PDA

View Full Version : Modifying a reservation?

Samsma
06-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi! I just added on a night at the beginning of our vacation in a couple of weeks:cool1: Anyway, the CM told me that if I needed to cancel the night I added on, I could do so up to the time of check-in. Is this right? I'm nervous about paying for a night at the YC that I'm not using. We are driving and you never know what will happen on the way. Thanks!

helenk
06-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Room only reservations must be cancelled 5 or 6 days prior to check in, so if you were to cancel the day of, you would lose your deposit which is usually the cost of a 1 night stay.

Samsma
06-11-2008, 06:13 AM
The CM told me since I was not canceling, only modifying, that the five day rule didn't apply. Does anyone know for sure about just dropping off one day?

Samsma
06-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Bumping:confused3

LadyLt
06-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Your Post is not complete on how you added the day. Is it a single night reservation with a multi-night reservation to follow? Or did you modify your original reservation to include another night. If it is a single night reservation, you have until five days before the day of checkin to cancel it and recieve a refund on your deposit. If it is a multi-day reservation, you need to call DRC/WTC to modify the reservation and that should be done at least 24 hours before your arrival day. At this time when the resorts are completely full and WDW resorts are turning away guests, they are NOT going to hold a room for you and not charge you for it. You cannot cancel the day of arrival because they could have sold that room to another guest and received full price for it.

Samsma
06-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Thank you for the info- I asked the CM twice about the policy and she clearly stated that until check-in time I could make a change to drop the first day of the multi-day reservation. I also was sure to get a name in case I had problems later. I thought something was wrong there, that was why I posted my question. I'm not trying to get away with anything, just to be sure that I don't lose $300 plus on a night I can't use because a CM told me the wrong info.