlando to meet my best friend who just had her first baby. :yay: I'm on duty so she can sleep! See ya all on Tuesday!

momoffive
07-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Counting down. I'm doing the budget now and I am hoping I can keep the reservation for the GC too. Our camping with MNSSHP only trip has turned into an 8 day stay 7 day park passes, meal plan and GC rental. Might be the last trip for a while. Looking into reservations and such for eats. What time would we all meet up? Because of the time of year and MNSSHP goers I was thinking ahead possibly a mid day gathering. You may end up rolling into the MNSSHP. Just a thought. Looking forward to meeting everybody.
Loretta

Pirate-Jeff
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm going to need someone to pick me up at my campsite and give me a ride to the parking lot to get my cart Oct 30th anyone?
Are you checking in on the 30th? We will be at AK that day but could pick you up around 5 or 6 pm before we head to the MNSSHP
I just installed a trailer hitch on my Golf cart so I can haul our cart trailer to our site before I park the MH in front of it. There is no backing a 12' trailer in with a 40' MH

stacktester
07-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Are you checking in on the 30th? We will be at AK that day but could pick you up around 5 or 6 pm before we head to the MNSSHP
I just installed a trailer hitch on my Golf cart so I can haul our cart trailer to our site before I park the MH in front of it. There is no backing a 12' trailer in with a 40' MH

What, is Ron too good to ride the internal bus now? :rotfl2:

Pirate-Jeff
07-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Slacktester

I just reported you as MIA

clkelley
07-23-2008, 08:33 PM
What, is Ron too good to ride the internal bus now? :rotfl2:

Yeah, what he said

keylime359
07-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey everyone! Wow, am I glad my DD is older now! I got up with the baby every morning around 3 or 4 and spent an hour feeding and what not. But he is so cute! Momoffive I don''t know how you did it with 4 at once! You are a superhero. Have we come up with any ideas for a date? I like the mid day idea personally. How many of us are doing MNNSHP on Sun?

momoffive
07-27-2008, 11:19 PM
We go Sunday, MNSSHP, and we have appointments at the BBB in DTD at 12:30 for the girls x 3.We will be calling for the rest of our dining reservations in the next couple of days so we'll try to get an idea as to which days we'll be around.
Loretta

Feeding time and diaper time at our house was never boring! They were fed every 3-4 hours with each feeding time taking @ 2+ hours to get all 4 done at night, and during the day all 5. Sleep? no, that first year is a complete blur.

keylime359
07-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I did BBB with DD on Mother's Day. She loves Hannah Montana so that is what we did. The look on her face was priceless. All day CM kept asking her for her autograph and so on. I hope she wants to be HM for Halloween since we have the whole get up already.

keylime359
07-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Sorry to cut off so abruptly DH was yelling "hurry come out to the dock" I thought one of the puppies fell in or something, Turns out all of the fish had babies and they are jumping around out there. There must have been 500. No need for a fishing pole, just use the pool net for dinner:thumbsup2
Anyway did you make your ADR for your trip? I am gettin so excited I saw our blow up Halloween Mickey in the garage today and was giddy!

Us3
07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I am gettin so excited I saw our blow up Halloween Mickey in the garage today and was giddy!

I was watching one of these on ebay...but let it go when it went over $120! :eek:

Pirate-Jeff
07-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I was watching one of these on ebay...but let it go when it went over $120! :eek:

I think I paid $20.00 for mine in Pigeon Forge TN at the pottery outlet. Maybe I should sell mine on ebay for a nice profit it's still in the box.

Us3
07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I think I paid $20.00 for mine in Pigeon Forge TN at the pottery outlet. Maybe I should sell mine on ebay for a nice profit it's still in the box.

No kidding! This one was an 8 foot tall Frankenstein inflatable Mickey.

