PDA

View Full Version : HJ - Aligators at the Fort

Narnia
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok so I'm only going to lose what one kid maybe two much safer than any other campsite in florida. I'm mor worried about the spiders and the caterpillers that could kill us.

BigDaddyRog
06-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Nuttin worse'n Killer Caterpillars...'specially when they morph into Butcherin' Butterflies!!!

I didnt see any spiders at the fort, but the camels were running wild everywhere!!
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/spider-camel-700144.jpg

AuburnJen92
06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Ok so I'm only going to lose what one kid maybe two much safer than any other campsite in florida. I'm mor worried about the spiders and the caterpillers that could kill us.

don't forget scorpions, they like to hide in shoes at night...:eek:

BigDaddyRog
06-09-2008, 01:35 PM

yep....and floridas too close to the sun, and pregnant women with high blood pressure and heart complications shouldnt ride anything at disney, and dont drink the water, and the water in the lake may eat your skin, and theres no sound synced to wishes behind the 300 loop, and peacocks can whip otters' butts, if you go into the sun without sunscreen you'll get skin cancer, and sunscreen causes skin cancer, dont feed the animals, dont pet the gatordad, dont drink and drive, dont let children drive golfcarts, dont let family pets drive golf carts, dont drive golf carts too fast or on the sidewalks, look both ways before crossing the street, pedestrians have the right of way, left turn protected on green arrow, speed limit is STOP, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to jail.....what was the original question?

Marek 4
06-09-2008, 03:28 PM
That was just like having a conversation with my 4 year old after eating WAY too much sugar. :rotfl:

des1954
06-09-2008, 04:09 PM
and peacocks can whip otters' butts

Now you've gone & done it!!! Skywalker Otter gonna get you, Rog!!

No Geer-a-dewwly sampuwls for Wogger!!
http://bp1.blogger.com/_pMHGv_HH05g/R6yNkBWfQoI/AAAAAAAAADA/-wWP9_N29M4/S240/P1300060.JPG

AuburnJen92
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
That was just like having a conversation with my 4 year old after eating WAY too much sugar. :rotfl:

unfortunately, that is my 4 year old WITHOUT sugar, ask anyone at the MDGG, i am not making this up!

auntie
06-09-2008, 07:21 PM

Seriously:confused3

Goingtoseethemouse
06-09-2008, 07:52 PM

Yeah- Your telling me! My 10 year old daughter got bit by a brown recluse spider. That is WAY more common than a gator attacking! She got bit in the leg. Didn't hurt her a bit. She did not even know! But a day or two later it started swelling up...and up...and up...and up! Then the pussball fell out and then there was a hole as big as a bullet hole in her leg--- SERIOUSLY ! It was AWFUL!!!!!!! We brought her to the doctor three times and they tried several antiboitics. They almost put her in the hospital. But then it started to calm down. It was a terrible experience! I know that people die from these bites! It is pretty common! Yeah- forget the gators...be on the look out for spiders!

Leyla

AuburnJen92
06-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Seriously:confused3

bring your shoes inside tina's 5th wheel and you should be fine...they like going to warm dark places

AuburnJen92
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah- Your telling me! My 10 year old daughter got bit by a brown recluse spider. That is WAY more common than a gator attacking! She got bit in the leg. Didn't hurt her a bit. She did not even know! But a day or two later it started swelling up...and up...and up...and up! Then the pussball fell out and then there was a hole as big as a bullet hole in her leg--- SERIOUSLY ! It was AWFUL!!!!!!! We brought her to the doctor three times and they tried several antiboitics. They almost put her in the hospital. But then it started to calm down. It was a terrible experience! I know that people die from these bites! It is pretty common! Yeah- forget the gators...be on the look out for spiders!

Leyla

Leyla, you are right. I have had a couple students bitten and pretty much the way you describe it is common place. Most people do not die from it, but it can get serious from the infection. My mother was bitten in Key West last year and her foot looked "a mess."

