PDA

View Full Version : (Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Diva of Dragons
06-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Greetings Wizards!

This space is being provided to assist you along the way as you navigate your wizard training! Have fun and try not not yourself, or each other!pixiedust: ;)

TIP: Don't get carried away! I have too many quests in my book right now. I went exploring and took on a bunch. It can get overwhelming. So many minions, rotting fodders etc... to defeat, so little time! Take it slow & easy! LOL!

HELP!: I need to find Dorothy Gale's friends, in their houses, on Unicorn Way. There is only 1 house with the blue light on but I can enter it. I did report it as a bug. Has anyone else had this problem?:confused3

Diva of Dragons
06-14-2008, 02:38 AM
Yes, I'm bumping my thread...LOL!

Actually, Coriander...Since Bob is the same level as me, maybe he can answer my question above!:)

BobRichmond
06-14-2008, 11:55 AM
...TIP: Don't get carried away! I have too many quests in my book right now. I went exploring and took on a bunch. It can get overwhelming...
I had 10 open quests in my book last night. Went through and knocked it down to 4. Good thing about the game is most quests have 1 task at a time. After that is done you have to ask for the next task. In conjunction with this tip I would suggest finishing an area before moving on to the next.
.HELP!: I need to find Dorothy Gale's friends, in their houses, on Unicorn Way. There is only 1 house with the blue light on but I can enter it. I did report it as a bug. Has anyone else had this problem?:confused3
Stuck at that same point.

I also am having problems finding ANY of the books of knowledge in the quest given to you by the librarian.

FlyingPegasus
06-14-2008, 12:43 PM
I tried to log in and my character is gone! :( :( It is acting like I am new.

I don't want to start over!

Has this happened to anybody else?

I sent an e-mail to the support team. I will let you know what they say.

cdog12
06-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Help i can;t find the smiths i need to find it is my last quest before i go on to a new area :(

Diva of Dragons
06-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I had 10 open quests in my book last night. Went through and knocked it down to 4. Good thing about the game is most quests have 1 task at a time. After that is done you have to ask for the next task. In conjunction with this tip I would suggest finishing an area before moving on to the next.

I also am having problems finding ANY of the books of knowledge in the quest given to you by the librarian.

1) Yeah, I have 13 right now and they are all over the place, so I need to clean it up!!

2) I found one in Lady Blackhope's house on Unicorn Way. To the right, after you walk n the door.

I tried to log in and my character is gone! :( :( It is acting like I am new.

Yikes!!! I hope you found yourself!!

Help i can;t find the smiths i need to find it is my last quest before i go on to a new area :(

Have you found any of them? Do you know what they look like? I found the first one by accident, so I knew what to look for. Hint: Look on all the grassy areas in the places they they should be. Run behind tents, houses, trees etc.. They are tiny men, wearing red jackets or vests.

aengus
06-14-2008, 08:39 PM
sorry but i think this qualifies as help :rotfl:

can you all tell me who the email came from that sent you the info that let you into the game? I want to be sure it didnt get caught up in my spam filter @_@

Diva of Dragons
06-14-2008, 08:56 PM
sorry but i think this qualifies as help :rotfl:

can you all tell me who the email came from that sent you the info that let you into the game? I want to be sure it didnt get caught up in my spam filter @_@

I sent you a PM.:)

ETA: Dang! You're quick!!

aengus
06-14-2008, 08:57 PM
thank you :)

and GRRRR :rotfl:

BobRichmond
06-15-2008, 12:48 AM
...I found one in Lady Blackhope's house on Unicorn Way. To the right, after you walk n the door...
Will have to go back and check it out, since that is the only boss battle I have won so far. EDIT: Got it.
...Have you found any of them? Do you know what they look like? I found the first one by accident, so I knew what to look for. Hint: Look on all the grassy areas in the places they they should be. Run behind tents, houses, trees etc.. They are tiny men, wearing red jackets or vests.
By tiny she means waist height. They also do not have a name over them. Just get close enough to them and a task complete message comes up. The easiest to find is just behind the golum tower.

bevgray
06-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Hooray! I finally just got my second email and will now be able to join the rest of you wizardlings. I'll look forward to starting play this evening.

Name on Wizard 101 - Tinkerblue (of course).

Don't worry, Out, Jade will still be sailing the Caribbean. Oh good, TWO games with which to keep up.

BobRichmond
06-16-2008, 02:02 PM
...I finally just got my second email and will now be able to join the rest of you wizardlings. I'll look forward to starting play this evening...Name on Wizard 101 - Tinkerblue (of course)...
...Don't worry, Out, Jade will still be sailing the Caribbean. Oh good, TWO games with which to keep up.
Just update the Wizard title thread once you choose a title for your in-game character. Mine is Robert IceCaster of the School of Ice.

I don't know how much I'll be playing PotCO, now I got involved with Wizard101. I have computer problems with both games and still trying to get those straightened out.

BobRichmond
06-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Besides not being able to get to Dorothy's Friends on Unicorn Way (this is a known bug by the Wizard's team), I have now run into another problem that is keeping me from finishing Cyclops Lane. I, with the help of another player, beat General Akilles (the boss) and I now have to find the children he had captive. When I beat him I got the book of knowledge and another room seemed to open up, but there was nothing in that room that seemed to lead to the children. I know I probably will have to fight him again, but if anyone has got past this point could you please give me a hint on at least where to go to further this quest.

OctoPie
06-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Besides not being able to get to Dorothy's Friends on Unicorn Way (this is a known bug by the Wizard's team), I have now run into another problem that is keeping me from finishing Cyclops Lane. I, with the help of another player, beat General Akilles (the boss) and I now have to find the children he had captive. When I beat him I got the book of knowledge and another room seemed to open up, but there was nothing in that room that seemed to lead to the children. I know I probably will have to fight him again, but if anyone has got past this point could you please give me a hint on at least where to go to further this quest.

this game sounds so much fun!

Diva of Dragons
06-16-2008, 04:50 PM

I'm still working on beating Akilles. I decided to take things area by area, to get some quests completed, if possible. LOL! I finally beat Eyus Maximus with my Troll Minion's help, but I'm having trouble with Akilles.

If we could find a time to meet up, maybe you could help me and we could unravel this mystery together!:thumbsup2

bevgray
06-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Having just started, I'm still finding my way. How do you get training points so that you can start acquiring magic outside of your specialty? I did the Lost Souls quest and while it gave me a little gold and a special card and raised me to level 2, I didn't get any training points. Are these quest based or come at alternate levels?

Thanks.

FlyingPegasus
06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
I got tired of waiting for them to reply to my e-mail, so I just started over.

I was not too far into the game so no big deal.

My big problem now is finding my friends again and getting them back on my friend list.

Not sure what happened to my character, but I was able to use the same title when I started over so I am still: Rowen DragonFlame.

Goofy05
06-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I got tired of waiting for them to reply to my e-mail, so I just started over.

I was not too far into the game so no big deal.

My big problem now is finding my friends again and getting them back on my friend list.

Not sure what happened to my character, but I was able to use the same title when I started over so I am still: Rowen DragonFlame.

Gosh, that stinks, Fly. I'll be glad to add you again! Let me know what day works for you. I can't now, as I don't have it on this laptop, but maybe some day this week we can meet up.

BobRichmond
06-16-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm still working on beating Akilles....having trouble with Akilles...
...If we could find a time to meet up, maybe you could help me and we could unravel this mystery together!:thumbsup2
Well I posted my times for the next 3 days in the title thread.
They are:
Tuesday and Thursday - ~11pm ET
Wednesday - probably 11:30pm ET or maybe later

I try to cut off by 2am, but may be a little ealier if just standing waiting.

BobRichmond
06-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Having just started, I'm still finding my way. How do you get training points so that you can start acquiring magic outside of your specialty? I did the Lost Souls quest and while it gave me a little gold and a special card and raised me to level 2, I didn't get any training points. Are these quest based or come at alternate levels?...
I am not sure, but do know they come slowly. I am a level 9, have beat the bosses in Golem Tower / Unicorn Way / Cyclops Lane, and have only got 1 training point. However you will get some persistent spells from completing quests and some treasure cards (1 time spells) also.

Diva of Dragons
06-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Well I posted my times for the next 3 days in the title thread.
They are:
Tuesday and Thursday - ~11pm ET
Wednesday - probably 11:30pm ET or maybe later

I try to cut off by 2am, but may be a little ealier if just standing waiting.

OK, right now, it looks like I can be on Tues. at 11 pm your time. Meet me in front of Bartleby!!:thumbsup2

Anyone else who can show up, please do! We can get on our lists!!

BobRichmond
06-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know the Dorothy Friend's quest on Unicorn Way is fixed now. You can enter the house with light on that you couldn't before. Talk to Mr. Toto and then return to Dorothy to complete the quest. You will get gold, experience, and Ruby Slippers from completing the quest.

Diva of Dragons
06-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Got it! Yay! I can't believe I'm down to 2 quests in my book right now! One of them I might need help with. If anyone is on the "Grubb" quest, let me know.

I seem to be done with Wizard City, for the most part. All the streets etc.. Now, I'm deciding what school to use my training points in. Hmmm...:)

AZCat
06-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Let me know if you'd like some help on the Grubb quest. Not an easy thing and it definitely helps to get a few players together.

Diva of Dragons
06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Let me know if you'd like some help on the Grubb quest. Not an easy thing and it definitely helps to get a few players together.

Thanks! We'll need to figure out a time. I'm off tonight until at least 11pm (PDT). Tomorrow, I can be on during the day bit, then will be out in the evening again.

I tried it once with 1 other person but the first battle, I kept getting the damage, and my heal card wouldn't come up.:(

Goofy05
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Gosh! I'm like SO far behind everyone! I just today finished asking the trees for history! LOL
Can someone tell me the point to the schools? I have not been to class yet. Also, the dorms. What is their purpose?
Thanks!

BobRichmond
06-19-2008, 12:29 AM
...Can someone tell me the point to the schools?...
...Also, the dorms. What is their purpose?...
Each school has different spells that you can get free as you progress. That said the different schools spells all seem to do about the same damage. However what really makes a difference is the enemy you are against and the type of spells they have. If the enemy is the same type of magic user as you they probably have a block shield against your magic. However if they use different magic most likely they will not be able to block yours. That being said when you get to the point that you want to gang up on an unknown enemy it might be best to have members of different schools with you.

The dorms have a single purpose and that is to bank your extra items. You can only carry so many of each type of item (I think it is 8 or 10). Also there are items you will get that only other schools can equipt, so no sense in carrying them. Hopefully at some point (or maybe even now unbeknowst to me:confused3 ) we will be able to give or trade away items we don't need. We can sell the unneeded items now, but you do not get much for them.

Dreamytime
06-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Where is the Smith in The Commons?

Diva of Dragons
06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Where is the Smith in The Commons?

I won't tell you directly, yet. Just be sure to run around ALL the grassy areas: behind houses, tents, trees etc... You'll find him.

HinT: Everyplace, in that area, that you don't have to take a tunnel to is considered part of the Commons.

Dreamytime
06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I won't tell you directly, yet. Just be sure to run around ALL the grassy areas: behind houses, tents, trees etc... You'll find him.

HinT: Everyplace, in that area, that you don't have to take a tunnel to is considered part of the Commons.

Well...I have looked and can't find.
Toward which section of the map? Unicorn? Shopping?

Cardinal
06-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Has anyone seen the hidden cave in the commons? Creepy!

I'll give you a hint as to where it is ;)

So, who loves the minigame fairegrounds? I sure do!

poohluv2u
06-19-2008, 06:14 PM
The game is downloaded but when I sign on I get this message

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/cantconnect.jpg

Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Aengus I need you signed up so you can write a "How to" for me. :confused:

Diva of Dragons
06-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Well...I have looked and can't find.
Toward which section of the map? Unicorn? Shopping?

Notice, I mentioned tents;)

AZCat
06-19-2008, 08:27 PM
The game is downloaded but when I sign on I get this message

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/cantconnect.jpg

Can anyone tell me what I need to do? Aengus I need you signed up so you can write a "How to" for me. :confused:

I was having problems like this. Not sure if you have a firewall on your computer or not but my setting was changed to not allow the wizard client to connect to the internet. A quick permission change and I was back in the game. Hope that helps.

Peri
06-19-2008, 10:48 PM
As usual stupidest question in the world is here.

I saw a bunch of dis folk tonight - and I made friends with Toy and with a nice person named Morgan (who would that be??)

But I can't Speak!! I only have this largish menu of preset statements...

I appreciate some guidance on this.

Also I have three special cards one time cards - how do I get them to come up when I am in battle? I bought one and earned two others.

The end of my questions for now

Sophia Wintercoin - House of Myths

Chedstro
06-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey welcome Peri, Morgan Mistcaster would be me Mrs. Toy, :rotfl2: Happy to get you on our lists. :hug:

To answer one question ( I am so lame at this) To chat with regular words, first click on enter, then type your words in the bar that appears. You can actually say quite a lot so far, lol.