Pirate-Jeff
07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
No kidding! This one was an 8 foot tall Frankenstein inflatable Mickey.
Mine is a dracula/vampire-mickey 8' tall

keylime359
07-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Mine was like $20 as well. If I see one i'll grab it for ya. It is vampire Mickey!
I was hoping to find a Minnie or Tink as well.
Maybe for the kids we should start a seperate thead for them to meet so they know each other before the trip! But... not if it cuts into my computer time.:surfweb:

Us3
07-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I think these are last year's Gemme inflatables. I bet once the new 2009 inflatables come out...I'll be able to get a better deal! :thumbsup2

I'll have dd9 (almost 10 as she says), dd4 and dd2 there. And dh is turning the BIG 4-0 on Oct 31st...we're looking forward to a FUN trip! :woohoo:

Gatordad
07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
the Gator clan is achin to be there..... Eli Manning will be there as well.

keylime359
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM
The more the merrier!
I see you are from Ga. I was BEGGING DH to move to Alpharetta as recently as Jan. We were there when it snowed. It was so pretty! That was the first time I ever saw snow. I was loving it. We were there in Nov as well and the leaves were perfect! I can hold out hope that I will get there someday.
Gatordad how old are your kids?

Us3
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
the Gator clan is achin to be there..... Eli Manning will be there as well.

Aaahhhh! :sad2: (I hope we kick their butt on Nov 2nd...but it only counts in the play offs right??)

Bring the Gator clan to the Fort for trick-o-treating!

Us3
07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
The more the merrier!
I see you are from Ga. I was BEGGING DH to move to Alpharetta as recently as Jan. We were there when it snowed. It was so pretty! That was the first time I ever saw snow. I was loving it. We were there in Nov as well and the leaves were perfect! I can hold out hope that I will get there someday.
Gatordad how old are your kids?

We moved here 2 years ago from Dallas. I really like it here. Lots of house for the money and good jobs in the Alpharetta and North Atlanta area. If you are still on the fence about moving...you can't beat the schools here in Forsyth county. It was a good fit for us! :thumbsup2

Gatordad
07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I have a dd 10, nsds 7 and according to Kelly, "gatorbaby" is almost..... we want to hang with my new Myspace friend and her hubby as he crosses the platau into 40dom....... I recently made the jump last year, so I will coach him into middle age.....

keylime359
07-28-2008, 10:45 PM
The schools were certainly a draw. The biggest thing is that we could get a bigger house, and actually get in insured. (It's a Fl/Hurricane thing) Were you in Dallas Ga or Tx? My parents were looking into Dallas, Ga. The thing that sruck me most was how friendly everyone was up there.

Gatordad
07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
can we crash at your dojo in Estero?

keylime359
07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
OK, I give up what is nsds? Gabriella was be so happy to have friends at the Fort! Did you see they are raising prices on tix again? At least I will still have the Disney Dining Experence when we get there. That has paid for itself and then some.

Us3
07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
The schools were certainly a draw. The biggest thing is that we could get a bigger house, and actually get in insured. (It's a Fl/Hurricane thing) Were you in Dallas Ga or Tx? My parents were looking into Dallas, Ga. The thing that sruck me most was how friendly everyone was up there.

Ah sorry...Dallas, TX. It was pretty much a vertical move as far as jobs go...but we really liked the size and traditional style of houses here. Check out the CRCT test scores from the past few years. I'm really happy we moved up to this area...its a bit further out...but great schools and NO crime.

And to keep on topic...only an 7.5 or 8 hour pull to the Fort! :thumbsup2

keylime359
07-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Dojo? Dude, yous speakin another language!

keylime359
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh yes, on topic... Do you think the kids will want to do a scavenger hunt? We could have them go from campsite to campsite looking for clues? It could be Halloween, Fort, or Disney related... Keep thm busy

BigDaddyRog
07-28-2008, 10:58 PM
NSDS = Not So Darling Son?

Gatordad
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Dojo? Dude, yous speakin another language!

It's like a house, or place of hangin out.

ftwildernessguy
07-29-2008, 08:08 AM
It's like a house, or place of hangin out.

