PDA

View Full Version : Gf and Poly really sold out the weekend of 12/5 ?

Fromeurope
06-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to make reservations online for the weekend of 12/5, but I don't get any availability for GF and Poly. Is it really possible those hotels are sold out? Thought it was a less busy time of the year?
Who knows?

Tonyspad
06-11-2008, 09:00 AM
That is when they host the Pop Warner Championship. I was able to grab a GF reservation for the same weekend in 2006 and there we no discounts :confused3

time4Mickey
06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Isn't it also the weekend they tape the parade?

Sherry047
06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I would just keep checking. I booked my hotel for Pop back in April (for Dec. 4 - 12). I really wanted to stay at the WL, but it was booked solid.

I checked last night and there were openings finally for the days I wanted!

So.....don't give up!

DisneyHispana
06-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow :eek: :eek: I was planning a trip all the way from Madrid, Spain and hoping to stay at either Poly or GF for December 7-13 2009 (next year).

I also thought it would be really empty during these first weeks of December, but just got a bit worried reading this.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a calendar showing these events that can potentially crowd the parks (parade taping, Pop Warner...)

Fromeurope
06-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Okay, I thought it was some kind of computermistake :)
Must look for an alternative now, thanks for answering.

Mschissl
06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I am already booked at The Poly but I looked again last night just for fun and I found both the GF, Poly and WL were available for a 12-7 check in. Maybe only the 5th and 6th are booked???? I find that so weird. I was checking very late n the evening too. Most of Pop Warners stay at Values and then overlfow to a couple moderates, so I would think that should not be a big the issue

TinkWink
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I would book something you can get, but do keep checking. Last year about this time we decided to add a day to the start of our trip and wanted to stay at Ft Wilderness in a cabin. Online and over the phone they said sold out! I was able to book it on another travel website; but a month or two later, it was available for booking online. Maybe they do some sort of roll-out on availability during certain weeks?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Isn't this around the time when they film the Christmas parade at the Magic Kingdom. So wouldn't the celebrities stay at the Grand Floridian and maybe the Polynesian?

TPCShauna
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Yes, that weekend is the parade taping. Also, when we were originally looking at arriving the day before Thanksgiving, we were planning to stay through the 6th so that might be part of the crowds as well.

Pop Warner kids are mostly at the All-Stars and PO. Mousefest is also the end of the next week so some of them might be coming in early.

We are arriving Dec. 7 through Dec. 14 and I've already started to be concerned about the crowd levels. :(

letthewookiewin
06-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I would agree with the OP that said to keep trying. This morning I changed our MK view room at the Poly to the WL. We are going to be there Dec. 7 -14, 2008. Since I did it first thing this morning, I'm sure that room has already been reserved by some one else though. You never know when some one will change their mind like I did.

LegoMom3
06-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Something I have read many times here on the boards is that there are only a certain number of rooms for any given resort that are alloted for on-line booking. You could call and get a totally different story. Of course it's certainly possible that they are both already booked, but I would definitely try to call before giving up.

Fromeurope
06-11-2008, 04:36 PM
I will try to call later but that's a major event for me. Calling to the US from Europe and don't forget spelling all those silly foreign names and adresses. Last time it took 1 1/2 hour :) and then they called back in the middle of the night. There is a 7 hour timedifference! But okay, I will do anything for my Disneyvacation :rotfl2:

Amy&Dan
06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I will try to call later but that's a major event for me. Calling to the US from Europe and don't forget spelling all those silly foreign names and adresses. Last time it took 1 1/2 hour :) and then they called back in the middle of the night. There is a 7 hour timedifference! But okay, I will do anything for my Disneyvacation :rotfl2:

You know I would suggest a Travel Agent for you. I have used Dreams Unlimited many times. My agent Debbie, does the calling for me, if I can't get the resort I want, she books me into another and then keesp her eyes open. She watches for codes and she will make your ADR's for you so that you can avoid that phone call too. And she always gets in touch with me via email. I cannot and will not deal with CRO directly anymore.

If you click on the link above, Dreams will send you a quote. Once your agent is assigned, he/she can talk with you about your various options.

Good luck!