PDA

View Full Version : Best place to rent surrey bike/paddle boat

FLAngie
06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Which place is the best to rent surrey bikes? We are taking our 5 and 6 year old dds and are looking for someplace that does not have a lot of hills or a lot of people. We would prefer not to run anyone over:thumbsup2

We were also thinking of renting paddle boats again. We have used the ones at CBR but were looking for suggestions for another nice lake to try.

Thanks!

AllieBoo
06-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Either CSR or Port Orleans are great places to rent bikes. I think Port Orleans has prettier grounds and it is on the river. I'm not sure either place rents paddle boats though...

lucysdad
06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Stay away from Heart Attack Hill at the Boardwalk! BTW--The kids will not be allowed to steer until they are 18. I know your kids are too young to even consider steering, but our 9 yr. old DD was very disappointed last year. We thought it was funny that she would be able to drive a car before she could steer a surrey!
Lucy's Mom

Peepster
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
I'd vote for Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness. The paved path between them is so relaxing and fun. We've seen deer and armadillos in the area on early morning rides.

And the boat areas are much quieter at either of these resorts, too. Bay Lake is great fun.

Have a great time! Are you going to try the (what do they call them now?) Mouse Boats or water sprites?

FLAngie
06-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! If anyone has anymore, keep them coming.

We want to rent the pedal boats. You know the kind that your legs are too wobbly to walk after:rotfl2: The kids love them.

The will be disappointed to hear that they will not be able to steer the surrey bikes however. That is something very good to know before we get there so we can tell them ahead of time.

fla4fun
06-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I would second the vote for the WL/FW surrey rental. It's a lot of fun. It is also easier from the standpoint that there never seem to be as many pedestrians on that walkway as there are at the Epcot resorts or Port Orleans resort.

I haven't seen pedal boats for a long time. The last time I saw them was at the Swan/Dolphin, for use in their section of the water (not out where the motorized boats are). Maybe someone who has been to the Swan/Dolphin recently can tell us if they are still there?

MAGICinMYHEART
06-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Not only will your DDs not be able to steer the Surrey Bikes they won't be able to reach the pedals. They would have to use the middle seats that have no pedals, or ride in a basket type thing in the front of the bike.

Surrey Bikes
$19.00 1/2 hour-2 Seater
$21.00 1/2 hour-4 Seater
Operator must be at least 18 years of age and in good health.
Height of 5'4" required to reach pedals. Shoes are required

I know that the Marina at Wilderness Lodge doesn't have the paddle boats, not sure any of the Disney Resorts have them. :confused3

mjkaferle5
06-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Our family rode a surrey bike at POR. It was great fun! Definitely needed to hop in the pool afterwards. There was no problem with people getting in the way on the walkway. You would just ring the bells on the surrey!

FLAngie
06-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Not only will your DDs not be able to steer the Surrey Bikes they won't be able to reach the pedals. They would have to use the middle seats that have no pedals, or ride in a basket type thing in the front of the bike.

Surrey Bikes
$19.00 1/2 hour-2 Seater
$21.00 1/2 hour-4 Seater
Operator must be at least 18 years of age and in good health.
Height of 5'4" required to reach pedals. Shoes are required

I know that the Marina at Wilderness Lodge doesn't have the paddle boats, not sure any of the Disney Resorts have them. :confused3

Yikes, I didn't realize that they would not even be able to reach the pedals. I have seen other kids riding them...I guess I did not pay enough attention. My daughters are tall, but not that tall.

We rented the pedal boats at CBR in March when we stayed. Maybe we will have to go back to the same place after all.

Thanks for all the great info!