Take it to email.

OK GRUMPY
07-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh yes, on topic... Do you think the kids will want to do a scavenger hunt? We could have them go from campsite to campsite looking for clues? It could be Halloween, Fort, or Disney related... Keep thm busy

That sounds like so much Fun. We will be there we don't have any young ones. I could help out with a scavenger hunt!

Us3
07-29-2008, 08:43 AM

The older kids would really enjoy this. If you can come up with some savy clues...I could print them on lime green Mickey ears and laminate them. If you want, pm me and we'll talk about it. I'm going to figure out our "schedule" for Disney this week...but we do plan on spending A LOT of time around the Fort!

Gatordad
07-29-2008, 09:01 AM
NSDS = Not So Darling Son?

dang man, you are good.

tungpo1
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm ready to go!!!! "ARE WE THERE YET"

keylime359
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
The plan is in motion for a scavenger hunt for theGG in October. Any thoughts or suggestions please speak now!

clkelley
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I have a copy of the PassPorter Treasure Hunt book. (I helped test a lot of the questions). Not sure how much of it is on the Fort. But I'll look through it and let you know. And I'll bring it with me.

keylime359
07-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Awsome! Thanks to you!

seabee
07-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Ok, you guys are killing me. First we were staying at the fort 18-26th. Then we changed our ressies because of gas prices, then DH went and decided to loose a kidney and we thought the trip was scrapped all together.:sad1: Then it was on again, and now with all this talk of a get together and scavenger hunt, I WANT TO BE THERE!!!! So, I will be calling tomorrow to see if I can get a ressie(again) and we will change our dates to include the 27th.:sad2: It is a sickness, I swear.:sad2: If I can't get a ressie at the fort, maybe I can move our dates around at SOG so that we can still come over and see you all.

Us3
07-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Ok, you guys are killing me. First we were staying at the fort 18-26th. Then we changed our ressies because of gas prices, then DH went and decided to loose a kidney and we thought the trip was scrapped all together.:sad1: Then it was on again, and now with all this talk of a get together and scavenger hunt, I WANT TO BE THERE!!!! So, I will be calling tomorrow to see if I can get a ressie(again) and we will change our dates to include the 27th.:sad2: It is a sickness, I swear.:sad2: If I can't get a ressie at the fort, maybe I can move our dates around at SOG so that we can still come over and see you all.

I hope you guys can make it Nicole!!

jrandtysmom
07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Was a date actually picked for the GG? As of now we aren't staying at the Fort so what night should I come over? We are planning on doing Halloween night for the Trick-o-Treating unless everyone is getting together a different night?

keylime359
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
My vote would be for Saturday. We are going to MNSSHP on Sunday as are alot of other people. We leave Monday AM. Second choice would be Friday.

momoffive
07-31-2008, 12:19 AM
We check in on Saturday the 25. We plan to do half the drive in Friday night after the kids get out of school. We go to MNSSHP on Sunday also and we have BBB that afternoon too. I would be game for Saturday. It would start our week off meeting lots of Dis friends. How do you do a scavenger hunt? Nicole I do hope you can make it. Would having it on the 25 help?
Loretta

jrandtysmom
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
We don't get there till Sunday late afternoon. If you do it on Saturday we'll miss it. :sad1:

keylime359
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
I thin we are going to mae green hidden Mickeys and give clues to find them. I am working on trying getting permission from the Fort to hide them all over. (so they don't throw them away thinking they are garbage) I am also trying to see if they will give us goodies for the kids because there are so many of us. I have a call in and am waiting to hear back. I will keep everone updated. If you want you can PM either myself, Sonya or Goofy if you have any questions!
I am going to try to extend out the vacation one more day so everyone can come but I am not sure if that it feasible.

momoffive
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Love the hunt idea. Do you need any help? As soon as I re-ink the printer, I can help print off then have them laminated.
Loretta

keylime359
08-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry it's been awhile, I had sugery so Ive been out of it. But, now I am back (sort of) I really appriciate the offers of help! I say let's make it a group effort! What I need now is an idea of how many children we will have. I am trying to get "treats" and I need to give an approx number.