Goingtoseethemouse
06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Leyla, you are right. I have had a couple students bitten and pretty much the way you describe it is common place. Most people do not die from it, but it can get serious from the infection. My mother was bitten in Key West last year and her foot looked "a mess."

Yeah----some bites can get pretty bad!:sick: :sick:
Where do you teach? Looks like we are neighbors...I teach in PB County 1st grade

AuburnJen92
06-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I teach in St.Lucie, but wanting to go back to Martin. I taught in Martin for 9 years.

Goingtoseethemouse
06-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I teach in St.Lucie, but wanting to go back to Martin. I taught in Martin for 9 years.

My sis-in-law is a AP in Martin. A teacher at my school's wife is running for super in Martin. Small world! :)

AuburnJen92
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
what school is your sil at? i might know her...i also grew up in the martin co school system...

Doggmeat
06-09-2008, 11:36 PM
what school is your sil at? i might know her...i also grew up in the martin co school system...

small world, i grew up in the broward county prison, i mean school system

graciejane
06-10-2008, 10:54 AM
unfortunately, that is my 4 year old WITHOUT sugar, ask anyone at the MDGG, i am not making this up!

My 14 yr old DS still talks like that (DH says he gets it from me).
We saw a gator swimming in the canal behind the tennis courts when we were down in March. Usually they are not a big deal but this one looked to be 4-5 ft long. Thats the largest I have ever seen at FW. The nice CM got on the phone real quick when we told him how big it was.

Gatordad
06-10-2008, 11:38 AM
nothing could survive more than 10 seconds in my sneakers.

clkelley
06-10-2008, 11:51 AM

So is Indy right, it's only the little bitty scorpions you have to worry about???

ftwildernessguy
06-10-2008, 11:54 AM
nothing could survive more than 10 seconds in my sneakers.

How long in the crocs?

We4mickey
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
We always leave our flip flops and crocs outside the camper. Now you guys are making me wonder. We haven't ever had a problem. I think we will be bringing them in from now on.

loveDmouse
06-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Scary! :scared1:

I didn't realize there are scorpions in FL. I have never seen them. Do you see them a lot at the Fort???:eek:
Something else to add to my list of things to be scared about.
I am terrified of spiders. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Don't like much bugs actually. Haven't since I was a kid.

Gatordad
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
How long in the crocs?

Rubber doesn't hold in the skank as much, so I'd say a minute.

BigDaddyRog
06-10-2008, 01:50 PM
I really didnt see a single spider my whole trip, and never even thought about scorpions!!!!

The sand at the sites was really working my OCD....I never even knew I HAD OCD till that sand entered my life...I woke up very early most mornings, and first thing after the trip to the comfort station was hosing down all the tarps and painters plastic, shoes and anything else that horrible sand would stick to. God.....it really became my destiny to defeat that sand!!!!! I was COMPLETLY emersed in the battle of the sand!!! Ialso usually hosed everything down again by late afternoon!!! I know...I should seek professional help..but I dont think any spiders or scorps had a swimming chance around my site!!!!

michelle9343
06-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Scary! :scared1:

I didn't realize there are scorpions in FL. I have never seen them. Do you see them a lot at the Fort???:eek:
Something else to add to my list of things to be scared about.
I am terrified of spiders. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Don't like much bugs actually. Haven't since I was a kid.

The scorpions in fl are not deadly ( Unless you are allergic to them). Their sting is like that of a wasp or bee.

loveDmouse
06-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I really didnt see a single spider my whole trip, and never even thought about scorpions!!!!

The sand at the sites was really working my OCD....I never even knew I HAD OCD till that sand entered my life...I woke up very early most mornings, and first thing after the trip to the comfort station was hosing down all the tarps and painters plastic, shoes and anything else that horrible sand would stick to. God.....it really became my destiny to defeat that sand!!!!! I was COMPLETLY emersed in the battle of the sand!!! Ialso usually hosed everything down again by late afternoon!!! I know...I should seek professional help..but I dont think any spiders or scorps had a swimming chance around my site!!!!