Hope to see you around a lot!

Diva of Dragons
06-20-2008, 02:26 AM
As usual stupidest question in the world is here.

I saw a bunch of dis folk tonight - and I made friends with Toy and with a nice person named Morgan (who would that be??)

Sophia Wintercoin - House of Myths

Look at the very first post on the "Ravenwood (Wizard 101) Titles Thread". I keep it updated, so we know who we all are! Welcome to the magic party fellow Myther! LOL!

Diva of Dragons
06-20-2008, 03:34 AM
Also I have three special cards one time cards - how do I get them to come up when I am in battle? I bought one and earned two others.

You need to click the book, then your deck of cards. At the top, there are symbols for the different schools and what looks like gold cards (all the way on the right). Click the gold cards and it will shoe your 1 time use "treasure cards". Click on them to add them to your deck.

Disneychick74
06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Having just started, I'm still finding my way. How do you get training points so that you can start acquiring magic outside of your specialty? I did the Lost Souls quest and while it gave me a little gold and a special card and raised me to level 2, I didn't get any training points. Are these quest based or come at alternate levels?

Thanks.

When you "Level up" (Meaning filling you exp.bar) you gain 1 training point and can go back to your school or another professor to get a new spell.
I suggest sticking with your schools spells for now, everytime you lvl you get a stronger spell from them. If you went to one of the other schools you would get a lvl 1 spell that would not do much damage it would be like starting over everytime you go a training point and you will need the stronger spells once you get into the dark caves and their bosses. Lvl 3 Elites.

poohluv2u
06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I was having problems like this. Not sure if you have a firewall on your computer or not but my setting was changed to not allow the wizard client to connect to the internet. A quick permission change and I was back in the game. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much .. that took care of the problem :hug:

Diva of Dragons
06-20-2008, 06:02 PM
When you "Level up" (Meaning filling you exp.bar) you gain 1 training point and can go back to your school or another professor to get a new spell.
I suggest sticking with your schools spells for now, everytime you lvl you get a stronger spell from them. If you went to one of the other schools you would get a lvl 1 spell that would not do much damage it would be like starting over everytime you go a training point and you will need the stronger spells once you get into the dark caves and their bosses. Lvl 3 Elites.

Just to add....the spells from your school do not cost any points. It seems that it's best to choose a secondary school to use your points in. If you use them at a bunch of different schools, you will end up with a lot weak spells. if you use them all in one school, you will build up just like you do in your own.

Cardinal
06-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Oh, I just wanted to add that if you get a good score on the minigames (I know that it's around 5000 in Hot Shots, which by the way is my favorite minigame in the whole wide world) you get four prizes:

1. Mana

2. Gold

3. A robe (armor) or treasure card

4. A treasure card

It's in that order. As for treasure cards, I've gotten anything from a Keen Eyes (0 pip buff) card to a Midnighter (4 pip attack) card.

DA Wiz
06-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Let me give you a tip. Pay attention to the tutorials. I wish I had when visiting the Arena Master. Does anyone remember how to make Power Pips work?

DA Wiz
06-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Help!

I can't seem to get these gold cards to come up in my battle deck. I've selected them from the far right button. They are there, but they never get to me to use in battle. (I NEED more healing spells).

Any thoughts?

LuvN~Travel
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey welcome Peri, Morgan Mistcaster would be me Mrs. Toy, :rotfl2: Happy to get you on our lists. :hug:

To answer one question ( I am so lame at this) To chat with regular words, first click on enter, then type your words in the bar that appears. You can actually say quite a lot so far, lol.

Hope to see you around a lot!

Now i get that option when I have my friends list up. Is it possible with someone not on your friends list yet?
Oh and I finally met one diser, Green Mimi today. Woot! Finally I friend I know! :lmao:
Kim

MPhins13
06-21-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm on the "They're Not Bad..." quest and I need to find Lady Oriel at the Hedge Maze. Where is the Hedge Maze? Is it an actual maze or am I looking for a house? I can't find her.

Goofy05
06-21-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm on the "They're Not Bad..." quest and I need to find Lady Oriel at the Hedge Maze. Where is the Hedge Maze? Is it an actual maze or am I looking for a house? I can't find her.

It's at the very end of Unicorn Way. Yes, in a large house.

aengus
06-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I just finished

saving private O'ryan

ROFL

nice sense of humor :)

Tiggerholic
06-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Can anyone tell me who I can send an email to regarding NOT receiving a 2nd email inviting me to play? I signed up and received my confirmation on May 24th, but have not received anything else :(

:thanks:

sharkm
06-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Help!

I can't seem to get these gold cards to come up in my battle deck. I've selected them from the far right button. They are there, but they never get to me to use in battle. (I NEED more healing spells).

Any thoughts?

I was just going to ask the same question. They are in my deck of cards, but they never show up in battle. Another question. While in battle what is the count down that I see when I am selecting a card. things seem to go so fast that I can not read it all. Lol I know I need new glasses !!!

SorcererRocks
06-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Could someone give me a hint on where to find the Smith in Cyclops Lane? I've been all over and can't seem to find him.

Yvette

Diva of Dragons
06-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Okay I feel like a complete moron. :rotfl2:
How do I figure out what school I'm in? DH hasn't made his character, can he pick the school?
Also, what is a grubb?
Hope to see others in the game soon

1) Not a moron!;)

2) If you took the quiz at the beginning, it told you what school you were suited for. You had option to take it or select one on your own. And, yes your DH can select a school or take the one the quiz recommends.

If you don't remember, let us know your rank; what it says in parenthese under your name on the home screen, and we might be able to tell.

3) Grubb is a who. You'll find out as the game progresses. Nothing to worry about now.:)

Diva of Dragons
06-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Could someone give me a hint on where to find the Smith in Cyclops Lane? I've been all over and can't seem to find him.

I honestly don't remember but, seriously, if yu start at the entrance and just run the perimeter of the area, and search all of the grassy parts, you will find him. Just be sur you are looking behind buildings, tents and trees.

aengus
06-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Can anyone tell me who I can send an email to regarding NOT receiving a 2nd email inviting me to play? I signed up and received my confirmation on May 24th, but have not received anything else :(

I just got my 2nd e-mail yesterday after sending it out when the post first showed up here also. So it's very possible its coming still. You could also go to wizard101.com and write them to inquire if you wish.

I was just going to ask the same question. They are in my deck of cards, but they never show up in battle. Another question. While in battle what is the count down that I see when I am selecting a card. things seem to go so fast that I can not read it all. Lol I know I need new glasses !!!

Yes I am also interested in knowing this. I dont see that card in my deck either when I battle.

BlueSneakerGal
06-22-2008, 08:14 AM

I'm in the same boat...

Yesterday I sent them an email (via the "Support" tab on the home page) and received this response this morning.

We understand your eagerness to be enrolled in Ravenwood & we're quite excited to have you join as well. Please understand, however, this is a Free Beta Test to ensure all our systems are in place for open enrollment to all potential wizards world wide. As such, we are keeping a strict control on the timing of entries at this point and testing all aspects of the school and processes.

Rest assured you are not forgotten nor being cast aside. Your participation in the near term is vital and we will be contacting you to let you know when another class is opened!

Thank you!

Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

I wanna play!! :(

But really nice to get such a quick response!! ::yes::

debbi801
06-22-2008, 12:34 PM

I finally figured this one out. ~woot!~

The treasure cards get loaded into your deck by clicking the gold card from the top row (where it has all the different symbols).

Then, during battle, right click on a card to place it back into the deck. Once you do that, the "Draw" button displays. Click the Draw button and then, one of your treasure cards display.

You can do that all in one turn.

The count down is how long you have to pick a card and enemy; or do the discard/draw/pick new card before your turn ends.

sharkm
06-22-2008, 01:07 PM

The treasure cards get loaded into your deck by clicking the gold card from the top row (where it has all the different symbols).

Then, during battle, right click on a card to place it back into the deck. Once you do that, the "Draw" button displays. Click the Draw button and then, one of your treasure cards display.

The count down is how long you have to pick a card and enemy; or do the discard/draw/pick new card before your turn ends.

Thank you so much. I will try this today as I really need help with those cards.
:worship:

LuvN~Travel
06-22-2008, 01:20 PM

Yes thank you this is good to know! I kept wondering why I couldn't get to the deck during the matches. woot for dis folk!:thumbsup2
Kim

LuvN~Travel
06-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Okay new question: So when can we begin 'training'? I know Professor Snape, uh Professor Drake :lmao: has given me a couple of cards now, but I noticed you mention about training in other houses. How...?;)(BTW, I'm a level eight now if that helps)
Kim

PS Like the new dragon Fly!

MPhins13
06-22-2008, 06:43 PM
It's at the very end of Unicorn Way. Yes, in a large house.

Okay, after I read this I looked and found it. I have no idea how I could have not even looked in this place. Thank you very much.

1) Not a moron!;)

2) If you took the quiz at the beginning, it told you what school you were suited for. You had option to take it or select one on your own. And, yes your DH can select a school or take the one the quiz recommends.

If you don't remember, let us know your rank; what it says in parenthese under your name on the home screen, and we might be able to tell.

3) Grubb is a who. You'll find out as the game progresses. Nothing to worry about now.:)

A Grubb is a who...sounds interesting lol

I'm in the same boat...

Yesterday I sent them an email (via the "Support" tab on the home page) and received this response this morning.

We understand your eagerness to be enrolled in Ravenwood & we're quite excited to have you join as well. Please understand, however, this is a Free Beta Test to ensure all our systems are in place for open enrollment to all potential wizards world wide. As such, we are keeping a strict control on the timing of entries at this point and testing all aspects of the school and processes.

Rest assured you are not forgotten nor being cast aside. Your participation in the near term is vital and we will be contacting you to let you know when another class is opened!

Thank you!

Mr. Lincoln
Ravenwood School of Magical Arts

I wanna play!! :(

But really nice to get such a quick response!! ::yes::

Great customer service unlike some other games I've been playing.

This is very helpful. I was wondering the same thing. I didn't know what I was doing wrong.

Alyce
06-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU ! ! !

That has been driving me crazy ! !

:worship: :worship: :worship: :hug: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:ccat: :ccat: :ccat: :dog2: :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

LittleWoodenHead
06-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Okay new question: So when can we begin 'training'? I know Professor Snape, uh Professor Drake :lmao: has given me a couple of cards now, but I noticed you mention about training in other houses. How...?;)(BTW, I'm a level eight now if that helps)

If you're Level 8, you should already have a Training Point. The first is received at Level 3; the second at Level 10; then every 5 Levels after that. There are also one or two quests that award them.

You spend the Training Point with a Professor from a different School than yours. Just go in to talk to them and select "Train" from the menu. You'll see the spells they have to offer BUT you must take them in order, starting with the first one. After spending the Training Point, the cards for that spell will be able to be added to your deck.

You can spread the Training Points around to the different Schools, but then you'd end up with a bunch of Level 1 & 2 spells in your deck. I think most people invest them in a single other School -- sorta like having a Major (in your case, Myth) and a Minor (in whatever) in school.

DA Wiz
06-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Someone let me know when they get to Krakotopia.
I am really stuck battling the "invisable monsters."

OctoPie
06-22-2008, 09:36 PM

uh how did you finish the other places??!!

Diva of Dragons
06-23-2008, 03:17 AM

I'm fairly far into it already. What seems to be the problem? I'm sure I can help!:)

LuvN~Travel
06-23-2008, 04:26 AM
If you're Level 8, you should already have a Training Point. The first is received at Level 3; the second at Level 10; then every 5 Levels after that. There are also one or two quests that award them.

You spend the Training Point with a Professor from a different School than yours. Just go in to talk to them and select "Train" from the menu. You'll see the spells they have to offer BUT you must take them in order, starting with the first one. After spending the Training Point, the cards for that spell will be able to be added to your deck.

You can spread the Training Points around to the different Schools, but then you'd end up with a bunch of Level 1 & 2 spells in your deck. I think most people invest them in a single other School -- sorta like having a Major (in your case, Myth) and a Minor (in whatever) in school.

Hmmm, odd I don't remember seeing any 'training' points in my stuff, I'll have to go look again. I have received two cards or such from my professor, but even then I don't remember seeing points in my stock.
Another quest to add to my book then!:rotfl2:

Edited to add: Well I went in briefly this morning to look and see and have no experience points or pips either for me yet. Though I show as being level 8.
I know I still have that golem tower quest yet to finish, is that the one with finding the books by chance? Because someone else was telling me about the books and even though I've been in a few places where they were I couldn't access them when I beat that person. Odd...or do I just need to be out there beating more bad guys more and more? lol
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Nevermind!:rolleyes1

LuvN~Travel
06-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Nevermind!:rolleyes1

ROFL!

