PDA

View Full Version : Adjoining rooms at POR?

daisylou
06-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Hi,
I am traveling with my husband and four children to WDW this Sept for free dining. I recently changed our reservation from the Poly to two rooms at POR. With four kids I thought we could use the extra space and bathroom.

I just looked at the resort room photos on allearsnet.com and it does not look like any of the guest rooms at either Port Orleans hotel have inner doorways to make adjoining rooms. I called and spoke with a CM at Disney just a minute ago and he assured me that there are inner doors and that the hotel is very good about putting families with more children than adults in adjoining rooms and opening up the door between them.

Yes, I have read on these boards that adjoining rooms are not a guarantee.

Should I trust this CM? Should I try to book a Wilderness cabin instead? This CM was so sure that adjoining rooms would be no problem!

Thanks!
Molly

disneyfreak33
06-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Those rooms are "Connecting" rooms ...

Adjoining rooms are side by side without the door.

You want "Connecting" rooms. I would call back ASAP and make the change.

I can confirm also that POR has connecting rooms as we had them last year when we stayed there. We didn't have a problem getting what we wanted. As long as you don't make a zillion requests they do their part to fulfill them. I wouldn't worry too much.

Have a wonderful and safe trip! :)

daisylou
06-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the clarification! Connecting rooms are my only request so I hope that it will work out for us.
Thanks again,
Molly