I didn't see any spiders on any of our trips. I for sure hadn't seen a scorpion. I would have remembered. :faint:

That sand can be a mess for sure.

The scorpions in fl are not deadly ( Unless you are allergic to them). Their sting is like that of a wasp or bee.

That is good to know. Only thing is I have never been stung by a bee or wasp so I don't know if I am allergic. I don't think anyone in my family is. Is that something that runs in your family or is there some kind of sign that would indicate you would be allergic? That would ruin our trip to the Fort. :worried:

Thanks guys!

PolynesianPixie
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I didn't see any spiders on any of our trips. I for sure hadn't seen a scorpion. I would have remembered. :faint:

That sand can be a mess for sure.

That is good to know. Only thing is I have never been stung by a bee or wasp so I don't know if I am allergic. I don't think anyone in my family is. Is that something that runs in your family or is there some kind of sign that would indicate you would be allergic? That would ruin our trip to the Fort. :worried:

Thanks guys!

My daughter is allergic to bees. Her first sting was no biggie and we had no indication that she was allergic. Her second sting she broke out in hives within seconds. I gave her Benadryl and rushed her to the ER. Now we carry an Epi-pen with us at all times . There really was no indication beforehand that she would be allergic other than one great grandmother having the allergy. It is not common, and certainly shouldn't be a worry when planning a trip to FW! :goodvibes

loveDmouse
06-10-2008, 03:01 PM
My daughter is allergic to bees. Her first sting was no biggie and we had no indication that she was allergic. Her second sting she broke out in hives within seconds. I gave her Benadryl and rushed her to the ER. Now we carry an Epi-pen with us at all times . There really was no indication beforehand that she would be allergic other than one great grandmother having the allergy. It is not common, and certainly shouldn't be a worry when planning a trip to FW! :goodvibes

Thanks.

Sorry your daughter has trouble with them.

PolynesianPixie
06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks.

Sorry your daughter has trouble with them.

Just something to keep us on our toes!

AuburnJen92
06-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Just dump out your shoes if you leave them outside...lots of arachnids, reptiles, insects, etc. will like to take residence in your nice, comfy warm shoes for the evening.

loveDmouse
06-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I am too paranoid to leave my shoes outside. ::yes::
I should be safe.

RatBoy
06-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Hmmmm, I think this thread is spooking some folks! I just got a question on the Moms Panel about scorpions. Seems they read something on another forum about scorpions in the cabins.:rolleyes1

-Bret

Goingtoseethemouse
06-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Hmmmm, I think this thread is spooking some folks! I just got a question on the Moms Panel about scorpions. Seems they read something on another forum about scorpions in the cabins.:rolleyes1

-Bret

Oh, then you wouldn't want them to also know about the attacking bunnies and the aggressive squirrels ether! ;)

clkelley
06-11-2008, 06:48 AM

An electric blower works better. Water just makes that sand stuff gooey.

RatBoy
06-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Oh, then you wouldn't want them to also know about the attacking bunnies and the aggressive squirrels ether! ;)

:lmao:

What about the bears that sing off-key? :rotfl2:

-Bret

PolynesianPixie
06-11-2008, 07:24 AM
You really need to worry about attack peacocks.

Goingtoseethemouse
06-11-2008, 07:32 AM

Yeah, have you heard about that kid that got pecked to death? After the peacock was done pecking at him- he quilled him and spit ink at him! It was horrific!

ntsammy5
06-11-2008, 07:43 AM
quilled him????????????????????? :confused3 :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :cool1:

AuburnJen92
06-11-2008, 07:54 AM

-Bret

no one ever said there were scorpions in cabins on this thread that i know of...geesh!:confused3

AuburnJen92
06-11-2008, 07:55 AM

the otters are pretty nasty as well....they steal beer!:lmao:

BigDaddyRog
06-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I was grilling hotdogs on the upscale grills they provide you with at each site....and a squirell jumped on the grill as if it werent even warm....took a wiener of and leaped to the picnic table shoved the wiener into a bun, grabbed the mustard container and plopped hinself a dollup. I was completely amazed...it absolutely FLOORED me....first off, that the grill didnt fry his little feet, and secondly that he knew how to make a proper hotdog. The was Disney magic at its finest.....then he went for the beer....and the magic was gone!!!! I swatted at him with the spatula, he went all ninja on me...yanked the spatula right outta my hand and swang it around with the precision of a well trained combat artist. Here I am, sweating and hot from the grill next to me....with no grilling tool in hand...and a squirrel on my picnic table posed in some power ranger death strike position with a spatula pointed right at my juggler vein.......needless to say....I forfieted the beer. He may have been a little badasteriskasteriskasterisk, but he didnt have a chance in hell of making it up the tree with that full bottle of brew!!! I figured I get him when he hit the tree......ya know, he didnt even TRY to go up the dang tree....that ballsy little punk took his hotdog and beer and hopped over to my loungechair!!!! Sat in MY CHAIR, eating MY HOTDOG, and drinking MY BEER!!!!!! All I could do was watch, I made a move towards the camera, because I figured NO ONE would EVER believe this, but he slapped that spatula down with athority on the picnic table right in front of the camera...which I took as a warning that he wasnt too big about being in photos.
The wildlife at the fort IS wildlife...very unpredictable(and sometimes well trained with the skills of a heartless killer)...use common sense, and you'll be alright. And for gods sake....a beer aint worth losing your life over, sometimes these are sacrifices we have to learn to live with!!
The "S" aint for superman, people...Its for SQUIRREL
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/d4ed4d4d.jpg

AuburnJen92
06-11-2008, 08:31 AM

ntsammy5
06-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Rog is on a roll today! :rotfl2:

Goingtoseethemouse
06-11-2008, 08:41 AM
quilled him????????????????????? :confused3 :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :cool1:

He he he.....made me laugh and thats all that matters!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Goingtoseethemouse
06-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Too Funny Rog----you have out done yourself this time!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

VACAMPER
06-11-2008, 11:30 AM

ftwildernessguy
06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Somehow we need to harness Rog's talent and use it for the good of mankind. It's just going to waste here.

Just Beachy
06-11-2008, 12:19 PM
I was grilling hotdogs on the upscale grills they provide you with at each site....and a squirell jumped on the grill as if it werent even warm....took a wiener of and leaped to the picnic table shoved the wiener into a bun, grabbed the mustard container and plopped hinself a dollup. I was completely amazed...it absolutely FLOORED me....first off, that the grill didnt fry his little feet, and secondly that he knew how to make a proper hotdog. The was Disney magic at its finest.....then he went for the beer....and the magic was gone!!!! I swatted at him with the spatula, he went all ninja on me...yanked the spatula right outta my hand and swang it around with the precision of a well trained combat artist. Here I am, sweating and hot from the grill next to me....with no grilling tool in hand...and a squirrel on my picnic table posed in some power ranger death strike position with a spatula pointed right at my juggler vein.......needless to say....I forfieted the beer. He may have been a little badasteriskasteriskasterisk, but he didnt have a chance in hell of making it up the tree with that full bottle of brew!!! I figured I get him when he hit the tree......ya know, he didnt even TRY to go up the dang tree....that ballsy little punk took his hotdog and beer and hopped over to my loungechair!!!! Sat in MY CHAIR, eating MY HOTDOG, and drinking MY BEER!!!!!! All I could do was watch, I made a move towards the camera, because I figured NO ONE would EVER believe this, but he slapped that spatula down with athority on the picnic table right in front of the camera...which I took as a warning that he wasnt too big about being in photos.
The wildlife at the fort IS wildlife...very unpredictable(and sometimes well trained with the skills of a heartless killer)...use common sense, and you'll be alright. And for gods sake....a beer aint worth losing your life over, sometimes these are sacrifices we have to learn to live with!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

breick
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
(This squirrel story is actually true.) We had enjoyed a whole group of them scampering around the campsite...until one day a squirrel climbed up into one of our folding chairs and used it as a bathroom. Left a big puddle! I guess the comfort station must have been closed for cleaning or it was after midnight and he forgot his keycard...