OctoPie
06-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Hmmm, odd I don't remember seeing any 'training' points in my stuff, I'll have to go look again. I have received two cards or such from my professor, but even then I don't remember seeing points in my stock.
Another quest to add to my book then!:rotfl2:

Edited to add: Well I went in briefly this morning to look and see and have no experience points or pips either for me yet. Though I show as being level 8.
I know I still have that golem tower quest yet to finish, is that the one with finding the books by chance? Because someone else was telling me about the books and even though I've been in a few places where they were I couldn't access them when I beat that person. Odd...or do I just need to be out there beating more bad guys more and more? lol
Kim

you must be a level 5 well you should have gotten a point at level 3 then you earn one at ten then every five levels you should get more points

LuvN~Travel
06-23-2008, 09:23 AM
you must be a level 5 well you should have gotten a point at level 3 then you earn one at ten then every five levels you should get more points

Actually I went up to level 8 yesterday, happened to notice THAT message.;)
(Been known to miss a few...) And when I went in briefly this morning I stopped by all of the professors and the next spells t'o be able learn' that came up were all level 8s) Very odd....
Kim

BobRichmond
06-23-2008, 11:10 AM
It seems I have finished most everything on Wizard City, except for Grubb (and any unknown quests beyond that).

I tried both Grubb and Krock and will continue on in Krock, since it seems easier.

I should do some more exploring on Krock, but have some questions in the mean time. Is there anything on Krock:
- Like the shopping district and if so are the items different?
- Where you can "Bank" items?
- Where you can learn spells (home or other schools)?

BobRichmond
06-23-2008, 11:22 AM
...don't remember seeing any 'training' points in my stuff...
The easiest way to see if you have training points (and a lot of other useful information) is to type "C", which will bring up your character screen. You also can see training points when you train in a non-home school.
...still have that golem tower quest yet to finish, is that the one with finding the books by chance?...
Completely different quest. I am pretty sure the book quest starts by a visit to Ambrose, who tells you to visit a person in the library. That person will tell you to visit all the school professors, then all the school trees, then I think the librarian for the book quest. I would suggest getting that quest now, as to get some of the books you have to fight the boss even if you have already beaten him once.

OctoPie
06-23-2008, 11:27 AM
The easiest way to see if you have training points (and a lot of other useful information) is to type "C", which will bring up your character screen. You also can see training points when you train in a non-home school.

Completely different quest. I am pretty sure the book quest starts by a visit to Ambrose, who tells you to visit a person in the library. That person will tell you to visit all the school professors, then all the school trees, then I think the librarian for the book quest. I would suggest getting that quest now, as to get some of the books you have to fight the boss even if you have already beaten him once.

Bob we need to meet on Wizard101!!! we to do it now I am still stuck in WizardCity wanna meet me in Commons, I jsut entered I won't move. My name is Ian redFlame

LittleWoodenHead
06-23-2008, 11:29 AM
It seems I have finished most everything on Wizard City, except for Grubb (and any unknown quests beyond that).

I tried both Grubb and Krock and will continue on in Krock, since it seems easier.

I should do some more exploring on Krock, but have some questions in the mean time. Is there anything on Krock:
- Like the shopping district and if so are the items different?
- Where you can "Bank" items?
- Where you can learn spells (home or other schools)?
There is a bazaar in the Oasis that is like the Shopping District in Wizard City. I haven't checked their inventory yet to see if anything is different, however. There is also a minigame station in the Oasis, so you don't have to go back to the Fairegrounds to refill your mana flasks.

Your Bank is still in your dorm room. You also go back to Ravenwood to learn new spells. (It's not too time-consuming. The Home button on the map will take you to the Oasis, and it's only a few screens away from there.)

I've just started on Krokotopia. It's certainly more challenging than Wizard City, as all the duels I've had so far involve fighting 2 creatures. (It also doesn't help that I ran into a bug that prevented me from getting my Staff from the Headmaster. I hope they fix that soon.)

As for Sunken City/Grubb: That's going to require some major teamwork, I think. If the first thing you encounter is an unavoidable battle with 3 tough ghosties, I shudder to think what else lies beyond.
:scared1:

LuvN~Travel
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM

Ahhh, that could be it. He has sent me on one book quest, but no more. So I will try visiting him tonight first thing. Those may have been messages I missed lol I don't go in there often, maybe I should.;)

Now...has anyone beaten that dratted golum thing on the first try? That quest hates me! rofl Won't let me use my troll, my pixie card, etc...
Kim

BobRichmond
06-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Bob we need to meet on Wizard101!!! we to do it now I am still stuck in WizardCity wanna meet me in Commons, I jsut entered I won't move. My name is Ian redFlame
Sorry, but was updating titles and did not see this till about 1.5 hours later. Might have some time for meets tonight and will post here if/when I do.

BobRichmond
06-23-2008, 12:58 PM
...He has sent me on one book quest, but no more. So I will try visiting him tonight first thing. Those may have been messages I missed lol I don't go in there often, maybe I should.;)...
...has anyone beaten that dratted golum thing on the first try?...
If Ambrose doesn't have it for you try revisiting the library and see if either of the NPCs there do.

When you finish each area it will send you to notify Ambrose and this is a good time to check if he has any other quests for you.

It took me 4 tries to finish the complete Golem Tower. A rather tough quest that is slightly easier (only slightly and that based on luck of the cards) after you get the healing cards from the Sereph in Unicorn Way.

LittleWoodenHead
06-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Ahhh, that could be it. He has sent me on one book quest, but no more. So I will try visiting him tonight first thing.
IIRC, doesn't the "Library Dues" quest for the Books of Magic begin with one of the guards (either on Unicorn Way or in Olde Towne) asking you to take a book he found back to the library? Then the student wiz there asks you to help research his article by interviewing the Professors & Trees. This track eventually leads you to ask the Librarian for the Books.

Now...has anyone beaten that dratted golum thing on the first try? That quest hates me! rofl Won't let me use my troll, my pixie card, etc...
I can't tell you how many times I was defeated in that tower! I finally put it off until I was Level 10 and had a few more spells in my arsenal. Since it's not a main story quest, putting it off didn't hold me back from accessing the other areas while I grew stronger.

LuvN~Travel
06-23-2008, 02:49 PM
IIRC, doesn't the "Library Dues" quest for the Books of Magic begin with one of the guards (either on Unicorn Way or in Olde Towne) asking you to take a book he found back to the library? Then the student wiz there asks you to help research his article by interviewing the Professors & Trees. This track eventually leads you to ask the Librarian for the Books.

I can't tell you how many times I was defeated in that tower! I finally put it off until I was Level 10 and had a few more spells in my arsenal. Since it's not a main story quest, putting it off didn't hold me back from accessing the other areas while I grew stronger.

Yeah I've had one book I had to search for, probably should've gone back! lol

I also have one of the Seraph cards but like others have mentioned it's in that 'other' deck. lol

And, it is real good to know that stinky golem won't hold me up for now!:rotfl2:
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi All!!

I'm posting this on both threads!

I'd like to try for another meet-up, at Bartleby, at 5:00 pm (PDT) today!

Please join me. I have many of you to get on my list!!

Also, for those of you in Krok, I have finished the first 2 areas, so if you are having trouble, let me know.

Diva of Dragons
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
In the Shopping District there is a store with a paint brush on the sign. You can change your wardrobe colors there and the price is not too bad. However some pieces of clothes only have a limited color pallet for base and trim colors. This is a good way to always have the most powerful clothes and keep them matching somewhat.

On a related note: If you change your clothes based on their powers, which powers do you try to enhance? So far I have gone with clothes that raise my maximum life and mana. Thinking about clothes that raise the attack and defense powers for my school's spells or just my overall attack and defense.

TIP: Many items you will win multiples of, which you know. I had 3 pairs of "Quartermaster's Boots" and they were all different colors. So before you spend money on dyeing, check the individual item colors. But, for the record, my current outfit is like technicolor gone bad! LOL!! I realized I change outfits too often to mess with the color.

I also wear whatever maxes my health and mana. The only time I change is if I am in an area where the enemies use predominantly one kind of magic. I keep the most powerful garments I have found, for each power, in my backpack. I will only use them if they don't take too much away from my health. It really does work.

OctoPie
06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
TIP: Many items you will win multiples of, which you know. I had 3 pairs of "Quartermaster's Boots" and they were all different colors. So before you spend money on dyeing, check the individual item colors. But, for the record, my current outfit is like technicolor gone bad! LOL!! I realized I change outfits too often to mess with the color.

I also wear whatever maxes my health and mana. The only time I change is if I am in an area where the enemies use predominantly one kind of magic. I keep the most powerful garments I have found, for each power, in my backpack. I will only use them if they don't take too much away from my health. It really does work.

I have a robe that resists all school spells and it is blue and white

sharkm
06-23-2008, 10:00 PM
On the quest " He'll let us Pass " How many cyclops do you have to defeat?
I know I have done in about six and nothing about having finished quest.

Also, I don't see any other players anymore. I have been by myself the past two nights.

Chedstro
06-23-2008, 10:42 PM
^^^ In the Cyclops quest, you have to defeat as many as it takes to get the stuff from them. In other words, not all of them are holding the objects you have to collect. I know....sucks doesn't it? Took me forever :rotfl2:

LuvN~Travel
06-24-2008, 04:44 AM
^^^ In the Cyclops quest, you have to defeat as many as it takes to get the stuff from them. In other words, not all of them are holding the objects you have to collect. I know....sucks doesn't it? Took me forever :rotfl2:

Oh I know! I was on one of the screaming banshee quests the other day
and couldn't figure out why the quest didn't end after I beat four of them. It kind of doesn't mention that it has to be the 'right' four!:rotfl2: I just KNOW those cyclops will be a pain when I do get to them....lol
Kim

debbi801
06-24-2008, 07:33 AM
I finally beat Golem Tower! :worship: :banana: It took me getting almost to level 12 (I grew to level 12 right in between the 3rd and 4th floors) and changing my wand. I switched to the wand that shot the blue flames (I'm at work and cannot remember the name of the wand) for 0 manna. The blue flames did a decent job on the guys I was fighting and saved my points so that I could then finish them off with the fire bird spell.

All I have left are the tower bosses in Tritan, Firecat, and Cyclops (Akilles); the magic books; and the Colossus Smith. When does Colossus get unlocked? I'm guessing new quests appear once the bosses are defeated?

Thanks!

ETA: What are the different Realms? I noticed I no longer have Ambrose highlighted in blue. Now that one is back to normal text color and the 2nd Realm (Myth teacher) is highlighted in blue.

Dreamytime
06-24-2008, 08:25 AM
As for Sunken City/Grubb: That's going to require some major teamwork, I think. If the first thing you encounter is an unavoidable battle with 3 tough ghosties, I shudder to think what else lies beyond.
:scared1:

There is a bug when you reach the 4th floor of the house right before you go to battle Grubb where there is a Field Guard and 2 Screamers. The Field Guard will not allow you to magic it. At no time during the match could we magic it, finally after killing the 2 screamers and it didn't allow us to hit it with magic during a couple rounds we just fleed. Team work does help a lot. That is my only Wizard City quest left (Level 21 Pyromancer now) - would love to finish it and get it off my book. Hope the bug is fixed soon.

To answer the question about being a level 8 and not getting level 8 cards in the other houses. You go up a 'school' level with each training point you get and use in a house. For example I am level 21 - meaning I am level 21 within my Pyromancer house, but in the school of Life which I have used my skill points I am only level 8. Hope that makes sense.

OctoPie
06-24-2008, 08:34 AM

That is strange it took me 2 times

OctoPie
06-24-2008, 08:48 AM
There is a bug when you reach the 4th floor of the house right before you go to battle Grubb where there is a Field Guard and 2 Screamers. The Field Guard will not allow you to magic it. At no time during the match could we magic it, finally after killing the 2 screamers and it didn't allow us to hit it with magic during a couple rounds we just fleed. Team work does help a lot. That is my only Wizard City quest left (Level 21 Pyromancer now) - would love to finish it and get it off my book. Hope the bug is fixed soon.

To answer the question about being a level 8 and not getting level 8 cards in the other houses. You go up a 'school' level with each training point you get and use in a house. For example I am level 21 - meaning I am level 21 within my Pyromancer house, but in the school of Life which I have used my skill points I am only level 8. Hope that makes sense.

Don't pay attention to the levels in other schools just your main focus. whenever you get a training point you go to the school that you want you spell in and just look at the spell and if you have the point look on the side it will be red and click that then you have your spell

LittleWoodenHead
06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
There is a bug when you reach the 4th floor of the house right before you go to battle Grubb where there is a Field Guard and 2 Screamers. The Field Guard will not allow you to magic it. At no time during the match could we magic it, finally after killing the 2 screamers and it didn't allow us to hit it with magic during a couple rounds we just fleed.
I'm supposed to meet up with somebody tonight (9:00 EDT, 6:00 PDT) to try and take on Sunken City. I think we could still use another body (or two) so if you're interested, let me know.

