PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Done the Crystal Palace Solo??

Disney Wanderer
06-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I am planning to Do the Crystal Palace Solo? I was Wondering if anyones doen this ?? Is it a common thing ? do the Characters Pay attention to you , or do you have to flag em down? Gimmie some tips . also Hows the Food Ive never been there ?

Sorry thats a lot LOL :goodvibes

kadesha
06-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I think their buffet selection is wonderful, they have some really great food!!

While I've never went solo, I've saw solo people there. The characters always stop at their table, they aren't skipped! :) You'll have a great time! We'll be eating there on our anniversary in November, we can't wait!

Brian_WDW74
06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes, I've done Crystal Palace solo. And yes, the characters stop for you. Pooh even sat down in the chair across from me and pretended to have a meal of his own. :)

The buffet doesn't have an overly large selection, but the food is great. And it's still the only place where I've ever eaten ratatouille. :thumbsup2

Cool-Beans
06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
I did. I like the CP food that much. I've had every breakfast Disney has to offer and IMO, it is the best one. The characters did come by, but if you just say hello and continue with your meal they take the hint. If you actually want to chit-chat I am sure they'd do a little of that.

I usually do very well solo as I enjoy being alone with just me to worry about, but I would take a book if I wanted to go to CP alone again. I felt a little out of sorts dining solo there. Dunno why. But with a book, I'd totally do it again. :)

jamstew
06-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I've done it twice for lunch solo and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I love the food. The characters will interact with you if you want them to.

DisneyShannon
06-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I have ate there solo and it is wonderful. They always try to seat you at the two person table so you do not feel that out of place. I say go and enjoy.

moray26
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I have been to CP solo for breakfast and dinner, and I'm just in the process of making my ADR for another solo dinner. The CM's are so kind and attentive and check on you often. The characters are great too- if you want pics, there's usually a handler or waiter/waitress willing to take your pic with characters (esp. if you have your camera out and on the table!). I was fortunate enough to be seated next to a really nice family one time who offered to take my picture each time a character came round. If you don't want to interact w/ the characters, just say, "Hi Pooh!" and give a wave. I've never felt out of place or weird or anything- and the food is excellent!!!

fostrmom2mny
06-12-2008, 07:58 PM
I did CP for breakfast solo. Food is great, and the waitress attention was good as well, except/// I wanted to have a photo with the charecters and of course there wasn't anyone there to take the photos of us together. It was like that for all of my solo charecter meals :(

I will admit that others have told me that I should have told the wait staff when they seated me that I'd like for them to take photos, and they would have tried to help out. That was a tip given after I arrived home from the first (and last) solo trip.

Blood on the saddle
06-13-2008, 07:11 AM
I've been reading a dining review done by a solo traveler. She went to Crystal Palace twice on her recent trip. Once for breakfast and once for lunch.

You might want to take a look at her report, which comes complete with pictures.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1820513

Elysiannn
06-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I did the Crystal Palace for breakfast solo. Great buffet and the characters will come over to you if you want them to. If you want a picture taken you might have to get your wait staff or "next table neighbors" to take it but 9 times out of 10 they'll do it.

In 2009 I plan to go to Ohana character breakfast solo and get a picture of me and Stitch.

WDW is great for solo visitors - just go and smile and have a great time. I've talked with some of the greatest people while touring solo. You can't beat it!!
Enjoy your trip! Ely