AuburnJen92
06-11-2008, 01:10 PM
(This squirrel story is actually true.) We had enjoyed a whole group of them scampering around the campsite...until one day a squirrel climbed up into one of our folding chairs and used it as a bathroom. Left a big puddle! I guess the comfort station must have been closed for cleaning or it was after midnight and he forgot his keycard...

he was so afraid of the peacocks and otters chasing him that he tried to hide and it scared the pee out of him!:lmao: :rotfl2:

loveDmouse
06-11-2008, 02:46 PM

OMG--- you are too funny. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Somehow we need to harness Rog's talent and use it for the good of mankind. It's just going to waste here.

You are so right!

BigDaddyRog
06-11-2008, 06:02 PM
WHAT???.....dat's a TRUE story!!!! ;)

I noticed they changed the title of this thread to HJ-Alligators at the fort....is the HJ for HighJacked? I thought we stayed on the wildlife subject pretty closely this time!!

ntsammy5
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I noticed they changed the title of this thread to HJ-Alligators at the fort....is the HJ for HighJacked? I thought we stayed on the wildlife subject pretty closely this time!!

Howard Johnson

One flavor----

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/films/tt0071230/60266.jpg

loveDmouse
06-11-2008, 07:37 PM
WHAT???.....dat's a TRUE story!!!! ;)

I was just wondering the same thing. I thought I was losing my mind looking at the Aligator thread then I find this one here in the new section which is what I was looking for in the first place.

I guess HJ is highjacked. Does the fairy do highjacking now? What talents doesn't she hold.

Disney Campers
06-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Can't blame the tag fairy for that one:thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
06-11-2008, 08:44 PM

what, did you get too many complaints again?

des1954
06-12-2008, 05:24 AM

Do I sense a confession?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/cgo0218l.jpg

Thumper_ehhhhh
06-12-2008, 06:55 AM

Rog buddy. Are you ok. Your lucky to be alive. Slappy there looks like one badasssroddent. How long did you have to deal with the pain of watching him eat ya dogs and drink ya beer? To the OP I have not seen any gaters at the Fort but have seen kids with Crocs on there feet. Does that count?

des1954
06-12-2008, 07:00 AM
To the OP I have not seen any gaters at the Fort but have seen kids with Crocs on there feet. Does that count?

The Pwetty Pwincess wears stanky crocs.

AuburnJen92
06-12-2008, 08:01 AM
The Pwetty Pwincess wears stanky crocs.

why have you been smelling pete's crocs again? i thought you had given that up???:rotfl2:

abbdrey
06-12-2008, 09:28 PM
BDR - That squirrel story was hilarious!! I just found this thread as well and noticed the title. I guess it means hijacked because I am sure it was not there when I started the thread.

We just ran out to the Fort tonight. The weather here has been really stormy and a breaker tripped in the camper. We had to run out there and turn it back on.

I did not notice any crazy squirrels, but I saw about 6 deer driving into the Fort. They are so pretty.

VACAMPER
06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
They are not pretty. They ate all three rows of my beans and my pepper plants last night!!! They are not pretty!!!!!! I'm going to install a giraffe cage to keep them out.

abbdrey
06-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I am sorry - They looked really pretty looking out of the trees on the side of the road. I didn't really think of what a pest they may be in other areas.

VACAMPER
06-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I love them all year long until my garden comes in. I can't seem to find anything that keeps them out. I've tried everything. We are infested with them, I do love the momma that has a set of twins below our house every year.(she could take a year or two off. that would help)

des1954
06-13-2008, 06:39 AM
I saw about 6 deer driving into the Fort.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

What were they driving??? The Magical Express Bus???:lmao:

AuburnJen92
06-13-2008, 09:24 PM
maybe they were in the service golf cart, the extended version!:rotfl2: