PDA

View Full Version : Two DD (5&7) - Sep Ressies - which Del or Mod and why shouldn't I move from Poly?

jmar2976
06-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I have ressies at Poly first week of Sept....Free dining and all. We are excited and DDs don't know. I keep going back and forth between our current Poly reservations and Maybe WL? They both love animals (horses especially!) but we value staying close to MK and having access to the beach for fireworks, etc.

Our stay is for 7 nights...Do you recommend we keep the ressies at Poly, move to WL, or save a bunch of money and stay at a great Mod???? We have budgeted for this for two years and are ready to spend the money on the deluxe, but I can't help but wonder if it is worth the extra $$$?

I NEED HELP! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

:badpc:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM
If you are able to afford it I would say you should keep your reservation at the Polynesian.

K and K's Mommy
06-09-2008, 09:54 PM
I've stayed at POR, Poly, and WL. If you can afford it, I think the deluxes are worth it. I would definitley stay at POR again, but I just like the other two better. I especially like being closer to all the action!

WL is probably my all time favorite, but we are a family of five so the Poly works better for us. I love, love being on the monorail. You can be to the Magic Kingdom in no time. I also loved watching the fireworks on nights we didn't stay in the parks. It just seems like you are still "there" if that makes sense.

I like the atmosphere better at the WL. My kids loved riding the boat to the MK although the bus is a bit quicker! But, you just can't beat the size of the rooms at the Poly.

You can't go wrong with either one, but I think if you have budgeted for Poly, you will love being on the monorail. Have fun!

KatMark
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
I am a big MOD fan and have stayed at Poly and Contemporary. However, with children your age and the Poly being our favorite of the deluxes that we have stayed at, if you can afford it I would stay at the Poly for the convenience and the reasons you mentioned. Enjoy.

mickeynut1
06-10-2008, 06:50 AM
The Poly and the WL are our 2 favorite deluxes.....we love them both for different reasons :goodvibes. We are booked at the WL in December because of the Christmas decorations as the WL beats out all the other resorts during the holidays, IMO :santa:. But when I book our trip for July 2009, we will be back at the Poly :cutie:. They are both fabulous resorts and I don't think you can wrong with either one :thumbsup2. But with the ages of your DDs, I would suggest sticking with the Poly...you can't beat the monorail for convenience. Good luck with your decision and have a great trip :woohoo: :woohoo:.

jmar2976
06-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Thank you all so much for your feedback. I am so excited about our trip, so now I have to figure out when and how to surprise my girls! All the Best!