momoffive
08-06-2008, 06:27 PM
My avitar says it all. 5 on my end princess: princess: pirate: pirate: princess: . What time do the kids trick or treat on Halloween at the Fort, anybody know? We were planning a half day at AK that day so we don't miss activities at the Fort. How many should we anticipate? If we are out with the kids what do we do? I was thinking of the treat bags in a basket with a message, like we do here at home. Any suggestions would be great.
Loretta

keylime359 I hope you are feeling better soon!! I would love to help. I have already started packing for the trip. The dollar store has Halloween stuff out already. I've been shopping.:laughing: :banana:

Pirate-Jeff
08-07-2008, 12:03 PM
My avitar says it all. 5 on my end princess: princess: pirate: pirate: princess: . What time do the kids trick or treat on Halloween at the Fort, anybody know? We were planning a half day at AK that day so we don't miss activities at the Fort. How many should we anticipate? If we are out with the kids what do we do? I was thinking of the treat bags in a basket with a message, like we do here at home. Any suggestions would be great.
Loretta

keylime359 I hope you are feeling better soon!! I would love to help. I have already started packing for the trip. The dollar store has Halloween stuff out already. I've been shopping.:laughing: :banana:

They kids start TorT just before dark.

last year we had over 200 kids stop by--we were in the 700 loop/at the
marina end.

lots of people move the picnic table to the front of there site and set out bags or candy on it

Stop by we will be giving out microwave popcorn (the Halloween packets)

Us3
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
We have 3 kiddo's...one older and two younger. They are really looking forward to the trick-o-treating! I just told dd9 about the scavenger hunt and she is excited to meet other Fort kids.

Keylime, I hope you're feeling better soon. I'll email you with my contact info, so lets talk when you're up for it!

momoffive
08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
They kids start TorT just before dark.

last year we had over 200 kids stop by--we were in the 700 loop/at the
marina end.

lots of people move the picnic table to the front of there site and set out bags or candy on it

Stop by we will be giving out microwave popcorn (the Halloween packets)

I really am getting excited about our trip. A little disappointed that we won't be bringing the pop-up, but it worked last year with the tents. The kids talk about their costumes everyday. The girls have 2 to bring, one for MNSSHP and one for TorT at the Fort. We will definitly stop by. I hope to meet up with you at our meet and greet.
Loretta

keylime359
08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, I went to the Disney Character Warehouse by my house today and gave the manager my number. I asked her to call me if she got in any inexpensive treats for the kids. I told her what it was for and she thought it was cute. I told her ballpark 30-ish kids.
I am so bumming we can't get in for Halloween! Even if we could get in, DD can't miss that much school.
Thank you for the well wishes, I had an ultrasound today and (both) surgeries were a sucess! :thumbsup2 My veins were not working correctly and I was losing circulation so I had to do something. When I fell and knocked myself out that was the last straw! But, I got the A-OK today so it's back to work and planning for Disney!

seabee
08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Is this still happening on the 27th? What are the plans? We are suppose to be leaving on the 27th, but I am going to try and extend a day so that we can come and meet everyone. I never get to come to any gatherings, and it will drive me nuts to know we were that close to being able to. We aren't staying at the fort this time, but we definately want to come over. Is it too late for my kids to join the scavenger hunt? I have 2. I can bring something.

keylime359
08-17-2008, 10:16 PM
What do you think your dats will be? Are you adding the day at the start or the end? We have not set a date yet. Of course they can come the more the better! I am trying to get Disney to give us something :laughing: we will see. I just booked the Halloween Pirate Cruise for Gabriella on the 23rd. It is for kids only over at the Poly. I got an ADR for DH and I to have a date while she is on that!:love: It seems like a lot of people are going to MNNSHP on Sunday. PM me if you want

keylime359
08-17-2008, 10:22 PM
This is what works for us:
the 24th whenever
the 25th late moring or early afternoon
the 27th before 3:00

seabee
08-17-2008, 11:00 PM
We are doing MNSSHP on the 21st. I was going to stay an extra day and check out the 28th instead of the 27th. But from what I can see we can do whatever on the 24 or 25. If the 27 is chosen we will try to extend. Is the scavenger hunt still happening?

