PDA

View Full Version : SS/OKW without DVC?

torsie24
06-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Are non members allowed to stay at these? The website looks like it will let me, or am I missing something?

chepic
06-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Yes, non members can stay there, however members have a larger booking window, and you can't reserve one until 7 months out if you are paying (I believe). You would have to call the reservation people to know exactly.

torsie24
06-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Cool, thankyou! SS looks lovely! But not looked at anything about OKW yet!

So many new doors are opening up to me!!

chepic
06-10-2008, 04:05 PM
On this board, there is a DVC member area that you can go on and "buy" someone's points for a stay, which will give you a better chance at what you want and for less money. I have sold some points this way, and know others that have also, and it really is a better way to book. You could end up saving 1/2 the amount you would have spent. Sometimes, also, you can find a deal on the off season if you stay a SS since they are still trying to sell them. Just a thought.

Good luck

DVC Mike
06-10-2008, 05:23 PM
On this board, there is a DVC member area that you can go on and "buy" someone's points for a stay

Yes, but be sure and read the Considering Renting from a DVC Member? thread.

J&J'sMOM
06-10-2008, 06:09 PM
We rented points from a DVC member for our trip in August! We are staying in a 2 br at OKW. Everything has worked out great- ended up saving a good amount of $. We checked references and he has emailed us our confirmations, and he has set up ME and the DDP. We are ready to go!:cool1:

jade1
06-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Are non members allowed to stay at these? The website looks like it will let me, or am I missing something?

All DVC resorts are available to anyone (unless they are full). Just went to Disney.com for Sept 14, one night and could have taken a studio or 1 or 2 BR at BCV of BWV if I wanted.