Regarding the targeting bug: I've heard that you can target the Field Guard (and any other "non-targetable" foes) by clicking on its title box at the top of the screen if you're using the 2D Combat Display. Maybe I'll get the chance tonight to test that tactic...

I'm still bummed that the staff Headmaster Ambrose awarded me at the completion of the Wizard City quests does not appear in my inventory. I could certainly use the extra firepower!
:furious:

LuvN~Travel
06-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I finally beat Golem Tower! :worship: :banana: It took me getting almost to level 12 (I grew to level 12 right in between the 3rd and 4th floors) and changing my wand. I switched to the wand that shot the blue flames (I'm at work and cannot remember the name of the wand) for 0 manna. The blue flames did a decent job on the guys I was fighting and saved my points so that I could then finish them off with the fire bird spell.

All I have left are the tower bosses in Tritan, Firecat, and Cyclops (Akilles); the magic books; and the Colossus Smith. When does Colossus get unlocked? I'm guessing new quests appear once the bosses are defeated?

Thanks!

ETA: What are the different Realms? I noticed I no longer have Ambrose highlighted in blue. Now that one is back to normal text color and the 2nd Realm (Myth teacher) is highlighted in blue.

Hmm I thought I saw another door on the third floor behind the baddie. Ouch, and I sure hope we're talking US numbering of floors and not European!:rotfl2:

Now when do we get through the hidden door behind the water fall in the commons? Is that supposed to take us to a new realm?;)
Kim

debbi801
06-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Hmm I thought I saw another door on the third floor behind the baddie. Ouch, and I sure hope we're talking US numbering of floors and not European!:rotfl2:

Now when do we get through the hidden door behind the water fall in the commons? Is that supposed to take us to a new realm?;)
Kim

When I battled...
1st floor had one wooden golem
2nd floor had 2 wooden golem
3rd floor had 2 clockwork colem
4th floor had 2 clockwork golem
5th floor had robot(?) golem and I think a clockwork golem.

When I beat the robot and his partner at the top, I completed the quest and the barred doorway opened. When I went through that doorway, I was back outside of the tower. (I hope that makes sense)

OctoPie
06-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm supposed to meet up with somebody tonight (9:00 EDT, 6:00 PDT) to try and take on Sunken City. I think we could still use another body (or two) so if you're interested, let me know.

Regarding the targeting bug: I've heard that you can target the Field Guard (and any other "non-targetable" foes) by clicking on its title box at the top of the screen if you're using the 2D Combat Display. Maybe I'll get the chance tonight to test that tactic...

I'm still bummed that the staff Headmaster Ambrose awarded me at the completion of the Wizard City quests does not appear in my inventory. I could certainly use the extra firepower!

your lucky you finished all the quests :rotfl2:

LuvN~Travel
06-24-2008, 12:02 PM
When I battled...
1st floor had one wooden golem
2nd floor had 2 wooden golem
3rd floor had 2 clockwork colem
4th floor had 2 clockwork golem
5th floor had robot(?) golem and I think a clockwork golem.

When I beat the robot and his partner at the top, I completed the quest and the barred doorway opened. When I went through that doorway, I was back outside of the tower. (I hope that makes sense)

Rats! European numbering then, huh?:rotfl: Just my luck...well it'll be a while before i go back in there. lol
Kim

LittleMermaidsMom
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
I need to take on Sunken City too...I can be on at 9pm EST... if you need an extra, post here and I'll meet up with you.

Thanks!

EmoSpartan
06-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey guys.......i finnally got my 2nd email today but i have a problem everytime i try to load the game the screen goes black then a separate window opens that says error http://i27.tinypic.com/smghg7.jpg this is really frustrating b/c i want to play

Dreamytime
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM

Sure - give me your title. Shelby Nightwalker is me :P Tell me where to meet you. My partner and I would love to help you out. His title is William Nightstrider. We are both level 21 Pyromancers.

I will try that out. :) Makes sense.

Stating the obvious, but you did check your bank in your room right - jic it was stuck there on accident?

Diva of Dragons
06-24-2008, 03:50 PM

This is true!! As a general tip, if not already using it...Go to the options screen and change the "2D Combat Display" to ON. In all battles, you will be able to see how many health points you and the enemy have left and what spells your friends are casting. AND, you will be able target "non-targetable" enemies by clicking their health point banner.

Diva of Dragons
06-24-2008, 03:59 PM

Where are you seeing these? I don't see it?:confused3
Never mind: Just found it!!

I can probably join you. Where are you meeting?

Kim

Some mysteries are meant to be discovered in due time.;)

OctoPie
06-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Where are you seeing these? I don't see it?:confused3
Never mind: Just found it!!

I can probably join you. Where are you meeting?

Some mysteries are meant to be discovered in due time.;)

I would like to join I am ian RedFlame

LittleWoodenHead
06-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I need to take on Sunken City too...I can be on at 9pm EST... if you need an extra, post here and I'll meet up with you.
Sure - give me your title. Shelby Nightwalker is me :P Tell me where to meet you. My partner and I would love to help you out. His title is William Nightstrider. We are both level 21 Pyromancers.
I have no idea how many (or few) there are going to be. If we have too many for one group, I'm sure we can figure something out. Edited to add: I was posting at the same time, Diva and OctoPie. The more the merrier, I say!

Time: 9:00 Eastern/6:00 Pacific
Realm: Ambrose, Area.2

My wizard is Kenneth Dragonheart, Level 16 Pyromancer.
FYI, the wizard arranging the meet is Keelan Ironwalker, Level 18 Conjurer.

Hope to see you there! :wizard:

Stating the obvious, but you did check your bank in your room right - jic it was stuck there on accident?
Believe me, I've checked (and checked, and checked again!) From posts on the Wizard101 message boards, there are quite a few of us having problems with various staffs. Either they don't show up at all -- or they can't be equipped if they do!

DA Wiz
06-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Just a little tip. To get out of Krokotopia and move on to the next
world you are going to have to team up with a friend. Otherwise you will be taking on
4 baddies by yourself. At first I didn't care about friends, now
I pick up as many as I can get. (Thanks, Liam for getting me through
the last qwest).

Actually this was all part of the plan of the KingsIsle designers. I mean
this IS a MMO. What's the point of multiple players if you are not at
an advantage by teaming up.

I'm on to World 3. And believe me you need friends there, it seems as ANY
amount of dueling takes friends, or at least one of the spells which attack
multiple monsters with one thrust.

p.s. Once you get to World 3, you will need to do a lot of shuttling
back to Wizard City and Krokotopia (so you won't get homesick for
your old battlegrounds <grin>)

Good luck to all. If you see me in there, please ask me to be your friend!

Malvin Anvilbreaker
Adept Conjurer
Level 26

FlyingPegasus
06-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I would like to thank Kenneth ThunderCloud, whoever you are, for helping me out in the game last night. It was fun.

I finally got past the first golem quest and was very upset that they wanted to send me back in there to battle again and go to the next floor. It was hard enough getting to the first one. I will try to tackle that once I get more experience, and better spells.

I made it to level 11. I don't know how you all move up so fast. I guess I should concentrate on cleaning up the quests in wizard city before following friends to other lands.

Rowen DragonFlame

(who will always be known as Fly)

aengus
06-24-2008, 05:51 PM
It has been pointed out that when we were accepted for beta we all agreed to not disclose the game mechanics. You can read it on the official forums the whole spiel as for right now, I removed the picture I posted preivously and I would ask you all on a voluntary basis to do the same. Going forward please do not post any pictures from the game and I will be deleting them without notice if they are posted.

For right now feel free to ask for help, but try to keep the game mechanics off discussion as I believe its the game companies intention to keep that as a secret at this point still. Remember it is not a public beta and we were lucky to be invited.

Sorry for the downer :( We can still go about the typical discussions, lets just try not to get ourselves booted from the beta :rotfl:

debbi801
06-24-2008, 06:22 PM
It has been pointed out that when we were accepted for beta we all agreed to not disclose the game mechanics. You can read it on the official forums the whole spiel as for right now, I removed the picture I posted preivously and I would ask you all on a voluntary basis to do the same. Going forward please do not post any pictures from the game and I will be deleting them without notice if they are posted.

For right now feel free to ask for help, but try to keep the game mechanics off discussion as I believe its the game companies intention to keep that as a secret at this point still. Remember it is not a public beta and we were lucky to be invited.

Sorry for the downer :( We can still go about the typical discussions, lets just try not to get ourselves booted from the beta :rotfl:

I wasn't thinking about that. Aengus, if you need me to, I can edit who I battled in Golem Tower, but I can't edit where I was quoted.

LittleWoodenHead
06-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I would like to thank Kenneth ThunderCloud, whoever you are, for helping me out in the game last night. It was fun.
That would be me. :wave2:

ThunderCloud is my second wizard (Storm/Death), whereas DragonHeart was my first (Fire/Life). I wanted to try out a different build and am so far having a great time playing around with their abilities. Maybe it's because I have more experience with the game, but it seems that ThunderCloud is more powerful than DragonHeart was at the same level. He certainly has gotten some cooler clothes. :cool2:

I had a lot of fun fighting alongside you last night, Rowen/Fly. The baddies obviously didn't know what they were in for when they tried to take us on. ;)

Goofy05
06-24-2008, 07:02 PM

I'll delete my pictures. Thanks for the heads up!
The mechanics of the game fly right over my head, Dude. I'm nowhere near where everyone else seems to be! lol I'm still running around the Old Town trying not to accidentally start battles when I'm down to almost dead...heh. Makes me wonder how many hours a day y'all have been playing! Eeek!

Diva of Dragons
06-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Makes me wonder how many hours a day y'all have been playing! Eeek!

Yeeaahh, this game is not the best for compulsive procrastinators.:rolleyes1 LOL!

Dreamytime
06-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Has anyone completed the keeper of the fang quest? We defeated the 3 girls (Defender, Guardian and Protector). I turned the braziers in the Defender's room to the same color, Alias did the other 2 rooms (oblisks). Only his locks broke, mine did not.
Now the braziers do not have the x anymore and we cannot change them The oblisks are gone in the other 2 chambers.
Am I doing something wrong?

LuvN~Travel
06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks to Fly tonight for helping me with 'ole Wormguts! It sure helps to take friends with you. rofl

Sorry I disconnected while in that last fight. We replaced the modem and router
last week and week before last, and now I am suspecting we also have a loose cable between the router and the other box. Time to hit Radio Shack soon!;)
Of course this may be the computer's way of telling me to NOT SPEND SO MUCH TIME OH HERE! :lmao: :rotfl2:
Kim

EmoSpartan
06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Ive retried to load the game again and again and im still geting the black screen and the error thing on the task bar.....can any one help me? plz?

aengus
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Ive retried to load the game again and again and im still geting the black screen and the error thing on the task bar.....can any one help me? plz?

have you tried their forums? I dont think any of us know enough about the game yet to know what might be happening to you.

poohluv2u
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
I think this game goes way over my gaming skills... anyone remember all the questions I had just about VMK? Well VMK is a cake walk compared to this. I can play the faire games really well, and they are lots of fun .. but I have no idea how to do more quests. All I seem to see are people running everywhere :worried: Are there more instructions other than when you first start in the game? I feel like I'm just going round in circles. Am I missing something .. other than a brain :laughing:

EmoSpartan
06-24-2008, 09:47 PM
have you tried their forums? I dont think any of us know enough about the game yet to know what might be happening to you.

thanks i didnt even think about the forums........i posted but it hasnt been approved yet so hopefully ill get this fixed tonight so i can play this seems like fun

Goofy05
06-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I think this game goes way over my gaming skills... anyone remember all the questions I had just about VMK? Well VMK is a cake walk compared to this. I can play the faire games really well, and they are lots of fun .. but I have no idea how to do more quests. All I seem to see are people running everywhere :worried: Are there more instructions other than when you first start in the game? I feel like I'm just going round in circles. Am I missing something .. other than a brain :laughing:

Any time you see an (!) above someone, click on them for a quest or task. Also, if you see a (?) lit above someone, click them as well.

LuvN~Travel
06-24-2008, 10:53 PM

You did try changing your screen resolution didn't you? I kept getting that same
problem and have to set it every time now that I play.
Kim

LuvN~Travel
06-24-2008, 10:56 PM

I felt the same way the first few days. One thing when they ask you to do a quest go ahead and put it in your quest book. I didn't everyone that was asked, and am now having to backtrack to pick those back up.
But, hey I beat those old wussy trolls tonight! woot!:rotfl2:
Of course I've got those Cyclops ahead of me then the 'got to have a friend' quests. :)
Kim

EmoSpartan
06-24-2008, 10:58 PM
You did try changing your screen resolution didn't you? I kept getting that same
problem and have to set it every time now that I play.
Kim

i havent tried that yet but i will now thanks

*update* i just tried that but i got the same problem

DA Wiz
06-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I lot of you may get to Level 3 in about a week.
(You'll think Krokotopia was a snap. Love those sidewalks.)