momoffive
08-18-2008, 12:27 AM
We are doing MNSSHP on the 21st. I was going to stay an extra day and check out the 28th instead of the 27th. But from what I can see we can do whatever on the 24 or 25. If the 27 is chosen we will try to extend. Is the scavenger hunt still happening?

We check in on the 25. We are headed to MGM and we have to set up. The 26 is open for us in the early afternoon before the MNSSHP. We have 12:30 appt at BBB at DTD and off to MK for 4 pm. We have ended up filling our week with parks and ADRs but I still plan to come back for a meet and greet gathering. Looking forward to meeting everybody!!! Did y'all see Rog's design on the other thread, it is great. How to identify others while at the Fort...
Loretta

seabee
08-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Does anyone care to be the decider and pick a date? I think the 26th or 27th would be good for us. I know Sonya gets there on the 25th so we want to wait for her.

keylime359
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I think the Sunday would be perfect. The party is that night and we will be taking it easy anyway. Maybe around noon? I think everyone will be there then.

Us3
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Ok, so does Sunday, Oct 26 work for everyone for the scavenger hunt?

Us3
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Maybe we can get some pictures on the porch too! :thumbsup2

seabee
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Works for me. Noon? Do I need to bring anything? Do you need anything for the hunt?

bradisgoofy
08-20-2008, 12:10 AM
We are doing MNSSHP on the 21st....Oh my gosh, we are doing MNSSHP the exact same day ! :cool1: But we are leaving on the 25th.

seabee
08-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Bummer that you're leaving. Maybe we'll see eachother at the party. I'll be the frizzy(gotta love the humidity)redhead grinning from ear to ear because I'm there.

momoffive
08-20-2008, 12:44 AM
The 26 sounds great. I have reservations for the girls at BBB at DTD at 12.30, so we will miss if I can't reschedule for an earlier time. DH and the boys should be around if he doesn't take them fishing, doubt it but you never know. I hope you all are still around when we get back. They said it will take about an hour, and their appointments are at the same time. Making my call early tomorrow.
Loretta

keylime359
08-20-2008, 06:58 AM
What time do you think they will be done at BBB?
Let's start a clue of the day for the hunt. I loved the suggestion of putting the clues on lime green mickey heads. What should our first clue be?

tungpo1
08-20-2008, 04:15 PM
This Halloween GG is taking too long, I'm leaving now and camping in the parking lot until my arrival date LOL

2goofycampers
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
This Halloween GG is taking too long, I'm leaving now and camping in the parking lot until my arrival date LOL

Know how you feel, we are waiting for Oct. 2009

Us3
08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
What time do you think they will be done at BBB?
Let's start a clue of the day for the hunt. I loved the suggestion of putting the clues on lime green mickey heads. What should our first clue be?

I hope you guys are better at this than I am! :confused3 I'm happy to print the ears and laminate them...but I'm terrible about coming up with the clues! :rotfl:

Us3
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Also, we're happy to host an adult beverage and snack get together after the trick-o-treating is over on Oct 31st. We plan on taking our little one's trick-o-treating and then back to the camper for a gathering if anyone is up for it! :thumbsup2

seabee
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
What kind of clues do we need to think of? Where will we be? What area will the hunt be covering?

ntsammy5
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Know how you feel, we are waiting for Oct. 2009

Me too!

