PDA

View Full Version : Kevin - Your Review on the Wave

ericafny
06-13-2008, 07:57 PM
I really enjoyed it! I am someone who looks to eat organic and healthy whenever I can. I am glad Disney has a restaurant on property with a different menu that is reasonably priced! You have inspired me to make an ADR for lunch for our upcoming trip! Also thanks for mentioning that there are vegetarian options as well in your review. Us veggie heads always have a hard time finding something interesting to eat:idea:

choirboy501
06-14-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm glad that Kevin's review allowed him to introduce the ideas of sustainability, seasonality and locality, which I think a few folks are unfamiliar with. He mentioned that the chef at Jiko had that in mind in dropping monkfish from the menu - I hope more of the chefs at the Signature restaurants on property follow this trend.

Launchpad11B
06-14-2008, 07:39 AM
We have ADRs in August for the Wave. The review was reassuring. Thanks Kevin.:thumbsup2

Northern_Julie
06-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Changed one of my ADRs for October. Local produce is a novel concept for me and I am trying to eat organic as much as possible.
I am curious if how the menu will change seasonaly to reflect what is available...or is everything on the menu available year round in Florida?

djlexus
06-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Guys I just ate at the wave on Kevins review. Besides the fact that they dident have the grilled cheese sandwiches which the waitress kept going on about :-(. Everything was incredible. I had the filet and i gotta tell ya best cut of beef i ever had. I had the seasonal soup it was butternut squash soup it was great. The pot pie my brother had was amazing. The desert selection is out of this world I love the way they do it they give u three small deserts. U can chose one of the pre made setups or pick u own three out of the bunch. We had the cheesecake the blueberry gelato and the pineapple bites with vanilla sauce. I have tyo say this place was amazing and the fact that everything we had was organic made it even better. I will defiantly be going back in the weeks to come.

~Fisharefriends~
06-15-2008, 01:05 AM
i really enjoyed the review, im so glad disney is becoming more enviromentally aware, its certainly going to be on my list of places to try

IWISHFORDISNEY
06-15-2008, 08:27 AM
The menu sounded gross but the review sounded wonderful so we will have to try it out this year.