If you get to Level 3, will you leave me private mail?
(Don't want to spoil it for others.)

Da Wiz
Malvin Anvilbreaker
Level 25

LittleWoodenHead
06-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Do you have a firewall installed? If so, try adjusting its settings.

On a separate note: BIG THANKS to Diva of Dragons for her invaluable assistance in Sunken City tonight.
You ROCK!!! :wizard:

BobRichmond
06-25-2008, 12:20 AM
...I don't see any other players anymore. I have been by myself the past two nights.
It depends on what realm and area the game decides to put you in. I was in Ambrose area 1 last night and did not see another person in about 30 minutes. Went to area 2 and there were people everywhere.

BobRichmond
06-25-2008, 12:51 AM
...What are the different Realms?...
Remember the different "directions" that each public area in VMK had. Realms/area are sort of like that, but the whole game is in a realm/area. So if you start in Ambrose area 1 every time you go to a different part of the game world you will still be in Ambrose area 1. Doing it this way means that if you can get into a realm/area you should be able to get into every part of the game world with minimum wait (mostly just to load the graphics for that area).

BobRichmond
06-25-2008, 01:25 AM
...The mechanics of the game fly right over my head...
There are a couple different ways to get quests to do.

Early in the game a circled picture of a NPC will pop up on the right side of the lower screen. These will usually tell you to come see them and they will have a quest for you.

You also run into NPCs with a "!" over their name. This means they have quest(s) for you to do. A gold "?" over their name means you have already accepted a quest and talking to them is the next step for you to do. If you see a silver "?" over their name it means you have accepted a quest from them already and have not completed it. The part that is confusing here is that a lot of times you will talk to a gold "?" NPC and the quest will end, but he will then change to the "!" and have a different quest or task for you to do.

LuvN~Travel
06-25-2008, 05:00 AM
Remember the different "directions" that each public area in VMK had. Realms/area are sort of like that, but the whole game is in a realm/area. So if you start in Ambrose area 1 every time you go to a different part of the game world you will still be in Ambrose area 1. Doing it this way means that if you can get into a realm/area you should be able to get into every part of the game world with minimum wait (mostly just to load the graphics for that area).

Okay someone may have asked this before but I'll ask again.
How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances? Last night I noticed there weren't many ppl on and was real glad to see Fly come by me.
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-25-2008, 05:16 AM
On a separate note: BIG THANKS to Diva of Dragons for her invaluable assistance in Sunken City tonight. You ROCK!!! :wizard:

Aww shucks!;) Happy to help!! Thought we'd never get through that 2nd gate! LOL!!

Okay someone may have asked this before but I'll ask again. How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances? Last night I noticed there weren't many ppl on and was real glad to see Fly come by me. Kim

Not a clue but hoping for one. I know where to look for the different areas but I am only ever given the option of 1.

debbi801
06-25-2008, 07:18 AM

Thanks. That makes sense. I guess the one in blue is the one I'm in.

Okay someone may have asked this before but I'll ask again.
How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances? Last night I noticed there weren't many ppl on and was real glad to see Fly come by me.
Kim

From the Realm page. You can change Realms and Areas. Last night, I spent most of the night alone--it was kinda creepy. I finally decided to try switching my Realm and suddenly there were people everywhere. LOL

I am totally loving this game. But it sure is addicting. I spent almost all of Sunday playing it and hours each night this week. I keep telling DH "Just one more quest." :rotfl2:

DA Wiz
06-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Can not emphasize enoguth the imprortance of making friends.

DA Wiz
06-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Don't worry you'll have company. I understnad that the number of Beta Users has just gone over 10,000!

Thanks. That makes sense. I guess the one in blue is the one I'm in.

From the Realm page. You can change Realms and Areas. Last night, I spent most of the night alone--it was kinda creepy. I finally decided to try switching my Realm and suddenly there were people everywhere. LOL

I am totally loving this game. But it sure is addicting. I spent almost all of Sunday playing it and hours each night this week. I keep telling DH "Just one more quest." :rotfl2:

DA Wiz
06-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Az Cat:

I can't send private messages yet. So let me reply here.
I would LOVE to know how to get around Marleybone.
Without sidewalks it's just a matter of time before the rats eat me.

Help! (Chomp, chomp)

BobRichmond
06-25-2008, 11:31 AM
...How do you switch between 'areas' or circumstances?...
Click on the book in the lower right corner of your screen (what is that called anyway - journal?). The third tab from the bottom on the right in the journal has a picture of 2 silver balls - this is the realms tab. Click on it and you will see the realm and area you are presently in highlighted in blue. To change realms or areas click on which one you would like to go to and then click on the "Go To Realm" / "Go To Area" button on the bottom. At the present there are usually 4 or 5 realms showing as available, but many times only 1 area.

OctoPie
06-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Can not emphasize enoguth the imprortance of making friends.

Yes very important without kane i would still be stuck in unicorn way

EmoSpartan
06-25-2008, 11:57 AM
i emailed the support and they told me to check the firewall.....i checked it then turned it off to see if that would work but i still got the same problem even after changing the resolution

debbi801
06-25-2008, 12:08 PM
i emailed the support and they told me to check the firewall.....i checked it then turned it off to see if that would work but i still got the same problem even after changing the resolution

Dumb question, but have you tried uninstalling the software and starting over?

Peri
06-25-2008, 12:19 PM
I have some questions and comment (I will send them the comment, I think)

1. How can you tell by looking at your cards if they are "one time use" only?

2. Is there any way to "review" instructions like from duelmaster Diego, etc - where they give you detailed advice on card interactions? When I put up a shield it revolves around me but if I put up an offensive card it rotates around the enemy - these look identical but do opposite things...

3. Can you get magic from other schoools with your skill points if NOT in order, for example, I would like the unicorn healer card but it is fairly high level and my "minor" is in the ice school.

Thanks for the advice.

DA Wiz
06-25-2008, 12:32 PM

They are gold tinted.

2. Is there any way to "review" instructions like from duelmaster Diego, etc - where they give you detailed advice on card interactions? When I put up a shield it revolves around me but if I put up an offensive card it rotates around the enemy - these look identical but do opposite things...

Not that I know of. Terrible help files at this point. Newbies should be
cautioned to pay attention to the tutorials and jot down a few notes.

3. Can you get magic from other schoools with your skill points if NOT in order, for example, I would like the unicorn healer card but it is fairly high level and my "minor" is in the ice school.

You can train spells from some other school, but you have to pick
from the bottom of that school's list. For example even though you are a level 8, from another school's, you will have to first train on their level 1 spell. For that reason, you should stick to your school and minor in one school only.

I like that... When you go to Waizard School (which we all are doing) you need to pick a Major and a Minor. (but they never tell you that).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

cdog12
06-25-2008, 12:58 PM

They are gold tinted.

from the bottom of that school's list. For example even though you are a level 8, from another school's, you will have to first train on their level 1 spell. For that reason, you should stick to your school and minor in one school only.

I like that... When you go to Waizard School (which we all are doing) you need to pick a Major and a Minor. (but they never tell you that).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

yea i like i am ice and my minor is fire :)

EmoSpartan
06-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Dumb question, but have you tried uninstalling the software and starting over?

yes i have done that like 3 times XD

LuvN~Travel
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Click on the book in the lower right corner of your screen (what is that called anyway - journal?). The third tab from the bottom on the right in the journal has a picture of 2 silver balls - this is the realms tab. Click on it and you will see the realm and area you are presently in highlighted in blue. To change realms or areas click on which one you would like to go to and then click on the "Go To Realm" / "Go To Area" button on the bottom. At the present there are usually 4 or 5 realms showing as available, but many times only 1 area.

Do you know I don't think I've even tried clicking that particular button! duh!
Thanks for the info! :lmao:
Kim (always running behind the times lol)

Goofy05
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM

They are gold tinted.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice.

Great, now you tell me! lol I do actually read everything, I just never thought to take notes. :rolleyes1
How can I tell which smiths I've already found? Also, I KNOW I found one of the history books, but they are all showing in my quest folder as found 0 of 1. I swear I will never get away from Old Town! Arg!
Oh, yeah...I'm sitting with some big battles to finish. I'm open to volunteers! hehe I think I need: Eyus Maximus, Prince of fire elves?, a witch, and the iron golem thing. LOL I'm going to try getting in there sometime this afternoon and clean up the smaller battles and tasks such as the branches, which I'm sure will open another series of battles for me...
Thanks in advance! :)

BlueSneakerGal
06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
WOOT!!! Just got my email!!!!

Of course I'm at work and can't play....

Cough... cough.... oooohhh I think I might need to go home! :rotfl:

Diva of Dragons
06-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Great, now you tell me! lol I do actually read everything, I just never thought to take notes. :rolleyes1
How can I tell which smiths I've already found? Also, I KNOW I found one of the history books, but they are all showing in my quest folder as found 0 of 1. I swear I will never get away from Old Town! Arg!
Oh, yeah...I'm sitting with some big battles to finish. I'm open to volunteers! hehe I think I need: Eyus Maximus, Prince of fire elves?, a witch, and the iron golem thing. LOL I'm going to try getting in there sometime this afternoon and clean up the smaller battles and tasks such as the branches, which I'm sure will open another series of battles for me...
Thanks in advance! :)

For the books and the Smiths, once you find them they leave your quest inventory. So, your quests only show the ones you still need to find.

DA Wiz
06-25-2008, 04:45 PM
WOOT!!! Just got my email!!!!

Of course I'm at work and can't play....

Cough... cough.... oooohhh I think I might need to go home! :rotfl:

You ARE looking a bit green. Better go home and rest.

Dreamytime
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM
One thing that is cool/annoying depending on how you look at it is some quests are 'timed'. Similar to the Grubb quest if you die you must start over, there are some quests in Kroktopia which if you start and do not complete - log out, go back to Wizard City, or do not complete in the amount of time the quest believes you should be done it - you have to start all over again.

Good thing is you get the XP again, bad thing is, you have to do them over again.

So be mindful of that when you get over into the new land.

BlueSneakerGal
06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
You ARE looking a bit green. Better go home and rest.

Heh. :)

Oddly enough, the outfit I chose is entirely green!! :rotfl:

I've found all the professors and am looking for a couple more Smiths (the ones that aren't behind big ol' gates anyway).

I have to say though... There's something a bit undignified about a wizard *running* everywhere. :rotfl2:

LuvN~Travel
06-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Heh. :)

Oddly enough, the outfit I chose is entirely green!! :rotfl:

I've found all the professors and am looking for a couple more Smiths (the ones that aren't behind big ol' gates anyway).

I have to say though... There's something a bit undignified about a wizard *running* everywhere. :rotfl2:

Also don't know if you've found it out or not yet, you can jump too by hitting the space key. Took me until tonight to find that out.:lmao:
Kim

EmoSpartan
06-25-2008, 09:25 PM
i have gave up with the w101 support team for now......i guess ill just wait untill i go back to my dad's house in 2 days to play......then i wont sleep fro a couple days

BlueSneakerGal
06-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Also don't know if you've found it out or not yet, you can jump too by hitting the space key. Took me until tonight to find that out.:lmao:
Kim

I did not know that! Thanks!

So, chatting... is there a way to talk without the "canned" chat? Someone from here, I assume, asked me if I was from The Board and I thought he meant Dis Board... told me to ask if I had any questions... but how? I am so lost right now. :rotfl2:

aengus
06-25-2008, 09:44 PM
I did not know that! Thanks!

So, chatting... is there a way to talk without the "canned" chat? Someone from here, I assume, asked me if I was from The Board and I thought he meant Dis Board... told me to ask if I had any questions... but how? I am so lost right now. :rotfl2:

yes :) hit return then type

BlueSneakerGal
06-25-2008, 09:46 PM
yes :) hit return then type

Ah. :)

Thanks!!

debbi801
06-25-2008, 09:53 PM
can someone PM me directions on how to find the gobbler king? i defeated the gobbler prince and it says I need to talk to the gobbler king. Please don't tell me that I had to stay there because i left. (I suspect I needed to stay there). :rolleyes1 I tried to go back in and look for him but I immediately got pulled into another battle with the prince.

thanks!

Chedstro
06-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Bob says yes, you should have stayed. The Gobbler King is through a door on the left, behind the Prince.

AZCat
06-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Someone from here, I assume, asked me if I was from The Board and I thought he meant Dis Board... told me to ask if I had any questions... but how? I am so lost right now. :rotfl2:

that someone was me...good to see you and good luck on your tasks.

Diva of Dragons
06-26-2008, 03:11 AM
One thing that is cool/annoying depending on how you look at it is some quests are 'timed'. Similar to the Grubb quest if you die you must start over, there are some quests in Kroktopia which if you start and do not complete - log out, go back to Wizard City, or do not complete in the amount of time the quest believes you should be done it - you have to start all over again.

Good thing is you get the XP again, bad thing is, you have to do them over again.