But I will be there in November 2008

keylime359
08-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Well, I think that we should do between 12 and 15 clues. I would love to see them go around the Trail's End area beach and all but I am not sure if that is feasable. Do you think people would take the clues? We could send up a runner one clue ahead to keep an eye on it. Do you think that is too much trouble? I think easy clues like listen for the toot toot of a special boat to a special kingdom. (Marina) What do you all think?

seabee
08-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Hmmm, this may be difficult. But I will think of what I can.

jrandtysmom
08-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry I've lost the way here. What day is this GG planned for?

Us3
08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
So far, there has been talk of organizing a scavenger hunt for the kids on Oct 26th. And I've offered up our site on Oct 31st after trick-or-treating!
(honestly though, if you drive by and we're home, stop by for a cold one!)

jrandtysmom
08-21-2008, 10:34 AM
So far, there has been talk of organizing a scavenger hunt for the kids on Oct 26th. And I've offered up our site on Oct 31st after trick-or-treating!

Well we arrive on the 26th so not sure we'll be able to make that one but I'd love to come on the 31st.

tungpo1
08-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Also, we're happy to host an adult beverage and snack get together after the trick-o-treating is over on Oct 31st. We plan on taking our little one's trick-o-treating and then back to the camper for a gathering if anyone is up for it! :thumbsup2

I'm there:thumbsup2

seabee
08-21-2008, 12:36 PM

Man, now I wish our dates were different. Trick or treating at the fort would be fun. If I changed it too much though I would never get any dining ADRs.:confused3 Guess I will just have to wait until 2009.

Us3
08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Man, now I wish our dates were different. Trick or treating at the fort would be fun. If I changed it too much though I would never get any dining ADRs.:confused3 Guess I will just have to wait until 2009.

Man, I really wish you guys were going to be there on Halloween! (no pressure:rotfl: ) My plan is to trick-o-treat with the kiddo's and then back and put my youngest ones down and then time to party! Now if we can just get Amanda and Ami to car pool with the kids down to the Fort for an extended weekend! :thumbsup2

VACAMPER
08-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Oct. 09:thumbsup2

momoffive
08-22-2008, 12:29 AM

There is hope ...we just booked the last of our ADRs at the end of last week. We even got LeCellier for our anniversary on the 30th. It's a late lunch, but that is where we wanted to be, and they had several lunch openings, I was shocked. The only reservation that we compromised on was Wispering Canyon, had to opt for an early morning breakfast on the 26 before we head out to BBB at DTD. But you know, no pressure, can't wait to meet you all. Would love to stop by after TorT. My kiddos are so excited. School starts Monday and my DS wants to know when his first vacation day is.

Us3
08-22-2008, 09:23 AM
There is hope ...we just booked the last of our ADRs at the end of last week. We even got LeCellier for our anniversary on the 30th. It's a late lunch, but that is where we wanted to be, and they had several lunch openings, I was shocked. The only reservation that we compromised on was Wispering Canyon, had to opt for an early morning breakfast on the 26 before we head out to BBB at DTD. But you know, no pressure, can't wait to meet you all. Would love to stop by after TorT. My kiddos are so excited. School starts Monday and my DS wants to know when his first vacation day is.

Is your school strict on the attendance policy like our's is? I haven't decided on my approach with the school yet. :confused:

Are you still thinking of changing your dates Nicole?:yay:

keylime359
08-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Speaking of school... I am not sure how I am going to let her teacher know either. In October it's not a huge deal because they have off Friday and Monday. She is missing Thursday. But, we are going in december as well and she will miss 2 days then. I guess I will just ask for make up work and say EPCOT is educational.:thumbsup2 What have you all done in the past?
On a side note. I am so bummed today. I thought we found a used Yukon Denali for our future TT and it had this whole fancy towing package with engine coolers and everything! Well, I held my ground with price and lost it this morning. We were $500 apart. We don't have a TT yet but this was the first part! It towed something like 8000lbs so I was so excited! I bet the guy who bought it won't even appriciate the towing stuff:mad:

4mickey2
08-22-2008, 06:36 PM
alright, it sounds like you guys have a plan for the 31st.. right now we will be heading out on the 31st. let's set up another day to get together for those who might not make the 31st.

we can do it at our site (if you want)..

i believe we are there from october 19th to the 31st.

so, pick a day. we4mickey what day do we have dinner resies?? :rolleyes:

keylime359
08-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Are we having a scavenger hunt on Sunday the 26th?

momoffive
08-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Is your school strict on the attendance policy like our's is? I haven't decided on my approach with the school yet. :confused:

Are you still thinking of changing your dates Nicole?:yay:

Our kids have off for Fall break Oct 30, 31, Nov 3 and 4. They will only miss 3 days this year, the 27-29 and still have 2 days off to relax before they go back to school. Last year we pulled them out for a week. My oldest is in 3rd this year and the quads are in 2nd. I don't think they will miss much. Last year we told the teachers ahead of time and they each were given an educational report to bring back. We did incorporate things like biology, "look at that lizard, what does it eat? How long can we hold it before we have to go to the BR? The Physics of the roller coasters why does your head get pushed against the seat? Math was telling time, how long did we wait for each ride and money, how much do we have left?" See you can make an argument easy, just have to know how to present it. We really wanted to see the Space Shuttle, but it was delayed and when it did land I think we had ADRs. In all seriousness, we did take the opportunity to teach things as we went :teacher: , how can you not learn things while in Epcot, AK and all about movies at MGM, MK was all about fun though.
For us, a family of 7, Fall is less expensive and we do need to keep a budget in mind. I don't think we could afford a prime time vacation, plus I am not one for extreme heat. DH still shaking his head over me taking our window AC with us to VA to camp at the end of July.

keylime359:
Are we having a scavenger hunt on Sunday the 26th?

I will try to get in touch with you this week. I couldn't change their BBB times but we will meet up for a little while. I can still help with the hunt.

Loretta

Us3
08-29-2008, 02:17 PM
http://www.disunplugged.com/2008/08/28/halloween-decorations-at-the-magic-kingdom/

Anyone else getting excited??:banana:

ntsammy5
08-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Nope, cause I'm not going until NOVEMBER!

We are doing the first MVMCP though! (have I got the might number of Ms there?)

tungpo1
09-06-2008, 05:57 PM
I will be driving up the motor home and cart with just the kids Thursday Oct 30th. Wife is going to fly into Orlando airport from Ft Lauderdale Friday 31 after work. Does anyone know if Disney will pick her up from the airport or is there another better way. Any suggestions will be very helpful.

ntsammy5
09-06-2008, 05:59 PM
I will be driving up the motor home and cart with just the kids Thursday Oct 30th. Wife is going to fly into Orlando airport from Ft Lauderdale Friday 31 after work. Does anyone know if Disney will pick her up from the airport or is there another better way. Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Yeah, sure. She cn use Magical Expres. I forget the telephone number, but it's free and they will deliver any luggage she has with her. It's a great service. Rhonda can give you details.....

g8trmom1
09-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Well it looks like the Gatorclan will be there as well for Halloween weekend!! :cool1:

Rhonda
09-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Yes, she can use DME! Just call Disney CRO and give them your reservation number, and let them know which airline she'll be using and her flight number. :)

Us3
09-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Well it looks like the Gatorclan will be there as well for Halloween weekend!! :cool1:

:woohoo:

Chris, is Megan going to dress up? Cassie has found all sorts of costumes she likes but I'm trying to get her to do something "Disney". Maybe HSM??

g8trmom1
09-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Megan is going to dress up...not sure what. She's not into HSM at all....Peter is going to be Darth vader, again.

Gatordad
09-06-2008, 06:20 PM
wait 'til you see my costume. i might get points

tungpo1
09-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the info I will call. It should take less then a hour
flight:thumbsup2

Us3
09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm going to dress up as a parent, lol. Too many kids to get ready! :confused: Any chance you're gonna be Princess Leia Chris? hehe

Tungpo, you can take video of your cart passing ours in the unhitch area if you'll give us a ride on your cart! :lmao:

tungpo1
09-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Done deal.:thumbsup2

momoffive
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Hey Pete, my DH is looking forward to meeting another Gator fan. He is watching the game now. He turned down grad school there so he could stay with me in PA. Ain't that sweet. Really looking forward to meeting up with some DisBoarders.
Loretta

Rhonda
09-06-2008, 08:35 PM

hmmm....I might just have to be there!!

seabee
09-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm going to dress up as a parent, lol. Too many kids to get ready! :confused: Any chance you're gonna be Princess Leia Chris? hehe

Tungpo, you can take video of your cart passing ours in the unhitch area if you'll give us a ride on your cart! :lmao:

Wear a camera around your neck and go as a tourist!

Gatordad
09-06-2008, 11:24 PM
hmmm....I might just have to be there!!

d'oh

des1954
09-07-2008, 06:16 AM

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm going to dress up as an old beer drinking woman! Oh...wait.... DUH!!

Gatordad
09-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey Pete, my DH is looking forward to meeting another Gator fan. He is watching the game now. He turned down grad school there so he could stay with me in PA. Ain't that sweet. Really looking forward to meeting up with some DisBoarders.
Loretta

hes a good man.

momoffive
09-11-2008, 02:00 AM
****Bump**** Time is getting close
-OK So far we have the 26th around noon for a scavenger hunt? Who's in? We have BBB at 1230.
-Meeting after Trick or Treat at Sonya's? We'll stop by to meet up for a few minutes, 5 kids can crash a party real quick. I will bring something. Just looking forward to meeting up with y'all.
-I am way too excited about this trip, and of course getting to meet some of you guys too. I talk about it more than the kids do. That's bad isn't it? We set up and cleaned the tents last weekend and I should have a pretty good plan for set up this time. Need to get a couple of air mattresses though. The pop-up is staying home , we want to make it to FL without any drama this year.

keylime359
09-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Since we seem to be the ones that are messing up the scavenger hunt because of the dates, I think that you all should move it later in the week so more people can participate.Gabriella did not know about it so she won't be disapointed. I am not sure what cabin we are in but stop by and say hi!

Us3
09-12-2008, 06:51 PM
-Meeting after Trick or Treat at Sonya's? We'll stop by to meet up for a few minutes, 5 kids can crash a party real quick. I will bring something. Just looking forward to meeting up with y'all.

We're looking forward to meeting you! My little ones (4 and 2) will go to bed, but my dd9 will be happy to meet you're kids and hang out!

Since we seem to be the ones that are messing up the scavenger hunt because of the dates, I think that you all should move it later in the week so more people can participate.Gabriella did not know about it so she won't be disapointed. I am not sure what cabin we are in but stop by and say hi!

I know that Nicole and family will be leaving on the 27th, so we can all get together for a visit on the 26th if you like! Maybe we can do a quick geo-cash (gps treasure hunt) for the kids that are there! :thumbsup2

tungpo1
09-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Well it looks like we are not going to make it in Oct:sad2: :sad2: Too many things going on, getting ready to move up to Donnies neck of the woods soon.

Gatordad
09-17-2008, 03:27 PM
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

tungpo1
09-17-2008, 04:22 PM
I never had to cancel before!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its hard when the kids get into middle school, they cant take much time off. I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momoffive
09-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I second that. We were looking forward to meeting you.
Loretta

BigDaddyRog
09-17-2008, 10:08 PM
I never had to cancel before!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its hard when the kids get into middle school, they cant take much time off. I'm pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ppppppffftttt....just have em drop out, this is DISNEY, MAN!!!!!!!!!;)

momoffive
09-17-2008, 10:57 PM
What about you Rog. quick trip to let the kids have the BEST time trick or treating ever?:rotfl:

BigDaddyRog
09-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Its SOOOOO friggin tempting...but Its just too far for a weekender. You guys have a great time though!