PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for Christmas?

GailT
06-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Anyone do anything special when you are in a hotel in Disney at Christmas time. I put a Yankee candle tree sented thing that you hang in your car, just gives the room more of a christmas feel. Anyone else have ideas on what to do or things they have done, other then putting up a tree:santa:

Kristineamb
06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Spent Christmas 2007 @Pop...had the tree, lights and decorations on windows and doors, stockings hung in the room. Mousekeeping asked if I had decorated @home (I had outside but not inside.) Brought cookies, nut bread, hot coco, etc.... :santa:

geokeim
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
We ordered Reindeer food one year at CR.
(carrots I believe)
I happen to know though that Santa much prefers the chocolate chip cookies from room service.:santa:
We always take a prelit tree from Lands end, the sit it out in the trash when we're done. And we use our Disney ornaments of course.:wizard:

Minnie&Nana
06-11-2008, 01:10 PM
We've decorated the room a little - at the Poly we had a teeny ceramic tree, a little manger, a bowl of candy, a couple of Christmas pillows on the day bed....things like that...oh, and we made a tree out of colored lights on the sliding glass door and strung lights on the balcony banister. :santa:

We also had special housekeeping thank you envelopes and left a little gift with it each day - like a small box of candy with a ribbon on it, a Christmas goodie bag tied with ribbon ( mints, candy cane lip gloss, stickers).

Oh, and we had bells hanging on the outside door handle - one moring we heard the bells ring, so we opened to the door...only to find a guest walking down the hall with the bells! ::yes:: He said he thought it was his room. :confused3

We've done the same when staying at POP...usually go for a long weekend early December.

It was so much fun! :goodvibes

Amy&Dan
06-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Well we put up a small tree and then each day we would buy a Disney ornament to hang on it. I also would have the kids buy each other little presents, we brought wrapping paper and they would wrap them and then the next morning open them.

We also brought Christmas movies and our portable DVD player to watch our favorites in our room at night.

If I go back, I will get some of those peel and stick plastic sticker things for our window/sliding door. I noticed lots of people had those and since they come on a sheet it would be a piece of cake to put them in a suitcase.

skipperkim
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm taking some Mickey window clings I bought last year. I have a tree and some ornaments I've made out the puchies I have. I'm not sure if I'm taking the tree or not. I'll have to see with the new airline baggage rules.

MsStinkerBelle
06-11-2008, 06:37 PM
We usually have a tree (bringing a silver tinsel tree this year) along with lighted garlands, a wreath for the room door complete with Christmas-themed Disney plushes, and we have a 'rockin Santa Stitch that rocks his hips back and forth ringing a bell while singing his version of 'We Wish you a Merry Christmas'. I also bring a fragrance oil burner and some pine, clove and other Christmas-sy scented oils. We also bring along any Disney Christmas cartoons on DVD. Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas is our favorite! :thumbsup2

My DD8 usually has her Mickey and Minnie 12" plushes outfitted as Santa's Elves. We get the outfits from Build A Bear--they fit just fine!