So be mindful of that when you get over into the new land.

Technically, they aren't timed. It's just that you have to complete the entire series of tasks in one shot. You can't leave, be defeated, etc... without having to start over. Frustrating! :worried:

Dreamytime
06-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Technically, they aren't timed. It's just that you have to complete the entire series of tasks in one shot. You can't leave, be defeated, etc... without having to start over. Frustrating! :worried:

Ok. :) Luckily killing gets easier as you grow in strength within your house and your second study. Glad I didn't put talent points all over and just stuck with a single house besides my main. Now it is really easy to kill stuff off - even doing the Grubb thing at Level 24 is a lot easier than when we initially tried at level 19 or so.

Doing the last section right now in the Tomb of Storms. Wonder what is in store next for my little avatar....:wizard:

Diva of Dragons
06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Ok. :) Luckily killing gets easier as you grow in strength within your house and your second study. Glad I didn't put talent points all over and just stuck with a single house besides my main. Now it is really easy to kill stuff off - even doing the Grubb thing at Level 24 is a lot easier than when we initially tried at level 19 or so.

Doing the last section right now in the Tomb of Storms. Wonder what is in store next for my little avatar....:wizard:

I got lucky and found someone to help me with the Princes, Task Master and Queen. I still have to do Beguiler. Otherwise, I'm finished there! Which part are you working on?

BlueSneakerGal
06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
that someone was me...good to see you and good luck on your tasks.

Thanks Cat!! (I need to print out all the names here for reference!! :rotfl:

Once I figured out how to chat (ty aengus) I found you via my friend list and then was REALLY lost!! Thanks for taking me back to more familiar ground. :)

sharkm
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I am so far behind everybody else I guess. Anyway, on Cyclops Lane I see boxes on the sidewalks. I know from seeing the trunks or chest that I get gold from them. I have never been able to do anything with the boxes, but today I did see someone go up to the box and than it disappeared. What might he have done? Also it is the first time I have seen someone else in about 4 or 5 days which makes me thing everybody else has moved on to different areas.

Diva of Dragons
06-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I am so far behind everybody else I guess. Anyway, on Cyclops Lane I see boxes on the sidewalks. I know from seeing the trunks or chest that I get gold from them. I have never been able to do anything with the boxes, but today I did see someone go up to the box and than it disappeared. What might he have done? Also it is the first time I have seen someone else in about 4 or 5 days which makes me thing everybody else has moved on to different areas.

The crates are part of a quest. You'll get there.:)

Talons
06-27-2008, 12:28 AM
So this may sound pretty stupid but.. How do the badges work?

LuvN~Travel
06-27-2008, 03:12 AM
So this may sound pretty stupid but.. How do the badges work?
I don't know if they confer any type of power or so, but you can change them as you get them. I also found further back in the numbering where it is keeping count of how many of some types of ghouls you are killing such as 50/1000 or some such. Doesn't look quite as impressive as a badge mind you,:lmao: but it is there. I do wonder if it does confer some sort of overall 'prestige' or points later if you meet the specified goal.
Kim

LuvN~Travel
06-27-2008, 03:16 AM
Okay now my question is do the pets you buy also give you any advantage over enemies or any skill points along the way? I did finally get me a little dragon yesterday.:) Green Mimi's dragon made me jealous, he/she was so cute!;)

Oh and thanks so much for all the help yesterday Green! It makes it so much easier having friends help with the bigger ghouls!:thumbsup2 But, do you know how much I hate that Wormguts and that Banshee?! 0 of 1! Not a number I like seeing. :rotfl:
Kim

LittleWoodenHead
06-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Where's the Hall of Champions in Krok? I need to go there before I can get my fire minion, but I swear I've been all over the Pyramid of Fire and haven't found it yet. Is it in one of the other areas of Krok that I can't access yet? Or have I overlooked something?

I sure would love to have a minion fighting by my side. The Boss Battles in Krok are tough!

Talons
06-27-2008, 11:20 AM
So how exactly do I change badges? I've been clicking on it like there's no tomorrow but no luck!

DA Wiz
06-27-2008, 11:42 AM
There's a Wizard 101 forum that works? Every time I have accessed it.
It seems to have been locked and accessible to the KingsIsle developers only. I played the Alpha and it was locked even then.

I'll have to check it out. If they opened the forum that woud be great.

Just FYI and so everyone is ALERTED -

Your avatars will most likely (but not definitely) be DELETED when this game goes live - I mention this so there are not so many hurt feelings or confusion. There is a thread about this in the Wiz. 101 forums section.

I noticed it today when I was trying to figure out how to use my Sword card, which does not seem to EVERY work, in ANY situation. I am low level (12) and just about done with level one. Still need to finish off Olde Town bad guys and some mop up on Triton Ave.

Always good to see you guys in game!! Thanks!!

Peri
06-27-2008, 12:06 PM

Your avatars will most likely (but not definitely) be DELETED when this game goes live - I mention this so there are not so many hurt feelings or confusion. There is a thread about this in the Wiz. 101 forums section.

I noticed it today when I was trying to figure out how to use my Sword card, which does not seem to EVERY work, in ANY situation. I am low level (12) and just about done with level one. Still need to finish off Olde Town bad guys and some mop up on Triton Ave.

Always good to see you guys in game!! Thanks!!

LuvN~Travel
06-27-2008, 01:18 PM
So how exactly do I change badges? I've been clicking on it like there's no tomorrow but no luck!

Just click on the badge you want to wear and then click on the little fist down below it to wear it I assume. That is how you change other items. Of course now this means I will have to go try it and see...lol
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't know if they confer any type of power or so, but you can change them as you get them. I also found further back in the numbering where it is keeping count of how many of some types of ghouls you are killing such as 50/1000 or some such. Doesn't look quite as impressive as a badge mind you,:lmao: but it is there. I do wonder if it does confer some sort of overall 'prestige' or points later if you meet the specified goal.
Kim

Nope, no power. And, if you watch all the yellow messages that appear after battle, you will sometimes see something like "Gobler Hunter badge found". That is when you get the counts like 10/50 of that enemy defeated, in your badges. When you kill all 50, 100 etc..., you get that badge.

Where's the Hall of Champions in Krok? I need to go there before I can get my fire minion, but I swear I've been all over the Pyramid of Fire and haven't found it yet. Is it in one of the other areas of Krok that I can't access yet? Or have I overlooked something?
I sure would love to have a minion fighting by my side. The Boss Battles in Krok are tough!

It should be on the map. I don't remember specifically though. Just so you know. I was talking to a Fire school player about minions and he said it's practically useless because you need like 5 pips to call it.:worried:

Mine is great! Only takes 2. Buy my myth spells aren't as strong your fire spells, so I guess it balances out.

There's a Wizard 101 forum that works? Every time I have accessed it. It seems to have been locked and accessible to the KingsIsle developers only. I played the Alpha and it was locked even then.

I'll have to check it out. If they opened the forum that woud be great.

Hmmmm, I'vebeen able access theforum since I started. You have to log-in for it though, even if you are logged in the game on a different screen.

The things I saw said they did not intend to wipe them but it could possibly happen as the result of technical problems.:confused3

Just click on the badge you want to wear and then click on the little fist down below it to wear it I assume. That is how you change other items. Of course now this means I will have to go try it and see...lol
Kim

You are correct!:thumbsup2

sm4987
06-27-2008, 05:23 PM
lol, I just posted about that email on another thread! ARG!

Disneychick74
06-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Just got an Email from Wizards...just a heads up to all...

Hello Wizards!

Thank you for all of the feedback and bug submissions! Because we have received so much great feedback from our players, we are now ready to incorporate that feedback into the game and make some significant improvements. We will be making those game changes next week. In order to make these changes, we must permanently delete all Wizard characters from the game. Your account is still active and you will immediately be able to create a new Wizard character.

We are aware that our players have spent a considerable amount of time playing our game. Therefore, once you return to Wizard101 and create a new wizard, you will have the option to level up to Krokotopia (our second world) by simply completing a short quest. And as an added bonus, there will be a pet vendor in Golem Court giving away free pets. The ability to quickly move to Kroktopia and get a free pet will only be available in game for a short period of time though! We are making this available as a way for you to return to a point in the game close to where you were, so that if you desire, you can quickly go to the beginning of Krokotopia rather than start from the beginning of the game. However, if you desire, you can experience the new quests and other game changes we have made by starting over from the beginning.

Please check the forums, website, or your email on Monday to find out exactly when the characters will be deleted next week and when you can re-enter the game and level up to Krokotopia quickly.

We sincerely apologize if this causes you any inconvenience, but hope that you understand that we are conducting a live Beta, and these changes are necessary to improve the game as a result of your feedback. Thank you for playing Wizard101 and your continued support and feedback!

Thank you,
Fred Howard
V.P. of Marketing
KingsIsle Entertainment

You are receiving this message because you have an active Wizard101 Beta account.

LuvN~Travel
06-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Now does this mean every single player on the game as beta players now will level up to Krokotopia after this initial quest? Or are people getting emails
that are geared to the levels they are on?
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Arg!! I just got the e-mail too and I just finished Krok last night!! I could have been sleeping!!!!:worried:

bevgray
06-27-2008, 06:00 PM
You have the option to start over from the beginning or start at the second world (I assume those who take the second world option will start at a higher level with school spells appropriate).

LuvN~Travel
06-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Yup, I just went back in and checked and mine said the same thing. Well, now I can leave wormguts in the dust! :rotfl2:
But, boy will my sister and son be ticked. They are on the waiting list! lol
I've alread told my son, he isn't happy now. lol
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-27-2008, 06:59 PM
You have the option to start over from the beginning or start at the second world (I assume those who take the second world option will start at a higher level with school spells appropriate).

Yes. it seems so.:)

LittleWoodenHead
06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm going to need more info before I decide whether to start over again in Wizard City or in Krok.

For one, I'd like to know what level they intend to give the Krok-starters, as both of my wizards are there now (lvl 18 & 15). It's going to be difficult to invest much energy in playing them this weekend, knowing that any more progress they make will be wiped out in a couple of days.

I'm also wondering how much gold they'll give you if you start in Krok. All the upgrades there are frightfully expensive. (I was just about to buy a new wand in the Bazaar, after painstakingly amassing 1600 credits.)

I'm thinking I might start one in Krok and the other back at the beginning. I think it would be interesting to see what changes they've made in the Wizard City portion of the game. Plus, I like Wizard City much more than I do Krok so far. It was a lot more fun and nowhere near as frustrating! :headache:

aengus
06-27-2008, 08:45 PM
thanks for the update miss blue

heck I aint that far now, a pet sounds good, but I would miss so much of the game if I leaped ahead... guess I will just play it out again:)

BlueSneakerGal
06-27-2008, 09:13 PM
I *just* read that update on the W101 forums...

I'm not very far along either and am tempted to jump ahead so I can have my very own dragon... :)

Perhaps I'll create two characters... one to actually earn that dragon and the other to jump start and see what everybody's been talking about. :rotfl:

I *still* don't get how you get your cards to show up in battles :confused3 I click the "Draw" button and nothing happens... I'm still very confused.

Goofy05
06-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Well...I am at the Krokotopia level just now, but I think I'd like to start all over again. I've a few friends who haven't been able to start yet, so I think it would be fun to start even up with them. Plus, I am interested to see any changes that were made to the first few levels. As for the free pet, my cute little dragon was relatively cheap. He only set me back about 450. :)

BlueSneakerGal
06-27-2008, 09:26 PM
As for the free pet, my cute little dragon was relatively cheap. He only set me back about 450. :)

Are you playing a lot of games? I only have 235 in gold... and I haven't bought anything yet!

Goofy05
06-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Are you playing a lot of games? I only have 235 in gold... and I haven't bought anything yet!

Actually, no I don't play many games at all. The only time I play is when I need to refill my mana. The better your score, the more gold you collect. You can collect some gold just by winning battles, though.

LuvN~Travel
06-28-2008, 05:57 AM
It also seems to me that if you are helping in a battle the gold is a little better (on the street that is) than if you are just running out and battling on your own.
But the better gold does come from the bosses and the games.;)
Kim

MPhins13
06-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Okay now my question is do the pets you buy also give you any advantage over enemies or any skill points along the way?
Kim

I was wondering about this also. I was trying to decide between spending my gold on a pet or more cards. If the pet doesn't help in any way (increasing health, mana, help fighting) then I would spend my gold on cards.

LittleWoodenHead
06-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I was trying to decide between spending my gold on a pet or more cards. If the pet doesn't help in any way (increasing health, mana, help fighting) then I would spend my gold on cards.
The only pet that gives you any benefit (that I'm aware of) is the Bloodbat. If he's your pet, you get a Bloodbat card added to your deck. 'Course, he also costs 4000 credits -- which is 5x what the Dragon costs!

DA Wiz
06-28-2008, 09:38 PM
1. How do you create TWO characters?

2. Going to be quite a set back for me. Got to Level 28. And I'm on vacation right now (no high speed) so I may not get back in time to "jump ahead."

Grrrrr.

On the other hand. I was a Myth/Storm. I think a Life/Death combo might be better.

I *just* read that update on the W101 forums...

I'm not very far along either and am tempted to jump ahead so I can have my very own dragon... :)

Perhaps I'll create two characters... .

Diva of Dragons
06-29-2008, 05:18 AM
1. How do you create TWO characters?

2. Going to be quite a set back for me. Got to Level 28. And I'm on vacation right now (no high speed) so I may not get back in time to "jump ahead."

Grrrrr.

On the other hand. I was a Myth/Storm. I think a Life/Death combo might be better.

You can have up to 6 characters per account. So, when you log in, instead of clicking Play on the character screen, click NEW, and you can create a new you!

aengus
06-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I hadn't thought of it, but you all are right. Use one character to jump ahead to take advantage of their offering and create a new one to re-play it all :)

DaffyPluto
06-29-2008, 09:48 AM
A little Dis get together.

I would like to get everyone on my list if possible and i am sure others feel the same way.

DA Wiz
06-29-2008, 10:28 AM
You can have up to 6 characters per account. So, when you log in, instead of clicking Play on the character screen, click NEW, and you can create a new you!

Really. I must have done that wrong. I had a nephew visit. Tried NEW to give him a new character. Then my first character was gone.

When you have more than one character does it give you some kind of menu to select what character you want to play with?

Alyce
06-29-2008, 11:07 AM

I would like to get everyone on my list if possible and i am sure others feel the same way.

Count me in ! !

:yay: :yay: :woohoo: :hug: ;) :hug: :woohoo: :yay: :yay:

:ccat: :ccat: :ccat: :dogdance: :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

debbi801
06-29-2008, 11:55 AM

Count me in ! !

:yay: :yay: :woohoo: :hug: ;) :hug: :woohoo: :yay: :yay:

:ccat: :ccat: :ccat: :dogdance: :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

Me too! A lot of these battles and quests are much easier to do with a friend.

LittleWoodenHead
06-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Really. I must have done that wrong. I had a nephew visit. Tried NEW to give him a new character. Then my first character was gone.
I don't think you did anything wrong. I'd heard of that bug happening to others, so was very nervous when I went to create a second character myself. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems.

When you have more than one character does it give you some kind of menu to select what character you want to play with?
The character you last played is standing front and center. Your other characters are seated at the desks around the sides of the screen. In order to play them, you click on one to bring them to the front. Yet another very clever design from the folks at Wizard101.

poohluv2u
06-29-2008, 01:58 PM
I haven't been able to figure that out either ... :confused3

[QUOTE=LuvN~Travel;25925022]It also seems to me that if you are helping in a battle the gold is a little better (on the street that is) than if you are just running out and battling on your own.
But the better gold does come from the bosses and the games.;)
Kim

Yesterday I had to battle a fire-elf, when all of a sudden someone else came into the battle and brought another bad guy in with them, they then left and I was stuck fighting two opponents. I couldn't figure out if they did that on purpose but boy did I see red :furious:

Goofy05
06-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Yesterday I had to battle a fire-elf, when all of a sudden someone else came into the battle and brought another bad guy in with them, they then left and I was stuck fighting two opponents. I couldn't figure out if they did that on purpose but boy did I see red :furious:

Heh. Just wait until you're in the land underwater! Eeek! DaffyPluto and I were there this morning and had to fight FOUR banshees! They just entered at will...ugh.
Yes, it's rough when someone else enters an already begun battle, as you are left with more than you can handle, sometimes.

As for the treasure cards, I have no clue. They all seem to come up at random, and many times they are NOT lit, so they can't be used. I would love to know how to pull those up when they are badly needed. Many times I don't see one until all I need is a wand blast to finish them off, what's the point then of using a major spell?

OH! If anyone knows where the Fire Tower is, please tell me! I can't find that bird anywhere!
Thanks!

LuvN~Travel
06-29-2008, 02:36 PM

That happened to me finally yesterday. I just took it in stride since I had been the one who 'disappeared' a few times after joining when my connection was lost!:lmao: I think we now have a bad cable between the modem and router and I really need to get to Radio Shack. So I really decided I won't worry about it if anyone does it to me accidentally or purposely!:rotfl:

It'll just give me another reason to go play some more games in the fairground.;)
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
As for the treasure cards, I have no clue. They all seem to come up at random, and many times they are NOT lit, so they can't be used. I would love to know how to pull those up when they are badly needed. Many times I don't see one until all I need is a wand blast to finish them off, what's the point then of using a major spell?
Thanks!

How to use treasure cards:
Hi!
When you are putting cards in your deck, go to the gold cards tab in the top right corner of your screen. Click on that and you can add the treasure cards you want to use.

To use them in battle: When it's time to select a spell, right-click a card you want to "discard". Then, click "draw". This will deal you a treasure card you have placed in your deck. Of course, you can only useit if you have enough pips.

Just remember that treasure cards are single use only. I think you can buy more of them in the library though.

cdog12
06-29-2008, 03:01 PM
i have a character name devin shadowflame and he in ice and i just go to krokotopia :)
Now their is a offer to go straight to krokotopia should i just decline it and contine going since i am at the same spot

Should i create another characet so i can play the new quests?

sm4987
06-29-2008, 03:20 PM
so happy to know I am not the only one who had problems with those cards! ty diva for the help!!

PrincessNoelle
06-29-2008, 03:36 PM
My daughter and I just started playing this game, or I should say, we have both made avatars and she has been playing. I just haven't had time. Her school is Storm and she is a level 10. Mine is Life and she has gotten me to a level 6. Now that the game is being reset, does the school you choose really make a difference? When do you choose your minor? Does the pet make a difference? From what I have read in the other posts, the bat is the only one that helps you? I'm really more of a dragon person. :rotfl: I am thinking about jumping ahead with the one and then making a second to start from the beginning since I don't have a clue as to what to do. :confused3

BlueSneakerGal
06-29-2008, 04:07 PM

I want in too... but we might as well wait until they reset the game and we all build our little magicians again.

i have a character name devin shadowflame and he in ice and i just go to krokotopia :)
Now their is a offer to go straight to krokotopia should i just decline it and contine going since i am at the same spot

Should i create another characet so i can play the new quests?

You won't be able to continue. They are resetting the game this week sometime and all our characters will be gone. You *have* to start over! :) BUT, you can recreate devin shadowflame and take up their offer so you're not too far behind where you are now.

Today I am creating all the wizards they will allow! :rotfl: Each in a different school. Just curious if I would notice a difference in how they respond to the various quests. My "Balance School" character, Caleb CrowCaller seems to have a better spell casting success rate... but that could just be my imagination. :laughing:

Goofy05
06-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi!
When you are putting cards in your deck, go to the gold cards tab in the top right corner of your screen. Click on that and you can add the treasure cards you want to use.

To use them in battle: When it's time to select a spell, right-click a card you want to "discard". Then, click "draw". This will deal you a treasure card you have placed in your deck. Of course, you can only useit if you have enough pips.

Just remember that treasure cards are single use only. I think you can buy more of them in the library though.

I've been doing that, but you can only draw three times, I believe. Most times, I don't even get to my treasure cards. That's where I'm confused. When I need the bigger spells, I don't have any to use.

Nobody knows where the Fire Tower is?

BlueSneakerGal
06-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I've been doing that, but you can only draw three times, I believe. Most times, I don't even get to my treasure cards. That's where I'm confused. When I need the bigger spells, I don't have any to use.

Hmmm... so in my starter deck, I have three "regular" cards. I can put three of each in my starter deck. Do you put three of each in yours? Maybe only put two of each? Maybe (and I have no idea what I'm talking about here) that would leave more room for the treasure cards?

Sorry. :(

Diva of Dragons
06-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Sorry, what section are you in and what does your quest card say?

Diva of Dragons
06-29-2008, 04:48 PM
In regard to the "jumping to Krok" when the game re-sets: I believe you can only take that optin if you are already at that point in the game. I know that people who are beyond that recieved another e-mail suggesting we may be able to skip farther ahead.

Goofy05
06-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Sorry, what section are you in and what does your quest card say?

I am not certain when I got the quest, but I'm guessing in Firecat Alley. It's a picture of the phoenix...Fire Crow, I believe they call it. It only says to locate the Fire Crow in the Fire Tower. Nobody seems to know where that is and some never got that quest. :confused3

LittleWoodenHead
06-29-2008, 05:23 PM

Two other points:
1. Remember that the card you discard will NOT be available to play later in that particular combat. Keep that in mind when you’re choosing which card, if any, to discard.
2. The Treasure Card that is drawn will be randomly selected from the ones you have loaded into the TC card slots. So if you’re wanting to use a particular one, that should be the only one loaded.

The option to go straight to Krok will apply to the wizards you make after the wipe.

I have 2 wizards who are currently in Krok; even so, I am waiting to see what else is included in their offer.
For example:
What level will you be if you choose to start in Krok? (I would not consider anything less than lvl 15.)
How much money will they give you? (Upgrades are expensive in Krok.)
What bonus clothes/accessories/Treasure Cards will you have? (This is a key point for me. The items you get along the way are part of your wizard’s strength and defenses. I don’t see how they can adequately compensate for their loss.)

I will make my mind up when we have more information, but at the moment, I am considering starting all over. That will allow me to build my wizard from scratch (again) and earn the cards, credits, clothes, etc., that I will eventually need.

My daughter and I just started playing this game, or I should say, we have both made avatars and she has been playing. I just haven't had time. Her school is Storm and she is a level 8. Mine is Life and she has gotten me to a level 6. Now that the game is being reset, does the school you choose really make a difference?
Although the vast majority of quests are the same, Schools make a difference in how you actually play the game. There are different spells, strengths, and weaknesses to every school. Your daughter’s school, Storm, has a much higher fizzle rate than yours; however, when her spells are successful, she can inflict a lot more damage than you can. Also, various enemies have different levels of resistance to different spells – so a wizard from one school could have an easier time against them than someone from another school. That’s why having a good secondary school (or “minor”) is important.

When do you choose your minor?
You can start on a “minor” as soon as you get your first Training Point at level 3. You’ll be able to spend it to learn the first spell in any school other than your own. (It makes no sense to save the training points, either, as you cannot jump ahead or skip spells. You must learn them in order, starting with the first.) You’ll receive another training point at level 10, then every 5 levels after that.

Does the pet make a difference? From what I have read in the other posts, the bat is the only one that helps you? I'm really more of a dragon person. :rotfl:
As I mentioned above, the only pet that makes a difference is the Bloodbat. Consider the others to be fashion accessories (at present).

I am thinking about jumping ahead with the one and then making a second to start from the beginning since I don't have a clue as to what to do. :confused3
If you don’t have a clue, then I strongly suggest you NOT jump ahead. Krokotopia is a much more difficult & challenging world than Wizard City.

My "Balance School" character, Caleb CrowCaller seems to have a better spell casting success rate... but that could just be my imagination. :laughing:
Not your imagination. Balance and Life have the best casting rate (as indicated by the 90% on the spell cards).

It’s the building directly across from the Fire School & Bernie, the Fire Tree. You’ll see a fire insignia on the door.

Hmmm... so in my starter deck, I have three "regular" cards. I can put three of each in my starter deck. Do you put three of each in yours? Maybe only put two of each? Maybe (and I have no idea what I'm talking about here) that would leave more room for the treasure cards?
Read Diva’s guide above. The Treasure Cards do NOT go in the same slots as the regular cards in your deck. Instead, if you click the Treasure Card icon in your deck, you will see half a dozen empty slots where they can be loaded.

Goofy05
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Itís the building directly across from the Fire School & Bernie, the Fire Tree. Youíll see a fire insignia on the door.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Awesome! I can complete that quest! :worship: :worship:

aengus
06-29-2008, 05:33 PM
since all the smart people are answering stuffs today...

Why is it a few of my cards when I start the fight are greyed out and I cant use them, but then in a couple of rounds they are active?

Diva of Dragons
06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
since all the smart people are answering stuffs today...

Why is it a few of my cards when I start the fight are greyed out and I cant use them, but then in a couple of rounds they are active?

You can only use them if you have enough magic pips! Have you been through the battle training with "Diego", just inside the entrance to Unicorn Way? It will explain everything. But, the pips are the glowing blobs of fire, at your feet, during battle. The number in the top left corner of each card tells you how many pips it takes to cast that spell. So, if you want to have enough pips for a stronger spell, cast "0" pip spells or pass, until you have enough for the stronger spell.

Sometimes you will earn "power pips". They glow yellow instead of white and they count as 2.

LittleWoodenHead
06-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Because you don't have enough pips to power those spells.

Pips are the glowing white balls at your feet in the combat circle. (There are also Power Pips which are yellow, but I'll save that discussion for another day...) You earn one pip for each round of combat, and if it is not used, it carries over to subsequent rounds.

The cost in pips for each spell is located on the top left corner of the card. Your basic Wand spell, for example, costs 0 pips, as do most Shields & Traps. Firecat/Imp/Dark Sprite/Thunder Snake/etc. costs 1 pip. Fire Elf/Leprechaun/Ghoul/Lightning Bats/etc. costs 2, and so on.

So, say for your first casting, you cast a zero-pip spell. The pip that you started with will be saved for the next round, when you will be getting another. Then in the second round, you will have 2 pips and can spend them both to try and cast a stronger spell. Say you try to cast Fire Elf then, and it fizzles. (Believe me, I know the feeling...) The 2 pips that it would have cost are still available next round -- along with a new, third pip.

The spell cards that are greyed out require more pips than you have available to spend. Those cards become active in later rounds because you have accumulated enough pips by then (through zero-pip spells, passing, and fizzles) to power them.

Edited to add:
Sometimes you will earn "power pips". They glow yellow instead of white and they count as 2.
I wasn’t going to get into Power Pips, but since Diva mentioned them, I’d just like to add that they count as 2 pips but only for spells in your major school. Otherwise, they count as one. So if you’re a Pyromancer, for example, a single Power Pip will enable you to cast a level 2 Fire Elf spell. You will not, however, be able to cast a level 2 spell (Leprechaun, Ghoul, Pixie) that belongs to any other school.

aengus
06-29-2008, 06:04 PM
where in the world is (camen san) diego?

No I have not done that quest obviously huh? guess I should do that before the reset just to learn. See you guys in the game :rotfl:

aengus
06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Carmen wont talk to me @_@

OK so how do I get his quest?

Dreamytime
06-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Help!!! :P
Where are the Ahnic? I have to defeat King Uro Ahnic for the Ciper, defeat any 6 Ahnic and find the Ahnic Family Tomb.

I'm just at a stalemate. I don't know what to do from here.
Help?!?

aengus
06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Where are the Ahnic? I have to defeat King Uro Ahnic for the Ciper, defeat any 6 Ahnic and find the Ahnic Family Tomb.

Help?!?

I'll tell you one thing, dont ask Diego! He is no help !?!?! :rotfl:

LuvN~Travel
06-29-2008, 07:41 PM
In regard to the "jumping to Krok" when the game re-sets: I believe you can only take that optin if you are already at that point in the game. I know that people who are beyond that recieved another e-mail suggesting we may be able to skip farther ahead.

Actually I only reached level 13 today and my letter mentioned about leveling up to the Krok level if I remember correctly. Whatever the letter that was posted here earlier, mine said the same thing.;)
So I would be leveling up in my case.

Edited to add: Here is what my letter said yesterday:

We are aware that our players have spent a considerable amount of time playing our game. Therefore, once you return to Wizard101 and create a new wizard, you will have the option to level up to Krokotopia (our second world) by simply completing a short quest. And as an added bonus, there will be a pet vendor in Golem Court giving away free pets. The ability to quickly move to Kroktopia and get a free pet will only be available in game for a short period of time though! We are making this available as a way for you to return to a point in the game close to where you were, so that if you desire, you can quickly go to the beginning of Krokotopia rather than start from the beginning of the game. However, if you desire, you can experience the new quests and other game changes we have made by starting over from the beginning.

So I would be leveling up after a small quest. Let's just hope it's small! rofl Wonder if they could make it just one bad guy....lol
Kim

Diva of Dragons
06-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Help?!?

Look at the map of the pyramid, it should show where the different tombs are.

Dreamytime
06-29-2008, 08:13 PM
ok another question
am i the only person who has trouble with the teleporter to the island?
bc 1 time out of 10 is about all I can actually find the sweet spot to run into it and get to the island

any suggestions there?

Cardinal
06-29-2008, 08:16 PM
If any of you have not reached Triton Avenue yet, the Sylvia Drake scrapbook quest has a typo in it. The boss is not on Unicorn Way. He is on Triton Avenue.

DA Wiz
06-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Remember, you must have enough pips to launch the treasure card. For example, if all the gold cards in your deck are "4" and you only have 2 pips you can't launch them. It's tricky because if you have four pips you probably have some good weapons in your regular deck.

That's why I have started loading some "2" my gold deck. Usually pixies.

Thanks!

DA Wiz
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM
As you advance in the game you can buy a bigger deck and carry more spells. But unless you sell your lower level decks they are still there often filled with spells. (In fact when you buy the deck it will say something like "you are limited to three copies.") Anybody know the advantage to carrying more than one deck?

aengus
06-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I finally spoke with Diego... not a bad guy when you get to know him :rotfl:

Chedstro
06-30-2008, 04:07 AM
^^^ :rotfl2: Aengus. We will eventually get this game figured out! You should here from someone soon from Wizard about how really cool and not at all offensive we are.

Just made Level 12 with lots of help from Bob - who is way way ahead of me. Hope to see Krockatopia on my own before they reset me to it!

aengus
06-30-2008, 06:59 AM
^^^ :rotfl2: Aengus. We will eventually get this game figured out! You should here from someone soon from Wizard about how really cool and not at all offensive we are.

Just made Level 12 with lots of help from Bob - who is way way ahead of me. Hope to see Krockatopia on my own before they reset me to it!

I hope they give me free!!!! I am poor and homeless :rotfl:

debbi801
06-30-2008, 07:59 AM
I hope they give me free!!!! I am poor and homeless :rotfl:

:rotfl: Speaking of that, has anyone been able to trade successfully? I can't seem to get the windows to work correctly (although i am 99.9% sure it is user error:rotfl2: )

ETA, was there someone else having difficulties with their staff? I got one, but can't seem to use it.

LittleWoodenHead
06-30-2008, 12:12 PM
ETA, was there someone else having difficulties with their staff? I got one, but can't seem to use it.
Both my Fire Wizard and Storm Wizard received staffs from Headmaster Ambrose after completing Colossus Blvd. Neither one can be equipped for use. There are numerous posts about this bug over on the site's forums, so I'm sure it will be fixed in future update.

I was upset at first about receiving an award I couldn't use -- until I saw that neither staff gave me more firepower than my current wand. :confused3

LuvN~Travel
06-30-2008, 12:49 PM

What?! I though you'd be way ahead of me by now...I just got level thirteen yesterday lol
You don't live on the game like the rest of us?:rotfl:
Kim

LuvN~Travel
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
:rotfl: Speaking of that, has anyone been able to trade successfully? I can't seem to get the windows to work correctly (although i am 99.9% sure it is user error:rotfl2: )

I was able to trade with someone yesterday. The first time he tried the box closed on us. The second time he brought it up it worked, but then the third time it closed again.;) Odd bug...lol
Kim (still laughing at 'poor and homeless' Aengus):lmao:

aengus
06-30-2008, 01:18 PM
I am level 7 I think.

Just so you all know....

IM THE HERO OF UNICORN WAY SO GOSH! DONT MESS WITH ME!

just sayin...

OctoPie
06-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I am level 7 I think.

Just so you all know....

IM THE HERO OF UNICORN WAY SO GOSH! DONT MESS WITH ME!

just sayin...

I could whip your bum any day I am a jorneyman pyromancer AND WIZARD CUTY PROTECTOR beat that pony boy LOL:rotfl:

aengus
06-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I could whip your bum any day I am a jorneyman pyromancer AND WIZARD CUTY PROTECTOR beat that pony boy LOL:rotfl:

OMG I have like a fire elf card and stuffs

My sister could kick your butt! And I dont even have a sister!

sm4987
06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
well all after a week of constant playing and frustration...............I have finally made it to level 17!!! Saddest part is I didn't learn how to use the treasure cards until level 15! I had been doing things the hard way.

I had to learn how to use the treasure cards when some girl annihilate me during a battle! She threw the kraken at me and I was a gone!

Diva of Dragons
06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
So, should I be proud or embarrassed to tell you all that I'm at Level 28 now!:rolleyes1 Don't if it will matter at all by the end of the week. LOL!!;)

Hmmm, I have a staff (Baron's Staff of Command) that works. It's just usually invisible.

sm4987
06-30-2008, 04:03 PM
nope, don't be embarrased! I just got a lot of catching up to do :thumbsup2 I keep thinking I won't play that much since everything will be gone by the end of the week, but I can't quite stop!!

BTW, where do you all hang out? I've not seen a single DIS person yet!

Diva of Dragons
06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
BTW, where do you all hang out? I've not seen a single DIS person yet!

Good question!! Of the 23 or so DISers in the game, I have 9 on my friends list. We'll need to arrange a couple big meet-ups after the big shift!:)

coolkidhann95
06-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I am equal to aengus! Or am I? Level 7, more than half way to level 8. I do not like the quests where you have to get stuff from monsters. The enchanted wood quest is driving me nuts!

Dreamytime
06-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Anyone have time to help me kill off the spider in the in the crypt? She has 1800 health with 2 assistances who are 675. :) It isn't pretty trying just me.

LMK. I would like to see what else I can do before I start all over again.:P

BlueSneakerGal
06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Anyone have time to help me kill off the spider in the in the crypt? She has 1800 health with 2 assistances who are 675. :) It isn't pretty trying just me.

LMK. I would like to see what else I can do before I start all over again.:P

I'm only Level 11, so don't know if I can go there yet... maybe if I follow? I have two bosses to beat in Firecat Alley.

LuvN~Travel
06-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm only Level 11, so don't know if I can go there yet... maybe if I follow? I have two bosses to beat in Firecat Alley.

I've probably got those same two bosses. lol I have gone after wormguts several times now and he won't give it up.
If I can stay on tonight look for me Kimberly Dreamweaver.
Kim

Dreamytime
06-30-2008, 07:28 PM
I've probably got those same two bosses. lol I have gone after wormguts several times now and he won't give it up.
If I can stay on tonight look for me Kimberly Dreamweaver.
Kim

If you all wanna try to help me I will help with your bosses.
:)
LMK what you think :P

BlueSneakerGal
06-30-2008, 07:40 PM
LMK what you think :P

I'm game! I'm on now (Autumn DayBreaker) if you want to meet by Bartleby.

Cardinal
06-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Could any balance, death, fire, myth, storm, and ice wizards please tell me all of the spells you have at level 16?

Dreamytime
06-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm game! I'm on now (Autumn DayBreaker) if you want to meet by Bartleby.

Sure I will log in right now.
Shelby Nightwalker. :P
We can do your part first.

BlueSneakerGal
06-30-2008, 08:37 PM

Oh, thank you, thank you!!! Let me know when you've got a quorum for your battle!!! :thumbsup2

Now, I have to go fight the Golum again. :headache:

LittleMermaidsMom
06-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I need help getting Wormguts too..if anyone is available to help tonight, that would be great... also, I can help with any battles.. I'm a level 21 pyromancer.

Thanks!

BTW - my name in the game is Rowan

BlueSneakerGal
06-30-2008, 09:21 PM
I need help getting Wormguts too..if anyone is available to help tonight, that would be great... also, I can help with any battles.. I'm a level 21 pyromancer.

Thanks!

I'll help!! (Autumn DayDreamer)

I'm wandering a little aimlessly tonight.... The Headmaster is telling me to go to Colossus Blvd, but it's still locked... I'm sure I've just missed a quest somewhere, so I'm wandering around, looking for that golden question mark! :)

edit: found two more quests and Colossus has been unlocked! :) And two more bosses to fight!! :(

Goofy05
06-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Heya, Wizards! I just wanted to throw out a suggestion that we all add our new game names to our signatures, if possible. It's getting to be a rather long list on the first post and I'm having trouble remembering them all! LOL I have a written list near the desktop pc, but never remember to bring it with me when I settle onto the notebook later in the evenings. That way, when you post for help with battles, I can take note of your name without having to refer to the OP.
Let me know if you're okay with this or it's not a good idea or gosh, Mims, print out the list! LOL
Thanks!

LuvN~Travel
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh, thank you, thank you!!! Let me know when you've got a quorum for your battle!!! :thumbsup2

Now, I have to go fight the Golum again. :headache:

I put you on my list tonight, when i saw you in the shopping area.;)
Have fun out there, too!
Kim

LuvN~Travel
06-30-2008, 10:20 PM
OH! Almost forgot to add: Thanks Fly for the tour/preview of the other land tonight!:thumbsup2
Can't wait to visit it on my own when I get there! Woot!:banana:
Kim

Chedstro
06-30-2008, 10:25 PM
OK Diva, changed my signature. If my name changes after the wipe, I will update. Good idea!

BlueSneakerGal
06-30-2008, 11:20 PM

Thanks!

I know I wasn't much help, but it was fun battling along side you tonight! :) I love that we can sneak chat in between the spells! :rotfl:

aengus
06-30-2008, 11:47 PM

Thanks!

thanks for the help with the CORRECT type of cyclps :thumbsup2

ETA: oh and I was wrong, I am only level 6 timber ROFL

My sister would still whip you tho :rotfl: