PDA

View Full Version : dining plan and deluxe dining plan?

Grace and Mickey
06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Could some one explain the difference between the two dining plans? I am very:confused3 about counter service, table service, 3 meals a day? Sorry I just CAN'T figure out the diiference on my own:confused: THANK YOU for the Help!! I really appreciate.

TDC Nala
06-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Basic dining plan: For each night of your stay, 1 TS credit, 1 CS credit, 1 snack credit. TS meals do not include appetizers for age 10 and up.

Deluxe dining plan: For each night of your stay, 3 meal credits that can be used for either CS or TS, 2 snack credits, plus 1 refillable resort mug that can be used throughout your stay. TS meals DO include appetizers for everyone.

If you are a party of two staying 4 nights on the basic plan, when you check in you will be issued 8 TS credits, 8 CS credits and 8 snack credits. You may use these in any combination over the length of your stay. All credits must be used by midnight of your checkout day or they will expire.

If you are a party of two staying 4 nights on the deluxe plan, you will be issued 24 meal credits and 16 snack credits that you can use in any combination over the length of your stay. The credits expire at midnight of your checkout day.

Grace and Mickey
06-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Basic dining plan: For each night of your stay, 1 TS credit, 1 CS credit, 1 snack credit. TS meals do not include appetizers for age 10 and up.

Deluxe dining plan: For each night of your stay, 3 meal credits that can be used for either CS or TS, 2 snack credits, plus 1 refillable resort mug that can be used throughout your stay. TS meals DO include appetizers for everyone.

If you are a party of two staying 4 nights on the basic plan, when you check in you will be issued 8 TS credits, 8 CS credits and 8 snack credits. You may use these in any combination over the length of your stay. All credits must be used by midnight of your checkout day or they will expire.

If you are a party of two staying 4 nights on the deluxe plan, you will be issued 24 meal credits and 16 snack credits that you can use in any combination over the length of your stay. The credits expire at midnight of your checkout day.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: YOU'RE WONDERFUL:thumbsup2 H ave you used either of the plans? We are a family of s even 6 adults, and 1 child under 3. Hoping to go in Sept 2009, Thanks again.

TDC Nala
06-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I used the dining plan a couple of times prior to 2008. The plan was only split into basic and deluxe as of 2008. I don't use it anymore. I'm single and only paying for one adult to eat. It was worth it for a time when the tip was included. Now that the tip is not included, and I like 2-credit restaurants, it's better for me to pay on my own.

The way to see if you want it is to check the menus (you can find menus at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm

and see if it's worth it for you to have your TS meals prepaid. With a party of mostly adults, it is the TS meals that will make or break you on the dining plan.

You may also want to wait and see if the plan specifics get changed for 2009. There were changes made between 2007 and 2008 that most think were drastic.

mickeynut1
06-14-2008, 04:17 PM
As a pp has given the details of each plan, I won't go into that but just wanted to say that we LOVE the basic DDP (haven't had a chance to try the DlxDDP yet). The basic plan is plenty for our family of 4 (me, DH, DS13, DS15), but I am tempted to try the deluxe plan one of these times ::yes::. There are a few signature TS restaurants I'd like to try, but don't really want to use 2 credits when on the basic plan :confused:. We use the TS at dinner since that's the best bang for your buck, but there are also 2 or 3 breakfast buffets/character meals we like to do as well, but we pay OOP for those since it's cheaper than paying for a dinner OOP :goodvibes. Plus we usually buy the refillable mugs for each of us, so we may make out better getting the DlxDDP (since the mugs are included), but it just seems like soooo much food, as I only have coffee (maybe a muffin a day or two) for breakfast, don't eat lunch, and then eat dinner; although my two DSs usually take care of all the credits I don't use.....so there probably wouldn't be a waste of any credits :laughing:. The dining plan isn't for everybody, but our family can't go to Disney without it because it is beneficial for us all the way around (even with the appetizer and tip taken out of the plan) :cutie:.